Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence-2 Paintsville-1
Batpuff Wrote:Nope only one starter sat and that was Laney.
For what reason? And what pos. does he play?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think the Paintsville lineup is very solid. Granted there are holes in the lineup but there are holes in everyone's lineup. You can't expect 1 through 9 to hit .300 to .400 on the season. In high school baseball, or college that just doesn't happen. Paintsville will be hard to deal with late in the year.

Nor would you expect that "solid lineup" to have batters that consistently hit below the .200 range, while others who sit on the bench have higher batting averages and are never utilized.

My biggest fear is that if the hitting and error situation doesn't improve, there will be no "late in the year" for Paintsville.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, I wouldn't say dominated.
Here are Shep's stats: 7 inns, 6 Ks, 3 BBs, 4 Hits (1 Dbl), 1 HBP and 1 earned run. If the Tigers get their bunt down in the 4th, the one that Cyrus hits and Michaels makes a nice play on falls for a single and scores 2, Cause if the bunt goes down, Michaels would have been playing in on the grass with runners on 2nd and 3rd, instead of back in the infield. But, it didn't and Michaels made a nice snag.

Paintsville put him in play all evening long. IMO, Paintsville beat themselves. The 5th inn. killed the Tigers. Michaels reaches and goes to 2nd on a throwing error. Then scores on a bloop single to right after bunted to 3rd.

Grimm pitched a heck of a game: 6 inns, 7 Ks, 0 BBs, 3 Hits (1 Trp, Humphrey made an awesome play on but hit the fence right were the pole was and was shook up and jared the ball loose.), 1 HBP and 1 earned run.

IMO these two teams are very evenly matched and it will be a battle evry time they play. Congrats LC. Keep your heads up Tigers you WILL get you shot at them again.

Great game to watch.

There's not alot that amazes me but all these excuses and all these ifs and buts amaze me.. Smile You can't even bring your self to congratulate a team on a nice earned Victory?? But oh well.. Like I said Sheppard pretty much dominated this hard fought game.. and Since I have a little class, I will also congratulate Grimm and a good pitched game as well. That's another game to put in the W column dawgs, so all I have to say is "NEXT"!!! Wink
Money Maker Wrote:There's not alot that amazes me but all these excuses and all these ifs and buts amaze me.. Smile You can't even bring your self to congratulate a team on a nice earned Victory?? But oh well.. Like I said Sheppard pretty much dominated this hard fought game.. and Since I have a little class, I will also congratulate Grimm and a good pitched game as well. That's another game to put in the W column dawgs, so all I have to say is "NEXT"!!! Wink
Im just kidding when I say this , so dont get all bent out of shape, but is that the same thing that you told, Morgan County, Daviess Co., and Holy Cross?Smile
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Im just kidding when I say this , so dont get all bent out of shape, but is that the same thing that you told, Morgan County, Daviess Co., and Holy Cross?Smile

Smile Nahh I like your sense of humor, actually it's kinda cute. But I can say that to Paintsville because well the score speaks for itself. Big Grin So NEXT!!!!
Money Maker Wrote:There's not alot that amazes me but all these excuses and all these ifs and buts amaze me.. Smile You can't even bring your self to congratulate a team on a nice earned Victory?? But oh well.. Like I said Sheppard pretty much dominated this hard fought game.. and Since I have a little class, I will also congratulate Grimm and a good pitched game as well. That's another game to put in the W column dawgs, so all I have to say is "NEXT"!!! Wink

Mr.Kimball Wrote:Im just kidding when I say this , so dont get all bent out of shape, but is that the same thing that you told, Morgan County, Daviess Co., and Holy Cross?Smile

"Money Maker" please give it a rest. All they have been talking about is the in-house problems they are experiencing. I didn't hear any real excuses about why they lost.

"Kimball"!!! LC will never live down the Morgan County game huh? haha
Gatortater Wrote:Nor would you expect that "solid lineup" to have batters that consistently hit below the .200 range, while others who sit on the bench have higher batting averages and are never utilized.

My biggest fear is that if the hitting and error situation doesn't improve, there will be no "late in the year" for Paintsville.

Well I will agree with you on that. If there are better hitters sitting on the bench and not playing then something needs to happen. It is hard for me to fathum how a coach can play kids who do not contribute. Is there some other reason maybe the are not playing, or is it just a case of politics taking over a program?
Money Maker Wrote:Smile Nahh I like your sense of humor, actually it's kinda cute. But I can say that to Paintsville because well the score speaks for itself. Big Grin So NEXT!!!!

Hey, my newest bestest buddy.Smile
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:"Money Maker" please give it a rest. All they have been talking about is the in-house problems they are experiencing. I didn't hear any real excuses about why they lost.

Big Grin
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:"Money Maker" please give it a rest. All they have been talking about is the in-house problems they are experiencing. I didn't hear any real excuses about why they lost.

That game didnt mean anything ... I know LC are pretty dang good but everyone gets beat.. Paintsville got their rear ends handed to them by a freshman.. Paintsville, to be the best, you have to beat the best and as of now I'm pretty sure LC is the best in the region.. Confusedhh:
Money Maker Wrote:That game didnt mean anything ... I know LC are pretty dang good but everyone gets beat.. Paintsville got their rear ends handed to them by a freshman.. Paintsville, to be the best, you have to beat the best and as of now I'm pretty sure LC is the best in the region.. Confusedhh:

Apparently you didn't see or cannot accurately descirbe this game because this freshman was not that dominate. the ball was in play all night with several stranded runners.....paintsville beat themselves with errors and poor performances in the same spots and that's not an excuse but this should have been a 1-0 game ...

but congrats to lc great ball club. with a lot of talent...this should set up a good rematch in a couple of weeks.
INSIGHT Wrote:Apparently you didn't see or cannot accurately descirbe this game because this freshman was not that dominate. the ball was in play all night with several stranded runners.....paintsville beat themselves with errors and poor performances in the same spots and that's not an excuse but this should have been a 1-0 game ...

but congrats to lc great ball club. with a lot of talent...this should set up a good rematch in a couple of weeks.

ACCEPT THAT PAINTSVILLE LOST AND THEY GOT DOMINATED BY A FRESHMAN. PAINTSVILLE ACE THAT IS A SENIOR COULDN'T DO ANYTHING WITH THE BEST TEAM IN THE REGION, Maybe the state.. Wink I have suggestion for you, go take a look at the state rankings and come back and try to make a ligiminate arguement.. until then keep making your pathetic excuses.. Big Grin lets end this here with that said and if you have anything else to say, leave me a PM
Money Maker Wrote:ACCEPT THAT PAINTSVILLE LOST AND THEY GOT DOMINATED BY A FRESHMAN. PAINTSVILLE ACE THAT IS A SENIOR COULDN'T DO ANYTHING WITH THE BEST TEAM IN THE REGION, Maybe the state.. Wink I have suggestion for you, go take a look at the state rankings and come back and try to make a ligiminate arguement.. until then keep making your pathetic excuses.. Big Grin lets end this here with that said and if you have anything else to say, leave me a PM

no need for a pm and no excuses were made for paintsville but there were no earned runs for lc either so I would say that lc did not dominate grimm....state rankings don't hold water ....and I don't have an arguement only stating the game facts ,not boasting hyped up statements of a 2-1 game...so pal you can end this wherever you wish.
INSIGHT Wrote:no need for a pm and no excuses were made for paintsville but there were no earned runs for lc either so I would say that lc did not dominate grimm....state rankings don't hold water ....and I don't have an arguement only stating the game facts ,not boasting hyped up statements of a 2-1 game...so pal you can end this wherever you wish.

Still making excuses.. you amaze me more and more as this goes on..Smile Compare records and rankings.. Game facts?? the only fact i want to make is the score that is 2-1.. and Pal, I can go on and on with you about this and make you look as dumb as you would like me 2.. but I'm going to show something you will never have.. "Class" and not argue with you.. so let's get this thing back on topic and talk about the game..:thumpsup:
Money Maker Wrote:Still making excuses.. you amaze me more and more as this goes on..Smile Compare records and rankings.. Game facts?? the only fact i want to make is the score that is 2-1.. and Pal, I can go on and on with you about this and make you look as dumb as you would like me 2.. but I'm going to show something you will never have.. "Class" and not argue with you.. so let's get this thing back on topic and talk about the game..:thumpsup:

Again no excuses were offered . and this is on topic...
Glad you see it my way.. keep it up dawgs and prove all the doubters wrong and prove to everyone that your the best:flame:
Both of you grow up. Its just a game..... LC won doesnt matter if it was by 38 or 1 or if they were unearned or earned.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Show some sportsmanship guys... just be happy that both teams have as much talent as they do.

You know what? Why don't you quit trying to be a smart *** and read the post I made. I mentioned that the bunt didn't go down and I said Michaels made a "nice" grab and YES I DID give a Congrats to LC. 4th paraghraph 2nd sentence. LC has a nice team and so do the Tigers.

And I didn't put LC down in ANY way. All I did was give a scenario.

The only thing I said about Shep was that IMO he didn't dominate. The kid is talented.

You just quote and said a bunch of stuff that didn't even exsist. So PLEASE stop trying to stir the pot when there is nothing there. Cause there is one thing I would NEVER do on this site and that is put down ANY kid. Rolleyes
Congrats Lawrence
Game over!! Why is everything an argument?
congrats LC.
The tourny is going to be a good one. All the teams are playing solid ball and I don't think there is a huge gap between them. LC is getting it done when they have too and that's what good teams do. Grimm+Shep both threw strikes and pitched solid games. They are two of if not the 2 best in the Region for a reason. Congrats to both teams on a well played game. Congrats to the Dawgs on putting themselves in the drivers seat for the seedings.
On a side not 1 fan on here might make a whole county look bad but most of LC's fans are used to winning and have class. Every programs has somebody that makes them look bad on here or in public. We're no different.