Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
74.50%
Russell Red Devils
25.50%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 21(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Belfry (Class 3A 2nd Round)
Midee1 Wrote:At no time has Raceland ever been close to the caliber of Belfry. As a matter of fact this year is the only year I can think of that they are making some serious noise. My only comment about Raceland was the duo of Denton and Carver were very impressive.

I'm with you. I'm tired of hearing Raceland/Belfry. Raceland needs to win a State Championship, and then, and then only, they may hold Belfry Jock straps. Raceland is having a good season and I wish them well. Don't compare them with teams that have won it all. They are not even in the same class YET.. Denton and Carver may win it all for Raceland.
I take my Devils By a Touchdown

russell 21

belfry 14
BMSPirateMom #11 Wrote:Why thank you joethegreek, you are not the only one who appreciates my dirt pie.. It'll be there along with my potato soup.

Man alive, that stuff was good!Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BMSPirateMom #11 Wrote:Why thank you joethegreek, you are not the only one who appreciates my dirt pie.. It'll be there along with my potato soup.

I know my son loves it also and he like your potato soup. He will be glad that you are bringing both
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Maybe Russell's run defense and inability to tackle made Raceland look more talnted than they really are.

I would say without hesitation that Raceland does not have anyone on the same overall level as Lee, Varney, and Elkins collaboratively.

Yes they do.

Denton, Carver, and Boyles are every bit as good as Lee, Varney and Elkins if not better. Denton is probably the best football player of the bunch.

Where Belfry is better is up front.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The only thing I would add is that Belfry's DE's have got to be able to shed blocks and not get caught up chicken fighting. The inside running game isn't what worries me in the Wing T, what worries me is when Russell runs the sweep or playfakes with the QB and he bootlegs. The DE's have got to close off the corners and the LB's have to be able to read and pursue to the play. Hall and Lee have enough speed and athleticism that if they can get off their blocks they should have no trouble stringing out the play long enough for pursuit to close.

If you look at the last three games with Russell the majority of their yards have came from runs designed to go off the corner, the bootleg, and the pass. If Belfry can take away the outside running game I have no problem taking my chances with Russell's inside game and passing.

Yes, that is what Belfry should game plan for. Just take away the sweeps and the bootleg. String everything out and you should have no problems.
Looks like its time to break out the ANGRY RED TOWELS people!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right Joe the Greek?
cobra67 Wrote:Looks like its time to break out the ANGRY RED TOWELS people!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right Joe the Greek?

I think Joe would agree. He is so fired up right now he can't contain himself. Word has it that he may just shed his shirt and brave the cold weather with just his skin. Maybe then we would get to see all his Logan tattoos...Jk, big Joe. I can't wait until tomorrow either.
bucslover68 Wrote:I think Joe would agree. He is so fired up right now he can't contain himself. Word has it that he may just shed his shirt and brave the cold weather with just his skin. Maybe then we would get to see all his Logan tattoos...Jk, big Joe. I can't wait until tomorrow either.
I hear he's got a weightwatcher trademark on his back LOL
cobra67 Wrote:Looks like its time to break out the ANGRY RED TOWELS people!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right Joe the Greek?

I wish I had brought mine from last year...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cobra67 Wrote:I hear he's got a weightwatcher trademark on his back LOL

I am tired of this weight watcher stuff. Joe needs to be a real man and come and eat steak and ribs and other great stuff at the tailgate with some of the great Russell fans.
Belfry knows some football, but this will be a close one. If Belfry's D plays like they did at JC they should take this one.
bucslover68 Wrote:I am tired of this weight watcher stuff. Joe needs to be a real man and come and eat steak and ribs and other great stuff at the tailgate with some of the great Russell fans.

Tell em' young man... he needs to tell his wife "Please, can I eat just this one night"... LOL... I'm sure she wouldn't care a bit if he wanted to endulge!!!! (This being a special occasion and all).... Tongue

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
bucslover68 Wrote:I am tired of this weight watcher stuff. Joe needs to be a real man and come and eat steak and ribs and other great stuff at the tailgate with some of the great Russell fans.
I agree. The only points I want to count is ours tommorrow night.

I'm on weight watchers too...Im def eating chicken and ribs...yum! Im bringing some KFC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cobra67 Wrote:I agree. The only points I want to count is ours tommorrow night.

Yeah, I just want our points to be more than theirs...lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Yeah, I just want our points to be more than theirs...lol
Atta boy
Hey Midee, Where in the world is Devilologist? I miss his input LOL
cobra67 Wrote:Hey Midee, Where in the world is Devilologist? I miss his input LOL

I am going to bed. It is a lot like Christmas Eve. The sooner you go to bed, the sooner the next day gets here. Good Luck to both teams and everyone be safe and bundle up.
bucslover68 Wrote:I am going to bed. It is a lot like Christmas Eve. The sooner you go to bed, the sooner the next day gets here. Good Luck to both teams and everyone be safe and bundle up.

Nighty Nite... Sweet dreams and OH... make sure you dream of a VICTORY!!! Big Grin

phs1986 Wrote:Nighty Nite... Sweet dreams and OH... make sure you dream of a VICTORY!!! Big Grin
Hey I need Twenty bucks lol
BELFRY WILL WIN!!!!Cool
cobra67 Wrote:Hey I need Twenty bucks lol

No prob.. I'll send it by your "P.I.C." (partner in crime) tomorrow night at the tailgate... TRY not to spend it all in one day would ya????

LMAO!!

Ha Ha How much does Mr.D get?
I'd like to meet all of you all tomorrow night...I have met PiratePal, BelfryJustice,BelfryBrat, Dream Weaver and Midee1,joethegreek,Foxsports
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Our Pirates need a little "Lunatic Fringe" tomorrow night. That always seemed to get us going when we were getting ready for a big game and it "seemed" that the odds were against us.:rockon:

Russell fans be careful and have a safe trip to the CAM tomorrow night.
HarleyD Wrote:Our Pirates need a little "Lunatic Fringe" tomorrow night. That always seemed to get us going when we were getting ready for a big game and it "seemed" that the odds were against us.:rockon:

Russell fans be careful and have a safe trip to the CAM tomorrow night.

They play it each game as Belfry takes the field for warmups
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Is anyone going to talk about the game anymore?

If not I did get a scouting report that said Ivan Lee has beautiful eyes.
I will have a BGR sign put up near the food tables at the tailgate. We can all meet up there, eat and socialize a little before the game!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FBALL Wrote:Is anyone going to talk about the game anymore?

If not I did get a scouting report that said Ivan Lee has beautiful eyes.

lol

I think it's finally winding down now....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 21(current)
  • Next