Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central this season??
lololol Wrote:Throwing helmets when you strike out isn't the stuff you do when you're in high school. Maybe if you were getting paid for it..

you dont have to be getting paid to care about how you preform.
Throwing equipment is a sign of immaturity, lack of self control, and a sign that your opponent is getting the best of you not only physically but mentally as well.

The teams that tend to win close games in the post season are usually even keeled throughout. There is a right way and a wrong way to play the game. When you throw equipment or don't hustle, you are disgracing the game.
i agree it is a sign of an immature way of handling it but its not letting your opponent get the better of you. its just handling the disappointment in your preformance the wrong way.
fanatic11 Wrote:i agree it is a sign of an immature way of handling it but its not letting your opponent get the better of you. its just handling the disappointment in your preformance the wrong way.

When does a player usually throw a piece of equipment? After an error? After giving up a home run or walking a batter? After striking out as the batter? So physically they failed at an aspect of the game of baseball, then they go and throw their cap, glove, helmet, or beat down the water cooler with a bat (and now they are mentally beaten).

Baseball is a game of FAILURE, if you are successful 3 times out of 10 at the highest level you end up in Cooperstown. I don't know too many 15-18 year olds that can show that type of emotion and then go out in the field or take their next at bat and do it at the best of their ability. It's not like they are 32 year old men that are playing a 162 game schedule.

You've got to have a short memory in baseball - whether you were successful or failed during your last repitition.
to some people failing at an aspect of the game might be letting your opponent get the better of you, but like you said baseball is a game of failure so if everytime we fail our opponent gets the better of us then we let them get the better of us a lot.
to me failing in baseball means someone didnt do things to the best of their ability. they may not get a hit everytime but if they dont they can hit the ball hard and still feel like they hit to the best of their ability. if a pitcher gives up a homerun of course they probably made a mistake and gave them a good pitch to hit.
so i guess this just comes down to some people expect better of themselves and are highly dissappointed in their preformance and others who just care that they did something wrong.
but back to the thread i dont think king or potter has an attitude problem and thats my opinion.
rawlingsfan Wrote:When does a player usually throw a piece of equipment? After an error? After giving up a home run or walking a batter? After striking out as the batter? So physically they failed at an aspect of the game of baseball, then they go and throw their cap, glove, helmet, or beat down the water cooler with a bat (and now they are mentally beaten).

Baseball is a game of FAILURE, if you are successful 3 times out of 10 at the highest level you end up in Cooperstown. I don't know too many 15-18 year olds that can show that type of emotion and then go out in the field or take their next at bat and do it at the best of their ability. It's not like they are 32 year old men that are playing a 162 game schedule.

You've got to have a short memory in baseball - whether you were successful or failed during your last repitition.

i do agree with this though you do need basically short term memory loss to play baseball.
Dawggie Wrote:News has it that Amburgey will play and be joined by Cox, Stamper, Bartrum and Ratliff. This could make the Pats a deep team.

i heard today that there might be some truth to Stamper and Cox playing anybody know if this is for sure?
Benchwarmer Wrote:How many pitchers does KCC have?

about 10 or 11
15speed_mack Wrote:about 10 or 11

they dont have 10 or 11 pitchers they got bout 8 or 9
14thregionrules Wrote:they dont have 10 or 11 pitchers they got bout 8 or 9

i dont think they have even that many. They might have 5-6 pitchers that could win a game. How should Bartrum and Amburgey not playing affect Knott Central?
fanatic11 Wrote:i dont think they have even that many. They might have 5-6 pitchers that could win a game. How should Bartrum and Amburgey not playing affect Knott Central?

its not cause they gained so some to take there place just in case this did happen
14thregionrules Wrote:its not cause they gained so some to take there place just in case this did happen

what?:confused:
fanatic11 Wrote:what?:confused:

its not gonna give them any trouble
14thregionrules Wrote:its not gonna give them any trouble

Ok i understand now. It might have helped them though. Its always good to have 2 good atheletes on your team
fanatic11 Wrote:Ok i understand now. It might have helped them though. Its always good to have 2 good atheletes on your team

yea i know but im talked to the coaches and they all have said there not worryed bout it they just wished they could had came out tho
Dawggie Wrote:News has it that Amburgey will play and be joined by Cox, Stamper, Bartrum and Ratliff. This could make the Pats a deep team.

So are any of these kids playing for the PATS?
Kyboy13 Wrote:So are any of these kids playing for the PATS?

No none of these people are playing for the Patriots this season.
all the people that get on this thread and talks good about knott has to be players on knotts team. look at there record last year they cant be much better.
knott central has been weak the last couple years but should be strong in the 2009 season
none of them boys are playing for them this year
Knott will be OK.
Educated Fan Wrote:If KCC wins beats LCC I promise I will never post on bluegrassrivals.com ever again!

From what I can tell, you all think KCC will be great because of the edition of King and Potter. They will in fact be much improved but to say they'll be district champs is simply ludacris. KCC was pitiful last year, I felt bad for them when I watched some of their games. JBS on the other hand had a decent competative team thanks to King, Potter, Kincaid, and Sparkman. Kincaid who had every RBI against LCC went to LCC, Sparkman stayed at JBS. IMO the supporting cast at JBS was better than the present one at KCC, so how does weak as water KCC win district with the addition of only two good players, when power house LCC adds one of the best hitters in the region in Kincaid? It just doesn't add up.

And if you say this thread is not related to LCC and JBS well it is cause last time I checked they're in the same region and district so if they're gonna when district like you all say then they'll have to play them.

I just remembered this post today so are you going to keep up your end of the deal??
Looking back at some of the post in this thread alot of people didnt think that KC would be very good and maybe not even break even on the season. I can understand some of the views of this and their was alot of uncertainty before the season with a new coaching staff coming in and also new players coming in. I think the KNOTT CO coaching staff should be commended for their hard work in the off season and taking kids from two schools and bringing them together as a team so early in the season. The Knott Coaching staff of COUCH and KING have alot of coaching talent between them and the future looks good for the PATS. Both of these guys really know baseball and were high school and college stars so they know what it takes to get kids to the next level. Congrats to the PATS for the big win over a very good LETCHER squad and I think these two will battle when they meet again. Letcher has a very good program for a school that has just been around a short time and Knott seems to be heading in the same direction after falling out of the picture for a few years.
kcc75 Wrote:Looking back at some of the post in this thread alot of people didnt think that KC would be very good and maybe not even break even on the season. I can understand some of the views of this and their was alot of uncertainty before the season with a new coaching staff coming in and also new players coming in. I think the KNOTT CO coaching staff should be commended for their hard work in the off season and taking kids from two schools and bringing them together as a team so early in the season. The Knott Coaching staff of COUCH and KING have alot of coaching talent between them and the future looks good for the PATS. Both of these guys really know baseball and were high school and college stars so they know what it takes to get kids to the next level. Congrats to the PATS for the big win over a very good LETCHER squad and I think these two will battle when they meet again. Letcher has a very good program for a school that has just been around a short time and Knott seems to be heading in the same direction after falling out of the picture for a few years.

This is true but most of these kids have played together since little league so that helped bring the team together even faster.
i think if you looked good, you play good. and the navy blue and red uni's with royal blue shoes and maroon helmets screams, "Apathy!"
i don't know much about KCC, but their skills last year were anything but finesse, and a couple of newcomers isn't going to turn them in the right direction right off.
LCC would have won if "The Naked Cowboys" had showed up. KCC better be prepared to get straight up raped when they play LCC on there home field.
gold_glove Wrote:LCC would have won if "The Naked Cowboys" had showed up. KCC better be prepared to get straight up raped when they play LCC on there home field.

I dont think the cowboys would have been naked it was kinda cold.
fanatic11 Wrote:I dont think the cowboys would have been naked it was kinda cold.

The Naked Cowboys are immune to cold weather. We just thought that it was gonna be a sure win. Just wait until they play at LCC. Mark my words LCC will win in 5 innings by at least 20 runs!
gold_glove Wrote:The Naked Cowboys are immune to cold weather. We just thought that it was gonna be a sure win. Just wait until they play at LCC. Mark my words LCC will win in 5 innings by at least 20 runs!

nah kcc would beat them again
Are you kidding me? Helen Keller has a better chance of beating Tiger Woods at golf than KCC beating LCC at thier field. I mean it, KCC has NO CHANCE of beating LCC at home. I would honestly bet that Ray Charles has a better chance of bowling a perfect game than KCC has of upsetting LCC at thier place.