•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 2009-2010
kybaseball Wrote:Not a sweet 16 ring now is it:lmao: A 2-1 record vs SV and eliminated him from the sweet 16 not once but twice.:lmao:

Didn't want to bring that back up backed in a corner and had to.sorry

You have to bring up a game from 3 years ago? SV's primary team from this year were freshmen when that game hapened.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Boys, that's why there's a Mr. Basketball, because the best player in the state doesn't have to be from Lexington or Louisville. I would bet kywildcat thinks John Hood isn't as good as Holmes players either.

You know nothing about basketball then. Jon Hood was hands down the best player in the state this past season. His all around game was unreal which is why he'll be at UK next year seeing clock as a freshman.

HollaBack Wrote:Where is kywldcat01?

Elisha's team beating his Holmes team earlier today is why you don't get on websites and put people down. It only comes back to make you look bad. As others always say on here, it makes you eat crow.

Elisha's team? Last I checked, basketball is a TEAM sport...not a one man show, so let's not act like he did it all. DSAS is a very solid team and rightfully so with the talent that they have. As much talent as they have, it still took overtime and a last second shot by Justice to knock off those three that pretty much carried the Players to the semi's.

Mr.Rainman Wrote:What is Elisha's stats for that game? I heard from him that they was down 20 at one point. Elisha is definitley as good as Holmes players.

goodguy Wrote:[quote=Mr.Rainman]What is Elisha's stats for that game? I heard from him that they was down 20 at one point. [B]Elisha is definitley as good as Holmes players.

How dare you say that! :thatsfunn According to one poster no-one is as good as Holmes players! :lmao:

When have I ever said Holmes big 3 were the best players in the state? You may want to check some of my posts...because I definetly mention other players such as Guyn, Jackson, Sewell, Forrest, Fant, and several others..

It's the writers and recruiters who have touted Ricardo Johnson and Elijah Pittman as the two best players in the state...as much as you guys want to consider me a homer, I'm not the only one saying Holmes has the two best players in the state. You look at pretty much any recruiting site or ranking that writers have come out with, and you'll see they see it the same way as me....70-5 as starters, back to back state championship appearances, a state title, and first team all state speaks for itself...NEXT! Confusedhh:

TheRealVille Wrote:Were the players on the teams SV and Holmes regular players? Anybody have the rosters for both teams?

KY Players consisted of the following players:

Ricardo Johnson- Holmes
Jeremiah Johnson- Holmes
Elijah Pittman- Holmes
Brandon Tucker- Newport (didn't start for Newport this past season)
Demetrius Avery- Conner
Trey Evans- Covcath (Doesn't even play HS bball)
2 or 3 players from Cincinnati Woodward

PC_You_Know Wrote:Honestly, if the big three from Holmes were on a team, and they went up against little Elisha Justice and Ashley Hatfield, AND LOST, kywildcat01 should not post on here for a while after how much he has hyped those boys from Holmes.

Don't sit here and act like Elisha Justice and Ashley Hatfield single handedly defeated the KY Players because Hatfield didn't do anything in the game. If I recall correctly all three had their way with the DSAS and it took a last second shot by Justice to pull off the W over a very average team outside of the Johnson Brothers and Pittman.

PC_You_Know Wrote:I like to keep up with Elisha, couldn't really care about what the team does, just really urkes me when wildcat proclaims how little talent Elisha has compared to Holmes players.

And you bring up the Elliott game? Elisha has a ring, what do the Elliott boys have?

I've never once said Elisha didn't have talent. I just don't think he's as talented as Ricardo Johnson or Elijah Pittman, or several other players I continue to mention, so don't act like the Holmes boys are the only ones I compare him to. Obviously college coaches think the players I continue to name are better than him, otherwise he'd have D1 offers just like they do...again...NEXT! Confusedhh:

And are you seriously excited about an All "A" state championship? :lmao:

Go bring home the big trophy and banner, or better yet, make it past the first round of the sweet 16, then you can thump your chest.
BTW, for those who think I'm a complete Holmes homer, here is what others had to say about the Holmes trio on another site after the state tournament this past week end:

I had the chance to get out and watch a few games at the KY state AAU tourney. In the 17U division I watched the KY Players play a tough game against Higher Level. In the end, Pittman, and the Johnson bros were to strong.

DS 17u plays Ky Players at 10.20 in the morning. should be a good game. Ricardo Johnson is the best player in the state but DS17u will be a tough out

In the 17U division, the KY Players took over in the second half in their game against the lightning. Ricardo Johnson is just really good. He sees the floor well, shoots well, passes well and can get to the rim.

Elijah Pittman was fun to watch not necessarily because he was playing great basketball but he seems to have a good time doing it. He has a running conversation with teammates, opposing players, officials. Stuck a big time 3 against DSAS to send game into OT.

Pittman shoots the 3 suprisingly well, seems like he would much rather play on the perimter than in the paint.

17U Ricardo was AWESOME...

I thought Ricardo was "AWESOME" too. Pittman looked pretty good. Gabbard and Sewell are the real deal, as well as Jackson.

Hmm...maybe those boys get hyped up for a reason...they're the real deal and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Maybe if you EKY fans would get out around the state more, you'd realize there's A LOT of good players out there and while Justice is one of them, there are atleast 15-20 kids out there just as talented, if not more talented than him.

Why is it that it's only the SV homers and EKY faithful that talk Justice up? If he were really as good as you guys say, why does he have no offers and why are all of these other players that he's supposedly better than getting more publicity? Face it...Justice is a GREAT high school player but his game just doesn't transition that well to the D1 level.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You have to bring up a game from 3 years ago? SV's primary team from this year were freshmen when that game hapened.

So the Elliott team core was sophmores and some of the SV freshman are the same age as the Elliott sophmores were at that time.:lmao:
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Not being negative at all, but I would liked to have seen them play in one of the big tournaments in this state instead of the out of state tournament. Even though many of those teams they'll face are good, playing in Kentucky would show them where they stack up against the better teams and have them more prepared come tournament time. I am glad that they are playing in the WYMT tournament again. It is always a good tournament and the top teams in the area should play in it.

I mostly agree with you on the schedule, DW5. I also wish they would have played in a big in-state tournament rather than the one in Florida. Just because it's so hard to compare how good the out-of-state teams are. Plus, playing in an in-state tourney would have given Justice a chance to shine in front of all the 'Golden Triangle' media.

I'm not sold on playing in the WYMT, though. If I had to choose between a more prestigious tournament downstate and the WYMT, I would have to pick the other one. Again, more downstate exposure, not to mention better competition, would have been nice.

I will say one thing, it is good to see that Dunbar is doing the right thing and making up the game they cancelled this past year. That and the Christian Co. game will be two marquee home contests for SV this year. Ending the season at Perry Central will also be a good one.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I mostly agree with you on the schedule, DW5. I also wish they would have played in a big in-state tournament rather than the one in Florida. Just because it's so hard to compare how good the out-of-state teams are. Plus, playing in an in-state tourney would have given Justice a chance to shine in front of all the 'Golden Triangle' media.

I'm not sold on playing in the WYMT, though. If I had to choose between a more prestigious tournament downstate and the WYMT, I would have to pick the other one. Again, more downstate exposure, not to mention better competition, would have been nice.

I will say one thing, it is good to see that Dunbar is doing the right thing and making up the game they cancelled this past year. That and the Christian Co. game will be two marquee home contests for SV this year. Ending the season at Perry Central will also be a good one.

Yes, I definitely would rather see them play in the KOB than the WYMT, but I was told they were basically "forced" into playing in the WYMT.

I think it is doing a couple of the players, especially Elisha, an injustice by not getting them more in-state exposure.

I do, however, think they can compete with any team in the state. I am not saying they would beat them, but I do not think any team in the state, including Holmes and Scott County, would beat them by much.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Yes, I definitely would rather see them play in the KOB than the WYMT, but I was told they were basically "forced" into playing in the WYMT.

I think it is doing a couple of the players, especially Elisha, an injustice by not getting them more in-state exposure.

I do, however, think they can compete with any team in the state. I am not saying they would beat them, but I do not think any team in the state, including Holmes and Scott County, would beat them by much.

Who can "force" them to play in the WYMT? Whoever it is, that's a shame if it kept them from playing in a better tournament.

And it is also a shame that this is Elisha's senior year, which means it's his last chance to go down to a prestigious downstate tournament and impress all the doubters in the Golden Triangle region.

I agree that I don't think SV could beat the top teams like Holmes and Scott Co., but they would play them competitively, more than some on here think they would.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree that I don't think SV could beat the top teams like Holmes and Scott Co., but they would play them competitively, more than some on here think they would.

DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I do, however, think they can compete with any team in the state. I am not saying they would beat them, but I do not think any team in the state, including Holmes and Scott County, would beat them by much.

Shelby Valley wouldn't play within 10 points of Holmes or Scott Co. That's no disrespect meant to the players but SV just doesn't match up with either one of those teams when it comes to talent, size, and athleticism. Justice is the only one who would be able to compete with those kids.
I think Hatifled could compete just fine with those boys.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:I think Hatifled could compete just fine with those boys.

Hatfield would struggle tremendously against Pittman.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Shelby Valley wouldn't play within 10 points of Holmes or Scott Co. That's no disrespect meant to the players but SV just doesn't match up with either one of those teams when it comes to talent, size, and athleticism. Justice is the only one who would be able to compete with those kids.

I wouldn't consider 10 points to be much. Maybe a little more or a little less depending on how each team was playing. Either way, for a small mountain school, these last couple of seasons are something special. It's not often that teams from this region are even mentioned in the talk of the better teams in the state.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I wouldn't consider 10 points to be much. Maybe a little more or a little less depending on how each team was playing. Either way, for a small mountain school, these last couple of seasons are something special. It's not often that teams from this region are even mentioned in the talk of the better teams in the state.

I'd consider a loss by 10 or more as not being very close.

There's a reason teams from that region aren't mentioned in the talks with the better teams though.....their track record in the state tournament speaks for itself. Until a 14th, 15th, or 16th region team wins a state title or consistently makes it to the state semi's or championship, you'll continue to see a lot of disrespect toward those programs and teams.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I'd consider a loss by 10 or more as not being very close.

There's a reason teams from that region aren't mentioned in the talks with the better teams though.....their track record in the state tournament speaks for itself. Until a 14th, 15th, or 16th region team wins a state title or consistently makes it to the state semi's or championship, you'll continue to see a lot of disrespect toward those programs and teams.

Paintsville has won state. Please give up on downing EKY.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I'd consider a loss by 10 or more as not being very close.

Depending on how the game went. I have seen 10 point blowouts, and 10 point nailbiters.

Either way, it is just guesswork. Do Scott and Holmes play this coming season?
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Paintsville has won state. Please give up on downing EKY.

Paintsville hasn't won state since I believe the mid 90's

I'm not downing EKY...if you want respect you have to prove it by going out and scheduling top teams and beating them....the same was said about Elliott Co this past season until they went out and handled both Mason Co and Ballard in a week's span.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Depending on how the game went. I have seen 10 point blowouts, and 10 point nailbiters.

Either way, it is just guesswork. Do Scott and Holmes play this coming season?

True....teams getting up by 20 and then using subs to finish out games could result in a 10 point margin...or teams being up by 5 or 6 and hitting free throws down the stretch could widen the margin a bit.

I guess my point it, I think Holmes and Scott Co would both keep it around 10 or more the whole game.

As far as if Scott Co and Holmes play this year, I'm not exactly sure. The only reason they played last year was because both committed to play in the Bluegrass/Buckeye Challenge, which Holmes isn't in this year.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Paintsville hasn't won state since I believe the mid 90's

I'm not downing EKY...if you want respect you have to prove it by going out and scheduling top teams and beating them....the same was said about Elliott Co this past season until they went out and handled both Mason Co and Ballard in a week's span.

Shelby Valley went out and beat Elliott and Mason, that doesn't get them respect, but Elliott gets respect? LOL.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Shelby Valley went out and beat Elliott and Mason, that doesn't get them respect, but Elliott gets respect? LOL.

I rarely, rarely agree with anything you say, but good point.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Shelby Valley went out and beat Elliott and Mason, that doesn't get them respect, but Elliott gets respect? LOL.

good point. and kywildcat, if you knew much about Basketball that you think you did then you would change your opinion (sp) Valley is a great team. no they might not be able to beat Holmes or Scott this year, but I would say they are a top 3- 5 team in the state. Wait and you'll get surprised. Give it time..
To kywildcat:

Elliott beat Ballard and Mason in a week and get respect? Valley beat Elliott and Bardstown in the matter of 1 day. I think that deserves some respect.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:To kywildcat:

Elliott beat Ballard and Mason in a week and get respect? Valley beat Elliott and Bardstown in the matter of 1 day. I think that deserves some respect.

Elliott is a good win...you failed to mention though, SV also blew a double digit lead....winning by 2 points.

Elliott had their worst game of the year shooting wise and SV still only won by 2...EC was one 3 away at the buzzer from winning the game.

And Bardstown? They didn't even make it past the first round of their region but yet that's considered a good win? :thatsfunn

Bardstown wasn't a top 20 team at all this year...Holmes beat that same team by 20 last year and led by as many as 30 before putting the subs in...BTW, this year's Holmes team was better than last year's and SV only beat Bardstown by 3.

NYY10 Wrote:good point. and kywildcat, if you knew much about Basketball that you think you did then you would change your opinion (sp) Valley is a great team. no they might not be able to beat Holmes or Scott this year, but I would say they are a top 3- 5 team in the state. Wait and you'll get surprised. Give it time..

Again...make it past the first round of the state tournament, then you can claim to be one of the "big boys." Maybe if Valley would up their schedule a little, they wouldn't have all these doubters. I have a feeling you SV fans are in for a rude awakening when you play Christian Co next year.

Elliott dominated both games, winning by 14 and 15.

SV squeaked by EC in the All A by 2 points, then lost in a rematch.
SV squeaked by Mason as well, sealing the deal at the line down the stretch to get a 7 point win.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Elliott is a good win...you failed to mention though, SV also blew a double digit lead....winning by 2 points.

Elliott had their worst game of the year shooting wise and SV still only won by 2...EC was one 3 away at the buzzer from winning the game.

And Bardstown? They didn't even make it past the first round of their region but yet that's considered a good win? :thatsfunn

Bardstown wasn't a top 20 team at all this year...Holmes beat that same team by 20 last year and led by as many as 30 before putting the subs in...BTW, this year's Holmes team was better than last year's and SV only beat Bardstown by 3.

Again...make it past the first round of the state tournament, then you can claim to be one of the "big boys." Maybe if Valley would up their schedule a little, they wouldn't have all these doubters. I have a feeling you SV fans are in for a rude awakening when you play Christian Co next year.

SV squeaked by Mason as well, sealing the deal at the line down the stretch to get a 7 point win.

A win is a win, there are no asterisks for 10 point wins or more. SV hit I think 0 3's against Elliott, so don't make it sounds like Valley shot perfectly and barely won.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:A win is a win, there are no asterisks for 10 point wins or more. SV hit I think 0 3's against Elliott, so don't make it sounds like Valley shot perfectly and barely won.

Take away the first quarter where Elliott dug themselves in a hole with poor shooting, and they win the game.

You and a few posters are the only ones on here who talk SV up...have you not noticed that?

Get on the other bluegrass site and you'll notice not ONE person mentions SV in the discussion of dangerous teams or teams that could win state or compete with the elite schools...and trust me, there's A LOT of people that follow EKY basketball on that site. That was evident when EC made their run this year.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Take away the first quarter where Elliott dug themselves in a hole with poor shooting, and they win the game.

You and a few posters are the only ones on here who talk SV up...have you not noticed that?

Get on the other bluegrass site and you'll notice not ONE person mentions SV in the discussion of dangerous teams or teams that could win state or compete with the elite schools...and trust me, there's A LOT of people that follow EKY basketball on that site. That was evident when EC made their run this year.

Show me where I've talked them up.
I don't think SV will have as good a team as what they had last year. They don't have the depth or the size they had last year. Their margin for error will be much smaller so I don't think they will be as successful in 09/10. I do think they are capable of playing with most teams.

And as for the last season Elliott/SV debate, the teams split two games, Elliott made it to Saturday morning at Rupp, and SV walked away with an All "A" state title... Both are good accomplishments and to take away from either of them is pointless.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Elliott is a good win...you failed to mention though, SV also blew a double digit lead....winning by 2 points.

did it come to mind that Valley didn't have a so great game either. yea they won but also miss alot of free throws, so both teams wasn't at there finest
kywldcat01 Wrote:Shelby Valley wouldn't play within 10 points of Holmes or Scott Co. That's no disrespect meant to the players but SV just doesn't match up with either one of those teams when it comes to talent, size, and athleticism. Justice is the only one who would be able to compete with those kids.

You're right. Maybe Valley should just throw in the towel when they play them, if they do. :igiveup:
kywldcat01 Wrote:Take away the first quarter where Elliott dug themselves in a hole with poor shooting, and they win the game.

Maybe you should stay on that OTHER bluegrass site. :Clap:
Mr.Rainman Wrote:Maybe you should stay on that OTHER bluegrass site. :Clap:

:popcorn:

Mr.Rainman Wrote:You're right. Maybe Valley should just throw in the towel when they play them, if they do. :igiveup:

I never said that they should throw in the towel but it's just my personal opinion that Justice is the only kid on Valley's team that would be able to compete with Holmes athleticism.

Valley just doesn't have the overall talent to compete with them...it's not a knock on the kids or the hard work that they put in, but really there aren't too many teams in the state who will be able to match up with them next year, so it's not like Valley is the only one and I'm just singling them out.

Valley will be VERY good in EKY and will win the 15th region...but when and if they meet some of the state's best teams, you'll see why there are many doubters.
kywldcat01 Wrote::popcorn:

I never said that they should throw in the towel but it's just my personal opinion that Justice is the only kid on Valley's team that would be able to compete with Holmes athleticism.

Valley just doesn't have the overall talent to compete with them...it's not a knock on the kids or the hard work that they put in, but really there aren't too many teams in the state who will be able to match up with them next year, so it's not like Valley is the only one and I'm just singling them out.

Valley will be VERY good in EKY and will win the 15th region...but when and if they meet some of the state's best teams, you'll see why there are many doubters.

QUESTION!

Why did Elliott get so much love last year, they lost to Shelby Valley, one of the teams who didn't have the "athleticism" like the Louisville and Lexington teams, Elliott didn't prove themselves one bit, but the state ate them up with love and attention, even national attention.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next