Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Ratliff in the Equation, How Far Will Phelps Go?
hawkhead Wrote:We will see how those Hornets gel as the year goes on. They seem to become "unglued during" the tournaments.

AH... I think they will use some "crazy" glue this year just to prove a point!! LOL....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I have been at PHS for many years and I know that we have had to struggle through seasons when one or two of our best players transferred to other county schools to play sports because things weren't working out here for them. Sometimes that was because it was "coach" related and other times it was for personal reasons.

Did we like it? No! Who wants to see their athletes choose to play for another school, especially a small school like Phelps that can't afford to lose students or athletes?

But we survived and I doubt if you'll find many of those transfers who'll say they regretted the move.

Kayla's dad and his family are from Phelps and still have family and friends here, so her choice to transfer to Phelps isn't a big shock for us. We have welcomed her with open arms and she seems to like being a Hornet. She's happy and has fit in quite effortlessly.

I also look upon these transfer issues as a sign that J.R. is doing a good job coaching and others are wanting to be a part of his success. He's a terrific guy and we'd like to keep him around for years to come.

I don't know how anyone could wish all of our schools and their athletic programs anything but the best. The bottom line is that each school represents all of us as Pike Countians - no matter what area they come from.

I hope every tournament this year has nothing but Pike County teams in the finals and I say "GOOD LUCK" to every county team.
Kayla was amazing agnist PCC! Shes a great player and she looks like she really likes phelps! Congrats Kayla!Smile
TruBlu73 Wrote:I have been at PHS for many years and I know that we have had to struggle through seasons when one or two of our best players transferred to other county schools to play sports because things weren't working out here for them. Sometimes that was because it was "coach" related and other times it was for personal reasons.

Did we like it? No! Who wants to see their athletes choose to play for another school, especially a small school like Phelps that can't afford to lose students or athletes?

But we survived and I doubt if you'll find many of those transfers who'll say they regretted the move.

Kayla's dad and his family are from Phelps and still have family and friends here, so her choice to transfer to Phelps isn't a big shock for us. We have welcomed her with open arms and she seems to like being a Hornet. She's happy and has fit in quite effortlessly.

I also look upon these transfer issues as a sign that J.R. is doing a good job coaching and others are wanting to be a part of his success. He's a terrific guy and we'd like to keep him around for years to come.

I don't know how anyone could wish all of our schools and their athletic programs anything but the best. The bottom line is that each school represents all of us as Pike Countians - no matter what area they come from.

I hope every tournament this year has nothing but Pike County teams in the finals and I say "GOOD LUCK" to every county team.

Excellent post!!!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I think Pike Central will feel the loss of Ratliff as well as Lowe this season,Both players were starter's and very awesome player's,Good luck KK.
i think that kayla will do great,

this will help them out alot.

and i think its great that shes happy over at phelps.