Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top players for each team in the 57th
Money Maker Wrote:Don't worry about me or where I'm from!! This is a baseball thread. Big Grin

Oh I see , so you are not denying that the truth is not in you?Smile
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Oh I see , so you are not denying that the truth is not in you?Smile

You caught me.. shoot!! What am I gonna do now, maybe dominate again in baseball, ummmm Smile
Money Maker Wrote:You caught me.. shoot!! What am I gonna do now, maybe dominate again in baseball, ummmm Smile
Certainly because of nothing that you contributed with.Big Grin

Hey , maybe you can dominate like you did in football too.Wink
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Certainly because of nothing that you contributed with.Big Grin

Hey , maybe you can dominate like you did in football too.Wink

This isn't a football thread but we came closer to beating Belfrey this year the JC did!!! Wink
Money Maker Wrote:This isn't a football thread but we came closer to beating Belfrey this year the JC did!!! Wink
They just felt sorry for a bunch that couldn't beat a good middle school team.
Big Grin

Lets see, you were 0-11 this year and what 1-10 the year before? That's pretty impressive.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:They just felt sorry for a bunch that couldn't beat a good middle school team.
Big Grin

Lets see, you were 0-11 this year and what 1-10 the year before? That's pretty impressive.

We are on a baseball thread, which means we went to state and mercied your team this past year. You got shutdown by a freshman, how did that feel???Smile
Money Maker Wrote:We are on a baseball thread, which means we went to state and mercied your team this past year. You got shutdown by a freshman, how did that feel???Smile
Probably about the same as it did for you when you went home with your tails between your legs in '07.Smile

I've had my fun. You can carry on now with the baseball thread.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Probably about the same as it did for you when you went home with your tails between your legs in '07.Smile

I've had my fun. You can carry on now with the baseball thread.

We didn't get shut down by a freshman tho. Smile And let the thread get back on track.
Money Maker Wrote:We didn't get shut down by a freshman tho. Smile And let the thread get back on track.
Carry on " truthful one". Wink Smile
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Carry on " truthful one". Wink Smile

Carry on "Jealous one"
House of Pain Wrote:To say they are stacked again, it just shows your ignorance. Im pretty sure you are a young immature player that thinks everything will come as easy around this part of the state as it did last year. This will not be true. This lineup has talent, but to have a chance at success they have to work harder than ever.

i don't want to burst your bubble....but this lineup has a lot of talent!!!!!
Yeah and LC is going to dominate again.
whats kimballs problem.?? i guess he doesnt recognize the game of baseball very well. theres no way lc can lose as long as they have Pack on the team!
candyman Wrote:whats kimballs problem.?? i guess he doesnt recognize the game of baseball very well. theres no way lc can lose as long as they have Pack on the team!

Well said candyman. Pack is a powerhouse at the plate and in the field. So is the rest of LC's team.
IntheZone Wrote:SCHS- Cody Slone, Chris Ward, and brady horn who will be out this season with a torn acl he is trying to get another year of elgibilty tho

:thatsfunn

Brady Horn is a senior if I'm not mistaken?? I heard the only option he has is to redshirt for another senior year of eligibility :lmao:
Paintsville will have an amazing team this year.
quote "They just felt sorry for a bunch that couldn't beat a good middle school team."

I have been an aquaintance of Coach Haywood since high school and trust me on this-they didn't feel sorry for LC at all. HE was VERY impressed with the game the Dawgs gave his team. Coming from him, I found that to be quite a statement.
cross_rider Wrote:Paintsville will have an amazing team this year.
I wouldn't go that far. They have a shot to win district if some things go right but they only have two good players in Lyons and Adams. After those two players I don't see much talent. I think JC should be the favorite to win region this year. LC is going to have a good team but Shepherd can't pitch every single game, which could create a problem if the depth isn't there. Not really sure what their situation at pitcher will be.
EastKyMiner Wrote:I wouldn't go that far. They have a shot to win district if some things go right but they only have two good players in Lyons and Adams. After those two players I don't see much talent. I think JC should be the favorite to win region this year. LC is going to have a good team but Shepherd can't pitch every single game, which could create a problem if the depth isn't there. Not really sure what their situation at pitcher will be.

You better wipe the sleep from your eyes then. Paintsville will be as good as anyone defensively. Look for Brown and Spencer to have a break out year. The lefty Jackson hit 83mph last year as Freshman. After Conley I dont see much talent or pitching for JC, so sounds like JC might not be the favorite in everyones eyes.
Now What Wrote:You better wipe the sleep from your eyes then. Paintsville will be as good as anyone defensively. Look for Brown and Spencer to have a break out year. The lefty Jackson hit 83mph last year as Freshman. After Conley I dont see much talent or pitching for JC, so sounds like JC might not be the favorite in everyones eyes.
lol......on who's gun..... Those that come out of Cracker Jack boxes dont count.

Did you happen to watch any baseball at all over the last few years? I can name you quite a few pitchers. JC has their entire staff back plus Nick Vance who was injured last season. How about Jeremy Stacy, Dillon Baldwin, Chase Richardson, and Cody Parker to name a few, plus Conley. Dont look too shabby to me. Perhaps you're the one that's OD'd on sominex.

I see quite a bit of talent. This is still basicly the '07 Appleebees team, minus Fyffe, Blanton, and Haney, with everyone else now with two more years of experience under their belts.

BTW, what is the formula used in predicting breakout years? Let's see if we can get that patented.Smile

Not saying that Paintsville wont have a good year, they may very well (and I hope they do), but man, you are way out in left field with some of this stuff.
There are a lot of good players in the region. It's too tough to pick the top ones for some teams.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:lol......on who's gun..... Those that come out of Cracker Jack boxes dont count.

Did you happen to watch any baseball at all over the last few years? I can name you quite a few pitchers. JC has their entire staff back plus Nick Vance who was injured last season. How about Jeremy Stacy, Dillon Baldwin, Chase Richardson, and Cody Parker to name a few, plus Conley. Dont look too shabby to me. Perhaps you're the one that's OD'd on sominex.

I see quite a bit of talent. This is still basicly the '07 Appleebees team, minus Fyffe, Blanton, and Haney, with everyone else now with two more years of experience under their belts.

BTW, what is the formula used in predicting breakout years? Let's see if we can get that patented.Smile

Not saying that Paintsville wont have a good year, they may very well, but man, you are way out in left field.

Apple Bees gun smart mouth where was you? That comment I made about talent was sarcastic. If you read the post I quoted you would have known that. Your buddy was the one shooting off his mouth. I have seen all those kids play and I beleive the talent pool to be about even. Sorry it was 81 Grimm hit 83.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:lol......on who's gun..... Those that come out of Cracker Jack boxes dont count.

Not saying that Paintsville wont have a good year, they may very well (and I hope they do), but man, you are way out in left field with some of this stuff.

I agree with you inless there are some team that brings in some serious recruits, i think JC and LC has the region right now. One of them should win the region again, which will make twice in 3 years for one of them, i just don't think there is anybody else with the pitching that can compete with these guys. I hope Paintsville does well because they have had two very dissappointing years and they need a good year, but regardless it will stay in the 57th district this year like it always does. Maybe they should just invite the 57th district to the regional tournament and let everybody else stay at the house, haha!!
Now What Wrote:Apple Bees gun smart mouth where was you? That comment I made about talent was sarcastic. If you read the post I quoted you would have known that. Your buddy was the one shooting off his mouth. I have seen all those kids play and I beleive the talent pool to be about even.

For one thing, I think that EKYMiner is a Paintsville fan. Perhaps he is a buddy, but I just dont happen to know who he is. I didn't see anything to indicate any level of sarcasm in your post. Your statement blatantly said , and I quote" After Conley I dont see much talent or pitching for JC". What else is there to go on? Come on now, It said what it said.

Shane Grimm and Austin Lyons are the only two capable of hitting 83 last year. Been to Applebees more than once, by the way. Their readings on the scoreboard actally reads 2-3 MPH slower than a Juggs or a Stalker does in the stands in case your interested..

No need to get uptight.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I agree with you inless there are some team that brings in some serious recruits, i think JC and LC has the region right now. One of them should win the region again, which will make twice in 3 years for one of them, i just don't think there is anybody else with the pitching that can compete with these guys. I hope Paintsville does well because they have had two very dissappointing years and they need a good year, but regardless it will stay in the 57th district this year like it always does. Maybe they should just invite the 57th district to the regional tournament and let everybody else stay at the house, haha!!
Actually the 57th district has a pretty good run going on right now as far as regional championships.

'04 Johnson Central
'05 Pikeville
'06 Sheldon Clark
'07 Johnson Central
'08 Lawrence Co.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:For one thing, I think that EKYMiner is a Paintsville fan. Perhaps he is a buddy, but I just dont happen to know who he is. I didn't see anything to indicate any level of sarcasm in your post. Your statement blatantly said , and I quote" After Conley I dont see much talent or pitching for JC". What else is there to go on? Come on now, It said what it said.

Shane Grimm and Austin Lyons are the only two capable of hitting 83 last year. Been to Applebees more than once, by the way. Their readings on the scoreboard actally reads 2-3 MPH slower than a Juggs or a Stalker does in the stands in case your interested..

No need to get uptight.

No one is uptight. The post I quoted read no talent after Adams and Lyons, and also took a jabb at LC, so I took it must have been a JC fan. Only counter-punching back. As far as Jackson, what if it was 77-78? Not to shabby for a lefty, not to mention a freshman. As far as the patent remark you made, I was referring to them just not contributing but excelling. Both are utility players and better than average hitters as you already know.
Now What Wrote:No one is uptight. The post I quoted read no talent after Adams and Lyons, and also took a jabb at LC, so I took it must have been a JC fan. Only counter-punching back. As far as Jackson, what if it was 77-78? Not to shabby for a lefty, not to mention a freshman. As far as the patent remark you made, I was referring to them just not contributing but excelling. Both are utility players and better than average hitters as you already know.
For one thing velocity is way over rated, in my opinion anyways. But to answer your question, high 70's is not bad at all. Besides, groove one over the plate at 85 and it's gonna get hit just as if were coming in at 70. I'll take location and movement anyday.
Now What Wrote:No one is uptight. The post I quoted read no talent after Adams and Lyons, and also took a jabb at LC, so I took it must have been a JC fan. Only counter-punching back. As far as Jackson, what if it was 77-78? Not to shabby for a lefty, not to mention a freshman. As far as the patent remark you made, I was referring to them just not contributing but excelling. Both are utility players and better than average hitters as you already know.

It started out at 83 and now it has dwindled down to 77..????I wonder what the actual speed was?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:It started out at 83 and now it has dwindled down to 77..????I wonder what the actual speed was?

I said 81 it was Grimm that hit 83. Mr. Kimball said Apple Bees was off by 2-3 mph, so would that not put it around 77-78 ?
Jason McMontel from Paintsville is really good this year.