Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top players for each team in the 57th
cross_rider Wrote:Jason McMontel from Paintsville is really good this year.

There is no player on their roster by that name....:dontthink
cross_rider Wrote:Jason McMontel from Paintsville is really good this year.

Who is he???
He's a transfer from southern Tennessee I believe
cross_rider Wrote:He's a transfer from southern Tennessee I believe

Heard at the basketball game tonight that he hit 8 round trippers last year as a sophmore. Supposed to be a better basketball player though. From the looks of him he's around 6'3 - 200lbs or so. Big red headed kid sort of looks like a fuzzy froe Grimm.
Now What Wrote:I said 81 it was Grimm that hit 83. Mr. Kimball said Apple Bees was off by 2-3 mph, so would that not put it around 77-78 ?

:confused:
Now What Wrote:I said 81 it was Grimm that hit 83. Mr. Kimball said Apple Bees was off by 2-3 mph, so would that not put it around 77-78 ?

How about let's just end that part of the discussion before you get even more confused?
Now What Wrote:Heard at the basketball game tonight that he hit 8 round trippers last year as a sophmore. Supposed to be a better basketball player though. From the looks of him he's around 6'3 - 200lbs or so. Big red headed kid sort of looks like a fuzzy froe Grimm.

Yeah I know who you are talking about.
Hes good.
Now What Wrote:Heard at the basketball game tonight that he hit 8 round trippers last year as a sophmore. Supposed to be a better basketball player though. From the looks of him he's around 6'3 - 200lbs or so. Big red headed kid sort of looks like a fuzzy froe Grimm.

Yeah, Jason is going to be lighting it up coming into the region this year. He's going to be a big surprise being a transfer and all.
cross_rider Wrote:Yeah, Jason is going to be lighting it up coming into the region this year. He's going to be a big surprise being a transfer and all.

Why do you guys insist on posting false information? I know for a fact that there is no such a kid at Paintsville. I gave OTH a call this week and he said there was no one at that school with that name and no transfers from TN and trust me. OTH would know.
So, all this info is FALSE.

Rolleyes
Gatortater Wrote:Who is he???

talked to a coach yesterday, there is no such player, makes you wonder why someone would start something like this Rolleyes
Allie Katt Wrote:talked to a coach yesterday, there is no such player, makes you wonder why someone would start something like this Rolleyes

haha! you must be new to this site, it happens everyday, haha
my pick for the top batters that come from LC are:
Jordan Miller
Ramsey Compton
Chandler Shepherd
and Tate Banks
i must say that if cody slone and chris ward form sheldon clark will keep their heads on stright they will be two good players. also tyler todd from sheldon clark may surprise a few people over the course of the season. his brother kenneth todd was a solid player, but who knows if he will take after him or not
How about Cody Parker from Johnson Central?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:haha! you must be new to this site, it happens everyday, haha

no, actually been around a very long time, just idiocy of some people just amuse and amaze me.
Allie Katt Wrote:no, actually been around a very long time, just idiocy of some people just amuse and amaze me.

well i was just assuming that since it said you only had 29 posts, but thats cool. I think people do things like that just because they enjoy reading people argue, which is a little rediculus, but oh well I guess you can regulate every single thing. It would be nice though.
LCthug Wrote:LC has too many good players to pick a top 3 or top 5. I would go as far as saying we could repeat what we did last year with the talent we still have.

No chance of a repeat maybe in 2 years I might agree.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Actually the 57th district has a pretty good run going on right now as far as regional championships.

'04 Johnson Central
'05 Pikeville
'06 Sheldon Clark
'07 Johnson Central
'08 Lawrence Co.

Bet the 57th helped run Lawson out ot town at Pikeville. LOL:thatsfunn
Commanche Wrote:Bet the 57th helped run Lawson out ot town at Pikeville. LOL:thatsfunn
Actually Chris, IMO, helped elevate the level of play in the 57th at that time. It no longer came down to JC or Paintsville taking the regional title and it forced both schools especially JC, to kick it in an extra gear during the post season. With a little luck Pikeville could have been back to back winner's in '04 and '05 and was as a legitimate threat in '06.

I dont want to give Chris all of the credit because he too had the advantage of a good feeder program from not only Little League but from a very good summer and fall travel program. BUT, most importantly when Chris left it also created a huge void that the 15th region has yet to recover from. This region has not and may never be the same without his side kick and cultural icon, "Red Bull" Howell.:Sad04:
To everyone saying JCHS doesnt have anything on the mound after Conley, you must not watch much baseball or at least not JC. I don't know that Conley is the best Central has. you have a sophomore named Cody Parker who as a freshman went 7-1 on the mound and how about Chase Richardson. I dont want to name every pitcher on the roster but my point is they have plenty of depth on the mound.
Commanche Wrote:Bet the 57th helped run Lawson out ot town at Pikeville. LOL:thatsfunn

He was not run out of town, and baseball had nothing to do with why he's not coaching any more.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:He was not run out of town, and baseball had nothing to do with why he's not coaching any more.

Can you not take a joke? You seem to know everything about everything but lighten up a bit realize some people joke around on here. Sure glad your not a moderator or all us idiots wouldnt be allowed to post on here. Seems like Kimball took it the way it was intended.

Sorry!
Commanche Wrote:Can you not take a joke? You seem to know everything about everything but lighten up a bit realize some people joke around on here. Sure glad your not a moderator or all us idiots wouldnt be allowed to post on here. Seems like Kimball took it the way it was intended.

Sorry!

haha okay?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Actually Chris, IMO, helped elevate the level of play in the 57th at that time. It no longer came down to JC or Paintsville taking the regional title and it forced both schools especially JC, to kick it in an extra gear during the post season. With a little luck Pikeville could have been back to back winner's in '04 and '05 and was as a legitimate threat in '06.

I dont want to give Chris all of the credit because he too had the advantage of a good feeder program from not only Little League but from a very good summer and fall travel program. BUT, most importantly when Chris left it also created a huge void that the 15th region has yet to recover from. This region has not and may never be the same without his side kick and cultural icon, "Red Bull" Howell.:Sad04:

Red Bull Howell! hahahahahaha I love it!