•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 2009-2010
I think if McClanahan (not sure how to spell it) transfered then he'll play about like Deven Adams. So, if Valley gets even one of the rumored transfers it would help them. Look out for Valley! :1:
loosing the three seniors -
logan bryant
devan adams
&
curby tackett will be a big hurt for valley.
will they remake it to state?
Valley should make it to state and possibly get the second state win in school history. Also, watch for them in the All "A". Valley will be very good. Watch out for them. :kneel:
Shelby Valley will be good, but the lack of depth will hurt them. I think Booher will make a fairly tough schedule to prepare his team for the state tournament, but like I said they don't have much of a bench, and they don't need any transfers.
There will be players step up and get plenty of experience in Shelby Valley's summer ball. I can see some players stepping up and being good roles on the court.
I'm ready to go back to RUPP!
elisha is a very talented player and i think taylor can fill the big man spot well next year
Valley will win the 15th but i dont think they will be as good as they were this season
Mr.Rainman Wrote:Tyler Newsome will add a great scoring addition to Valley. Elisha scores 20+. Tyler Newsome was showing how he could play at Rupp. He came off the bench and out scored 4/5 starters. They lost 3 good seniors. Tyler Newsome will fill one of their spots.

Cody Varney will also be a great playmaker. He plays very hard defense which will intimidate some players. He also came off the bench and made some awesome plays (Loads of and 1's). I say he steps up into Logan Bryant's spot and shows that he can help Valley.

I REALLY agree with this post, especially on Tyler. He should be the breakout scoring threat, and he showed that as he played arguably the best out of anyone on SV in their final game of the season. He can put the ball in the hole, thats for certain. Plus he is big and long, could be a great season for him.

Cody will also see a lot more time and chances to prove himself, hopefully leading to higher confidence and that will be crucial for the success of this team.

Another very KEY element to success for SV next year is Ashley Hatfield. If he can stay in the game, focused, and doesn't let his mind/emotions dictate his level of play, they can have another special year.
I have heard from a few players for valley that there is a guard that is suppost to be there next year......That will be a senior.....Did not play last year and i didn't catch his name sorry i'll try to get it!!!!!
I think it was something like Ramey or something used to go to Pikeville. I don't remember him ever playing basketball though.
Is every one confusing Tyler with Taylor?
What type of schedule will Valley play? Will Coach Booher (sp?) finally ante it up a little and play more than one in state top 20 team?
I thought Valley had a decent schedule this year.
Notorious Wrote:I thought Valley had a decent schedule this year.

Valley played some solid out of state teams, but the in state teams they played, only one was ranked in the top 20.

I'd like to see them play some Louisville teams this year or maybe some nky teams like Holmes, Boone, or Highlands.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Valley played some solid out of state teams, but the in state teams they played, only one was ranked in the top 20.

I'd like to see them play some Louisville teams this year or maybe some nky teams like Holmes, Boone, or Highlands.

Valley played Knott(tough 14th team), Henry Clay(finished 5th in the brutal 11th region), NCC(one of your tough NKY teams), Henry County(#2 in region 8), Bardstown, Elliott, Perry(another tough 14th team), Raceland(consistently tough team), and then Elliott and Mason at state.

Outside of the state they played a defending state champ in Walton Georgia, American Heritage Florida, Lakeland Florida.

I don't see where you're getting Valley's weak schedule from.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Valley played Knott(tough 14th team), Henry Clay(finished 5th in the brutal 11th region), NCC(one of your tough NKY teams), Henry County(#2 in region 8), Bardstown, Elliott, Perry(another tough 14th team), Raceland(consistently tough team), and then Elliott and Mason at state.

Outside of the state they played a defending state champ in Walton Georgia, American Heritage Florida, Lakeland Florida.

yea I agree. but imo I really dont think Valley will be as good as they where last season, But I hope they prove me wrong. Wish the best for Valley!!!
Notorious Wrote:Is every one confusing Tyler with Taylor?

No. LoL. Taylor is the rebounder, Tyler is the scorer. Tyler was bench player of the game against Elliot. Rumor has it that Tyler has been working on his legs to get faster and jump higher. If he starts to dunk, he will be very dangerous. Cody Varney had a very good dunk last year during district play. If he gets to were he dunks it all the time, Valley will have a possible 4/5 dunking in the starting line-up. Cody Varney, Tyler Newsome, Elisha Justice, and possibly Ashley Hatfield. If they really work on their legs and rebounding with such small size, Valley should give top 5 teams run for their money. :redboxer:
Valley I think plays another Georgia team at the Expo during the Classic.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Valley played Knott(tough 14th team), Henry Clay(finished 5th in the brutal 11th region), NCC(one of your tough NKY teams), Henry County(#2 in region 8), Bardstown, Elliott, Perry(another tough 14th team), Raceland(consistently tough team), and then Elliott and Mason at state.

The 14th region is a very weak region. No team in that region would come within 10 points of a top 5 team.

Let me put something in perspective for you:

Henry Clay wasn't a top 5 11th region team.
NCC wasn't a top 5 9th region team.

Henry Co lost by 23 to Gallatin Co and 17 to Shelby Co...what do you think a legit top 15 or even top 20 team would have done to them?

Raceland didn't even make it past the first round of districts this past year and lost to Elliott Co by almost 40 points.

Elliott, Perry, and Mason Co were the only above average in state teams that SV played this past season.
Mr.Rainman Wrote:No. LoL. Taylor is the rebounder, Tyler is the scorer. Tyler was bench player of the game against Elliot. Rumor has it that Tyler has been working on his legs to get faster and jump higher. If he starts to dunk, he will be very dangerous. Cody Varney had a very good dunk last year during district play. If he gets to were he dunks it all the time, Valley will have a possible 4/5 dunking in the starting line-up. Cody Varney, Tyler Newsome, Elisha Justice, and possibly Ashley Hatfield. If they really work on their legs and rebounding with such small size, Valley should give top 5 teams run for their money. :redboxer:

What does being able to dunk have to do with anything?

Holmes has probably 10 kids on their team who can dunk...does that mean they should win the state tournament hands down next year? :lmao:
kywldcat01 Wrote:What does being able to dunk have to do with anything?

Holmes has probably 10 kids on their team who can dunk...does that mean they should win the state tournament hands down next year? :lmao:

Alright. There's not many teams in this state who has 4/5 starters dunking. Holmes is already preranked 1 in state. They probably will win state next year. I'm just saying don't ovevrlook Valley. White boys can jump just as high as black. So, don't think Valley can't beat Holmes. Because they can.
Mr.Rainman Wrote:Alright. There's not many teams in this state who has 4/5 starters dunking. Holmes is already preranked 1 in state. They probably will win state next year. I'm just saying don't ovevrlook Valley. White boys can jump just as high as black. So, don't think Valley can't beat Holmes. Because they can.

What he doesn't understand is when you're from EKY and your team is full 6'1 white guys, it's amazing when you have 4/5 starters dunking.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:What he doesn't understand is when you're from EKY and your team is full 6'1 white guys, it's amazing when you have 4/5 starters dunking.

Mr.Rainman Wrote:Alright. There's not many teams in this state who has 4/5 starters dunking. Holmes is already preranked 1 in state. They probably will win state next year. I'm just saying don't ovevrlook Valley. White boys can jump just as high as black. So, don't think Valley can't beat Holmes. Because they can.

What does color have to do with being able to dunk? I never once mentioned anything about that...think you may want to stop right there with those comments because race has nothing to do with being able to dunk. I see 6'0, 6'1, and 6'2 white kids dunking in nky all the time up here. It's not as rare as you're making it sound.

And actually there's a lot of teams in Kentucky who have 4 or 5 kids in their starting lineup who can dunk. Look at the majority of the top 15 teams and they have atleast 4 kids who are dunking during warm ups. Just because a kid can dunk during warm ups though, doesn't mean he can do it in a game over a defender.

As far as Valley being able to beat Holmes, highly doubtful. The Elliott Co faithful said the same thing, but when they met, Holmes was too long, quick, and athletic for them...just like they would be for Valley. Off the top of my head, here's what the match ups would be:

6'1 Mayfield v 6'1 Varney
6'5 R. Johnson v 5'10 Justice
6'5 J. Johnson v 6'3 Ta. Newsome
6'6 Rice v 6'3 Ty. Newsome
6'8 Pittman v 6'6 Hatfield

SV would struggle mightily to rebound with Holmes which would lead to a lot of second chance points for Holmes and one and done's for SV.
How much does a dunk count for!!! Valley could not beat Holmes but I wish they could!!!
kywldcat01 Wrote:What does color have to do with being able to dunk? I never once mentioned anything about that...think you may want to stop right there with those comments because race has nothing to do with being able to dunk. I see 6'0, 6'1, and 6'2 white kids dunking in nky all the time up here. It's not as rare as you're making it sound.

And actually there's a lot of teams in Kentucky who have 4 or 5 kids in their starting lineup who can dunk. Look at the majority of the top 15 teams and they have atleast 4 kids who are dunking during warm ups. Just because a kid can dunk during warm ups though, doesn't mean he can do it in a game over a defender.

As far as Valley being able to beat Holmes, highly doubtful. The Elliott Co faithful said the same thing, but when they met, Holmes was too long, quick, and athletic for them...just like they would be for Valley. Off the top of my head, here's what the match ups would be:

6'1 Mayfield v 6'1 Varney
6'5 R. Johnson v 5'10 Justice
6'5 J. Johnson v 6'3 Ta. Newsome
6'6 Rice v 6'3 Ty. Newsome
6'8 Pittman v 6'6 Hatfield

SV would struggle mightily to rebound with Holmes which would lead to a lot of second chance points for Holmes and one and done's for SV.

:thatsfunn I forgot size has to do with how good they are. Put me against 7'0 Belter from Dorton and I would lay money I would win. So don't post height on here because Elisha could probably guard all those boys one on one and he's the shortest player on the court if he played. Taylor Newsome probably out rebounded lots of boys taller than him.
The Private Wrote:How much does a dunk count for!!! Valley could not beat Holmes but I wish they could!!!

Put the Lakers against Kentucky and Kentucky would probably win 1-10. Don't say Holmes can't be beat by anyone in Kentucky. Because I bet someone in Kentucky will beat them.
Mr.Rainman Wrote::thatsfunn I forgot size has to do with how good they are. Put me against 7'0 Belter from Dorton and I would lay money I would win. So don't post height on here because Elisha could probably guard all those boys one on one and he's the shortest player on the court if he played. Taylor Newsome probably out rebounded lots of boys taller than him.

Do you know anything about basketball?

Team on team with ref's is different than 1 on 1. And as Kywildcat said, It would make it hard for them to rebound, It blocks passing lanes, etc. And you are out of you're mind if you think Elisha can Guard Rico or Elijah/ Both have at least a 7 in height advantage to go along with their talent advantage.

And about Taylor Newsome out rebounding people, HE WILL NOT OUT REBOUND ELIJAH PITTMAN.

SV is a very good team but you are making them out to be the second coming of the dream team. Yes, they can beat Holmes, But it is not likely.

Since you are a SV fan, you are trying to play them up to be what they are not.

I want a Holmes vs SV game scheduled, and if SV wins, I will gladly eat crow.
Mr.Rainman Wrote::thatsfunn I forgot size has to do with how good they are. Put me against 7'0 Belter from Dorton and I would lay money I would win. So don't post height on here because Elisha could probably guard all those boys one on one and he's the shortest player on the court if he played. Taylor Newsome probably out rebounded lots of boys taller than him.

Dude are you serious? You must not know anything about basketball, or you're simply a high school kid with little knowledge. When you're as talented a team as Holmes, have athleticism, and length to go with your size, it makes it extremely difficult to defend, rebound, and score against them. Ask any REAL basketball player who played against those Holmes boys and they'll tell you their size makes things extremely difficult. It blocks the passing lanes, forces you to have a quicker release on your shot so it doesn't get blocked, and also forces you to not miss assignments on rebounds.

Why do you think teams didn't press Holmes in nky? Because they were big enough to throw over top of it, quick enough to break it with no dribbling, and athletic enough to finish at the other end with dunks and high percentage shots. Height means everything...that's why Ricardo Johnson will play high D1 and Elisha Justice won't. Not a knock on Elisha at all, but it's the truth. Bigger players are more attractive to college coaches when they have the talent to go with that size.

Even if Justice could guard everyone on Holmes team, which I highly doubt, that's only one player. It's a TEAM game....not a one person show.
Mr.Rainman Wrote:Put the Lakers against Kentucky and Kentucky would probably win 1-10. Don't say Holmes can't be beat by anyone in Kentucky. Because I bet someone in Kentucky will beat them.

Kentucky couldn't even beat VMI this past season...how would they beat the Lakers?

Your posts are comical. Of course anyone can beat anyone and IMO Holmes will indeed lose a 2 or 3 games in KY this year....but they're gonna have to have an off night though, because honestly when it comes to talent next year, Holmes is second to nobody. Next year's seniors were 34-3 as sophomores and 36-2 as juniors....70-5 in their career with TWO state championship appearances. I like their chances against ANY team in KY. They'll have 4 D1 prospects in their starting lineup next year (6'5 J. Johnson, 6'5 R. Johnson, 6'6 Rice, 6'8 Pittman)...I don't think you realize how rare that is in KY.

IF Valley is fortunate enough to get back to Rupp, I'll guarantee right now, should they meet Holmes, they'll lose by 10+.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next