Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan County 2 Lawrence County 1
Big Dawg Wrote:Let me start this fresh.

You asked if anyone knew why Coach didn't start his regulars.

I answered that I figured he was the only one that knew the answer to that. You then said you thought I knew why.

I stated that no I did not.

Why does everything initiate a big deal with you??
In your opinion, are there any internal problems that exist that would have initiated coach not playing the players he normally plays? Just a hypothetical question.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Didn't say that you said that, but someone else did, and it really hurt because I thought we were buddies.

No, probably not, because I have never run anything about LC down. I just am able to correct some of the infalacies that get posted to the best of my knowedge. I think that's all I've ever done. And that is the part that really gets to some of you guys. Like I said, there is a lot of lessons that can be learned from some of your programs predecesors about how to accept and deal with success.

"best of your knowledge".

Thats what we all do as well-state things to the "best of our knowledge". We all know you are very information packed and that is great.

Frankly and with all due respect to our predecessors, we as fans are fine with our support of our team and our ability to deal with success and failure. Noone could be more proud of our boys than we are and we stand with them through it all-good and bad.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:In your opinion, are there any internal problems that exist that would have initiated coach not playing the players he normally plays? Just a hypothetical question.

Not to my knowledge. It appears everything is great. To be honest with you, I didn't go to Morgan last night but have been well informed by other fans that at least 2 starters did not start and others were pulled early. And the question still remains why???
Big Dawg Wrote:"best of your knowledge".

Thats what we all do as well-state things to the "best of our knowledge". We all know you are very information packed and that is great.

Frankly and with all due respect to our predecessors, we as fans are fine with our support of our team and our ability to deal with success and failure. Noone could be more proud of our boys than we are and we stand with them through it all-good and bad.
Oh, no one will ever be able to accuse any of you with not being supportive.Smile
Big Dawg Wrote:Not to my knowledge. It appears everything is great. To be honest with you, I didn't go to Morgan last night but have been well informed by other fans that at least 2 starters did not start and others were pulled early. And the question still remains why???
I guess I'm with you, it seems odd that a Hall of Fame coach would do something like that for no apparent reason then, doesn't it?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I guess I'm with you, it seems odd that a Hall of Fame coach would do something like that for no reason then doesn't it?

Maybe he thought it would be a cake walk since they had defeated Morgan earlier? Its one of those questions that won't ever be answered I'm afraid.
Big Dawg Wrote:Maybe he thought it would be a cake walk since they had defeated Morgan earlier?
Yeah, I would say that was the thinking. That's probably how he got those 500 wins. Those Hall of Fame type coaches commonly take their opponents for granted. It's one of their glaring flaws.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yeah, I would say that was the thinking. That's probably how he got those 500 wins. Those Hall of Fame type coaches commonly take their opponents for granted. It's one of their glaring flaws.

I certainly hope it wasn't the thinking!!!
I'm not in a position to say anything about flaws but it is baseball and noone can be taken for granted ever. Its anybody's game on any given day.
Big Dawg Wrote:I certainly hope it wasn't the thinking!!!
I'm not in a position to say anything about flaws but it is baseball and noone can be taken for granted ever. Its anybody's game on any given day.
That's very true. Thanks for the discussion.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:That's very true. Thanks for the discussion.

You got it!
Congrats to Morgan County!! Good win!

Kimball, Batpuff, Big Dawg, calm down and get over it or go to PM!! No one wants to hear about your misunderstandings. This thread is about Morgan Co. beating LC and if a third of the posts relate to that we'd be lucky!

Again, congrats to Morgan! Good luck to Lawrence Co., they are still the team to beat, but they are beatable!
I personally couldn't be any calmer???
Big Dawg Wrote:I personally couldn't be any calmer???
:thumpsup:

That's the way that I see it myself.
Mr.Kimball Wrote::thumpsup:

That's the way that I see it myself.

Well for one time I have to agree with you.Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Well for one time I have to agree with you.Big Grin

Good to see that we are pals again.
These threads crack me up! Everybody likes to see a winner go down so that's why some gloat. There are folks that can't handle success but there are also those out there who love to push buttons.
I played for LC growing up and was around for a lot of the glory days in football + baseball. I've said for years that as good as our football has been our baseball has flown under the radar for the most part. It's almost always solid.
The fact is that we are fortunate that we have Johnson Central, Lawrence Co + Paintsville in the same District. All three have GREAT programs and a lot to be proud of. When I played it was Boyd Co, Ashland + Lawrence. Same deal... it was great having those 3 with solid teams every year!
The same bickering over and over gets old. The thread calling Sheppard overrated was where the line should have been drawn. You have to laugh at people arguing if he hit 90 mph or 88Smile He is a Freshman in High School + there are adults on here running their yap about him! Find me an 8th grader that has won the District MVP or pitched in the Regional Championship. How about one that beat Ryle+Shelby Co last year or a Freshman that has beaten a team like Trinity. Instead of cutting on a kid why don't you support him because he is great for Eastern KY baseball! (more importantly he is a GREAT kid that works his tail off) I really hope none of our fans go out and bash Conley or Grimm. I'm glad we have the Conley's, Grimm's + Sheppard's in our District. I'm glad there are several teams that are good enough to make the tourny interesting. LC is the favorite this year but any of the 3 teams can win it. There have been upsets in the past and there will be until they quit playing the game. All the teams have a lot to be proud of. They have a rich tradition, nice facilities, nice fan bases etc. Why dirty things up by getting on this message board and causing trouble?
LC has so much to be proud of this year and in years past. I think this loss is a good thing because it's easy to get complacent. Hopefully this will stir the hunger before a big stretch of games. JC has a lot to be proud of they are doing nice things with their facilities and have put together some nice teams of late. Pooh has really done a good job there. (I've even got some ties there). I grew up watching Tucker Howard smash balls over the fence and I was thrilled to see him get the job when Coach Adkins left. Paintsville is very rich in tradition too.
Why not let the kids play and enjoy the game while they represent their schools? It's still a game and the kids all work hard + dedicate themselves for their schools + communities. I agee if you want to PM to cause trouble then have at it but think about it before you post on here knocking other programs. The kids really don't deserve it. I've lived in different parts of the state and we are blessed to have the kids we have. It would be nice to see more support for the kids in our area and their efforts instead of looking for ways to attack them.
Congrats to Morgan Co on a huge upset. That is big for their program. For the Dawgs I hope they live and learn from this one. I don't know anybody in Louisa that isn't proud of this group and I hope they reflect on the loss, learn from it and move on with a hunger that they have never had before. Sometimes a loss like this brings a team together stronger than ever. I hope that is the case with this one.
WOW!!! Very well said Bulldog42!!!!
Bulldog 42, my hat is off to you. That was a great post!! Congratulations to Morgan Co. on the win. Bulldogs, get your heads up and get ready for the next game!
bulldog42 Wrote:These threads crack me up! Everybody likes to see a winner go down so that's why some gloat. There are folks that can't handle success but there are also those out there who love to push buttons.
I played for LC growing up and was around for a lot of the glory days in football + baseball. I've said for years that as good as our football has been our baseball has flown under the radar for the most part. It's almost always solid.
The fact is that we are fortunate that we have Johnson Central, Lawrence Co + Paintsville in the same District. All three have GREAT programs and a lot to be proud of. When I played it was Boyd Co, Ashland + Lawrence. Same deal... it was great having those 3 with solid teams every year!
The same bickering over and over gets old. The thread calling Sheppard overrated was where the line should have been drawn. You have to laugh at people arguing if he hit 90 mph or 88Smile He is a Freshman in High School + there are adults on here running their yap about him! Find me an 8th grader that has won the District MVP or pitched in the Regional Championship. How about one that beat Ryle+Shelby Co last year or a Freshman that has beaten a team like Trinity. Instead of cutting on a kid why don't you support him because he is great for Eastern KY baseball! (more importantly he is a GREAT kid that works his tail off) I really hope none of our fans go out and bash Conley or Grimm. I'm glad we have the Conley's, Grimm's + Sheppard's in our District. I'm glad there are several teams that are good enough to make the tourny interesting. LC is the favorite this year but any of the 3 teams can win it. There have been upsets in the past and there will be until they quit playing the game. All the teams have a lot to be proud of. They have a rich tradition, nice facilities, nice fan bases etc. Why dirty things up by getting on this message board and causing trouble?
LC has so much to be proud of this year and in years past. I think this loss is a good thing because it's easy to get complacent. Hopefully this will stir the hunger before a big stretch of games. JC has a lot to be proud of they are doing nice things with their facilities and have put together some nice teams of late. Pooh has really done a good job there. (I've even got some ties there). I grew up watching Tucker Howard smash balls over the fence and I was thrilled to see him get the job when Coach Adkins left. Paintsville is very rich in tradition too.
Why not let the kids play and enjoy the game while they represent their schools? It's still a game and the kids all work hard + dedicate themselves for their schools + communities. I agee if you want to PM to cause trouble then have at it but think about it before you post on here knocking other programs. The kids really don't deserve it. I've lived in different parts of the state and we are blessed to have the kids we have. It would be nice to see more support for the kids in our area and their efforts instead of looking for ways to attack them.
Congrats to Morgan Co on a huge upset. That is big for their program. For the Dawgs I hope they live and learn from this one. I don't know anybody in Louisa that isn't proud of this group and I hope they reflect on the loss, learn from it and move on with a hunger that they have never had before. Sometimes a loss like this brings a team together stronger than ever. I hope that is the case with this one.
Couldn't agree more. KUDOS!!!!!!!!
Good win but I'm pretty sure that Lawrence is by far the better team!! Wink
Anything can happen.
Big Dawg Wrote:Maybe he thought it would be a cake walk since they had defeated Morgan earlier? Its one of those questions that won't ever be answered I'm afraid.

I woudnt bence my players untill we get atlest a 6-7 runs on the board. ts one of those questions that won't ever be answered