Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tussey to resign
I agree that would be nice for Pikeville!!! A set of coaches like her and Halbert could really help Pville....Tough luck Central you lost a good coach
"Basketballer" Wrote:I agree that would be nice for Pikeville!!! A set of coaches like her and Halbert could really help Pville....Tough luck Central you lost a good coach

Between Halbert, Tussey and Rosen there are a lot of district and regional championships..That would be a good coaching staff.
I think it was all in the plan when Butcher came to PC for him to score the GBB coaching job.
Stephen Butcher will be named the new coach as soon as football season ends.
"Maui Nick" Wrote:Stephen Butcher will be named the new coach as soon as football season ends.

I agree. Barry Thompson's name is in the mix as well. I don't think he'll get the job, but he would be a good fit.
I don't think any coach they hire is gonna have an easy road..They have the talent, but controlling it is another issue..Are all of the current players even staying at PC?..I know AD Slone has yet to play in a varsity contest so she could leave and not have to worry about the transfer policy.
It is 99% a guarantee that Butcher has been hired. A meeting was held with the students this morning and the parents were invited to a meeting at the school this morning also.
Coach Tussey would be a great addition to the Pikeville coaching staff!
Facts: Coach Tussey was called into a meeting with her principal on the Thurs. before try-outs. She was told that she should have done more with her team this summer. Her team had open gym for 1 week, played in a team camp for 1 week ( with no assistant coaches helping...no one was hired at this time ) Her girls also went to various individual camps. They also told her she should have been doing open gym. She had been doing pre-season condtioning in one of here classes which she has all of her girls basketball players in. A class to help the team. Of the 15 girls she had out she had been doing weights/conditioning since the 1st day of school not to mention that 7 of these girls were playing other sports at this time and could not stay after school to do anything anyway. This was a problem they had last year.

She was told she should have won the region and state last year. He had told her he was trying to motivate her but had her crying.
On Monday that the girls were to try out...Mr. McCoy called her in again and had a letter typed up for her to sign and requested her to resign. She walked out and wouldn't sign it. Word was that she went to the board to see what they recommended and they told her it would be to her best interest to resign due to she didn't have the school support. She went for advice from her former coach who works at the board and she did what he recommended. I was also told that she gave the principal a letter to reinstate her back as the coach that she wanted to coach the girls and had only turned in a resignation due to pressure that was put on her. She never wanted to leave.

And just for the record...Mr. Crank was asked to help for the past 2 years but didn't because he was working on his college classes and basketball took up to much time. Crank was the freshmen coach for 1 year. How many practices did he have??? maybe one. How many days did he come into practice late because of his bus run....daily. Get the facts before you speak.
That's awful what they did to her! Is she going to do anything else about it?
Why then is the football coaches still in place then?
"The Observer" Wrote:Facts: Coach Tussey was called into a meeting with her principal on the Thurs. before try-outs. She was told that she should have done more with her team this summer. Her team had open gym for 1 week, played in a team camp for 1 week ( with no assistant coaches helping...no one was hired at this time ) Her girls also went to various individual camps. They also told her she should have been doing open gym. She had been doing pre-season condtioning in one of here classes which she has all of her girls basketball players in. A class to help the team. Of the 15 girls she had out she had been doing weights/conditioning since the 1st day of school not to mention that 7 of these girls were playing other sports at this time and could not stay after school to do anything anyway. This was a problem they had last year.

She was told she should have won the region and state last year. He had told her he was trying to motivate her but had her crying.
On Monday that the girls were to try out...Mr. McCoy called her in again and had a letter typed up for her to sign and requested her to resign. She walked out and wouldn't sign it. Word was that she went to the board to see what they recommended and they told her it would be to her best interest to resign due to she didn't have the school support. She went for advice from her former coach who works at the board and she did what he recommended. I was also told that she gave the principal a letter to reinstate her back as the coach that she wanted to coach the girls and had only turned in a resignation due to pressure that was put on her. She never wanted to leave.

And just for the record...Mr. Crank was asked to help for the past 2 years but didn't because he was working on his college classes and basketball took up to much time. Crank was the freshmen coach for 1 year. How many practices did he have??? maybe one. How many days did he come into practice late because of his bus run....daily. Get the facts before you speak.
Unless you are indeed Coach Tussey or were a witness to ALL of these conversations and meetings, you cannot make the statements about what transpired or what was said as being fact...it's called heresay.
sHE WAS FORCED TO RESIGN
Eddie Mccoy hired a woman named coutney mercer from east ridge for this pupose....he knew he was going to force her to resign.. Mr. Butcher is the new coach and it sucks
"pcchs_gurl1505" Wrote:Eddie Mccoy hired a woman named coutney mercer from east ridge for this pupose....he knew he was going to force her to resign.. Mr. Butcher is the new coach and it sucks

Courtney chose to come to Central because it's far less of a commute (she lives in town). That had nothing to do with any of this and she's good people.
Either way, I think this is kind of ridiculous.. I think i read in the paper that she didn't want to resign.. Granted she might not have had much control of her players, but they aren't her daughters, she can't exactly tell them what to do.. She can set an example and try to lead them, but tha'ts about as far as that goes.. Coach Tussey has done a terrific job at P.C.. and if they force her out because of one or maybe 2 bad years, then that is ridiculous. I don't know what's goin on up on the hill.. but things need to get straightened out..
To cover Tussey's PE classes

"The Observer" Wrote:Why then is the football coaches still in place then?
She is a great coach. Now that she was forced to resign I don't see what is stopping her from moving to Pikeville or Shelby Valley. I hope she continues her coaching career.