Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best players in the 55th
Guy's, you are talking about an eigth grader that obviously has alot of talent, but let's not put so much pressure on a kid this young. Let him play and enjoy the game. Baseball is a great game that kid's this young should be able to enjoy without having this kind of pressure placed on them. Let this young man mature because you guys are acting like an eigth grader has to carry a whole team and that is far too much pressure to place on a kid this young. I am sure he is going to have good games and bad games and if he is hitting over.500 at this point with that many RBI's then that is tremendous, but he doesn't need to feel the pressure to stay at that pace. If he does, GREAT, if he doesn't, so what, after all he is an eigth grader. He still has four more years ahead of him.
slugger35 Wrote:Guy's, you are talking about an eigth grader that obviously has alot of talent, but let's not put so much pressure on a kid this young. Let him play and enjoy the game. Baseball is a great game that kid's this young should be able to enjoy without having this kind of pressure placed on them. Let this young man mature because you guys are acting like an eigth grader has to carry a whole team and that is far too much pressure to place on a kid this young. I am sure he is going to have good games and bad games and if he is hitting over.500 at this point with that many RBI's then that is tremendous, but he doesn't need to feel the pressure to stay at that pace. If he does, GREAT, if he doesn't, so what, after all he is an eigth grader. He still has four more years ahead of him.

Great post, I was not trying to put any extra pressure on this young man. I am just very impressed with his ability and got a little over zealous. You are right, he should not feel as though he has to carry a team or continue to put up these kind of numbers as an eigth grader, but if he does, wow, what an accomplishment. So, I will say this to the young man if he reads any of this, just keep playing and have fun doing it.
Yes, I agree, Creech should not feel any pressure at all, and my post here were not intended to do that at all. I am just very impressed with his ability at such a young age.
class of 2001 Wrote:I can't speak for jr92, but the "former player," if he is telling the truth, is only a year or two older than I am. I've been around the school and players for several years and know what is going on. If you, as you have said before, do not get a chance to watch Wolfe County play because your son plays for Powell, how the heck do you know what is going on from a distance???? How do you know about Wolfe's great feeder program that produces tons of great players that you suggest that they do????? How do you even know a single thing about Mr. Potter if you haven't watched Wolfe play, other than listening to others obvious biased opinions????

Being a teacher in the school system for awhile now, I see and know a few things you possibly cannot know. Do you realize that last year, when little league sign-ups were announced, OUT OF THE ENTIRE COUNTY a grand total of 13 kids showed up???????? And that, after three sign-ups and allowing 13 year olds to play, 40 kids made up 4 teams in the league??? And many games were cancelled because there were not enough kids to field a team on a given day?

Do you realize that, in 2002, with the high school baseball program in shambles, NO ONE wanted the baseball coaches position?

Mr. Potter took the job when he was asked to do so, with NO prior experience, because he was asked to do so, and no one else wanted to.

Fast forward a few years. Mr. Potter, who himself admitted that he would have liked to spent a few years as an assistant, but never had the chance, is starting to put a decent team on the field. Wolfe now has a very nice new ballfield. Now, it seems someone is trying to have Mr. Potter removed. Funny how no one cared three years ago. They probably didn't have to spend all day sweeping water off the old community center field and shoveling sand to try to dry the field out, basically putting in a good days work, so that the team could get shelled that afternoon.

BTW, I am not an assistant coach. Just a former athlete from Wolfe county who hates to see its sports slammed from someone in another county show is seemingly "in the know" about Wolfe County. And while I am not going to give away anything about myself, you may or may not even have the GENDER correct about me, I will say Mrs. Potter was NOT in the class of 2001!
As to your question about how I know about Wolfe County baseball, are you forgetting that it has not been that long ago since you guys were in our district. I also know many of the former players and quite a few of the current players. In fact I have seen several of the current players down here at some of our games this year. So, that answers that. Also, did you not have that same field in 1998 when they came down here and won a very tough District championship on our home field? I think so. I also know many of those players as well and the program according to them was run much different with the coaches they had then and it showed on the field. This District is far tougher than the one you are in now. Those guys went through us the first night and then Regional power house Lee County to win the championship. So, don't blame the field because I am sure those guys went through the same struggles since it was the same field. As I said earlier, I hope you guys keep Mr. Potter. By the way, you never did tell me if he played COLLEGE BASEBALL or not. or how much did he play in high school. What exactly are his qualifications?Since you refuse to answer these questions, I have to assume that he played no COLLEGE BASEBALL and very little high school baseball.
PCBaseball Wrote:As to your question about how I know about Wolfe County baseball, are you forgetting that it has not been that long ago since you guys were in our district. I also know many of the former players and quite a few of the current players. In fact I have seen several of the current players down here at some of our games this year. So, that answers that. Also, did you not have that same field in 1998 when they came down here and won a very tough District championship on our home field? I think so. I also know many of those players as well and the program according to them was run much different with the coaches they had then and it showed on the field. This District is far tougher than the one you are in now. Those guys went through us the first night and then Regional power house Lee County to win the championship. So, don't blame the field because I am sure those guys went through the same struggles since it was the same field. As I said earlier, I hope you guys keep Mr. Potter. By the way, you never did tell me if he played COLLEGE BASEBALL or not. or how much did he play in high school. What exactly are his qualifications?Since you refuse to answer these questions, I have to assume that he played no COLLEGE BASEBALL and very little high school baseball.
Great post.
Spider Monkey Wrote:I would have to say
Ritchie from Breathitt has not had much since his freshman year but has put alot on his hitting
Lawson from Breathitt is a fast kid for Breathitt and hits well. He is good behind the plate as well
Terry from Breathitt is a fast outfeilder that is a good lead off hitter for Breathitt
Hayes from Jackson City does well for Jackson, he hits excallant out of his postion and pitches good.
Goeff from Jackson City is also a good player he effictifly plays his position leting very little go by and he also pitches well

out of the young people
Dylan Creech is ok for wolfe, he tries putting to much on his fastball and is good behind the plate.
Alex Hamilton is well for Breathitt, he has some good gas for and 8th grader and was rarded in the upper 70's and is coming along with his hitting.
Ryan Cox has stepped up as well, he is batting second for Breathitt and is playing good at second base.
I have heard some good things on Cox and Hamilton, what grade are they in?
class of 2001 Wrote:I can't speak for jr92, but the "former player," if he is telling the truth, is only a year or two older than I am. I've been around the school and players for several years and know what is going on. If you, as you have said before, do not get a chance to watch Wolfe County play because your son plays for Powell, how the heck do you know what is going on from a distance???? How do you know about Wolfe's great feeder program that produces tons of great players that you suggest that they do????? How do you even know a single thing about Mr. Potter if you haven't watched Wolfe play, other than listening to others obvious biased opinions????

Being a teacher in the school system for awhile now, I see and know a few things you possibly cannot know. Do you realize that last year, when little league sign-ups were announced, OUT OF THE ENTIRE COUNTY a grand total of 13 kids showed up???????? And that, after three sign-ups and allowing 13 year olds to play, 40 kids made up 4 teams in the league??? And many games were cancelled because there were not enough kids to field a team on a given day?

Do you realize that, in 2002, with the high school baseball program in shambles, NO ONE wanted the baseball coaches position?

Mr. Potter took the job when he was asked to do so, with NO prior experience, because he was asked to do so, and no one else wanted to.

Fast forward a few years. Mr. Potter, who himself admitted that he would have liked to spent a few years as an assistant, but never had the chance, is starting to put a decent team on the field. Wolfe now has a very nice new ballfield. Now, it seems someone is trying to have Mr. Potter removed. Funny how no one cared three years ago. They probably didn't have to spend all day sweeping water off the old community center field and shoveling sand to try to dry the field out, basically putting in a good days work, so that the team could get shelled that afternoon.

BTW, I am not an assistant coach. Just a former athlete from Wolfe county who hates to see its sports slammed from someone in another county show is seemingly "in the know" about Wolfe County. And while I am not going to give away anything about myself, you may or may not even have the GENDER correct about me, I will say Mrs. Potter was NOT in the class of 2001!
I love the way you like to question everyone's integrity. That's what you do when you have a losing argument, and in this case, you do. By the way, the weather was absolutely beautiful Saturday and Sunday, did our boys play or practice either day? If not, then there is no way you can continue to take up for this guy.
PCBaseball Wrote:As to your question about how I know about Wolfe County baseball, are you forgetting that it has not been that long ago since you guys were in our district. I also know many of the former players and quite a few of the current players. In fact I have seen several of the current players down here at some of our games this year. So, that answers that. Also, did you not have that same field in 1998 when they came down here and won a very tough District championship on our home field? I think so. I also know many of those players as well and the program according to them was run much different with the coaches they had then and it showed on the field. This District is far tougher than the one you are in now. Those guys went through us the first night and then Regional power house Lee County to win the championship. So, don't blame the field because I am sure those guys went through the same struggles since it was the same field. As I said earlier, I hope you guys keep Mr. Potter. By the way, you never did tell me if he played COLLEGE BASEBALL or not. or how much did he play in high school. What exactly are his qualifications?Since you refuse to answer these questions, I have to assume that he played no COLLEGE BASEBALL and very little high school baseball.

What difference does it make whether he played COLLEGE baseball or not? He's coaching a HIGH SCHOOL team! And BTW, from what I have heard, he was actually a pretty decent high school baseball player in his time.

And now, a few words about the 1998 baseball team, in which you like to use to "prove" Wolfe County simply puts out TONS of great baseball players and the current coach simply does not know what do do with them. That was a GREAT baseball team! The handful of us in the county that actually care about baseball are proud of them. They did themselves proud, to say the least.

Reality being what it is, that team was simply the exception to the rule, just as the 2006 team, the 1982 team, and a small handful of other teams in the county has been over the past 40 years. Sad as it is, the reality is, Wolfe County simply does not produce enough good baseball players to have a good team on a consistant basis. One good team does not a dynasty nor a great coach make. It takes years for this to happen, and sadly, this has not happend to Wolfe County.

That fact that Wolfe County's feeder system shut down and the decline of the high school team during the late 90's/early 2000 happened at the same time shows the two events DO go hand in hand.
Ridgerunner Wrote:I love the way you like to question everyone's integrity. That's what you do when you have a losing argument, and in this case, you do. By the way, the weather was absolutely beautiful Saturday and Sunday, did our boys play or practice either day? If not, then there is no way you can continue to take up for this guy.

I haven't questioned anyone's intergrity other than yours.

Simply pointed out facts that show there is no way you played for Mr. Potter for four years. If you really did, you should be able to dispute what I am saying.

Having said that, you didn't play for Mr. Potter for four years "without missing a game or a practice".

I know that.

You know it, as well.

I seriously doubt that you played for Mr. Potter for four years PERIOD!

Wolfe has had over ten games rained out so far this year. You keep hammering away that they should play on Saturday. Maybe they should. That one thing is NOT the underlying cause for Wolfe County not being able to be a highly successful baseball team. I really hate to disappoint you on this. The great and might Powell County team, which plays on Saturday, has only played a couple of games more than Wolfe has at this point. And I really wish the two teams could get together and play this year. I am not so sure that Powell would walk off with them as most here would think, being Powell plays on Saturdays and Wolfe does not.

Please, drop the playing on Saturday argument, I will take that up with you on a later date if you wish, if you will address the other points I bring up that you for some reason you chose to ignore.
class of 2001 Wrote:I haven't questioned anyone's intergrity other than yours.

Simply pointed out facts that show there is no way you played for Mr. Potter for four years. If you really did, you should be able to dispute what I am saying.

Having said that, you didn't play for Mr. Potter for four years "without missing a game or a practice".

I know that.

You know it, as well.

Wolfe has had over ten games rained out so far this year. You keep hammering away that they should play on Saturday. Maybe they should. That one thing is NOT the underlying cause for Wolfe County not being able to be a highly successful baseball team. I really hate to disappoint you on this. The great and might Powell County team, which plays on Saturday, has only played a couple of games more than Wolfe has at this point. And I really wish the two teams could get together and play this year. I am not so sure that Powell would walk off with them as most here would think, being Powell plays on Saturdays and Wolfe does not.

Please, drop the playing on Saturday argument, I will take that up with you on a later date if you wish, if you will address the other points I bring up that you for some reason you chose to ignore.
Just so you know, we have played 14 games so far this season, one of which does not show on the scoreboard because it was against a team from Tenn. So, if the scoreboard is right, we have played 5 more games than you guys have. WE have had rain out as well, but I will give Varney credit for this, he is constantly on the phone and by the end of the year we will be very close to getting our 36 games in even with all the rain.
class of 2001 Wrote:I haven't questioned anyone's intergrity other than yours.

I know that.

You know it, as well.

I am not going to argue with you about the 4 years I played for Mr. Potter because I know who my coach was. As for you comment about Powell playing on Saturday's, it is not just Powell that plays on Saturday. Look at Morgan,Hazard, Perry, Montgomery and on and on. I ask the question, did we play or practice on Saturday or Sunday and has the team practiced on any Saturday or Sunday the entire season? If not, then why? You need to take advantage of every dry day you possibly can because a high baseball season is short and if a coach is not willing to do that and put in the work then how can the team be ready to play.
PCBaseball Wrote:Just so you know, we have played 14 games so far this season, one of which does not show on the scoreboard because it was against a team from Tenn. So, if the scoreboard is right, we have played 5 more games than you guys have. WE have had rain out as well, but I will give Varney credit for this, he is constantly on the phone and by the end of the year we will be very close to getting our 36 games in even with all the rain.

Have Coach Varney give Coach Potter a call if he is looking for games. Coach Potter is trying hard to reschedule the 12 games he has had rained out so far this year, but, while I can't speak for him, I feel confident that he would play you guys if he can work it into his schedule.

You seem to think that Coach Potter does not want to play games, but I know he is working hard to try ot make up these rainouts. Don't be surprised if Wolfe plays another 20 games before the end of the year if weather permits.

Having said that, I really dont think that "weather will permit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Springtime sports in KY. are at a disadvantage compared to other sports.
jr92 Wrote:Have Coach Varney give Coach Potter a call if he is looking for games. Coach Potter is trying hard to reschedule the 12 games he has had rained out so far this year, but, while I can't speak for him, I feel confident that he would play you guys if he can work it into his schedule.

You seem to think that Coach Potter does not want to play games, but I know he is working hard to try ot make up these rainouts. Don't be surprised if Wolfe plays another 20 games before the end of the year if weather permits.

Having said that, I really dont think that "weather will permit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Springtime sports in KY. are at a disadvantage compared to other sports.
The best thing to do is to have coach Potter to call Varney directly and try to get that accomplished. By the way, I hope you guys do get another 20 games in or more because those kids deserve to play as much as they can because four years go by very fast and for most of them, they will never play an organized game of baseball again.
33sharpshooter33 Wrote:ok my child played with creech on his traveling team. and saying that he can only hit certain people is a big line of bull. Ive seen the kid hit guys trowing 85 and thats when he was 13 and hit them hard. he is by now means the best player n the region but he will be next year once freeman from estil and napier from perry are gone. You dont hit 600 and just be able to hit certain guys. also as far as his dad goes he is the reason why he is so great. the only thing that hurts creech is his tempure he wants to hit the ball great everytime and is upset if he dosent. but he is getting better at controling it now that he is starting to relize that no one hits it great everytime.

Great quote, I witnessed it for myself.
33sharpshooter33 Wrote:ok my child played with creech on his traveling team. and saying that he can only hit certain people is a big line of bull. Ive seen the kid hit guys trowing 85 and thats when he was 13 and hit them hard. he is by now means the best player n the region but he will be next year once freeman from estil and napier from perry are gone. You dont hit 600 and just be able to hit certain guys. also as far as his dad goes he is the reason why he is so great. the only thing that hurts creech is his tempure he wants to hit the ball great everytime and is upset if he dosent. but he is getting better at controling it now that he is starting to relize that no one hits it great everytime.

Guys, can anyone tell me what Creech's numbers are at this point in the season? Also, who won the game between Wolfe and Breathitt tonight, and what did Creech do?
Ridgerunner Wrote:Guys, can anyone tell me what Creech's numbers are at this point in the season? Also, who won the game between Wolfe and Breathitt tonight, and what did Creech do?

I don't know what his numbers for the year are, but I heard he went 4 for 4 last night in a 4-3 loss.
Guys, the last thing you need to be doing on a public forum is bashing high school coaches.
slugger35 Wrote:Guys, the last thing you need to be doing on a public forum is bashing high school coaches.

I am not trying to bash anyone as you put it. I was just simply stating my opinion which is what I thought we were all free to do here in America.
slugger35 Wrote:Guys, the last thing you need to be doing on a public forum is bashing high school coaches.
If your comment was aimed at me, I have said many times, if you bothered to read all of my post, that I like the man, but just don't think he is a good baseball coach. That is my opinion, what is wrong with me stating that? I never questioned his honesty or character.
im sorry but i dont think creech is better than ritchie. dokota throws harder one thing ritchie hits harder and further creech throws mid 70s ritchie throw 80s terry is the best center fielder in 14th plus 55th and terry hits the ball every time up at the plate
bobcats27 Wrote:im sorry but i dont think creech is better than ritchie. dokota throws harder one thing ritchie hits harder and further creech throws mid 70s ritchie throw 80s terry is the best center fielder in 14th plus 55th and terry hits the ball every time up at the plate

Like I said earlier show me the numbers and let us compare them. Has Ritchie ever hit over .300 in a high school season? I know when we faced them here at Powell last year that he can't hit the curve ball and I know for a fact that Creech can. Ritchie is a nice player but all the numbers say that Creech is the best. I've seen them both play and I will take the Creech kid by far.
Travis Terry - Breathitt
Dakota Ritchie - Breathitt
Dylan Creech - Breathitt
Gentry Hayes - Jackson City
Numbers don't always reflect the value of a player. Especially if the stats are provided by family members and not coaches. One player may have better avg. but not be the best defender, thrower, catcher, leader on the team. Just depends on what you think is most important, IMO.
mandan Wrote:Numbers don't always reflect the value of a player. Especially if the stats are provided by family members and not coaches. One player may have better avg. but not be the best defender, thrower, catcher, leader on the team. Just depends on what you think is most important, IMO.

I listened to the game Friday evening between Wolfe and Jackson City and according to the announcer Creech came in to that game hitting .600 on the season. He went 2 for 4 in that game so his average went down a little. Sounds like he pitched a descent game as well. I know he does a good job behind the plate as well so he is a complete player. These numbers came from the radio man who, no doubt, got them from Wolfe's coaching staff. Varney gives our radio man the stats of each player down here. You can't take nothing away from this kid because he is an eigth grader. If you think that a player hitting around .600 is not important then I don't know what else to say. How else do you judge a kid who does a good job on the mound, behind the plate, and hits tha baseball that well. Like I said earlier, show me the other guys numbers and then we can compare them. The highest average here at Powell is around .400 this season and we didn't have anyone to hit .400 last season so I sure ain't going to take anything away from this kid.
PCBaseball Wrote:I listened to the game Friday evening between Wolfe and Jackson City and according to the announcer Creech came in to that game hitting .600 on the season. He went 2 for 4 in that game so his average went down a little. Sounds like he pitched a descent game as well. I know he does a good job behind the plate as well so he is a complete player. These numbers came from the radio man who, no doubt, got them from Wolfe's coaching staff. Varney gives our radio man the stats of each player down here. You can't take nothing away from this kid because he is an eigth grader. If you think that a player hitting around .600 is not important then I don't know what else to say. How else do you judge a kid who does a good job on the mound, behind the plate, and hits tha baseball that well. Like I said earlier, show me the other guys numbers and then we can compare them. The highest average here at Powell is around .400 this season and we didn't have anyone to hit .400 last season so I sure ain't going to take anything away from this kid.

dude to me you some post really kind of contradict yourself you sure your not a parent of a certain kid on here or have another name on here as well?????
the 1 the only Wrote:dude to me you some post really kind of contradict yourself you sure your not a parent of a certain kid on here or have another name on here as well?????

No dude, my son plays here at Powell, but has played some summer traveling ball with the Creech kid and I have always been very impressed with him every time I have seen him play and would love to see him come to a good baseball progam here at Powell next year.
bobcats27 Wrote:im sorry but i dont think creech is better than ritchie. dokota throws harder one thing ritchie hits harder and further creech throws mid 70s ritchie throw 80s terry is the best center fielder in 14th plus 55th and terry hits the ball every time up at the plate

Been away for a couple of days, or I would have responded to this reply earlier.

First, before I try to compare Creech with Ritchie, in no way am I putting Ritchie down. Sometimes when you are comparing teams or players you come across as putting the team/player down, even if that is not your intent. Just wanted to make that plain. Dakota Ritchie can play for my team any time he wants to. Would love to have a teamful of his kind.

Having said that, at this point in their careers, there is little doubt that Ritchie is the better athlete. Made a play against Zach Sallie of Wolfe County in their last meeting that no other shortstop in the 14th Region even comes close to making. Using his height, jumping ability, and timing, he deflected a line drive off the bat of Sallie and picked the loose ball out of the air with his bare hand. An absolute web gem.

He is a much better pitcher then Creech is, at this time. He really mowed Wolfe down, although the Wolves hit him pretty good in their first meeting. At this point in time, Ritchie probably thows the ball 7-8mph faster than Creech and has a better idea of what he wants to do with it. But dont forget the fact that Creech is only an eight grader with limited pitching experience, while Ritchie is a Junior and has a lot more experience. I'll wager the gap between these two, pitching wise, will narrow a bunch by this time next year.

Now, hitting wise, there is not even an argument as to whom is the better player. Creech is about a mile and ahalf ahead of Ritche here. Creech hits the ball HARD about nine out of ten times to the plate. Hitting real close to .600 for the year. Might not make it this year, but I'll bet he will come close, and make it at least a time or two before his high school days are done.

All in all, at this point in their careers, I'll say Ritchie is the better all around player. And I'll also venture to say that by this time next year, Creech will be the better player.
PCBaseball Wrote:I listened to the game Friday evening between Wolfe and Jackson City and according to the announcer Creech came in to that game hitting .600 on the season. He went 2 for 4 in that game so his average went down a little. Sounds like he pitched a descent game as well. I know he does a good job behind the plate as well so he is a complete player. These numbers came from the radio man who, no doubt, got them from Wolfe's coaching staff. Varney gives our radio man the stats of each player down here. You can't take nothing away from this kid because he is an eigth grader. If you think that a player hitting around .600 is not important then I don't know what else to say. How else do you judge a kid who does a good job on the mound, behind the plate, and hits tha baseball that well. Like I said earlier, show me the other guys numbers and then we can compare them. The highest average here at Powell is around .400 this season and we didn't have anyone to hit .400 last season so I sure ain't going to take anything away from this kid.

Pitched a pretty good game against Jackson City. The main problem is he falls in love with the curve ball too much, and doesn't rely on his fastball, which is pretty good, and will only get better. He really needs to go after the bottom part of the other team's lineup and NOT put them on base via the walk/hp. When he understands this, he will become a much better pitcher.

He is an excellent catcher as well, but does not alway use good judgement as far as trying to pick off runners or throw out runners go. But, once again, he is only an eight grader who learns quickly, and these mistakes will soon go away. Personally, I would love to simply have him play first or third base, or maybe even the outfield, but I know Wolfe needs him catching, and he does a good job there.

As far as hitting goes, he is in a league of his own. No one in the region is very close, as far as I know.
bobcat_9 Wrote:Travis Terry - Breathitt
Dakota Ritchie - Breathitt
Dylan Creech - Breathitt
Gentry Hayes - Jackson City

I'd like to add a couple of Wolfe County player's names to this list. It seems that any time Wolfe is mentioned, Dylan Creech is the name that comes up. He is no doubt, a great player, but Wolfe also has a few others that can play a little as well.

Zach Sallie, a Junior, has played High School baseball since his 6th grade, and has been basically a starter since the seventh grade. Hits the ball well, needs to be a little more consistent, and knows how to get on base. Walks a lot, and gets hit by a LOT of pitches. Smart on the bases, pretty fast, and can steal if you dont pay attention to him.

He is really developing into a very good pitcher as well. Probably is Wolfe County's most effective pitcher at this point. Can't break 70mph on the radar gun, but changes speeds and location with the best of them. Plus, he has a quirky delivery that makes it hard for the batter to pick up the ball until after it has left his hand.

Currently hitting .405, with an OB% over .550. Not bad at all.

Another outstanding player for Wolfe is Joe Ray Oliver. He is a left handed first baseman for the Wolves that completley destroys the stereotype image of what a first baseman should be. You usually associate a first baseman with being a person who is big, bulky, slow, hits a lot of home runs but does not play defense very well. Oliver is nothing at all like that. He hits for average ,(about .350 at this point, and has on OB% over .500) little power, (never hit a home run in high school), and is fast.

With the glove, he is without peer as far as I can tell. He is almost a lock to make at least one web gem a night, whether it is crashing into the fence while catching a foul ball, or digging out a horrible throw out of the dirt.

One of the Wolves coaches told me that he adds athletitism to an non-athletic position. I agree 100 % He will almost always make at least one play defensivley, that is worth the price of admission.
I agree. Creech, Oliver & Sallie are good players. Who hit that homerun against Jackson City last week?