Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tattoos and Piercings
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:can anyone tell a good place to get the portrats done in tats?

Check with Tattoo Charley's in Lexington.. Portraits are something that an artist has to be extremely skilled to do because one slip up would result in the portrait not looking like the person and that would be bad...
Yea tribe that WOULD be bad...
Heck yea it would. I would freak out if someone messed up on any of my tattoos but to make a face not look like who it was intended to be would be awful.
Yea it would...omg that'd be terrible! Look at the person who it was suppose to have been and be like "Well it was suppose to look like you" or WORSE if your bf/gf saw it and it and they were like "What do you have a pics of another guy/girl on there for I thought you were getting one of (insert name)"
Exactly. The studio Miami Ink does an amazing job on portraits or on anything really.
I am considering Southern Steel to do my next ones. They won't be really complicated so I mean just about anyone could do it, just a good job for little money is all I need. lol
Lol...I want one some day but I don't know what of or where...
Hopefully I'll be getting another one soon. DTfan is suppose to go with me, and I say 15th and Cats Fan will go also.
I told you wait until your b-day and that can be your present...lol... But I really wanna go with you... do it on a weekend I'll be in P-burg
I am getting 2 more as soon as I make up my mind about the second one AND get about 100 bucks.

What do you want this time Balla?
That's awesome tribe... the one Balla wants is pretty.... I'll let her tell you about it
Yea. I need to decide what Chinese symbol that I want. I don't know if I want something positive or negative. I want it to remember my grandfather, uncle, and brother that have all passed away mostly but other family members also. I was so close to all of them and they were taken from me. I want something like the
symbol(s) for "Forever Loved" or "In Mourning" or something like that. My cousin has the symbols for "Grandson in Mourning" between his shoulderblades running down his spine as a tribute to our grandfather.

Anyone have any ideas on that? Voice any opinions of what you would do as a memorial. I want something that will be in their memory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Could you do like a cross with the names on it or something... I dunno... just and idea...
I don't really want to put the names because there are so many people that I would to remember with it. Mainly my grandfather, uncle, and brother but who is to say that my sister or parents or grandmother won't pass away and then I am stuck with only 3 names, you know? Plus, a cross isn't my thing, Agnostic..lol But it is a good idea.
I just want a symbol, don't know what to get..makes me sad. Sad
Oh yea...I forgot about the agnostic thing... but I see oyur point... I don't have any ideas for a symbol right off...but if I think of one I'll be sure to let you know.
I need to actually find some of the symbols and pick from which one I would like to have more on me for the rest of my life.
Yea unless you wanna pay out the *** to have it removed.
Indeed, hurts worse to have them taken off than put on and it costs about 5 times more!
Yea...don't they do it with a laser or something... I watched something one time that showed some guy getting some removed and I think they did it was a laser I could be wrong though...
Yea, laser removal is the most common. I have had laser surgery on both of my thumbs before and it hurts very badly. The places that the laser hit were underneath the edge of my fingernails and that was so sensitive. I could stand having a tattoo removed because I know that the area that I had the laser used on before would be more sensitive but still not something that I would want to go through again. I had about 20 different sessions to complete the surgery on my thumbs and it smelled bad and hurt for days after each.
I say it did hurt. The guy on the show I watched had to go back so many different time to get small areas of it removed...but then again he was completely covered in them.
Yea. They only zap you a certain number of times per session. That is why I had to keep going back too, just not enough zaps per time, wouldn't be able to stand them.

Depending on the colors and type of ink, some tattoos can be completely gone and others don't work as well.
Yea... wouldn't black be the worst?
Actually the old school greenish blue that they used WAY back in the day is pretty bad. Black is bad. Red and yellow are easy.
Depends also on when it was done because the ink consistancy and needle depth is variables that are taken into consideration.
Well yea... ink that's deeper in would be harder to remove wouldn't it...it seems like it would.
I have 5 piercings ( all in my ears) and 1 tattoo. Its on the small of my back ( how cliche) and its a hummingbird and a flower. Its pretty big, whole lot bigger than I thought it would be but not much I can do about it now. lol
Yea ink that is deeper is harder because it takes the laser longer to break up the particles.

That is what the laser removal does. It penetrates the skin, breaks up particles of the ink, and lets them distribute themselves back into the person's system.

Warrior, I don't think that I have seen your tattoo?!?
Hmm...that's pretty cool how it removes them but it'd have to hurt... I wouldn't wanna get one removed! When I get one it's there to stay!
That's what I am saying, what I get will stay.
THAT is one example why people should never get their spouse's name on their bodies.
Love fades, tattoo stay.
I just recently got my ears pierced and i really like them...I sure have caught some heat from my friends for it, but I dont care what they think haha
I like em and thats all that matters
I did have two diamonds in but i just put in two blue loops and they are a lot better IMO
I want a tatoo really bad but I'm a chicken when it comes to needles OR pain...lol...I honestly don't know how I got up the guts to get my belly button pierced twice! I guess the hardest part was walking in and telling them what I was thee for because after that I had too much pride to change my mind...