Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best pitchers in Eastern Kentucky?
3sporteagle Wrote:Just so you know Conley was clocked at 86 at UK's winter showcase. He has gained some zip on his fastball along with some muscle. He's just a hardworking kid that doesn't need the bashing some give him on here, but i know the kid personally and it really won't affect him though.

I agree Conley has put a lot of zip on his fastball. He is the best next to Chandler Shephard. Austin is there with Conley, and depending on the day could be better than Conley, but I think Conley will have a real break out year this year. Right now I would put him right behind of Shephard just because of experience alone, and i also think he throws a little bit harder than Lyons as well.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I agree Conley has put a lot of zip on his fastball. He is the best next to Chandler Shephard. Austin is there with Conley, and depending on the day could be better than Conley, but I think Conley will have a real break out year this year. Right now I would put him right behind of Shephard just because of experience alone, and i also think he throws a little bit harder than Lyons as well.

I have got to agree.:Thumbs:
playball Wrote:I know Freeman he is a good friend. He never had any surgery. He made visits to UK before Coach Cohen left. He has had offers from many schools including D1, but he decided on Wabash Valley in Illinois.

First of all, Freeman does break 80 on his fastball, saying otherwise is quite ridiculous. He breaks 80 a lot, and does so quite easily. In fact, he was clocked at regions last year (as a junior) in the upper 80s. He never had surgery on his arm, but Pikeville was the first game of the year. So why would he even attempt to throw with everything? He had an offer on the table from UK early in his high school career, however, Cohen left and the offer left with him. Many, many, many, D1 schools have made him offers. But, he decided on Wabash Valley Junior College because there he can play two years, have the option to get a FULL ride to a D1, and/or go professional. Wabash has sent over 20+ players to the professionals and even more to higher collegiate baseball programs. No one other than Freeman knows whether Wabash hopes to use him as a hard-hitting firstbaseman, as a pitcher, or both. The kid is that versatile. And again, if you don't believe in the speed of his fastball just ask the hitters from Perry Central who had to face him in the last inning of region last year......
AleDavJes Wrote:First of all, Freeman does break 80 on his fastball, saying otherwise is quite ridiculous. He breaks 80 a lot, and does so quite easily. In fact, he was clocked at regions last year (as a junior) in the upper 80s. He never had surgery on his arm, but Pikeville was the first game of the year. So why would he even attempt to throw with everything? He had an offer on the table from UK early in his high school career, however, Cohen left and the offer left with him. Many, many, many, D1 schools have made him offers. But, he decided on Wabash Valley Junior College because there he can play two years, have the option to get a FULL ride to a D1, and/or go professional. Wabash has sent over 20+ players to the professionals and even more to higher collegiate baseball programs. No one other than Freeman knows whether Wabash hopes to use him as a hard-hitting firstbaseman, as a pitcher, or both. The kid is that versatile. And again, if you don't believe in the speed of his fastball just ask the hitters from Perry Central who had to face him in the last inning of region last year......
I can certainly tell that you have never been involved in the recruitment process at all. Colleges dont give FULL rides with baseball scholarship money. They may come up with a package that contains several components that may in turn leave the player with no financial obligations, but never do they give FULL rides based soley on baseball scholarship money.

And just a little food for thought for all you out there that thinks that FULL scholarships actually exist in college baseball. I have sat in Coach Cohen's office personally and listened to him make a formal offer to a player. I will use this as an example, During this visit he told me personally that when he signed Colin Cowgill, that he signed him with the staggering sum of $500.00 a year of his available baseball scholarship money. That was to a kid that was just coming off of a Mr. Baseball of Kentucky year and would in turn be drafted multiple times.
Cody Varney is not an All-American by no meens! But he can hold his own with just about anyone! Especially when he is on his A Game! He is not a two sport athlete, but he is a three sport athlete! That is impressive to me! And says a little about his toughness
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I dont think Freeman is even going to school to be a pitcher. I am pretty sure Wabash has signed him as a first baseman. He has lost a lot on his fastball, it very rarely breaks 80 anymore.

We faced him in summer ball and it was not even 80.... 77-79

to add to the list.... Dakota Greenslate of Greenup
Jimmy Joe Morgan from Leslie, Clowers from Estil
Bosox Fan Wrote:We faced him in summer ball and it was not even 80.... 77-79

to add to the list.... Dakota Greenslate of Greenup

Yea and seeing how it was the summer kind of deletes their argument that it was the first game of the year huh? lol!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea and seeing how it was the summer kind of deletes their argument that it was the first game of the year huh? lol!

Freeman never even pitched summer ball unless it was a couple of years ago.
playball Wrote:Freeman never even pitched summer ball unless it was a couple of years ago.

He played in one game, then we played the same team later and he was not there. I heard he started doing football or something like that.....
Pittman from Middlesboro was clocked throwing 90mph in Florida.
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:Pittman from Middlesboro was clocked throwing 90mph in Florida.

Shepard from LC... :notworthy
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Shepard from LC... :notworthy

:yawn:
Now What Wrote::yawn:

:thatsfunn Confusedhh:
1)Chandler
2)Lyons
3)Conley

Where the heck are you people getting to where you think Mike can even hold a candle to Austin Lyons? I must say LC was pretty dominant last year but still nothing that couldn't be taken down. Conley really held his weight against them but Lyons has conquered way more than Mike could dream of (Paintsville over LCA to go the All A Championship game).
The Cats Pajamas Wrote:1)Chandler
2)Lyons
3)Conley

Where the heck are you people getting to where you think Mike can even hold a candle to Austin Lyons? I must say LC was pretty dominant last year but still nothing that couldn't be taken down. Conley really held his weight against them but Lyons has conquered way more than Mike could dream of (Paintsville over LCA to go the All A Championship game).
Sounds like you really know what's going on. :eyeroll:
I just about guarantee Austin would tell you himself, those statements are completely ridiculous. That's just the kind of kid he is.
But it's very likely Austin will do some great things before he's done at PHS.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Talking with Coach Smith at Bell and he said that Eastern Kentucky University clocked Greer at 88 and averaged 85-86 through 7 innings last week vs Harlan. 13th has several outstanding pitchers that throws very hard. Martin and Greer would have to be the top 2.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I can certainly tell that you have never been involved in the recruitment process at all. Colleges dont give FULL rides with baseball scholarship money. They may come up with a package that contains several components that may in turn leave the player with no financial obligations, but never do they give FULL rides based soley on baseball scholarship money.

And just a little food for thought for all you out there that thinks that FULL scholarships actually exist in college baseball. I have sat in Coach Cohen's office personally and listened to him make a formal offer to a player. I will use this as an example, During this visit he told me personally that when he signed Colin Cowgill, that he signed him with the staggering sum of $500.00 a year of his available baseball scholarship money. That was to a kid that was just coming off of a Mr. Baseball of Kentucky year and would in turn be drafted multiple times.

Oh really? Well I'll just leave you with the fact that I went through the process myself, you idiot. I was offered, but turned down a scholarship. And yes Freeman will have the opportunity to go D1 on a full ride after Wabash. I don't care about Colin Cowgill. We are not talking about Colin Cowgill. Full scholarships include much more than just baseball; financial aid packages as well as outside scholarships count toward that full ride. Oh and just so you know, many FULL rides also include meal plans, book money, etc. If that is not the definition of a full ride I dont' know what is. Good day.
AleDavJes Wrote:Oh really? Well I'll just leave you with the fact that I went through the process myself, you idiot. I was offered, but turned down a scholarship. And yes Freeman will have the opportunity to go D1 on a full ride after Wabash. I don't care about Colin Cowgill. We are not talking about Colin Cowgill. Full scholarships include much more than just baseball; financial aid packages as well as outside scholarships count toward that full ride. Oh and just so you know, many FULL rides also include meal plans, book money, etc. If that is not the definition of a full ride I dont' know what is. Good day.

lol................somebody pee in someone's cheerio's today?

1.) It appears that you are not smart enough to figure out that that is exactly what I said in the first paragraph. I said a FULL RIDE based on available baseball scholarship money ONLY.
Is that not what I said? Try reading what someone else posts a little more carefully before you spout off the next time.

2.) After seeing your intellect working in action here, I doubt that you have any insight as to whom will give whom a full ride in anything,...... regarding anything.

I believe as far as calling someone else an idiot, I would be careful the way I went about that in the future........ You just made yourself look like one....lol

Have a pleasant day yourself.:eyeroll:
I think that R.Brock from Letcher County Central deserves some credit for pitching quality games but losing thanks to a poor offensive performance. He should pitch well when the 14th regional tournament roles around thanks to Coach Dean's help.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Sounds like you really know what's going on. :eyeroll:
I just about guarantee Austin would tell you himself, those statements are completely ridiculous. That's just the kind of kid he is.
But it's very likely Austin will do some great things before he's done at PHS.

LOL, yeah true. Austin would say those were pretty outlandish things, but I believe he is one of the most disciplined pitchers around. Many hours after practice spent...