Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region 2009
CleanupMan Wrote:Greenup has atleast two legit starter, number 3-5 will be a tossup.:moon:

Actually Greenup has four legit starters in Greenslate, Martin, James, and Hardin. All of which can go out to the mound and dominate if their stuff is working.
gcbaseball1 Wrote:Actually Greenup has four legit starters in Greenslate, Martin, James, and Hardin. All of which can go out to the mound and dominate if their stuff is working.

I don't think James and Hardin have the ability to dominate. They could develop into something, but as of right now they are light years away from Dakota. He is really the only one who could dominate.
Agreed, James and Hardin are a step below Greenslate when it comes to being a dominating pitcher. However, they both have worked hard during the summer, fall, and winter, and in my opinion have already developed into good pitchers. Granted, it really comes down to how they perform when they're put on the mound, but I'm saying they both have to capability to go out there and be dominate pitchers in the 16th.
East Carter should be very good... However, Kyle Bair has left the baseball team to focus on basketball...
I don't know why jackrabbit has something against East Carter.. I played for EC from 2000-2003 and we beat Greenup year in and year out... I don't guess I can speak with confidence about the last few years, but East has a VERY GOOD program with top notch coaches...
I think East has started to play a better schedule with coach shearers at the helm. With the expenese it is hard to travel very far. This seaso nthey are playing the folowing teams outside the 16th. Lex. Catholic, Mason County Lawrence Co., Johnson Central(2), North Oldham, Mercer Co., Danville, and not sure who they will be playing at Cocoa Beach. Plus playing Greenup, Boyd, Russell, Ashland, all twice.
Meeks4Three Wrote:I don't know why jackrabbit has something against East Carter.. I played for EC from 2000-2003 and we beat Greenup year in and year out... I don't guess I can speak with confidence about the last few years, but East has a VERY GOOD program with top notch coaches...

This is true. East Carter is a very good program.
Meeks4Three Wrote:I don't know why jackrabbit has something against East Carter.. I played for EC from 2000-2003 and we beat Greenup year in and year out... I don't guess I can speak with confidence about the last few years, but East has a VERY GOOD program with top notch coaches...

haha i have nothing against them, its funny when you have an opinion people automatically assume you have something against them.
just curious, who throws harder, adkins from ashland or greenslate from greenup county?
i figured i'd have gotten an answer by now! who's got more zip on their fastball adkins or greenslate?
russell will win it all
sinker Wrote:i figured i'd have gotten an answer by now! who's got more zip on their fastball adkins or greenslate?

I would have to say Greenslate
sinker Wrote:i figured i'd have gotten an answer by now! who's got more zip on their fastball adkins or greenslate?
I would guess greenslate. I been hearing reports Greenslate has some sort of shoulder issue. Don't know how serious. GC should have enough offensive power to win the region without Greenslate pitching. Hopefully, Greeenslate injury is a temporary one.
Devilman_2010 Wrote:russell will win it all
:lmao:
They may not even be top 2 in the district much less win the region.
East should be the favorite to win the tough 62nd.Rolleyes
Greenup County should win the 16th Region again.
not to be biased, but im pullin for ashland....but good luck to all teams in the up&coming season.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:One thing about Raceland is they have the best coach in the region every year, and if they ever get the talent to match their coach they would do very well.
There's been talent there. It's going to hurt losing Drew Hall to Morehead. Hoof is a great man and football coach. But he should give the baseball up. If you go and watch his practices, he does little teaching. He thows BP to them and hits grounders to the infield. I know he is in the Hof , but that is more to do with a number of wins. Weak schedules have helped in this. Like I said, the boys love him because he is a very nice man, but his baseball coaching leaves a lot to be desired.
Statmaster Wrote:There's been talent there. It's going to hurt losing Drew Hall to Morehead. Hoof is a great man and football coach. But he should give the baseball up. If you go and watch his practices, he does little teaching. He thows BP to them and hits grounders to the infield. I know he is in the Hof , but that is more to do with a number of wins. Weak schedules have helped in this. Like I said, the boys love him because he is a very nice man, but his baseball coaching leaves a lot to be desired.

He is a very respected coach and man throughout the area and state. I will not get into what he does or doesn't do, but i do know his motivatioinal techniques are rivaled but no one, haha! Who is the new kid that Raceland has this year? Is he any good?
gcbaseball1 Wrote:Agreed, James and Hardin are a step below Greenslate when it comes to being a dominating pitcher. However, they both have worked hard during the summer, fall, and winter, and in my opinion have already developed into good pitchers. Granted, it really comes down to how they perform when they're put on the mound, but I'm saying they both have to capability to go out there and be dominate pitchers in the 16th.
Did Greenup Pitchers dominate last night against the Burg? Is Greenslate still not throwing in live games?
CleanupMan Wrote:Did Greenup Pitchers dominate last night against the Burg? Is Greenslate still not throwing in live games?

Martin, Hardin, and Jones combined to give up only three runs, only one of which were earned, in 10 innings against Burg the other night. Greenslate has not thrown in a game situation yet; however, I heard he has thrown in the bullpen and has not had any pain so far. Greenup is scrimmaging Portsmouth tonight, maybe Greenslate might get an inning or two in if he feels good.
Lewis County should have a good team this year with alot of seniors that should bring leadership also with another year of expierence for their young coach. Lewis may lack expierence from the tough position of catcher but should have a good offense.
ukfootballrocks Wrote:Lewis County should have a good team this year with alot of seniors that should bring leadership also with another year of expierence for their young coach. Lewis may lack expierence from the tough position of catcher but should have a good offense.

oh no i hope this doesnt get out of control like it did last season, u know with the pitcher who has 10+ pitches and all?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:oh no i hope this doesnt get out of control like it did last season, u know with the pitcher who has 10+ pitches and all?

I don't know if he had 10 pitches or not but he did have several.

It sure was a tough break losing their starting catcher. Pitching maybe a weakness. Off the top of my head they have two juinors and one senior that will have to carry the load.If I overlooked anyone it was unintentional.
Lewis Counties pitching rotation will consist of their returning Senior ace Jake Bolander Juniors Blake Kilgore, Jarrod Pruitt, a Much improved Brandon Vaughn with others being thrown in the mix seniors Kyle Frerichs,Ryan Calvert, Frankie Witten,Nick Ginn along with Freshman Corey Davis. Lewis counties loss of senior catcher Andy Downing due to a back injury in football will not only hurt them behind the plate but in the batters box also Junior Blake Kilgore is likely to take over the starting duty while having a good game behind the Plate in the Lions 1st game last night resulting in a 9-0 win over South Webster Ohio.

kybaseball Wrote:I don't know if he had 10 pitches or not but he did have several.

It sure was a tough break losing their starting catcher. Pitching maybe a weakness. Off the top of my head they have two juinors and one senior that will have to carry the load.If I overlooked anyone it was unintentional.
i doubt greenup county could dominate wheelersburg, too many good hitters. i believe the score was a tie at 3 apiece and it was just a scrimmage. i believe they play each other around mid april... should be a great game!
ukfootballrocks Wrote:Lewis Counties pitching rotation will consist of their returning Senior ace Jake Bolander Juniors Blake Kilgore, Jarrod Pruitt, a Much improved Brandon Vaughn with others being thrown in the mix seniors Kyle Frerichs,Ryan Calvert, Frankie Witten,Nick Ginn along with Freshman Corey Davis. Lewis counties loss of senior catcher Andy Downing due to a back injury in football will not only hurt them behind the plate but in the batters box also Junior Blake Kilgore is likely to take over the starting duty while having a good game behind the Plate in the Lions 1st game last night resulting in a 9-0 win over South Webster Ohio.

Brandon Vaughn always could pitch he just never recieved the respect he deserved. In my opinion Frerichs,Ginn and Witten do not need to be pitching. They would better serve the team at their normal position I am not a coach or a jealous parent just my opinion.

My top pitchers in no particular order
Vaughn
Kilgore
Bolander
J Pruitt
Cropper/Davis

I want to wish our players and coaching staff a great season this year. I encourage the fans to come out and support this team.