Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seniors That Will Be Playing Baseball Next Year
allsportsfan Wrote:If my kid should ever be offered a scholarship, whether NAIA or D1, that would be great to me. Many sit on a bench for years and never see play time or very little play time at a D1 school. I'd be just as happy if they were actually getting to play the game they love at a NAIA school and getting their education paid for. A pat on your own back saying "Look at me..I play for a D1 school" doesn't always mean much.
To all the guys who are playing post-secondary, WHERE EVER IT IS, I congratulate you all!

Very Classy allsportsfan i agree with you 100%
Which seniors are going to Pikeville?
Shaw and Dermon from Lewis County will be playing for Berea. They should both see quite a bit of playing time. I think Shaw will also pitch for them. Lykins, who batted .556 this year, will be playing for Shawnee State. Mason Meredith from Mercer will be pitching for Centre.
WannaBeaBalla Wrote:Shaw and Dermon from Lewis County will be playing for Berea. They should both see quite a bit of playing time. I think Shaw will also pitch for them. Lykins, who batted .556 this year, will be playing for Shawnee State. Mason Meredith from Mercer will be pitching for Centre.

Good luck to the LC boys.
JD McCoy signed to Bluefeild college. Let me tell u somthing abou this kid he has a love for the game, and just loves to play baseball. I just got done playing a legion tournament with him great kid. He blocks the ball well behind the plate. But most of all he goes out there and works hard.
Scott little will be accepting a full scholarship to attend JOHN A. LOGAN junior college in southern Illinois. Scott had several offers after attending the Tenn Smokies showcase this past weekend.
bad hop Wrote:Scott little will be accepting a full scholarship to attend JOHN A. LOGAN junior college in southern Illinois. Scott had several offers after attending the Tenn Smokies showcase this past weekend.

Congratulations to Scott. John A. Logan is one of the better JUCO's in the country, as they play in probably the toughest and most competetive JUCO conference in America. Hope he continues to do well in his rehab work and has a great career. Scott had to endure a pretty bad bump in the road the last year or so, but the bottom line is that good things happen to good people. Again, Best Wishes.
Way to go Scotty.....I am so glad that you will be able to continue your rehab and play some baseball. You and Shane Grimm did good by going Junior College....the both of you have a great future, just keep up the hard work. :Clap:
Congrats to all that are going.. Jacob Scalf from KCHS is goin to Georgetown College.
bad hop Wrote:Scott little will be accepting a full scholarship to attend JOHN A. LOGAN junior college in southern Illinois. Scott had several offers after attending the Tenn Smokies showcase this past weekend.

Congrats Scott!! Glad to see another Rebel playing at the next level.
Devon Pelfrey should have alot of success at Lindsey Wilson.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:JD McCoy signed to Bluefield college. Let me tell u somthing about this kid he has a love for the game, and just loves to play baseball. I just got done playing a legion tournament with him great kid. He blocks the ball well behind the plate. But most of all he goes out there and works hard.

I was told he signed as a manager, not player
If...Then Wrote:I was told he signed as a manager, not player

He told me he was playin.
If...Then Wrote:I was told he signed as a manager, not player

hahaha no he is playing...
add some athletic ability with his love for the game, and you got a player
hopefully bluefield can bring out the athlete in him and get his hitting a little better!
I heard a rumor that Lykins isnt going to Shawnee anymore. Is this true?
J Lykins was never a member of the Shawnee baseball team
uktailgaiter Wrote:I heard a rumor that Lykins isnt going to Shawnee anymore. Is this true?
Are we listing from the 2007-2008 season or 2008-2009 season?
360ft from home Wrote:Devon Pelfrey should have alot of success at Lindsey Wilson.

Because Devin Pelfrey was a senior last year, also Josh Napier is Playing ball at Lindsey Wilson w/ Pelfrey. Napier is from Estill
360ft from home Wrote:Devon Pelfrey should have alot of success at Lindsey Wilson.

Because Devin Pelfrey was a senior last year, also Josh Napier is Playing ball at Lindsey Wilson w/ Pelfrey. Napier is from Estill
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea and I guess that is why PC mercied Alice Loyd last season? Experience mean nothing unless you use it.
i played on that eagles team last year, one thing you have to understand is that we was startin 7 freshman last season
LUMBERJACK'06 Wrote:i played on that eagles team last year, one thing you have to understand is that we was startin 7 freshman last season

well that goes both ways too, and not too mention this year PC was without 17 players from last years team and 8 starters this fall whenever they played the Eagles and they still found a way too beat them 1 out of 2. I don't mean to knock Alice Loyd, but because of their geographical location among other things it is hard for them to get in recruits. With the way the city of Pikeville is growing I really look for them to grow over the next couple of years, and I hope alice Loyd does the same. I support all local schools like these two.
LC has a few seniors this year that would like to play in college. I'm not sure if they are going to yet, but they are all at the level to.
LCthug Wrote:LC has a few seniors this year that would like to play in college. I'm not sure if they are going to yet, but they are all at the level to.

Who are the seniors? Nick Hackney was the only starter from last year coming back that was going to be a senior, and i don't even think he has ambitions to play college ball.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Who are the seniors? Nick Hackney was the only starter from last year coming back that was going to be a senior, and i don't even think he has ambitions to play college ball.

I am sure Nick would love to play some college ball. But also Steve Hunt will be returning this year, he also would like to play.
LCthug Wrote:I am sure Nick would love to play some college ball. But also Steve Hunt will be returning this year, he also would like to play.

Steve Hunt is not on the team anymore, Nick should be the only senior, but regardless I don't think either of these two have the ability to play college anywhere...
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Steve Hunt is not on the team anymore, Nick should be the only senior, but regardless I don't think either of these two have the ability to play college anywhere...

How would you know that? Hunt was on state runner up team. And as far as Hackney's ability or what he wants to do, do you have a crystal ball ?
kdrn Wrote:How would you know that? Hunt was on state runner up team. And as far as Hackney's ability or what he wants to do, do you have a crystal ball ?

I won't get into how I know, but trust me I do, and no Hackney does not have the all around ability to play anywhere. He could play the outfield for a couple of teams, but if it was just about defense a lot of people would go to college, but unfortunately you still have to hit, and that is his downfall. Not too mention the only time hunt got in the entire year last year was an occasional courtesy runner, and that was it. He was told a couple of weeks ago not to bother coming out this year because he wouldn't play, and if he was truthful about the situation that is exactly what he would tell you...
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I won't get into how I know, but trust me I do, and no Hackney does not have the all around ability to play anywhere. He could play the outfield for a couple of teams, but if it was just about defense a lot of people would go to college, but unfortunately you still have to hit, and that is his downfall. Not too mention the only time hunt got in the entire year last year was an occasional courtesy runner, and that was it. He was told a couple of weeks ago not to bother coming out this year because he wouldn't play, and if he was truthful about the situation that is exactly what he would tell you...
I hope it was his parents that told him that and only if it was for a great reason. Anyone else and that would be disgraceful.
I have told many times of a kid from Paintsville that loved to play football and was a wide rediever but in his first three years in high school, he couldn't catch a football if his life depended on it, you could have made an entire blooper movie of dropped balls hitting him in the face, chest, hands and everywhere else that left you thinking "how could you not catch that"? But suddenly his Sr. year came and it was like he couldn't keep from catching everything even if he was blindfolded. He made amazing catch after amazing catch all year and wound up going to G'town on a football scholly.
I agree with you Guru. JRS dont know beans about it. Fact is Hack hit as good as any early on, but got less and less chances and still ended up contributing more than leftfielder and 2nd baseman. His D was as good as any in the region. Hunt is better than the freshman and most sophs they have to choose from.
kdrn Wrote:I agree with you Guru. JRS dont know beans about it. Fact is Hack hit as good as any early on, but got less and less chances and still ended up contributing more than leftfielder and 2nd baseman. His D was as good as any in the region. Hunt is better than the freshman and most sophs they have to choose from.

2nd baseman?? So you are telling me that he contributed more than Chandler Shepherd? haha!!Nick Hackney is a good outfielder and that is where it stands right now, but if he starts working in the weightroom and puts a lot of time in the cage he maybe could contribute a lot with his bat, but as of right now, he would be a #9 hitter or possibly get DH'ed for like last season. Guru wasn't saying I didn't know what I was talking about he was saying that he hoped his parents told him he wasn't going to play instead of a coach, I think.