Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most underated players in the 16th
Shaw has about 6 to 7 pitches that he uses in a game. He can throw more pitches than this but they do not work effectively. Only 5 or 6 of these pitches are very effective. Fastball (2 seam and 4seam), knuckle curve, knuckle, splitter, circle change, and slider.
Why is there so much talk about Lewis? Greenup has a lot of young talent that is on the bench, that frankly would be starting at most other schools in the region..... Boyd also is a growing program, any names from those programs?
lewisfan21 Wrote:So you have never seen a high school pitcher throw a knuckleball, a slider, or even a screwball. A screwball is thrown the same as the curve except you snap your wrist the opposite way. I don't know why you think the fork and split are the same. A fork is thrown different than a split. And tell Matsuzaka that the gyro isn't really a pitch.

Are you really trying to compare this kid from Lewis to a Japanese pitcher in the major leagues? I know how to throw a screw ball, but it's obvious you people in Lewis are out of touch with reality. This is a stupid argument
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Are you really trying to compare this kid from Lewis to a Japanese pitcher in the major leagues? I know how to throw a screw ball, but it's obvious you people in Lewis are out of touch with reality. This is a stupid argument

I'm not comparing him to anybody. I'm just saying that the gyro is a pitch. I don't know exactly how many pitches he throws in a game but I know he throws at least 7.
lewisfan21 Wrote:I'm not comparing him to anybody. I'm just saying that the gyro is a pitch. I don't know exactly how many pitches he throws in a game but I know he throws at least 7.

Haha. Now it's 7. It's went down 3, by this time next week it will be down to 2, which is a lot more accurate.
Kyle Martin on GCHS Pitcher/Infielder(SS)Wink
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Haha. Now it's 7. It's went down 3, by this time next week it will be down to 2, which is a lot more accurate.

I'm saying that he only throws about 7 different pitches in one game. I know that he can throw more than 10 different pitches. I think he throws different pitches against different teams.
lewisfan21 Wrote:I'm saying that he only throws about 7 different pitches in one game. I know that he can throw more than 10 different pitches. I think he throws different pitches against different teams.

No he doesn't! Stop trying to get people to believe that because it is not true. He throws the same pitches every game and it's no where close to 7. Maybe 7 variations of 3 pitches combined, but thats it. This is starting to get rediculus.
what is ridiculous is the kid may throw 7 pitches in a game its not unbelievable some pitches may work for him and some may not it doesn't mean he does not throw them but what is really ridiculous is everyone has Greenup Co fever or something cause its ok for them to talk about Greenup 24/7 but when someone mentioned another team in the 16th region you have 100 people jumping down their throat saying how much better Greenup is!!.I beleive this is called BLUEGRASS rivals not Greenup rivals.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:No he doesn't! Stop trying to get people to believe that because it is not true. He throws the same pitches every game and it's no where close to 7. Maybe 7 variations of 3 pitches combined, but thats it. This is starting to get rediculus.
ukfootballrocks Wrote:what is ridiculous is the kid may throw 7 pitches in a game its not unbelievable some pitches may work for him and some may not it doesn't mean he does not throw them but what is really ridiculous is everyone has Greenup Co fever or something cause its ok for them to talk about Greenup 24/7 but when someone mentioned another team in the 16th region you have 100 people jumping down their throat saying how much better Greenup is!!.I beleive this is called BLUEGRASS rivals not Greenup rivals.

I agree. I know that Greenup won last year but there are other teams in the region that have a chance to win it, Lewis county being one of them. Maybe if people would go watch a few other teams besides Greenup and Lawrence then they would know this.
ukfootballrocks Wrote:what is ridiculous is the kid may throw 7 pitches in a game its not unbelievable some pitches may work for him and some may not it doesn't mean he does not throw them but what is really ridiculous is everyone has Greenup Co fever or something cause its ok for them to talk about Greenup 24/7 but when someone mentioned another team in the 16th region you have 100 people jumping down their throat saying how much better Greenup is!!.I beleive this is called BLUEGRASS rivals not Greenup rivals.

Well the Greenup fans have been in the shadow of Boyd since 1996, and from what I read Lewis is getting a lot more love than Greenup here on BLUEGRASS Rivals, If Lewis beats Greenup on Tuesday then I will not say another word against them, but until someone in the 16th beats the Musketeers I will stand true by them. Also, I have never "jumped down their throat saying how much better Greenup is" because baseball is a scary game, the best team does not always win, the only thing I have said is that there is no way that a kid has 10 pitches, and also the Lewis fans know it cause it is lowering as we speak.

Well regardless they were talking about Lewis winning the 16th and that won't happen. I hope after tonights whooping all that talk will stop.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well regardless they were talking about Lewis winning the 16th and that won't happen. I hope after tonights whooping all that talk will stop.

Was you at the game? Lewis didn't pitch their best pitchers and they still made a game out of it. If Lewis gets a couple of timely hits with runners on base then things would have got interesting.
Bosox Fan Wrote:Well the Greenup fans have been in the shadow of Boyd since 1996, and from what I read Lewis is getting a lot more love than Greenup here on BLUEGRASS Rivals, If Lewis beats Greenup on Tuesday then I will not say another word against them, but until someone in the 16th beats the Musketeers I will stand true by them. Also, I have never "jumped down their throat saying how much better Greenup is" because baseball is a scary game, the best team does not always win, the only thing I have said is that there is no way that a kid has 10 pitches, and also the Lewis fans know it cause it is lowering as we speak.

I hope that you get to see Shaw pitch just so you will believe that it is not impossible to throw that many pitches. He threw against East Carter earlier this year and he used at least 7 of his pitches. And i'm mot talking about the same pitch from different release points. I'm talking about 7 completely different pitches. I've seen him throw more than 10 different pitches over the course of a season, not all of them in the same game.
lewisfan21 Wrote:Was you at the game? Lewis didn't pitch their best pitchers and they still made a game out of it. If Lewis gets a couple of timely hits with runners on base then things would have got interesting.

timely hitting doesn't matter, they still would have lost big! They are no where close to being the best, they are at best a number 7 or 8 team in the region. Lewis is not that good compared to everyone else in the 16th. Maybe if you go to the 14th you can compete, but not in the 16th.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:timely hitting doesn't matter, they still would have lost big! They are no where close to being the best, they are at best a number 7 or 8 team in the region. Lewis is not that good compared to everyone else in the 16th. Maybe if you go to the 14th you can compete, but not in the 16th.

They competed last year so I don't see why they can't compete this year. They beat Fairview, East, Russell, Morgan, and Rowan and can do the same this year. Greenup and Boyd and possibly Ashland are the only teams that they might not have a chance of beating.
lewisfan21 Wrote:They competed last year so I don't see why they can't compete this year. They beat Fairview, East, Russell, Morgan, and Rowan and can do the same this year. Greenup and Boyd and possibly Ashland are the only teams that they might not have a chance of beating.

Well if they don't have a chance of beating those teams then they don't have a chance at winning region. Good I am glad we finally agree that Lewis has no shot at winning the 16th region tournament. Now we can finally end this agrument.
lewisfan21 Wrote:They competed last year so I don't see why they can't compete this year. They beat Fairview, East, Russell, Morgan, and Rowan and can do the same this year. Greenup and Boyd and possibly Ashland are the only teams that they might not have a chance of beating.

A chance? The way I look at it is in order to get respect you have to earn it, Who has Lewis beat that is a quality ball club THIS YEAR? I have not went to any of there games so I have no idea please fill me in.
lewisfan21 Wrote:I hope that you get to see Shaw pitch just so you will believe that it is not impossible to throw that many pitches. He threw against East Carter earlier this year and he used at least 7 of his pitches. And i'm mot talking about the same pitch from different release points. I'm talking about 7 completely different pitches. I've seen him throw more than 10 different pitches over the course of a season, not all of them in the same game.

I do not care if he can throw 100 pitches, if he spots a fastball with velocity at 80 or more hes a good pitcher at the high school level. I have never heard of this kid before this year, and I have been a part of a 16th region program for the past 5 years.
Bosox Fan Wrote:A chance? The way I look at it is in order to get respect you have to earn it, Who has Lewis beat that is a quality ball club THIS YEAR? I have not went to any of there games so I have no idea please fill me in.

They beat Ashland. Have they earned any respect yet?
Ashland was not a good ball team last year and based on so far they are not going to be good this year as well. They barley beat Fairview 2-1.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Ashland was not a good ball team last year and based on so far they are not going to be good this year as well. They barley beat Fairview 2-1.

Ashland made the region finals last year and are ranked in most peoples top 6 this year.
lewisfan21 Wrote:Ashland made the region finals last year and are ranked in most peoples top 6 this year.

Give me a break, if you beat Greenup or Boyd then you have beat a baseball team. When you beat a below average team in extra innings you have not done anything.
Bosox Fan Wrote:I do not care if he can throw 100 pitches, if he spots a fastball with velocity at 80 or more hes a good pitcher at the high school level. I have never heard of this kid before this year, and I have been a part of a 16th region program for the past 5 years.

He beat East last year and shut out Fleming last year. He is 0-2 so far this year but has pitched decent. He had 1 rough inning against East and Minford hit well against him but only had 1 earned run.
Bosox Fan Wrote:Give me a break, if you beat Greenup or Boyd then you have beat a baseball team. When you beat a below average team in extra innings you have not done anything.

We'll see how good Lewis is when they play Lawrence.