Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the top 8th grade boys teams in the state?
Id like to see virgie and lex. cath play. I think that could be a really good game.
Mr.cold Wrote:Id like to see virgie and lex. cath play. I think that could be a really good game.

Looks like this could very well happen next week at the KBA BCI state tourney next weekend. Some of the teams that are signed up to play are Lexington Catholic, Wayne County, Virgie, Lincoln County, South Laurel, Southwest Pulaski, and I think Knox Co. and AB combs. Im sure there will be others too i have not mentioned that are good enough to mention. This should be and excellent state tourney warmup for the KBA tourney that is played in Feb. Its taken me 4 weeks just to recover from Wayne Co. beating us in the HOliday tourney. This was one heck of a game to watch even if your kids werent on either team. Lx CAth was up 13 in the 2nd half and Wayne co. went to war while Lex CAth just coulnt get anything to fall and I mean inside 6 feet. I'm sure this was due to the Wayne Co players turning up the defense tho. I was really impressed with wayne co. players and coaches and also their fans. I hope to get the chance to play them again next week. Lex CAth plays Knox County Sat at knox if weather allows it.
Big kid for Mason is a player.
knighted Wrote:Looks like this could very well happen next week at the KBA BCI state tourney next weekend. Some of the teams that are signed up to play are Lexington Catholic, Wayne County, Virgie, Lincoln County, South Laurel, Southwest Pulaski, and I think Knox Co. and AB combs. Im sure there will be others too i have not mentioned that are good enough to mention. This should be and excellent state tourney warmup for the KBA tourney that is played in Feb. Its taken me 4 weeks just to recover from Wayne Co. beating us in the HOliday tourney. This was one heck of a game to watch even if your kids werent on either team. Lx CAth was up 13 in the 2nd half and Wayne co. went to war while Lex CAth just coulnt get anything to fall and I mean inside 6 feet. I'm sure this was due to the Wayne Co players turning up the defense tho. I was really impressed with wayne co. players and coaches and also their fans. I hope to get the chance to play them again next week. Lex CAth plays Knox County Sat at knox if weather allows it.

Are the teams mentioned above for sure going to be at this tournament? And do you know of any other teams entered. Sounds like it will be a good tournament to watch. Are the teams mentioned the top teams in the state of Kentucky in their age group?
hope to see a rematch lexington catholic vs wayne county this weekend. two of the best 8th grade teams ive ever seen. wayne county outplayed us down the stretch last month as catholic blew a 13 point second half lead. the 6-5 hatton kid was called for his 5th foul on a play he was 10 feet from the action on and reece ryan missed the end of the game and half of the overtime with an injury. no excuses wayne was the better team that day, 2 out of three this weekend and in the state tourney?
I think Lex Cath and Wayne are the the two best teams in the state and hopefully they will match up again. I don't think Wayne is playing in the BCI state tournament.
Enjoyed reading all the posts on here and sounds like there is some pretty good talent in the Central and Eastern part of the state! Question I have is that I saw on the KBA's website that Lex Cath was on the list of teams playing at state, so if the only eligibility rule the State tournament has is the kids have had to play atleast 3 games for their represented school how can Lex Cath be able to play in the tournament?? I mean from reading on here they have kids from 3 or 4 different schools, none of those kids can meet the eligibility requirements. Private or not... there is a private catholic school here in my town and they have a basketball team that consists of only kids from their school... so where is the difference?? Just curious....
for a name like hoopstars you are terrified of 13 and 14 year old boys. lex caths kids are all lex cathkids. we are not the only example of this practice. can you find me a bell co middle school? but yet they compete as bell co middle. maybee whiners like you should not play at state.
Before you start getting all defensive on me... maybe you should re-read my post because I clearly was just asking a question that alot of other people on here seem to be more up on than I am... I mean if Bell Co is combining middle schools then I would ask the same question about them!! This isn't about being scared of any kids just wondering how that all came to be... It's a younger version of why so many people have issues with the Private schools playing in the High School State tourney. Why should schools who play with the hand they are dealt (i understand this is sometimes not the case with the public schools too before you bash me) have to compete against schools who can recruit and bring in however they like... at least at the high school level they all are attending the same school, here you have a team combined from 3 different schools!! All I am saying is why would they not be expected to play as their own individual school?? No whining just was looking for another point of view to help me rationalize this... I guess you have some ties to this group!!!
Bowling Green purples beat Christian co 56-37 and arent even listed in top 10 crazy.Purple are 18-0 on the year and have won 43-2 since there 7th grade year and beat both teams that beat them last year by a total of 40 points.
I can say that Scott County middle 8th grade has a very impressive team and has to be one of the tops in the state if not the top. They won the 7th grade state championship last year. Moreno kid may be the best legit 8th grader in the state ( not been held back). Kid is very good and basketball IQ on the court is off the charts.
Does anyone know anything about Logan Co. or Middlesboro?