•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 51 - Perry Co. Central 48 OT (14th Region Championship)
ARC Wrote:Aaron Charles - Lee
Jeremy Congleton - Breathitt
Chris Hoover - Estill
Dylan Hayes - Wolfe
Brandon Campbell - Wolfe
Josh Profitt - LCC
Klay Maggard - PCC
Tyler Mullins - PCC
Jordan Amis - PCC
Justin Jones - Hazard
Josh Whitaker - Hazard
Josh Kidd - Hazard
Robert Warren - Hazard (MVP)

If there were others someone else please post - these were the only ones present...but I could have missed absentees- not sure.

Stuart Stamper KCC unable to attend due to illness.
Congrats to Hazard
Very nice effort by both teams, I applaud both of you for representing your schools well. The fans were great as usual, perfect atmosphere for a basketball game. Thought the PHANTOM GOALTENDING call was made up, but other than that, the officials were bad on both ends. Thought the key to this game was KIDD, from Hazard. He really stepped up and came alive tonight and I don't think that Perry or anyone for that matter counted on his double digits to lift the Dogs to the title. In my opinion, he was the MVP last night, Warren was definitely for the total tourney, but no one was bigger than Kidd last night. Congrats again to both teams for a well played game and good luck to the Dogs at Rupp, hope to see you on Saturday morning with wins over West Jessimine and Adair County.
good job hazard but what a season by the commodores on there season you got to give them some credit for what they done good luck in state dawgs but i love my dores tho
Goal Tending Call Made Up? It Was Ovious Mullins Was Up In The Rim. The Reffing Was Excellent
ARC Wrote:Hazard 51 Perry Co. Central 48 (OT)

Perry Co. Central 9 10 10 10 9 48

Hazard 10 13 8 8 12 51

14th Region at Powell Co.
Perry Co. Central (25-6) -- Maggard 17, Mullins 8, Noble 5, D.Amis 1, J.Amis 17.
Hazard (26-8) -- Jones 4, Warren 7, Whitaker 8, Kidd 13, Combs 7, Martin 8, Back 4.

Whitaker one field goal (a three) and 5 free throws. I'll repeat what I said earlier - if Cox and Stamper and Whitaker are major D1, then Jordan Amis is ready for the NBA.

None are major D1. None are even D1. I think they may play at some level, but even at some level is to be determined. I think Cox has the best chance of playing and succeeding at the college level, but none will be D1.
Congrats to Hazard and to big Al.Two great coaches that is what basketball in the mountians is all about.
Mosley21 Wrote:Goal Tending Call Made Up? It Was Ovious Mullins Was Up In The Rim. The Reffing Was Excellent

the you are one of only two in the whole gym that seen that and it was also obvious that whitaker went over and back 5 seconds before that Confusedhh:
Well, my call on this game was wrong. But the team was right!
Good luck at State Dawgs!

also, why were the perry fans so dumb after the game? :lmao:
boogieman Wrote:I thought Aslan said the road to Rupp ran thru PCC, I guess it just stays on 15 and don't take no detours. Where is Aslan anyway, he didn't even congratulate the dawgs. Come on be a man, even King 360 was man enough to say congrats. I keep tellin you guys that the best team don't always win, but you act like I don't know nothin and don't listen.

Actually, it is the road to Rupp runs through Perry. And the saying means that a team from Perry County, including Hazard, usually wins the 14th region.

Another classic battle between these two. Congrats Dawgs. Good luck at state. Congrats Dores on a great season.
Wow!!! Could you have asked for a better game?
Both teams played great and really gave it everything they had. This game was a classic and will be remembered for a while!
I think Chris Noble proved he was the best defender in the region, holding Whitaker to what, 7 points? Whitaker didnt play with the confidence he has been playing with all year and alot of credit has to be given to Chris.
Like I said, Klay would get his, but what about the rest of the team. Jordan played great and I think proved once again, hes the most underated player in the region. The rest of the team had a combined 14 points. boooo!
Klay hit some cluthe fts to put the game into overtime.
The goaltenting call was absoutley rediculas! Not even close. But I'm not going to make up excuses bc it didnt cost us the game tho, could have. Hazard beat us, not the refs.
The difference in ot, was...Hazard hit there fts and Perry didnt. Like someone said earlier, Hazard was fresher.
They was abunch of fights after the game and it was just pure chaos. I love bball as much as the next person, and was wanting Perry to win just as much as any of PCC fan...but its nothing to fight about. Theres alot more important things in life than a ball game.
Congrats Klay and Deron on great careers at PCC!
Rep the 14th region well at Rupp, Hazard!
zulu Wrote:Congrats to the Dawgs! Best team in Eastern KY

Imo, You'd have to rank them behind, SV and Elliott.
Both teams played very hard. Hate to see one lose but the is the nature of the game. Good luck in the state.
ARC Wrote:Hazard 51 Perry Co. Central 48 (OT)

Perry Co. Central 9 10 10 10 9 48

Hazard 10 13 8 8 12 51

14th Region at Powell Co.
Perry Co. Central (25-6) -- Maggard 17, Mullins 8, Noble 5, D.Amis 1, J.Amis 17.
Hazard (26-8) -- Jones 4, Warren 7, Whitaker 8, Kidd 13, Combs 7, Martin 8, Back 4.

Whitaker one field goal (a three) and 5 free throws. I'll repeat what I said earlier - if Cox and Stamper and Whitaker are major D1, then Jordan Amis is ready for the NBA.

I agree with ya.
Hazard didnt have a player in double digits.
Overrated Wrote:Dang, I called this game right on the money, HHS by 3 In OT. Really good game, Glad to see Warren get the MVP, He deserved it. Good Luck at State Hazard!!!:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :rockon: :rockon:

Good call :thumpsup:
Overrated Wrote:Oh by the way, REAL NICE put back Dunk by Jones.

That was very nice, gotta give him that!
boogieman Wrote:I thought Aslan said the road to Rupp ran thru PCC, I guess it just stays on 15 and don't take no detours. Where is Aslan anyway, he didn't even congratulate the dawgs. Come on be a man, even King 360 was man enough to say congrats. I keep tellin you guys that the best team don't always win, but you act like I don't know nothin and don't listen.

Well this is the 1st chance I've had to get on here.
I said the road to Rupp runs through PERRY COUNTY. Perry & Hazard.
I did congrat the dogs.
The best team won region, Perry wasent far behind tho.
House Wrote:Actually, it is the road to Rupp runs through Perry. And the saying means that a team from Perry County, including Hazard, usually wins the 14th region.

Another classic battle between these two. Congrats Dawgs. Good luck at state. Congrats Dores on a great season.

Thank you, House.
Look again Asian, Josh Kidd came off the bench and gave a great performance and scored 13 points on our way to a victory over a well represented PCC team!

Go Bulldogs! Good luck at Rupp!
divadawg Wrote:Look again Asian, Josh Kidd came off the bench and gave a great performance and scored 13 points on our way to a victory over a well represented PCC team!

Go Bulldogs! Good luck at Rupp!

My bad! I didnt see it!
Josh played well, and is a good guy!
:thumpsup:
Mosley21 Wrote:Goal Tending Call Made Up? It Was Ovious Mullins Was Up In The Rim. The Reffing Was Excellent

Obvious to who, just you and Mr. Tony Gray, that was it! The only thing possible there that could of been called was Basket Interference because someone's hand was touching the net, and if you watch the replay, it was Martins hand from Hazard not Mullins, so he guessed and missed it and cost a team the game. Because instead of Perry going down to score to try to tie to force OT, they would of been scoring for the win in regulation. And what happened to the Official under the basket who was calling a foul on Hazard on the same play??? guess that got forgot about after the Interference call. Perry missed to many free throws that would of over come any of this anyways, but it's just the point, guys going to the state tourney to call shouldn't blow calls like this, and the over and back call that was missed on Whitaker, give me a break. Wow, was that Gray again??

And Could someone shed a little light on whether or not he actually has a son that plays Football for Eastern Kentucky University.:popcorn:
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Obvious to who, just you and Mr. Tony Gray, that was it! The only thing possible there that could of been called was Basket Interference because someone's hand was touching the net, and if you watch the replay, it was Martins hand from Hazard not Mullins, so he guessed and missed it and cost a team the game. Because instead of Perry going down to score to try to tie to force OT, they would of been scoring for the win in regulation. And what happened to the Official under the basket who was calling a foul on Hazard on the same play??? guess that got forgot about after the Interference call. Perry missed to many free throws that would of over come any of this anyways, but it's just the point, guys going to the state tourney to call shouldn't blow calls like this, and the over and back call that was missed on Whitaker, give me a break. Wow, was that Gray again??

And Could someone shed a little light on whether or not he actually has a son that plays Football for Eastern Kentucky University.:popcorn:

I agree, the goaltending call was garbage, noway around it.
Sometimes championship team have to overcome bad calls like that and Perry couldnt hit there fts in ot.
Aslan Wrote:Well this is the 1st chance I've had to get on here.
I said the road to Rupp runs through PERRY COUNTY. Perry & Hazard.
I did congrat the dogs.
The best team won region, Perry wasent far behind tho.

Best team still didn't win, but they are better than PCC.
My question to the Hazard faithful is why dont Hazard get the ball to the big Jones boy down low more? He would be almost unstoppable if they would get him the ball more down low. And why dont BACK play any defense? Guys 5'8 are usually guys that bust their ***** out there and give it their all. Back acts all nonchalant on defense, he stands strait up even when he was guarding Amis. Why didnt back get in Amis's grill and D him up better than he did? Its not like Amis is going to pull up and shoot a 15 foot jumper if Back missed going for a steal. Its a lay up or nothing for Amis, or an occasional set shot. Hazard may of got the win but they relied on Whitaker WAY to much last night. I gotta give props to Whitaker for stepping up and carrying the team on his shoulders though. He worked his butt off handling the ball like he did. Another question, where was TYLER MULLINS in the second half?????? He didnt touch the ball. That guy is way to athletic not to taking any more shots than he did last night. He could of dunked 4 or 5 times the first half probably and shot layups instead. I was very impressed with his athletic ability. But he needs to finish better. That was a great game though, I really enjoyed it. Great rivalry.
Congrats Hazard and good luck in the state tournament.
boogieman Wrote:Best team still didn't win, but they are better than PCC.

So your still tring to say KCC is the best team? Wow.

Get over it already boogieman. Hazard, Perry AND Letcher beat Knott in the end. If Knott was the superior team that never would have happened. So get over it and look forward to next year. This thread has nothing to do with KCC anyway.

Quit tryint to say that the best team did'nt win..If Knott was going to State right now they would be the best team..i mean..they did'nt even win their district..so they were probably the 4th best team in the region tourney

Seriously..... If you are really trying to say Knott is as good as either of these teams you are a joke. Knott lost district and went out first round of region.... Letcher was even better then them in the end.
If anything can be said about last nights officiating it was a fair game called equally on both ends. In light of the Whitaker play at the time line, this was not a violation, as Whitaker never established possession before crossing backcourt. Finally, on the controversy play at the rim, most of the fans are correct, it was not a goal tending or basket inference. However, what fans don't realize and I'm sure the KHSAA and the 12th region officials will come to realize is that a technical foul occurred. According to NFHSA rules of basketball, a player cannot slam or shake the backboard in attempt to interfere with a shot attempt, thus resulting in a technical foul. Being there close to the court, it was obvious the smack by Mullins dislodged the backboard, and regardless if the shot was going in or not, the technical should've been assessed, giving Hazard two free throws and the ball at mid-court. Although the right call may not have been administered, Perry fans should not look back at this play with anger towards the officials as in all reality, they caught a break on this call.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next