Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region 2009
the amount of games you play really doesnt affect whether you have a good team or not does it?
anyways i have better things to do than sit here and look up east carters records from 72' to 08' ..
after all this thread is 16th region 2009...
Impressive Wrote:the amount of games you play really doesnt affect whether you have a good team or not does it?
anyways i have better things to do than sit here and look up east carters records from 72' to 08' ..
after all this thread is 16th region 2009...

Actually how many games and who you play during the regular season has a lot to do with how you do in the post season, that's just a given.
nah the amount of games doesnt really matter.. if your team dont have it together by 25 games they sure wont have it together in 10 more games.... plus 10 more games means putting more innings on the arms, more chances of injuries. IMO playing between 25-30 games is a good idea..

but really what teams do you think are better than east carter or other than boyd and greenup and why are they better .
Impressive Wrote:nah the amount of games doesnt really matter.. if your team dont have it together by 25 games they sure wont have it together in 10 more games.... plus 10 more games means putting more innings on the arms, more chances of injuries. IMO playing between 25-30 games is a good idea..

but really what teams do you think are better than east carter or other than boyd and greenup and why are they better .

That is crazy! The more games you play the more cuts you get before the post season, the more game type situations you get to play in before the post season, the more games you play the better, you ask any coach in America and they will tell you that, and if they don't then they are probably a program that has good regular season records and never wins in the post season, just like East Carter. So I guess I can see why you are saying that because at this point you'll say anything to try and prove your point, but so far it's not working.
any coach in america will tell you that practice is what they need more of.. not games.. practice is where you get your hitting techniques down. Thats where you discuss game situations, thats where you get better , not playing as many games as you can possibly play. If all you do is play games, how does it make you better when you dont have a few days in between to practice?????

Im not trying to prove a point.. i dont have to prove anything to you because you just want to bash east carter because they win alot of games... (and dont say something about not winning in post season... you've said that several times)
Impressive Wrote:any coach in america will tell you that practice is what they need more of.. not games.. practice is where you get your hitting techniques down. Thats where you discuss game situations, thats where you get better , not playing as many games as you can possibly play. If all you do is play games, how does it make you better when you dont have a few days in between to practice?????

Im not trying to prove a point.. i dont have to prove anything to you because you just want to bash east carter because they win alot of games... (and dont say something about not winning in post season... you've said that several times)

Well what does them having a good record have to do with if they can't win when they get to the post season. I'll keep saying it as long as you keep pushing their record on everybody, because it's a joke with that schedule.

I wish you would reread what you just put. Your right practice is where you get your techniques and "talk" about situations, but where do you get to really pratice those techniques and situations? GAMES!! And the more games you play the more game type atmosphere your going to have. So by what your saying is that a team that plays 0 one run games goes up against a team that has played 20 one run games, by your theory the team that has practiced more and not the team that has been in those close games has the advantage! That's just really silly to think that, and I really think you don't honestly believe that your just still trying to be difficult and that's fine, whatever.
I said that because you have said that enough..

So are you saying practice is not the most important part of sports?
Impressive Wrote:I said that because you have said that enough..

So are you saying practice is not the most important part of sports?

What? We weren't even arguing what the most important part of sports is? Yes it is very important, but the more you use what you practice in game type situations the better you are, if all you do is practice and only play a select number of games then you won't be as good as somebody who plays twice the number of games, because they are using what they are practicing a whole lot more! Come on man are you just making up stuff now, or do you seriously think like this?
twice the number of games? what the heck.. East plays 28-35 games every season.. you are making it sound like they are playing like 10 games..
All you keep saying is PLAY GAMES PLAY GAMES PLAY GAMES PLAY GAMES PLAY GAMES... what school do you cheer for? because they better play a 162 game season to keep you happy lol
Impressive Wrote:twice the number of games? what the heck.. East plays 28-35 games every season.. you are making it sound like they are playing like 10 games..
All you keep saying is PLAY GAMES PLAY GAMES PLAY GAMES PLAY GAMES PLAY GAMES... what school do you cheer for? because they better play a 162 game season to keep you happy lol

Look i'm tired of arguing about this, so just keep playing the cupcake schedules and keep getting those good records and let other people win the region every year....
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Look i'm tired of arguing about this, so just keep playing the cupcake schedules and keep getting those good records and let other people win the region every year....

I'm with jackrabbit. I've argued for years that Raceland should stop playing the Elliots and the West Carters of the baseball world and beef up the schedule. I think the tougher the schedule the better off you are in the post season. When it comes to post season the cupcake teams are over.
RAM A DEVIL look at the teams you just mentioned.... Elliott, West.... Both in the 62nd district... Hmmm.. what team is also in that district????? Could it be ...EAST CARTER?
East is required to play them twice each season.. not much you can do about that..
Stop saying East needs to stop playing Elliott and West... they have to
ohh wait.. my bad ram a devil.. i realized what u was saying was that raceland needs to stop playing them.. lol im sorry
Greenup County will win the 16th region again IMO.
Impressive Wrote:RAM A DEVIL look at the teams you just mentioned.... Elliott, West.... Both in the 62nd district... Hmmm.. what team is also in that district????? Could it be ...EAST CARTER?
East is required to play them twice each season.. not much you can do about that..
Stop saying East needs to stop playing Elliott and West... they have to

I think he was just using them as an example of weak teams that have no business on anyone schedules that wants to have a successful post season.
playing a few wearker teams now and then never hurt anybody.. give you a chance to put some of the younger kids in to get a little playing experience.. get a little BP in.. Im not saying playing a full schedule like that is good. but its nice to put a couple of freebies on the schedule..
Impressive Wrote:playing a few wearker teams now and then never hurt anybody.. give you a chance to put some of the younger kids in to get a little playing experience.. get a little BP in.. Im not saying playing a full schedule like that is good. but its nice to put a couple of freebies on the schedule..

Im glad you are finally agreeing with me on that, and that is what i have been saying the entire time, but the whole point is that is all that East has on their schedule are cup cakes, and their required games, and that's it, and my whole point was that is why they are not doing good in the post season.
Everyone should play a Greenup type schedule. Lewis had a coach who is always braggin how good they done when they coached. Problem was they hardly ever played anyone tough and won. Sorry if I stepped on some Lewis toes but that is the way it was.
I looked at East Carter's schedule for last year, they played 3 out of the 8 teams that went to the state tournament last year. Greenup mercied them 13-2, Harrison Co. mercied them 10-0, and Lawrence Co. mercied them 12-2. They have good games in their schedule, but it is hard for the kids to kill a West Carter or a Rose Hill and then be expected to play a top caliber team.
BTW, Greenup Co. takes the 16th this year.
Greenup might win, but it won't be near as easy as its been the last 2 years.
Greenup has some horses, but Ashland and East will show up for this race also.
kybaseball Wrote:Everyone should play a Greenup type schedule. Lewis had a coach who is always braggin how good they done when they coached. Problem was they hardly ever played anyone tough and won. Sorry if I stepped on some Lewis toes but that is the way it was.

I know what your saying kyb, Lewis needs to step into the real summer baseball programs and get rid of Little League @ 13 and up. They have coaches, more than 1, that "brag" how good they are in summer ball and never good @ High school. It all has to do with LL and not playing Legion ball or other better traveling teams and sanctioned leagues, they have won state titles in baseball in LL, but there were 3 teams in the whole state tourney. All your good programs and players are playing Legion ball, or Babe Ruth, or what ever, not 3 teams in a state tourney. I have talked with some of these coaches and actually our teams have played them some. JMO
Well there is a legion team in Ashland that players from all the way down in Paintsville come and play for. Granted this is rare and not expected for people to do but still if there are a few players in Lewis that want to step up their game bad enough, they could travel and play there. Hopefully they would increase the interest to the point they could have a team in that area.
riverrat11 Wrote:I know what your saying kyb, Lewis needs to step into the real summer baseball programs and get rid of Little League @ 13 and up. They have coaches, more than 1, that "brag" how good they are in summer ball and never good @ High school. It all has to do with LL and not playing Legion ball or other better traveling teams and sanctioned leagues, they have won state titles in baseball in LL, but there were 3 teams in the whole state tourney. All your good programs and players are playing Legion ball, or Babe Ruth, or what ever, not 3 teams in a state tourney. I have talked with some of these coaches and actually our teams have played them some. JMO

I agree with you on this, lewis does need to get out of LL above 12's, not enough teams to play in a reasonable distance.
riverrat11 Wrote:I know what your saying kyb, Lewis needs to step into the real summer baseball programs and get rid of Little League @ 13 and up. They have coaches, more than 1, that "brag" how good they are in summer ball and never good @ High school. It all has to do with LL and not playing Legion ball or other better traveling teams and sanctioned leagues, they have won state titles in baseball in LL, but there were 3 teams in the whole state tourney. All your good programs and players are playing Legion ball, or Babe Ruth, or what ever, not 3 teams in a state tourney. I have talked with some of these coaches and actually our teams have played them some. JMO

As far as LL goes I say get rid of all of it and go to AABC.
Oh good grief. Do the GOBs ever stop causing trouble? Some just think they know it all. It never ceases to amaze me how some just blantantly flaunt their arrogance.

From the looks of it, there is a little jealousy going on with the lcalum and riverat11.Ggo figure.
Back to the original topic, IMO Russell will be a very strong competitor this year with some new players coming out along with ones returning.
1eagle3 Wrote:Back to the original topic, IMO Russell will be a very strong competitor this year with some new players coming out along with ones returning.
I thinking Russel don't have the pitching to be strong competitor in the region but maybe their district.Rolleyes
yeah, they'll be a little short on pitching but theres really no team in the region with 3 or 4 legit starters. They will have a pretty powerful offense though.
1eagle3 Wrote:yeah, they'll be a little short on pitching but theres really no team in the region with 3 or 4 legit starters. They will have a pretty powerful offense though.

Greenup has atleast two legit starter, number 3-5 will be a tossup.:moon: