Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Co. 2009
P.C.Defense Wrote:Sad thing is in the past these teams beat Powell. We went 6-5 last season with a soph. dominated team. You must first learn to crawl before you walk. One doesn't walk into walking. We were competetive in every game last season except for Breathitt and Estill. TongueirateSho

Soph. dominated team? Rose was about the only one who stood out. He's a 17 year old sophomore. I'd say senior dominated team. You got to look at the Qb running the offense. Nobody knew what they were doing until he told them what their route/blocking assignment was. Your left side of the line. 3 seniors from center over. Gave up hardly any sacks and was the preferred side to run to. 2 outstanding receivers. In fact the two leading recievers on the team. There are more holes to fill than everyone thinks. Now on the other hand, the defense was dominated by underclassmen and will be tough this next year. But the pirates are going to have to find away to score to win games. If you attended the spring game this year, the offense wasn't so great. The defense was probably the best i've seen from a Powell Co. team. Maybe that was the reason for the not so good offense. Who knows, we will see. But overall I think they will post there second winning season in school history and everyone is happy
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I'll tell you what was really funny.When you came down last year and thought you would actually compete with us.This year will be more of the same.
:lmao: Go away! Shouldn't you be at band practice? I think your tuba needs tuning.
blitz43 Wrote::lmao: Go away! Shouldn't you be at band practice? I think your tuba needs tuning.
WOW.A football coach putting down the band.That's the best thing Powell has got.The ONLY group that's been to state except the basketball team that has been 2 BIG years.We will tune Powells tuba when you come down to the Riverbank this year.I'm counting the days.Don't run to the right cause I'll be waiting.:argue:
blitz43 Wrote::lmao: Go away! Shouldn't you be at band practice? I think your tuba needs tuning.

I think someone should contact Superintendent Evelyn Neely and the school board and let them see how some of their coaches represent their school system on this site. Grow up MAN! Don't lower yourself to arguing with kids! You are never going to get respect for your school this way. :dontthink
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:WOW.A football coach putting down the band.That's the best thing Powell has got.The ONLY group that's been to state except the basketball team that has been 2 BIG years.We will tune Powells tuba when you come down to the Riverbank this year.I'm counting the days.Don't run to the right cause I'll be waiting.:argue:
:lmao: You really know what your talkin about Bobcat. The game is at Powell this year. Yeah I bet you play.
thecoacher Wrote:I think someone should contact Superintendent Evelyn Neely and the school board and let them see how some of their coaches represent their school system on this site. Grow up MAN! Don't lower yourself to arguing with kids! You are never going to get respect for your school this way. :dontthink
Give me a break! If someone hits me with a low blow, I'm hitting back. You don't know if this "it" is a kid. Probably a coach himself. That's the problem, "it" hides behind a screen name. I used band cause there ain't no contact in band. Football takes guts to play. "it" don't seem tough enough to play football.
I play with fire Wrote:Soph. dominated team? Rose was about the only one who stood out. He's a 17 year old sophomore. I'd say senior dominated team. You got to look at the Qb running the offense. Nobody knew what they were doing until he told them what their route/blocking assignment was. Your left side of the line. 3 seniors from center over. Gave up hardly any sacks and was the preferred side to run to. 2 outstanding receivers. In fact the two leading recievers on the team. There are more holes to fill than everyone thinks. Now on the other hand, the defense was dominated by underclassmen and will be tough this next year. But the pirates are going to have to find away to score to win games. If you attended the spring game this year, the offense wasn't so great. The defense was probably the best i've seen from a Powell Co. team. Maybe that was the reason for the not so good offense. Who knows, we will see. But overall I think they will post there second winning season in school history and everyone is happy

Jesse, Faulkner, Wasson will be my leaders on D this season. They were 3 of the leading tacklers last season and all 3 will be Jr.'s this season. Add Flinchum, Brewer, Tim, Frankie, Fraley, Davis all who started or were part time starters. Powell's D will be solid. :Thumbs:
thecoacher Wrote:I think someone should contact Superintendent Evelyn Neely and the school board and let them see how some of their coaches represent their school system on this site. Grow up MAN! Don't lower yourself to arguing with kids! You are never going to get respect for your school this way. :dontthink

It's all in fun man! Until a guy like you posts this and tries to make a issue out of nothing. :HitWall:
P.C.Defense Wrote:It's all in fun man! Until a guy like you posts this and tries to make a issue out of nothing. :HitWall:
Shoot yeah! I mean, I would even buy them a burger at DQ if they were hungry. I don't mean no harm. I just get tired of breathitt bobcats negativity. Yes your right, I shouldn't stoop to "its" level. There ain't an ounce of hate in me.
P.C.Defense Wrote:It's all in fun man! Until a guy like you posts this and tries to make a issue out of nothing. :HitWall:

First of all, it was just a post and not something I would really do. It was just meant to get your attention. Second, I know it is all in fun, but as coaches you have to remember everything you say and do is a reflection on your team and your school. It is not hard to figure out who is just a kid trying to start trouble on here. Just ignore them and let your players do your talking with their play next year!
blitz43 Wrote:Shoot yeah! I mean, I would even buy them a burger at DQ if they were hungry. I don't mean no harm. I just get tired of breathitt bobcats negativity. Yes your right, I shouldn't stoop to "its" level. There ain't an ounce of hate in me.

There you go again."its".Real big.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:There you go again."its".Real big.

TongueirateSho
blitz43 Wrote::lmao: You really know what your talkin about Bobcat. The game is at Powell this year. Yeah I bet you play.

NO...better check YOUR schedule.You're coming back according to the schedule coach gave us.Since Magoffin came in the district things changed and my schedule says we get you at HOME.Can't wait.

Maybe I'll call Kyle and ask his opinion on calling Mrs Neely before I do.:moon:
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Maybe I'll call Kyle and ask his opinion on calling Mrs Neely before I do.:moon:
What would calling Stanton Grade School's principle do with anything. You are always name dropping like it means anything.
TongueirateSho
Or maybe you are Kyle?
It would work. He has ties to both schools. I ain't saying, I'm just saying.
blitz43 Wrote:It would work. He has ties to both schools. I ain't saying, I'm just saying.
Kyle graduated back in the 90's dude.Get a clue.Just figured he would know how to handle coaches who act like kids.
blitz43 Wrote::lmao: You really know what your talkin about Bobcat. The game is at Powell this year. Yeah I bet you play.
Hey dude you started a post of Powell County 2009 schedule.Read what YOU wrote Breathitt AWAY.Now apologize.:eyeroll:
:thatsfunn
blitz43 Wrote:Or maybe you are Kyle?

I never thought about that...........Confusedhh:
blitz43 Wrote:What would calling Stanton Grade School's principle do with anything. You are always name dropping like it means anything.
TongueirateSho

:lmao: You better straighten' up son! He'll put your desk in the corner and make you right "I'LL BE GOOD" 1000 TIMES ON THE BLACK BOARD.:lmao:
The Breathitt game is at Breathitt again due to the new district. Breathitt will be loaded but Powell will be better. Fugate and the Bobcats will be a full-load for anyone in 3A.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Kyle graduated back in the 90's dude.Get a clue.Just figured he would know how to handle coaches who act like kids.

HANDLE??? :dontthink
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Maybe I'll call Kyle and ask his opinion on calling Mrs Neely before I do.:moon:
Let's not start the " I'M TELLIN' ON YOU!" :flush: It's about FOOTBALL!
Breathitt has a GREAT program, Were trying to build a program at Powell.
Were not at the level of a Breathitt yet so were not going to play a Breathittt schedule. We had the first ever winning season in over 20 years last year at Powell and that was the foundation being laid.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Hey dude you started a post of Powell County 2009 schedule.Read what YOU wrote Breathitt AWAY.Now apologize.:eyeroll:
I forgot about the district being re-done. Apologize....Never! TongueirateSho
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Kyle graduated back in the 90's dude.Get a clue.Just figured he would know how to handle coaches who act like kids.
How could he if he's on here preaching all this negativity?TongueirateSho
Anyway, the pirates should be a much improved team. We got some holes to fill as do most teams. We will be fine. We have a great stable of RBs. The line should be descent. Our WR's will really have to buckle down. They can catch but are little. The D doesn't have any excuses. We return nearly all of them. The team has gotten a lot stronger too. From one max week to the next, about a month, everyone has went up 15 to 20 lbs. in each core lift. I'm proud of you men, keep working hard.
Powell is be better but I dont think that they are ready to compete on a state level that Breathitt is on year in and year out. Powell will def improve this year, the kids there have another year in the system and another year to get bigger, faster, and stronger. I just hope that its a good game when Powell comes to Breathitt. I wish them nothing but luck. Keep the kids head up and they will get better and better.
P.C.Defense Wrote:The Breathitt game is at Breathitt again due to the new district. Breathitt will be loaded but Powell will be better. Fugate and the Bobcats will be a full-load for anyone in 3A.
Powell will be better than last year or better than us?
blitz43 Wrote:How could he if he's on here preaching all this negativity?TongueirateSho
I'll see him this weekend and I'll let him know your making false accusations about him on here.I'm sure he will appreciate it.