Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Top Ten Week Two
Yeah
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Yeah

Is he allowed to do any of their games?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Is he aloud to do any of their games?
Technically, no, but has, I believe. Might as well not be a handbook when it comes to stuff like that anymore, or at least take the "conflict of interest" mess out of the handbook. It happens in every sport now. If I not mistaking, he called 3rd base last year in the Regional tourney between Belfry and JC.
I still cant remember which one is his son. Help, someone, anyone............:confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robert T.... and IF anyone tried to insinuate anything of Mr. Runyon or any other umpire calling a game, please be reminded of the rules of the site.

I know for a fact that sometimes they are scheduled to call games that they ASK to be switched with someone else because of the exact thing that has already been hinted at on here. PLEASE do not go there!!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Kyle5_88 Wrote:He has !!!!!!!!!!!! You're man Fyffe picked up 10 mph between his Jr and Sr year or atleast that is what JC's fans said. He threw hard low 90's. I will say this we have faced 5 teams this year and Dotson and Williamson are the hardest throwers I have seen yet.
Wabbit is right, Dotson threw in the mid to upper 70's last season . There were some folks to see him against JC the other night . Right? If he were throwing in the mid 80's, they would have offered him a scholly. That was not the case.

Fyffe picked up 6 MPH between seasons. He topped out at 84 his junior season, to 90 his senior season. He never threw in the low 90's . He would usually hit 90 on the first couple of pitches of the game and then settle in to work in an 83-88 range , occasionaly hitting 89.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Wabbit is right, Dotson threw in the mid to upper 70's last season .

Fyffe picked up 6 MPH between seasons. He topped out at 84 his junior season, to 90 his senior season. He never threw in the low 90's . He would usually hit 90 on the first couple of pitches of the game and then settle in to work in an 83-88 range , occasionaly hitting 89.

Do you remember last year when they paper had in it that he had hit 94 on his last pitch of the regional finals? I knew that had to be a misprint.
phs1986 Wrote:Robert T.... and IF anyone tried to insinuate anything of Mr. Runyon or any other umpire calling a game, please be reminded of the rules of the site.

I know for a fact that sometimes they are scheduled to call games that they ASK to be switched with someone else because of the exact thing that has already been hinted at on here. PLEASE do not go there!!!!

I don't understand why we can't go there, if he for sure has done a game with his son playing in the game he was umpiring? That seems like a logical discussion to me.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Do you remember last year when they paper had in it that he had hit 94 on his last pitch of the regional finals? I knew that had to be a misprint.

It was said that he hit 93. I cant say that is the truth however.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:It was said that he hit 93. I cant say that is the truth however.

My bad yea it did say 93.
phs1986 Wrote:Robert T.... and IF anyone tried to insinuate anything of Mr. Runyon or any other umpire calling a game, please be reminded of the rules of the site.
I'm going to plead ignorance on this one. What rule would there be a violation of?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I'm going to plead ignorance on this one. What rule would there be a violation of?

I guess it would be the rumor one maybe? IDK really. I think it should be addressed though because he is the best umpire in this region. As sad as that is, he still is, and I would hate to see him actually jeopordize his integrity to umpire these games.

Hinted at? In this thread or another previous one?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Which one of the Runyon's is Pete's son? L. or T. ?
Robert T is pete's son...
Tyler Dotson was clocked against Johnson Central by Pikeville and Virgina Wise at 83 an he never dropped below 80 all night with his fast ball...
If Robert T could ever quit playing mind games with himself an pitch like he does in the bull pin he is one of the best pitchers in the region, with the best curve ball...
Actually we at Belfry never want Pete Runyon to call our games, because in him trying to be unbiased toward us, we always get screwed by him, any close call always goes the other way, an the strike zone disapears for us...
My question for you all is, if Paintsville is so good why did they come with in a hit or 2 of getting beat by Shelbly Valley??? To say Belfry can not play with the top 3 teams in the region is ridiculous... I agree Belfry hasnt proved it yet, but trust me they will be right there come regionals... They are well coached, an have loads of talent... One of the main problems right now is Robert T runyon find his grove pitching, he can look awsome in the bull pin, then once he gets on the mound he forgets who he is an where he is at, figuratively speaking... Once he gets past that, he is going to be hard to hit...
kyr450 Wrote:Robert T is pete's son...
Tyler Dotson was clocked against Johnson Central by Pikeville and Virgina Wise at 83 an he never dropped below 80 all night with his fast ball...
If Robert T could ever quit playing mind games with himself an pitch like he does in the bull pin he is one of the best pitchers in the region, with the best curve ball...

Come on, you can't say he is one of the best in the region by a bullpen he had. I have seen tons of kids who throw great in the bullpen, but then blow up in a game. It's not an accurate depiction of what a kid can do on the mound until you put him in a game type situation.

That's good Tyler is throwing that hard. He must have worked a lot over the summer to get up to that point. That doesn't mean he is one of the best in the region, maybe the top 10, or even the top 7 maybe, but I don't think he is in the top 5 pitchers in the region. I wish him luck, and I wonder if he is getting any looks from any colleges?
bad hop Wrote:I went back and looked at everyones preseasons top ten. How about updates. Here's my. And give some reasons for you picks.
1.Paintsville-lots of talent
2.Lawence Co-Well coached enough talent
3.Johnson Central-region winner-but no field could mean trouble early on.
4.Belphy-Little league winners a few years ago-new field a plus.
5.Pike Central-I picked them as my sleeper team eariler, looks like they are for real.
6.Prestonsburg-really looks like they have a real coach.
7.Pikeville-History alone puts them this high.
8.Allen Central-Injuries will keep them down early.
9.Sheldon Clark-Coaching will have them higher by mid season.
10.Phelps- I like their young pitcher-stilner.

i think that sc should be ranked higher that 9th because they have beat pikeville and pike central by a lot of runs. good luck sc
cardsplayer15 Wrote:i think that sc should be ranked higher that 9th because they have beat pikeville and pike central by a lot of runs. good luck sc

I agree I think 4 out of the first 6 should be from the 57th district.
The 57th will definitely be well represented in May.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Come on, you can't say he is one of the best in the region by a bullpen he had. I have seen tons of kids who throw great in the bullpen, but then blow up in a game. It's not an accurate depiction of what a kid can do on the mound until you put him in a game type situation.

That's good Tyler is throwing that hard. He must have worked a lot over the summer to get up to that point. That doesn't mean he is one of the best in the region, maybe the top 10, or even the top 7 maybe, but I don't think he is in the top 5 pitchers in the region. I wish him luck, and I wonder if he is getting any looks from any colleges?
Robert T. does have as much pure talent as anybody, its just a matter of him developing it.
Dotson did throw what was stated on the guns, I saw it with my eyes. But the thing is Dotson had back problems and wasn't a very solid pticher last season, and seems to be back this year. If his back holds up he is a great pitcher.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Robert T. does have as much pure talent as anybody, its just a matter of him developing it.
Dotson did throw what was stated on the guns, I saw it with my eyes. But the thing is Dotson had back problems and wasn't a very solid pticher last season, and seems to be back this year. If his back holds up he is a great pitcher.

It just seems like Belfry is relying on too many "ifs" this season. I hope they are all healthy. I am interested to see what they can do when they start playing the big boys. I think Hazard will be a good test for them on april 11th. Then on April 19th they go to Lawrence County. Biggest test of the whole season IMO. The Ashland double header on April 26th will be a close one as well. After that they will end the regular season with JC again on the 15th of May, and it will be interesting to see how much JC will improve from now til then. Good luck Pirates I hope your arms hold up.