Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know if Paintsville and JCHS played tonight?
RedSeal Wrote:I am just saying, I think it is odd for everyone to get all excited over a bullpen session.... I do not doubt his velocity. I heard he was hitting upper 80's last year as an 8th grader. But everyone was acting like he was striking out guys left and right.

We all know that speed is a great thing, but there is so much more to be a consistently good pitcher than just that. Is he consistent with the strike zone, does he have more than an 80 something fast ball, does his junk help him or hurt him with walks...just a few questions for any pitcher. Just have to wait and see him on the mound and see how he handle's the pressure, both physically and mentally I think. Can't judge a kid from the pen, those pitches don't count IMO anyways.
OffTheHook Wrote:IMO the Tigers did an excellent job last evening. They started 3 middle schoolers in very important positions and did fine. They started a 7th (Colby Burchett) at 1st and 2 8ths at 2nd & SS (Timmy Sublett & Ethan Daniels). Austin Lyons threw very well for 3 innings. Travis Ison threw 2 good innings and Jake Cyrus and Tyler Lemasters threw 1 good inning each. The Tigers also threw 2 middle schoolers 1 inning each, 8th grader Dustin Vanhoose who only gave up one hit with at least 2 Ks and 8th grader Timmy Sublett who had 4 Ks in one inning. lol...... Also 8th grader Jordan Stewart finished with a hit. 7th grader Brooks Pelphrey also caught 2 good innings. Heck the Tigers even sent 2 6th graders to the plate in with one putting the ball in play.
The Tigers did an excellent job with what they had. And look to have a very bright future for years to come.
IMO not a bad night.
Also something else....even though these two teams are heated rivals. This was one of the most stress free nights that these 2 have ever had. A lot of smiles, jokes and friendly gestures, both ways. And Nick Vance.....could those pants be ANY tighter!!!! LOL! Just kidding you bub, nice job on the mound.

Who is the Sublet kid? Is that Subby's brother? Oh yea I know you didn't mean to and i'm really just giving you a hard time, but how did Sublet get 4 k's in one inning? haha
OMG Wrote:Who is the Sublet kid? Is that Subby's brother? Oh yea I know you didn't mean to and i'm really just giving you a hard time, but how did Sublet get 4 k's in one inning? haha

He is Subby's 2nd cousin. Not a flame thrower. Just locates the ball pretty well. and YES I did mean to....lol. Think about it. I'm not telling you how he did it cause you should know if you just think.
OffTheHook Wrote:He is Subby's 2nd cousin. Not a flame thrower. Just locates the ball pretty well. and YES I did mean to....lol. Think about it. I'm not telling you how he did it cause you should know if you just think.

I'm guessing passed ball on a third strike, or just bad umpires. Which one? I'm guessing the first one?
OMG Wrote:I'm guessing passed ball on a third strike, or just bad umpires. Which one? I'm guessing the first one?

Now you're thinking...lol Ball hit the dirt and the C threw it away at first. Had me worried there for a min OMG....lol
OffTheHook Wrote:Now you're thinking...lol Ball hit the dirt and the C threw it away at first. Had me worried there for a min OMG....lol

Haha I know I had a temporary brain lapse. I apologize for my ignorance I won't let it happen again. haha
OffTheHook Wrote:I hope Mike gets to feeling better. JC needs him to be healthy this year. Who was the other. I just can't think of him off the top of my head.
Tyler Issac
Hard Hitter Wrote:Tyler Issac

That's his name thanks. I couldn't think of it to save my life.
OffTheHook Wrote:IMO the Tigers did an excellent job last evening. They started 3 middle schoolers in very important positions and did fine. They started a 7th (Colby Burchett) at 1st and 2 8ths at 2nd & SS (Timmy Sublett & Ethan Daniels). Austin Lyons threw very well for 3 innings. Travis Ison threw 2 good innings and Jake Cyrus and Tyler Lemasters threw 1 good inning each. The Tigers also threw 2 middle schoolers 1 inning each, 8th grader Dustin Vanhoose who only gave up one hit with at least 2 Ks and 8th grader Timmy Sublett who had 4 Ks in one inning. lol...... Also 8th grader Jordan Stewart finished with a hit. 7th grader Brooks Pelphrey also caught 2 good innings. Heck the Tigers even sent 2 6th graders to the plate in with one putting the ball in play.
The Tigers did an excellent job with what they had. And look to have a very bright future for years to come.
IMO not a bad night.
Also something else....even though these two teams are heated rivals. This was one of the most stress free nights that these 2 have ever had. A lot of smiles, jokes and friendly gestures, both ways. And Nick Vance.....could those pants be ANY tighter!!!! LOL! Just kidding you bub, nice job on the mound.
Sir.....Cyrus threw 2 innings, Ison threw 1.
Big Grin You know you don't want to get mommies started already!
The Guru Wrote:Sir.....Cyrus threw 2 innings, Ison threw 1.
Big Grin You know you don't want to get mommies started already!

Sir you are exactly right. I got them backwards. Sorry I was a little occupied that night and hope I didn't upset any mommies. lol
Cyrus also cranked one to RF that night. It may have been foul, BUT, it has been awhile since I have seen one go out to right.
OffTheHook Wrote:Sir you are exactly right. I got them backwards. Sorry I was a little occupied that night and hope I didn't upset any mommies. lol
Cyrus also cranked one to RF that night. It may have been foul, BUT, it has been awhile since I have seen one go out to right.
5 years I believe. It takes a shot to get it out of RF at Paintsville. Quite a feat though for someone 5' 10 1/2" and 147#!
The Guru Wrote:5 years I believe. It takes a shot to get it out of RF at Paintsville. Quite a feat though for someone 5' 10 1/2" and 147#!

I look forward to seeing Cyrus play this year. 5'10" is not a bad height for a baseball player. A few more pounds and he is definete college pro-type. Baseball is one game where size truly doesn't matter, it plays a part considering your position, but it can be made up for by heart and determination. I hope he has a break-out year this season. The tigers could really benefit from a consistent hitter.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Parker threw bullpen. You are correct. Talk to the skipper about the gun times if you so desire. Those aint my numbers. As you know I never repeat any ones numbers, because they are never anywhere close to being correct. I trust my info on this one however.

Also was told that Austin did look very good too. I failed to mention him. Sorry for that.

For informational purposes, I watched parker throw all of his bullpen work and it looked like he was simply warming up....probably not even 75 no radar was being used on him.....so let's not let this thing spiral out of control....and jchs looked as sluggish as paintsville...not much to be learned from this.....but I agree , I would not automatically give lc anything......
INSIGHT Wrote:For informational purposes, I watched parker throw all of his bullpen work and it looked like he was simply warming up....probably not even 75 no radar was being used on him.....so let's not let this thing spiral out of control....and jchs looked as sluggish as paintsville...not much to be learned from this.....but I agree , I would not automatically give lc anything......

I agree LC will have a couple of teams on their heals all year long.
INSIGHT Wrote:For informational purposes, I watched parker throw all of his bullpen work and it looked like he was simply warming up....probably not even 75 no radar was being used on him.....so let's not let this thing spiral out of control....and jchs looked as sluggish as paintsville...not much to be learned from this.....but I agree , I would not automatically give lc anything......
As I said I was not there. Got the word from the skipper, tell him he's the liar!!!

You know I think the whole point was the fact that this kid has the potential to be a big factor in how the season goes for JC. If he can step up and be able to replace a few of the innings that was lost with graduation JC will be force to be reckoned with. Right now of course I would give the edge to Paintsville, but I would never under any circumstance count JC out of anything. When it's all said and done, somebody will have their hands full with this team come postseason.