Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seniors That Will Be Playing Baseball Next Year
The Guru Wrote:I hope it was his parents that told him that and only if it was for a great reason. Anyone else and that would be disgraceful.
I have told many times of a kid from Paintsville that loved to play football and was a wide rediever but in his first three years in high school, he couldn't catch a football if his life depended on it, you could have made an entire blooper movie of dropped balls hitting him in the face, chest, hands and everywhere else that left you thinking "how could you not catch that"? But suddenly his Sr. year came and it was like he couldn't keep from catching everything even if he was blindfolded. He made amazing catch after amazing catch all year and wound up going to G'town on a football scholly.

I won't really get into it on here but if you want to PM me I will tell you what happened. That is a good story, and I know of many instances where that has happened. It has a lot to do with how coachable a kid is. If you have a stubborn kid that won't accept help with their game then they probably won't get any better from their freshman year to their senior year, but if you have somebody who shows up early and leaves late everyday then it is very possible of someone to progress like that.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Steve Hunt is not on the team anymore, Nick should be the only senior, but regardless I don't think either of these two have the ability to play college anywhere...

Ok, I go to school with Steve. He is playing baseball this year. He was removed from a seventh period sports class at the high school, so everyone is saying that he was kicked off the team. He isn't kicked off!! He's just out of that class.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I won't get into how I know, but trust me I do, and no Hackney does not have the all around ability to play anywhere. He could play the outfield for a couple of teams, but if it was just about defense a lot of people would go to college, but unfortunately you still have to hit, and that is his downfall. Not too mention the only time hunt got in the entire year last year was an occasional courtesy runner, and that was it. He was told a couple of weeks ago not to bother coming out this year because he wouldn't play, and if he was truthful about the situation that is exactly what he would tell you...

your right i dont play anymore.... but shane james is a lc senior hes good. but nick will be the center fielder and has more varsity time.... if he can get his mindset right he will be a good college ball player
LCthug Wrote:Ok, I go to school with Steve. He is playing baseball this year. He was removed from a seventh period sports class at the high school, so everyone is saying that he was kicked off the team. He isn't kicked off!! He's just out of that class.

Wow! Do you believe me now, or are you still going to argue with me and think you know everything?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Wow!* Do you believe me now, or are you still going to argue with me and think you know everything?
First of all, I haven't been arguing with you. And second, what are you talking about???
steve.hunt.13 Wrote:your right i dont play anymore.... but shane james is a lc senior hes good. but nick will be the center fielder and has more varsity time.... if he can get his mindset right he will be a good college ball player

LCthug Wrote:First of all, I haven't been arguing with you. And second, what are you talking about???

This is what I am talking about, you have been arguing with me saying that he was still on the team and you kept on like I didn't have a clue what I was talking about, but turns out it's the other way around....