Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd next season
"flashback_7" Wrote:I wouldnt go as far as Eastern Kentucky, I dont even think he is the best in the district.....Nick Music is probably the best in the district(AC).....and if im not mistaken all but 1 or 2 of Ryan Johnsons home runs came at Garrett Field which could eaisly be considered a little league field.
I would go as far as Eastern KY. That kid is awesome. He has beeng good for 3 or 4 years. for the raiders. Justin Slone is by far the best player in the 58th, and top 5 in the 15th.
"#_4" Wrote:Nick isnt the best centerfeilder in the district tho.
Nope. Justin Slone is
The raiders will have a strong infield.
They should have a good infeld and outfeild....I cant wait to see their feild at Drift and see all the changes that have been made to it.
SF also lost jonathan mullins, shannon hall, and some one who played in right field! but without allen they will probally win about 5 or 6 games!
They will win 5 games
I believe they will play alot better this season because for the first time in three years they have a field to practice at and play their home games. It is difficult to put together a program without the facilities to use. The Raiders have good players back and the key will be how their pitching is.
Scott Allen WAS South Floyd baseball. He was the best pitcher on the team last season, and they just won what, 3 game? Slone, Lafferty, and Hall are all South Floyd has. I se another "rebuilding" year at Hi Hat.
lol, i think ur missin a couple of good players there strikeoutking
"Cartman" Wrote:lol, i think ur missin a couple of good players there strikeoutking

No I think he got em' all, and was generous with that....
sf will be like they have been since seniors can play over underclassmen even if the underclass man is better
"alfus21" Wrote:No I think he got em' all, and was generous with that....
Don't even make a post in here Alfus you've do not know any players that they have on the team or what they will be like nobody does.
I do and i would like to say sf has good players with alot of talent and i think they could be a contender in the region if they applied themselves
they might win 2 maybe 3 it will be a normal year for south floyd
"StrikeoutKing" Wrote:Scott Allen WAS South Floyd baseball. He was the best pitcher on the team last season, and they just won what, 3 game? Slone, Lafferty, and Hall are all South Floyd has. I se another "rebuilding" year at Hi Hat.

I agree with everything you have said but who is Hall?
TJ Hall
he is there 1st baseman but he is not very good
"Wyatt Earp" Wrote:I believe they will play alot better this season because for the first time in three years they have a field to practice at and play their home games. It is difficult to put together a program without the facilities to use. The Raiders have good players back and the key will be how their pitching is.

None of the Floyd County High Schools have their own field. I guess Prestonsburg would come closer than any. (I only say that because of the close proximity to PHS). They use a field at Archer Park which they are probably sharing with Prestonsburg Junior League baseball. Betsy Layne and Allen Central are sharing the field at Stumbo Park at Allen. If HAP fields a Junior League team this season they will also be sharing the field. South Floyd used the field at Garret- they share it with Beaver Creek Junior League teams. South Floyd also played at least one home game at Stumbo Park last year. Even in Softball the Floyd County teams have no fields. Betsy Layne is the only school with a field of their own (softball).
Even in Pee Wee and Little League Floyd County is lagging in facilities. The fields at Martin, Garrett and Minnie all flood. All of the fields at Archer Park are in the flood zone. I'm not sure about the Stumo Park Fields or the fields at MudCreek- near JMS.

Can anyone tell me of any other 15th region teams in the same shape? It looks to me like all of the Floyd County teams are at a big disadvantage.
"WOW" Wrote:None of the Floyd County High Schools have their own field. I guess Prestonsburg would come closer than any. (I only say that because of the close proximity to PHS). They use a field at Archer Park which they are probably sharing with Prestonsburg Junior League baseball. Betsy Layne and Allen Central are sharing the field at Stumbo Park at Allen. If HAP fields a Junior League team this season they will also be sharing the field. South Floyd used the field at Garret- they share it with Beaver Creek Junior League teams. South Floyd also played at least one home game at Stumbo Park last year. Even in Softball the Floyd County teams have no fields. Betsy Layne is the only school with a field of their own (softball).
Even in Pee Wee and Little League Floyd County is lagging in facilities. The fields at Martin, Garrett and Minnie all flood. All of the fields at Archer Park are in the flood zone. I'm not sure about the Stumo Park Fields or the fields at MudCreek- near JMS.

Can anyone tell me of any other 15th region teams in the same shape? It looks to me like all of the Floyd County teams are at a big disadvantage.
lol so how do you think South Floyd will be?
I don't see the new field at Drift having much of an impact on SFHS's season. Who will be coaching in 2006 and who they have playing in 2006- that will determine the season they have. SFHS will have a season much like 2005.
James Staggs will be coaching again
How much HS Varsity coaching experience does Coach Staggs have?
Catcher- Andrew Lafferty
Pitcher- Justin Slone, Colby Hayes, TJ Hall
1st Base- TJ Hall
2nd Base- Colby Hayes
Shortstop- Ryan Johnson
3rd Base-
Leftfeild-
Centerfeild- Justin Slone
Rightfeild-

Adam Slone, Isaiah Hall, Tyler Mitchell, David Tackett, and some others will be competing for 3rd, LF, and RF but it just depends on where Staggs wants them.
"WOW" Wrote:How much HS Varsity coaching experience does Coach Staggs have?
I think last season was his first year. But he knows a lot about baseball.
I think Isaiah Hall should be in there because he can play ne were
david tackett in right feild and isiah hall in left feild...adam slone or tyler mitchell might start 3rd...they should be alright this year
what about isaiah at 3rd?
i think isaiah will be a good 3rd baseman.. i think sf will be a good team this season.. justin slone is a real player.
isiah showed me last year he was a real good outfeilder..i've never seen him play 3rd..he might be better there
i agree