Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central this season??
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:This is what you guys are not understanding...This doesn't happen on Coach Dean's teams. No matter where he has been the players respect him so much they would never dream of coming out on the field and not giving their best effort because they wouldn't do that to Coach Dean. The players themselves respect him so much they would never put him in that position. This is what happened to Hammons last season and even the year before, it's been happening there for awhile now actually. The players just stopped respecting him and he couldn't get anything out of him, and finally he just gave up and as a result last season happened.

I would disagree stating that Hammons quit coaching and trying to work with these kids. They improved a lot during the season and played some good teams a lot closer late in the year. I don't think the kids quit trying they just didn't have the talent throughout the lineup to compete.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:they need it

You may be right, KCC may be horrible again next year (WHICH I DOUBT), but if they're not and they beat a good LCC team then I can't wait to say we told you so.
You have every reason to believe what you believe based on last year so we'll just have to see what the upcoming season shows. IMO, KCC will be a good team.
Jshort5 Wrote:You'll see how the players work for LCC when KCC plays Letcher Central. If you think for one second that Coach Dean will take anything less than maximum effort then you're badly mistaken. God, KCC cancelled on LCC last year or they would've had another loss in that "L" Column. I mean it takes 9 players' to make a team, not 5(KCC), LCC has 20. [B]You'll see, your day will come when you have crow for dinner for the whole [[/B]B]month of March[/B]. They can't go from a 2 win team to a contender with teams such as LCC. It's just not gonna happen. Potter pitched against LCC last year and LCC beat them pretty handily. Go figure. I'll figure you Knott County folk out some day, I just don't know when that day will come.:flame:

Keep talking...
FBIMAN Wrote:You may be right, KCC may be horrible again next year (WHICH I DOUBT), but if they're not and they beat a good LCC team then I can't wait to say we told you so.
You have every reason to believe what you believe based on last year so we'll just have to see what the upcoming season shows. IMO, KCC will be a good team.

It's nothing personal, it's just two different people having two different opinions about the same subject, and i can live with that.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:It's nothing personal, it's just two different people having two different opinions about the same subject, and i can live with that.

AGREED!
mr.baseball2012 Wrote:all you Bryan Dean(LCC) fans need to calm down a little bit. KCC will be very good this year and will have a chance to beat LCC. Don't get me wrong, Dean is a good coach,but he isn't god. He doesn't settle the game, the players do.

How dare you desecrate his holy name! I hope he brings hells wrath upon you with lightning bolts and blazing slurves! All hail Dean!
Kyboy13 Wrote:How dare you desecrate his holy name! I hope he brings hells wrath upon you with lightning bolts and blazing slurves! All hail Dean!

I hope you're just trying to be funny, but that's a little too far even for a this.
Kyboy13 Wrote:How dare you desecrate his holy name! I hope he brings hells wrath upon you with lightning bolts and blazing slurves! All hail Dean!

I think the FBI is getting ready to bring his wrath, haha!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think the FBI is getting ready to bring his wrath, haha!

NO wrath, just thought his comment was out of line.
Knott County will be fine this year

they have adams potter king slone dixon amburgey richardson mosley mullins huff and bunch of young players
ive also heard that bartrum who is a good athelete is going to be playing this year
in case u ppl didnt pay any attention to the end of last season lcc only beat kcc by a few runs and kcc put 5 or 6 runs on the board and just a reminder to all u idiots that think kcc dont have a chance against lcc that was without their new transfers
baseball18 Wrote:in case u ppl didnt pay any attention to the end of last season lcc only beat kcc by a few runs and kcc put 5 or 6 runs on the board and just a reminder to all u idiots that think kcc dont have a chance against lcc that was without their new transfers

WOW!! I can't believe that post got put on the thread? That's rediculus!!
Some of the boys on the team have issues with...A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E. As far as in games they are fine but in school they need some adjusting. I think they will be fine with a new coach.
i dont think that attitude will be a problem this year. imo some of their friends that might have their heads on a little straighter will keep them in line so they can keep playing baseball.
I talked to a guy just 2 days ago and he said that most of the JBS transfers didn't get illegible. So, what does that spell for KCC? Anyone know for sure?
Who is coaching KCC this year?
Jeter_theman Wrote:I talked to a guy just 2 days ago and he said that most of the JBS transfers didn't get illegible. So, what does that spell for KCC? Anyone know for sure?

That would really put a damper on all their predictions they have made huh?
All the jbs transfers are eligible except for blake smith
potter,king, and adams r all eligable the only one that didnt get eligable is blake smith
to bad u all heard wrong potter, king ,and adams are all eligable this year and im positive they will beat lcc or play them very close lcc will NOT walk through the district this year
gotcha2 Wrote:Who is coaching KCC this year?

Jamie Couch. He will be a fine coach for them. :Thumbs:
all of the jbs players are eligible for kcc already.. they have been eligible for a while now... but kcc will be good this year and will win a lot of games.. i have talked to couch the boys are workin hard in the weight room and gettin ready to go... season is not to far away.. can't wait to put a damper on all the talk about how kcc is goin to be so bad.... you all will see how good they will be when season starts..
Big man on campus Wrote:all of the jbs players are eligible for kcc already.. they have been eligible for a while now... but kcc will be good this year and will win a lot of games.. i have talked to couch the boys are workin hard in the weight room and gettin ready to go... season is not to far away.. can't wait to put a damper on all the talk about how kcc is goin to be so bad.... you all will see how good they will be when season starts..

I hope they are good because i don't want to have another one of these threads started. I hope they prove me and everybody else wrong i really do.
LCC has nothing to do with the thread!
Look for Richardson to step up this year for KCC
I was a freshman last year at KCC, still there, but no longer playing baseball... last year all of us gave a ton of effort and respect to Hammonds.. but we choked a lot during games. Pitching and catching killed us. No one was consistent, save Jarrod Amburgey and Zack Mullins when they could play. Our best catcher, Mullins was our best infielder too. He mostly pitched and played infield, so Anthony Smith was behind the plate, and he didn't do that great of a job honestly. Lots of passed balls and couldn't throw runners out.

Hitting wasn't our strong point either. Josh Richardson and Zack Mullins were our consistent guys.

Adams, King, and Potter will help the team out on all counts.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Im gonna list the teams they beat last season and you tell me which of those teams were descent......

Buckhorn, Owsley County, Leslie County, Shelby Valley, South Floyd (twice), Betsy Layne (twice), Cordia (twice), Magoffin County (twice), Jackson City, Riverside Christain, Knott Central.

The only team on this list that had a winning record was Jackson City and their schedule was worse than JBS's. That's not exactly a team I would want to use as an example of what I would want to achieve at.

I think Jackson City beat JBS in the first round of the All A score 5-2 .
Not only are Richardson and Mullins consistent they are also good guys
Ain't it the truth, Josh Richardson would give ya the shirt off his back
there are a lot of people on knott centrals team that are nice guys and good ball players but josh richardson is one of the nicest.