Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co 1 - Johnson Central 0
kdrn Wrote:Conley pitched a great game but sorry he is not top 3. LC has 3 better than him. JC defense stepped up and Hall has done a good job. Pete had a high strike zone all nite, he is a pitchers ump. Jordan Miller's clutch homerun in the 6th or they may still be playing.

Which one of them has won a sectional game, been to Applebys twice?
bbaseball08 Wrote:congrats LC...especially with "The Bowtie Bandit" Pete Runyon behind the plate.
haha.

Bowtie gave Shepherd a much better strike zone than Conley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike Conley must have pitched the game of his life for Central to be that close..Isn't LC ranked #12 in the state? Mhmm, well this shows JC can compete with more teams than what everyone expected.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Nope!!!

Pitcher's ump??? Gee, Pete Runyon may in fact be considered the pitcher's worst friend when it comes to making calls behind the plate. His strike zone is usually shrunk down to the size of a matchbox. He is a great friend to batters though.

I can't help but notice that kdrn thought that Pete was deep and wide and you think that he was tight...it reminds me of the quote, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". And, also why that on every bang-bang play, 50% of the fans think that you're a bum and 50% of the fans say that you're great. The moral of the story is ..."take everything you read about umpires on here with a grain of salt". Smile
KHSAA Blue Wrote:I can't help but notice that kdrn thought that Pete was deep and wide and you think that he was tight...it reminds me of the quote, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". And, also why that on every bang-bang play, 50% of the fans think that you're a bum and 50% of the fans say that you're great. The moral of the story is ..."take everything you read about umpires on here with a grain of salt". Smile
Kimball said Pete's stroke zone is usually tight. I doubt if he was there. And I would have to agree that usually Pete is a hitter's friend. He is at least, usually one of the more consistant umps in the region. And he works hard on his trade.
KHSAA Blue Wrote:I can't help but notice that kdrn thought that Pete was deep and wide and you think that he was tight...it reminds me of the quote, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". And, also why that on every bang-bang play, 50% of the fans think that you're a bum and 50% of the fans say that you're great. The moral of the story is ..."take everything you read about umpires on here with a grain of salt". Smile

Funny you should say that "Blue." Haha I am just kidding.Big Grin
The Guru Wrote:Kimball said Pete's stroke zone is usually tight. I doubt if he was there. And I would have to agree that usually Pete is a hitter's friend. He is at least, usually one of the more consistant umps in the region. And he works hard on his trade.

I can vouch for both of those statements from personal experience. Don't let the bow tie fool you... Big Grin
Well, he must have frozen his "bowtie" off when we played Pike Central the other night... nary a "bowtie" was seen....

As for his strike zone... he is a batter's friend.... and that's consistant....

As for the Morgan/LC game... I had heard this one could go Morgan's way... but you know... that's why they play... it's high school baseball... anybody can put together a win....

And if you're gonna go to it twice,(and brag about it) it's spelled... Applebee's...Wink
:thumpsup: Good Luck to all teams today!
Congrats Dawgs!

Good game Eagles!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Congrats Dawgs!

Good game Eagles!

LC couldnt hit a beach ball in this game, but how can you say good game eagles when they got shut out by a freshman. More like good game Conley, he pitched a good game. :Thumbs:
right now the 57th is a toss-up beetween JC,Paintsville,and Lawrence Co.
How can JC even be mentioned, when they didnt score a run in back to back games??:confused:
Money Maker Wrote:How can JC even be mentioned, when they didnt score a run in back to back games??:confused:

Holding LC to 1 run is pretty good
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Holding LC to 1 run is pretty good

Holding a very good LC team to 1 run is good but I heard that they left runners stranded all night long. But like I said, Jc has to start hitting the ball before they can do anything with the good teams like lc, paintsville, etc.
Money Maker Wrote:Holding a very good LC team to 1 run is good but I heard that they left runners stranded all night long. But like I said, Jc has to start hitting the ball before they can do anything with the good teams like lc, paintsville, etc.

And ur right but I noticed something when they came and played us we threw Grimm We also shut them out Grimm throws a Mid-80's fastball. Shepard also throws Mid-80's. They have trouble scoring against the Hard thrown ball.
I believe that is stating the obvious, BUT it isn't because they throw hard, its because they know how to PITCH. There is a tremendous difference in throwing the ball hard and pitching. If you throw mid 90s every pitch any team can hit you, but when you can keep them guessing with the offspeed, that is when you can do what Chandler and Grimm do.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I believe that is stating the obvious, BUT it isn't because they throw hard, its because they know how to PITCH. There is a tremendous difference in throwing the ball hard and pitching. If you throw mid 90s every pitch any team can hit you, but when you can keep them guessing with the offspeed, that is when you can do what Chandler and Grimm do.

Your right on that. But the first couple batters will hit it, but when it gets down to the 6-9 hitters thats when ur sapost to get the for sure outs. Thats why i think they have trouble scoring. Especially on a decent defence