Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd 08-09
runninrebs21 Wrote:well no matter what kind of coach you have, you as players should have taken it upon yourself to work hard and prepare for games. baseball isn't like basketball or football. there isnt as much game planning and strategy. if you can hit you can hit, if not you won't win. same goes for the defensive side of the ball. it would be different if SF baseball came close in their games but they were pretty much ALL blowouts and the teams mercy ruled them. sorry, but the players should take as much or more blame than the coach

This is some what true coaches cant play the game for you they can just put you in position to win the game but they cant play for you..

You have just been hit by the Heavy Hitter52
runninrebs21 Wrote:well no matter what kind of coach you have, you as players should have taken it upon yourself to work hard and prepare for games. baseball isn't like basketball or football. there isnt as much game planning and strategy. if you can hit you can hit, if not you won't win. same goes for the defensive side of the ball. it would be different if SF baseball came close in their games but they were pretty much ALL blowouts and the teams mercy ruled them. sorry, but the players should take as much or more blame than the coach

Well it is apparent that runninrebel21 has never played baseball. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports. But grant it that it does take some talent but you have to have practice on it. Runninrebel21 how would you have liked it if Coach Martin had practice and you wasn't allowed to shoot and just not once but weeks at a time. I know that you like to shoot don't ya but then again who don't. Now I'm not saying that you didn't work on your shot on your own but take away all the shots in practice, the ones that were wide open, ones with hand in face, and ones that were clutch. Now after doing that do you honestly think that you would still be able to shoot as good as you did last year. As far as baseball not having to plan for it, baseball is the sport that you have to be the mot mentally sound. Every play the player and the coach have to know what to do if the ball is hit here or there. And as far as the defense goes our practices consisted of slow ground balls that were hit right to us and lazy pop flies and the last time i checked i couldn't hit the ball to myself and then go field it. I am no Bugs Bunny. So before you go badmouthing us just think of what we dealt with day in and day out and think how it would have affected you and your team.
well what i think runnin rebels was tryin to say is that talent takes over talent... i agree that baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports, but you can hit 1 million ground balls a day to a person that dont have the talent and it wont make much of a difference.. you can make a bad person a decent player but south floyd has had the talent but nobody has taken advantage of it.. they have put people in the wrong positions and have played favorites to whom the outside "sources" have wanted to play wherever...
I think that SF has two to three good players on there team in Tyler Mitchell,Cody Cook, and Johnathon Cochran, but what I think is hurting this team is that the players that are surrounding them probably shouldnt be starting or shouldnt even be playing at many games lastyear i saw their outfielders drop pop ups that should have been an easy out and saw ground balls go right by them when all the had to do was put there golve on the ground and go down to a knee and make a play on the ball and they would have had another easy out and they didnt really have a good coaching staff around them but the staff is there now well just see how far these three players can take the rest of their teammates because SF is limited.. GL Raiders

and P.S. I have played baseball,football,and basketball and i can personally say that hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports!!!

You have just been hit by the Hard Hitter52!!!!
Remorcefull Raider Wrote:Well it is apparent that runninrebel21 has never played baseball. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports. But grant it that it does take some talent but you have to have practice on it. Runninrebel21 how would you have liked it if Coach Martin had practice and you wasn't allowed to shoot and just not once but weeks at a time. I know that you like to shoot don't ya but then again who don't. Now I'm not saying that you didn't work on your shot on your own but take away all the shots in practice, the ones that were wide open, ones with hand in face, and ones that were clutch. Now after doing that do you honestly think that you would still be able to shoot as good as you did last year. As far as baseball not having to plan for it, baseball is the sport that you have to be the mot mentally sound. Every play the player and the coach have to know what to do if the ball is hit here or there. And as far as the defense goes our practices consisted of slow ground balls that were hit right to us and lazy pop flies and the last time i checked i couldn't hit the ball to myself and then go field it. I am no Bugs Bunny. So before you go badmouthing us just think of what we dealt with day in and day out and think how it would have affected you and your team.

Actually i did play baseball, and i know hitting the ball is extremely hard.. but to compare that to basketball last season isnt a good choice.. In practice, we did mostly drills and fundamentals and conditioning, and didnt shoot as much as you would think.. I played pick up games probably 3-4 nights a week until games started to practice shooting. I know you cant really play pick up games of baseball like you can basketball, but there are batting cages and things like that. I'm not saying your coach was good cause i have no idea who it even was. I'm just saying to win, you have to have the talent too. Partial blame should go to the coach, but then again as much or more of the blame should go back on the players who didn't take it serious either.

Actually hitting a baseball has been rated by every sports critic in America as being the single hardest thing to do in any sport, which includes football and basketball, and actually every other sport. I do think in order for you to have a team that can hit you first have to have a coach that can hit, haha! If your coach has no idea how to hit then how in the world is your team going to be able hit. Obviously, they need to get an experienced coach in at SF that knows the fundamentals of the game and works on them everyday, and until they do that and go back to square one, they will never win, ever, and it will probably get so bad they end up having to fold it up.
Well they got a new coach this year, and he knows his baseball. Ans another thing that I like about this coach is that he is doing it for the kids and for the love of the game not the money. I believe they will better this year than they have in the past. Like Hard Hitter said they have some pretty decent players and I think that those three will take it upon themselves to make this year worth their while.
How many players are coming out to play for South Floyd this year and what starters do they return?
They get back Mitchell, Cochran, Cook, Gibson, Little Cook, and some others but T.j Johnson is coming out to play and so are some more
Remorcefull Raider Wrote:They get back Mitchell, Cochran, Cook, Gibson, Little Cook, and some others but T.j Johnson is coming out to play and so are some more

Is cook elgible i have heard he may not have enough credits to play and has t.j. johnson ever played baseball b4???

You have just been hit by the Heavy Hitter52!!!
As far as I know he is, and T.J. played in little league but he is an athlete so he will help. I mean lets face it he can't hurt, lol.
I wish the best of luck to South Floyd this year. Last year it all seemed like a joke to the players, hopefully their attitudes will change some.
wish them the best. might take a year or two for the new coach to establish a good base for the team.
When does season start?
JackFrost Wrote:When does season start?
feb 15th
runninrebs21 Wrote:Actually i did play baseball, and i know hitting the ball is extremely hard.. but to compare that to basketball last season isnt a good choice.. In practice, we did mostly drills and fundamentals and conditioning, and didnt shoot as much as you would think.. I played pick up games probably 3-4 nights a week until games started to practice shooting. I know you cant really play pick up games of baseball like you can basketball, but there are batting cages and things like that. I'm not saying your coach was good cause i have no idea who it even was. I'm just saying to win, you have to have the talent too. Partial blame should go to the coach, but then again as much or more of the blame should go back on the players who didn't take it serious either.

agreed...talent is more important to baseball than any other sport because hitting the ball is the hardest thing to to do in any sport...i realize that coach staggs was an awful coach, but if kids aren't willing to help themselves what can you do...it's not that hard to get out to the field and hit groumd balls to one another, it's not that hard to get your friends to throw you some bp, their players need to put some of the responsibility onto their own shoulders
Josh Hall Is a better coach than staggs he has time to practice his players and in baseball i know u gotta practice to be any good.. idk about there pitching though
I thought Tyler Mitchell graduated last year.
Wyatt Earp Wrote:I thought Tyler Mitchell graduated last year.

nope he is a senior this year
2-11 thus far. Better than what i expected