•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 2009-2010
kywldcat01 Wrote:Kentucky couldn't even beat VMI this past season...how would they beat the Lakers?

Your posts are comical. Of course anyone can beat anyone and IMO Holmes will indeed lose a 2 or 3 games in KY this year....but they're gonna have to have an off night though, because honestly when it comes to talent next year, Holmes is second to nobody. Next year's seniors were 34-3 as sophomores and 36-2 as juniors....70-5 in their career with TWO state championship appearances. I like their chances against ANY team in KY. They'll have 4 D1 prospects in their starting lineup next year (6'5 J. Johnson, 6'5 R. Johnson, 6'6 Rice, 6'8 Pittman)...I don't think you realize how rare that is in KY.

IF Valley is fortunate enough to get back to Rupp, I'll guarantee right now, should they meet Holmes, they'll lose by 10+.

You're going to guarantee that right now not seeing if Valley gets a transfer or 2? FYI EVERYONE HAS A OFF NIGHT! :HitWall:
Holmes/UKfan Wrote:Do you know anything about basketball?

Team on team with ref's is different than 1 on 1. And as Kywildcat said, It would make it hard for them to rebound, It blocks passing lanes, etc. And you are out of you're mind if you think Elisha can Guard Rico or Elijah/ Both have at least a 7 in height advantage to go along with their talent advantage.

And about Taylor Newsome out rebounding people, HE WILL NOT OUT REBOUND ELIJAH PITTMAN.

SV is a very good team but you are making them out to be the second coming of the dream team. Yes, they can beat Holmes, But it is not likely.

Since you are a SV fan, you are trying to play them up to be what they are not.

I want a Holmes vs SV game scheduled, and if SV wins, I will gladly eat crow.

I mentioned Taylor out rebounding Elijah Pittman right? No, I said nothing like that but I guarantee Taylor wouldn't have the least rebounds on the court. I'm almost positive that he would out rebound at least 2 guys from Holmes. I'm just trying to put kywldcat1 in his place. He gets on here and posts about how bad and stuff Valley is. I'm just trying to let him know that Valley is not as bad as he makes them out to be. :moon:
Mr.Rainman Wrote:You're going to guarantee that right now not seeing if Valley gets a transfer or 2? FYI EVERYONE HAS A OFF NIGHT! :HitWall:

Do you honestly think getting the Ramey kid is going to make that big of a difference outside of the 15th region against the elite teams? There's a big difference between playing cupcakes like Johnson Central and Lawrence Co and then playing a team like Holmes, Scott Co, Eastern, J'town, etc.

Mr.Rainman Wrote:I mentioned Taylor out rebounding Elijah Pittman right? No, I said nothing like that but I guarantee Taylor wouldn't have the least rebounds on the court. I'm almost positive that he would out rebound at least 2 guys from Holmes. I'm just trying to put kywldcat1 in his place. He gets on here and posts about how bad and stuff Valley is. I'm just trying to let him know that Valley is not as bad as he makes them out to be. :moon:

Of course he wouldn't have the least amount of rebounds on the court. But I guarantee you he'd have A LOT of trouble at 6'3 trying to rebound with guys like 6'5 R. Johnson, 6'5 J. Johnson, 6'6 Rice, and 6'8 Pittman who are all long and much more athletic than the average player that he sees on a regular basis.

Put me in my place? :dontthink I've never once said Valley was a bad team. In fact I've said many times I think they're a legit top 10 teams, so how is that saying they're bad? Just because I don't agree that their players are the best at everything doesn't mean they have a bad team. It's called an "unbiased opinion." Look it up...you might learn something new. Confusedhh:
kywldcat01 Wrote:Do you honestly think getting the Ramey kid is going to make that big of a difference outside of the 15th region against the elite teams? There's a big difference between playing cupcakes like Johnson Central and Lawrence Co and then playing a team like Holmes, Scott Co, Eastern, J'town, etc.

Of course he wouldn't have the least amount of rebounds on the court. But I guarantee you he'd have A LOT of trouble at 6'3 trying to rebound with guys like 6'5 R. Johnson, 6'5 J. Johnson, 6'6 Rice, and 6'8 Pittman who are all long and much more athletic than the average player that he sees on a regular basis.

Put me in my place? :dontthink I've never once said Valley was a bad team. In fact I've said many times I think they're a legit top 10 teams, so how is that saying they're bad? Just because I don't agree that their players are the best at everything doesn't mean they have a bad team. It's called an "unbiased opinion." Look it up...you might learn something new. Confusedhh:

Buddy, this isn't Holmes preps, people like to hype up their EKY teams, this site is major EKY favorable, you're gonna get problems when you get on here making Holmes out to be the greatest thing in the world.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Buddy, this isn't Holmes preps, people like to hype up their EKY teams, this site is major EKY favorable, you're gonna get problems when you get on here making Holmes out to be the greatest thing in the world.

I've never once talked Holmes up to be the greatest thing in the world. Look up my posts. I state in practically every post regarding top teams that they're one of them, but also Scott Co, J'town, Eastern, Ballard, and GRC are in the same group.

It's my personal OPINION that Shelby Valley is a top 10 team but doesn't have the same kind of talent as those teams. Nothing wrong with that....but when the "experts" agree with my analysis and are saying the same things about the teams I mention, including Holmes, tough to argue what I post.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I've never once talked Holmes up to be the greatest thing in the world. Look up my posts. I state in practically every post regarding top teams that they're one of them, but also Scott Co, J'town, Eastern, Ballard, and GRC are in the same group.

It's my personal OPINION that Shelby Valley is a top 10 team but doesn't have the same kind of talent as those teams. Nothing wrong with that....but when the "experts" agree with my analysis and are saying the same things about the teams I mention, including Holmes, tough to argue what I post.

Your experts have been wrong on many occasions and you shy away the posts about it. Like your people who said Elisha Justice had many turnovers in the two games against Elliott when he only had 2 and they came in the 2nd game.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Your experts have been wrong on many occasions and you shy away the posts about it. Like your people who said Elisha Justice had many turnovers in the two games against Elliott when he only had 2 and they came in the 2nd game.

If Shelby Valley is as good as you guys talk them up to be, why do they continue to get beat in the first round of the state tournament EVERY year? Last year was the first year that they've made it past the first round. Elisha is a good player, but he isn't the whole team and you have to have more than one good player to compete with top 5 teams.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I've never once talked Holmes up to be the greatest thing in the world. Look up my posts. I state in practically every post regarding top teams that they're one of them, but also Scott Co, J'town, Eastern, Ballard, and GRC are in the same group.

SV is a great team in EKY but when you put them against the teams you mentioned, they shrink away to about the same gap that SV has over the rest of the 15th right now.
Mr.Rainman Wrote:Ramey should get atleast one dunk like Cody Varney did at PCC. I wish him luck at SVHS. :Cheerlead

Let me just say Booher would be crazy not to start the kid
TheRealVille Wrote:SV is a great team in EKY but when you put them against the teams you mentioned, they shrink away to about the same gap that SV has over the rest of the 15th right now.

Well said. :Thumbs:
I wouldn't say that huge of a gap now
kywldcat01 Wrote:If Shelby Valley is as good as you guys talk them up to be, why do they continue to get beat in the first round of the state tournament EVERY year? Last year was the first year that they've made it past the first round. Elisha is a good player, but he isn't the whole team and you have to have more than one good player to compete with top 5 teams.

Really, they haven't had as good as a team in previous years. Ashley Hatfield? Bad player? Taylor Newsome? Bad Player? Tyler Newsome? Bad Player? What does the past have to do with how good Valley is now? Valley hasn't always had a Elisha Justice, Ashley Hatfield, Taylor Newsome, Tyler Newsome team.
I said a transfer OR 2. Not pushing towards Ramey taking Valley all the way.
Mr.Rainman Wrote:Really, they haven't had as good as a team in previous years. Ashley Hatfield? Bad player? Taylor Newsome? Bad Player? Tyler Newsome? Bad Player? What does the past have to do with how good Valley is now? Valley hasn't always had a Elisha Justice, Ashley Hatfield, Taylor Newsome, Tyler Newsome team.

Elisha and Ashley are both solid players...I'll give you that. But to think Valley is going to be as good this year as they were last year is quite comical.

Taylor and Tyler Newsome are average hs players, at best. They both recently quit their AAU team because the coach wasn't giving them enough clock so their dad decided to take them elsewhere. He much rather them play at Knott Co Sports Complex against rec league teams and was against their AAU team playing tough competition because he was more worried about winning than the players developing. Taylor still needs A LOT of improvement to be able to compete with the elite players in the state. Tyler isn't much further ahead.

Again, Shelby Valley will be a powerhouse in EKY, but when it comes to statewide, you SV fans will realize quickly that with or without the transfers, they still don't have the same talent as the elite teams and it will show when and IF they actually meet up with some of those teams.
When will Valley's schedule for 09-10 come out? Does anyone have any idea?
EOE Wrote:When will Valley's schedule for 09-10 come out? Does anyone have any idea?

It is already out....The players have it already also.
play_maker Wrote:It is already out....The players have it already also.

What does their schedule look like? What out of region teams will they be playing in and what tournaments?
kywldcat01 Wrote:What does their schedule look like? What out of region teams will they be playing in and what tournaments?

I say before anyone tells kywildcat the schedule, make a pact with him that he doesn't compare the schedule to Holmes'.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:I say before anyone tells kywildcat the schedule, make a pact with him that he doesn't compare the schedule to Holmes'.

Valley's schedule has nothing to do with Holmes. No need for your childish comments when the question wasn't even directed at you.

Back to the question....

Anyone know what their schedule looks like and who they'll be playing out of region?
kywldcat01 Wrote:What does their schedule look like? What out of region teams will they be playing in and what tournaments?

SUMMER BALL:
June 4- at Clark Co. vs. Clark and Henry Clay

June 5- at Bath Co. vs. Scott and Bath Co

June 11-13- MSU team camp

June 15-17- Pikeville College Team Camp

June 18-20- AAU State Tourney

Season:
NOV. 21 Scrimmage TBA ----------- Away

NOV. 28 Fast Lane Classic------------ Sheldon Clark

DEC. 5 Lexington Paul L. Dunbar ---------- Home

DEC. 8 Sheldon Clark ---------------- Home

DEC. 12 Miller Grove GA ---------------- at Expo

DEC. 15 Pikeville------------------ Home

DEC. 18 Pike County Central ----------------- Away

DEC. 21 Johnson Central ---------------- Home

DEC. 22 Besty Layne -------------------- Away

DEC. 28-31 Kingdom Of The Sun Tourney--------------- Ocala,Fl

JAN. 5-9 WYMT-TV Tourney ----------------- Knott

JAN. 13-18 All "A" Region Tourney --------------- at Expo

JAN. 21 Phelps -------------------- Home

JAN. 22 Christian County ------------------ Home

JAN. 27-31 All "A" State Tourney ------------------- E.K.U

FEB. 2 Prestonsburg --------------- Away

FEB. 5 Belfry --------------- Away

FEB. 6 North Laurel --------------------- Home

FEB. 9 East Ridge ---------------------- Home

FEB. 12 Pikeville ---------------------- Away

FEB. 16 Lawrence Co ------------------------- Home

FEB. 19 Perry Co Central ------------------------ Away
kywldcat01 Wrote:Valley's schedule has nothing to do with Holmes. No need for your childish comments when the question wasn't even directed at you.

Back to the question....

Anyone know what their schedule looks like and who they'll be playing out of region?

Not childish, it's just a simple fact that you turn everything SV into a Holmes praise.
As of now give ur starting 5 with a 6th man?

1.Elisha
2.Ramey/Cody
3.Tyler
4.Ashley
5.Taylor

6.Cody/Ramey

I think either cody or ramey could start...I guess depends on which one does better in practice.
Tyler has been with the program for 5 years, the spot is his until Ramey takes it from him.
play_maker Wrote:SUMMER BALL:

Season:

The game against Christian Co should be a good one. Christian Co lost just one starter from last years' 2nd region championship team.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Not childish, it's just a simple fact that you turn everything SV into a Holmes praise.

Yea, when people are comparing Valley players or team to others around the state because some of your fans, including you, like to overexaggerate..

Still a childish comment on your part.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Yea, when people are comparing Valley players or team to others around the state because some of your fans, including you, like to overexaggerate..

Still a childish comment on your part.

Show where I have over exaggerated.
play_maker Wrote:SUMMER BALL:

Season:

Not being negative at all, but I would liked to have seen them play in one of the big tournaments in this state instead of the out of state tournament. Even though many of those teams they'll face are good, playing in Kentucky would show them where they stack up against the better teams and have them more prepared come tournament time. I am glad that they are playing in the WYMT tournament again. It is always a good tournament and the top teams in the area should play in it.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Not being negative at all, but I would liked to have seen them play in one of the big tournaments in this state instead of the out of state tournament. Even though many of those teams they'll face are good, playing in Kentucky would show them where they stack up against the better teams and have them more prepared come tournament time.

Well said. I agree.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Buddy, this isn't Holmes preps, people like to hype up their EKY teams, this site is major EKY favorable, you're gonna get problems when you get on here making Holmes out to be the greatest thing in the world.

Yeah and it is not named Pike,Shelby Valley,Belfry or Elisha Justice Rivals either:biggrin:

I like that SV is going to FL.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Elisha and Ashley are both solid players...I'll give you that. But to think Valley is going to be as good this year as they were last year is quite comical.

Taylor and Tyler Newsome are average hs players, at best. They both recently quit their AAU team because the coach wasn't giving them enough clock so their dad decided to take them elsewhere. He much rather them play at Knott Co Sports Complex against rec league teams and was against their AAU team playing tough competition because he was more worried about winning than the players developing. Taylor still needs A LOT of improvement to be able to compete with the elite players in the state. Tyler isn't much further ahead.

Again, Shelby Valley will be a powerhouse in EKY, but when it comes to statewide, you SV fans will realize quickly that with or without the transfers, they still don't have the same talent as the elite teams and it will show when and IF they actually meet up with some of those teams.

How about you go make your own thread about how bad Valley will be next year? :please:
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next