Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best players in the 55th
Oliver is a good baseball player. Doesn't really dominate at any part of the game, but is solid in all areas. Always plays hard and always is into the game. I enjoy watching the way he plays.
foxhound Wrote:I agree. Creech, Oliver & Sallie are good players. Who hit that homerun against Jackson City last week?

Brandon Campbell.

Gave the ball a pretty good ride, I thought.

To date, he hasn't hit the ball quite as well as he did last year, but hopefully, the home run will get him back on track.

I think he is a very good centerfielder. Has a good glove and covers a LOT of ground, and has pretty good throwing arm, as well.
lickbranchlegend Wrote:Oliver is a good baseball player. Doesn't really dominate at any part of the game, but is solid in all areas. Always plays hard and always is into the game. I enjoy watching the way he plays.

And, I might also add, he is a wonderful young man!

A lot of us, both young and old should take a page out of his book as far as manners and politeness are concerned.
We had the night off at Powell so I decided to make the trip up to Campton to watch Wolfe and Jackson City play. After the absolute distruction of the baseball that I witnessd from the Creech kid tonight and his ability behind the plate, throwing out would be base stealers, there is no doubt that this kid is by far the best all around player in the 55th district and probably in the top three or four players in the region. This kid hit two line drives that traveled well over 300 feet and shorthopped the wall in dead center and in right center and then a bullet single to right. How deep is Wolfe's field in dead center and right center? To watch that kid hit again was well worth the trip and the price of admission. All I can say is WOW
PCBaseball Wrote:We had the night off at Powell so I decided to make the trip up to Campton to watch Wolfe and Jackson City play. After the absolute distruction of the baseball that I witnessd from the Creech kid tonight and his ability behind the plate, throwing out would be base stealers, there is no doubt that this kid is by far the best all around player in the 55th district and probably in the top three or four players in the region. This kid hit two line drives that traveled well over 300 feet and shorthopped the wall in dead center and in right center and then a bullet single to right. How deep is Wolfe's field in dead center and right center? To watch that kid hit again was well worth the trip and the price of admission. All I can say is WOW

The fence is 350 to dead center and looks to be a little deeper there in right center. If either of those balls he hit tonight had gotten 30 feet in the air they would have traveled a goog 400 feet. He actually hits the ball harder than any kid i've seen. Hey jr92, do you have Creech's stats for the season so far and if you do, could you post them?
I forgot to mention this in my post earlier. Last night was my first visit to Wolfe's new field and I want to compliment you guys on yhe facility. Very nice field and a beautiful place to watch a baseball game. I was very happy to see the kids up there have a nice place to play. You guys have alot to be proud of.
Ridgerunner Wrote:The fence is 350 to dead center and looks to be a little deeper there in right center. If either of those balls he hit tonight had gotten 30 feet in the air they would have traveled a goog 400 feet. He actually hits the ball harder than any kid i've seen. Hey jr92, do you have Creech's stats for the season so far and if you do, could you post them?

Just got ahold of the stats sheet and how's this for numbers:

.609 batting average.

.660 on base %

24 RBI's

18 runs scored

7 doubles (if he gets any lift on these balls, most, if not all, are home runs)

Has struck out only twice.

And for good measure, 16 stolen bases.

As a pitcher, he has 3 wins with 40 strikeouts in 28 innings.

And don't forget, he's only an eighth grader!
jr92 Wrote:Just got ahold of the stats sheet and how's this for numbers:

.609 batting average.

.660 on base %

24 RBI's

18 runs scored

Are these numbers for real? Wow, what a season.
PCBaseball Wrote:I forgot to mention this in my post earlier. Last night was my first visit to Wolfe's new field and I want to compliment you guys on yhe facility. Very nice field and a beautiful place to watch a baseball game. I was very happy to see the kids up there have a nice place to play. You guys have alot to be proud of.

Thanks for your kind words. A lot of us here are very proud of the facility. It is a hard climb, but if you get the chance, go up the hill behind left field where the flagpole is and look down. The field looks georgous!

I really don't think the public as a whole realizes the battles fought in order to get these baseball and softball fields. (The softball field is beautiful, as well). When funding became available for the new school, a portion was earmarked to be used for athletic facilites. There was talk at first about possibly building a new high school gym, although the existing one just underwent major renovations and looks beautiful as well, IMO. A couple of school board members held their ground in favor of the baseball and softball fields, and finally got others on board, and the rest, as they say, is history.

As with all new baseball fields, there is still work that needs to be done to improve its playability, but it gets a little better each year. About the only complaints I ever hear, is the distance the concession stand and rest rooms are from the baseball field.
jr92 Wrote:Just got ahold of the stats sheet and how's this for numbers:

.609 batting average.

.660 on base %

24 RBI's

18 runs scored

Thanks. I have to say these numbers are unreal. What will this kid be when he is a senior? SCAAAAARRRRY