Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History of BGR
This site is a great place for us fans, players, and coaches to come and express our opinions for free, which is really rare to do these days.

QQ, you da man!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This site is a great place for us fans, players, and coaches to come and express our opinions for free, which is really rare to do these days.

QQ, you da man!

:Thumbs:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Me too.
And Me.....:letsparty
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:We will make the other site rue that this one is in existence. I love it, we are gaining a new "active" member a day it seems.

CE or one of the other Staff members, could you maybe fill us in, but it sure seems like in the last month, we have gained a tremendous amount of new members. True???
We gained around 400 new registrants in January. Many of which it seems have been high quality and allowed us to spread across the state!

Keep inviting your friends from all across the Commonwealth!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef Wrote:We gained around 400 new registrants in January. Many of which it seems have been high quality and allowed us to spread across the state!

Keep inviting your friends from all across the Commonwealth!!

Very cool.

We appreciate your dedication to the site from WV. I've noticed a few others from out of state. Are you in school or work there?
Stardust Wrote:Very cool.

We appreciate your dedication to the site from WV. I've noticed a few others from out of state. Are you in school or work there?
I'm in Virginia at school but I'm originally from Pikeville.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:OK, how many of us have been banned from the other site????

:igiveup: ME

That's how I found the place :Clap:. Funny story on why I got banned too lol O well their loss now I found a better site.

- Thanks to all who run this site and keep it going.
The people who got banned from the other site, if you don't mind saying, why did you get banned and what was your name? I have a name on there but havent been posting since I got on here.
Aslan Wrote:The people who got banned from the other site, if you don't mind saying, why did you get banned and what was your name? I have a name on there but havent been posting since I got on here.

Well I'm sure you know who I am lol.. I will tell you guys why I got banned but if a mod on here wants to delete it, Ill understand...

Well, we had a group on Facebook for the other website and I called theguru, Gayru and he read it on the facebook group and banned me from his website. I emailed him and he started mocking me basically and thats when I had enough of the site. So I was talking to some other people because I had made my own website so I could talk to the people I met on there because there was alot of cool people on there that I became friends with and one of them mentioned this site so I checked it out and here I am lol
GrizzlyAdams Wrote:Well I'm sure you know who I am lol.. I will tell you guys why I got banned but if a mod on here wants to delete it, Ill understand...

Well, we had a group on Facebook for the other website and I called theguru, Gayru and he read it on the facebook group and banned me from his website. I emailed him and he started mocking me basically and thats when I had enough of the site. So I was talking to some other people because I had made my own website so I could talk to the people I met on there because there was alot of cool people on there that I became friends with and one of them mentioned this site so I checked it out and here I am lol

Man, that is ridiculous.
Aslan Wrote:The people who got banned from the other site, if you don't mind saying, why did you get banned and what was your name? I have a name on there but havent been posting since I got on here.

My name here is the same name that I used over there. Here is what happened:

QQ PM'd me and said he had made BGR and to come join. So I did.

Well I guess TheGuru found out about BGR and since he's a ******* that only likes those who brown-nose him, he suspended/banned me from the "other" site for no reason I guess. The was no rule over there that said you couldn't join other internet message boards.

I told him that I wanted my money back and he refused to refund it to me. There was no point in filing a lawsuit since the fees would be more than the subscription to the other site.

Well, whatever. TheGuru is pretty much just a little girl that couldn't take the fact that other sites than his exist. He's an ***, that's really all there is to it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:My name here is the same name that I used over there. Here is what happened:

QQ PM'd me and said he had made BGR and to come join. So I did.

Well I guess TheGuru found out about BGR and since he's a ******* that only likes those who brown-nose him, he suspended/banned me from the "other" site for no reason I guess. The was no rule over there that said you couldn't join other internet message boards.

I told him that I wanted my money back and he refused to refund it to me. There was no point in filing a lawsuit since the fees would be more than the subscription to the other site.

Well, whatever. TheGuru is pretty much just a little girl that couldn't take the fact that other sites than his exist. He's an ***, that's really all there is to it.

Amen!
This site is ten times better than that "other" site. That site is run like your average rent-a-cop who likes to see how many violations he can write to make himself look important. That site is losing a lot of good people, as it should. Great job on this site though guys, and thanks.
jetpilot Wrote:This site is ten times better than that "other" site. That site is run like your average rent-a-cop who likes to see how many violations he can write to make himself look important. That site is losing a lot of good people, as it should. Great job on this site though guys, and thanks.

Let's make sure we get the ones that are posting anyplace else to at least register here. It's been a goal of mine to blast my own adverstisement of BGR to as many people as possible. I have a flyer in a couple of the librarys that I frequent, grocerie store, the gym that I work out at and on the wall at the sports hall that I play basketball on Sunday nights.

I have made a nice looking flyer that I designed to have tearaway "tags" that has the webaddress. For anyone interested, please PM me with an Email. Or, it the staff would be interested in seeing (I don't want the staff to fhink something unprofessional is being posted), would like to manage this process, I would be more than happy to forward the advertisement to them or attempt to put it on one of our "know how" threads".
Stardust Wrote:Let's make sure we get the ones that are posting anyplace else to at least register here. It's been a goal of mine to blast my own adverstisement of BGR to as many people as possible. I have a flyer in a couple of the librarys that I frequent, grocerie store, the gym that I work out at and on the wall at the sports hall that I play basketball on Sunday nights.

I have made a nice looking flyer that I designed to have tearaway "tags" that has the webaddress. For anyone interested, please PM me with an Email. Or, it the staff would be interested in seeing (I don't want the staff to fhink something unprofessional is being posted), would like to manage this process, I would be more than happy to forward the advertisement to them or attempt to put it on one of our "know how" threads".

Well, I can pretty much guarentee there will be more people coming from the other site that are really cool people. And even better they are from NKY:Thumbs:
GrizzlyAdams Wrote:Well, I can pretty much guarentee there will be more people coming from the other site that are really cool people. And even better they are from NKY:Thumbs:

I didn't want to say that, but glad you did :Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:I didn't want to say that, but glad you did :Thumbs:

What's wrong with us HILL FOLK?? LOL:Clap:
allseasonfan Wrote:What's wrong with us HILL FOLK?? LOL:Clap:

Excuse me, I preferred to be called an Appalachian American. Big Grin
allseasonfan Wrote:What's wrong with us HILL FOLK?? LOL:Clap:

Jshort5 Wrote:Excuse me, I preferred to be called an Appalachian American. Big Grin

Y'all talk funny :Clap: JK
Anything North of Lexington ain't really Kentucky anyway!!!! big LOL!!!!!!
allseasonfan Wrote:Anything North of Lexington ain't really Kentucky anyway!!!! big LOL!!!!!!

When they coined the term God's country for Kentucky, the meant that the top of the state is like heaven, the bottom, well..... Big Grin lol
allseasonfan Wrote:Anything North of Lexington ain't really Kentucky anyway!!!! big LOL!!!!!!

Stardust Wrote:When they coined the term God's country for Kentucky, the meant that the top of the state is like heaven, the bottom, well..... Big Grin lol

Actually, on the other site, talk like this would be a supension for speaking ill of someone elses area: "That will be $10 to be reinstated".....
Stardust Wrote:Actually, on the other site, talk like this would be a supension for speaking ill of someone elses area: "That will be $10 to be reinstated".....

I've never been on the other site but by the way you all talk there all about the money.
Jshort5 Wrote:Excuse me, I preferred to be called an Appalachian American. Big Grin

Id prefer RedNeck..lol
I'm a holler rat and proud.
TATE_64 Wrote:You're user # 12.......:Thumbs:
OK, I'm trying to figure out how you found that. I've been looking for an hour trying to find out what number I am lol.

Anyways, I've been here since day one and will always be here. Greatest site in the world, bar none. I was also one of the lucky ones who got asked from the other site to join this one and it has been gravy ever since.
BCF4L Wrote:OK, I'm trying to figure out how you found that. I've been looking for an hour trying to find out what number I am lol.

Anyways, I've been here since day one and will always be here. Greatest site in the world, bar none. I was also one of the lucky ones who got asked from the other site to join this one and it has been gravy ever since.

Haha, You are number 18....Big Grin

Actually, if you move the mouse over to someones name, down at the bottom of the browser will be some letters and numbers( I guess its what you are getting ready to load or click).... The last numbers will be u= and that is your user number..... I am number 446.......

it will actually say http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/member.php?u=446

It is down there where it says done when you load a site....

Hope this helps....lol

also when you click on someones profile, and load their page it will show it up top where you type in the web address...
I am #25
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Never knew the History of BlueGrassRivals.

But, I'm glad this site has been created!

Thank you QQ!!!!
BGR might as well be my second home, I love it by far the best site on the internet IMO. I remember the days when everyone was racing to see who could hit 1000 posts first lol