Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Field in the 14th?
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Seriously, they raised 2 1/2 million dollars to build this field?????? What kind of fundraising did they do?? I'm sure there are coaches all over the state that would like to know how they paid for this field by theirselves????? And I"m sure they couldn't of split it up and built 2 fields at $1 1/4 million each!!! I guess that would of made much more sense for the school.

LOL... I wasnt meaning raising money to build the field. I was just talking about all of our equiptment and uniforms, sorry I wasnt clear on what I was saying.
So since they didn't raise the money, it should of been divided between the two teams and build a field for both. HEARD OF TITLE 9??????
It is what it is...They will have one built from what I heard...It isn't the baseball teams fault..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Is it me or is the foul pole hanging just a little to the right, lol. Kind of reminds me of baseball God's pulling it over for a homerun to stay fair for Hazard when needed, lol! They do have a nice field and seems to be getting nicer every year!

Yes, this was due to some of the bad wind storms we've had recently. Coach Meehan and his staff puts a lot of time and hard work into their field. It won't take them long to get it fixed. The new press box/concession stand is going to be really nice once finished. A possibility of bleachers being added to each side is also been talked about. Hazard has a top notch field and soon a top notch facility.
kcc has a nice field.
Bluecat Wrote:Yes, this was due to some of the bad wind storms we've had recently. Coach Meehan and his staff puts a lot of time and hard work into their field. It won't take them long to get it fixed. The new press box/concession stand is going to be really nice once finished. A possibility of bleachers being added to each side is also been talked about. Hazard has a top notch field and soon a top notch facility.
Being a Red Sox fan, I miss the wall that use to be up in left field! It gave the field it's own identity! I SAY PUT IT BACK MEEHAN, lol! Always love/loved watching/playing/coaching a game at Hazard!
I remember it well. However, I really like the way they have the field looking now.
estil
Jshort5 Wrote:Too True. I don't know what the contractors/Engineers/School Board thought when they put the field there. There is a VERY limited amount of parking. But needless to say, we are very lucky to be playing on a field this nice. I remember when I was really little, and I would go to Johnson City and see those new baseball fields on 181 and think to myself, one day I want to play on a field that nice, and now I am...So it literally is a dream come true.

Those fields on 181 are a gift from God my young padawan.
KCC just got a new scoreboard this week. I havent got to see it yet but ive heard it is very nice. This will make the field look even better.
Powell probably dont have the best field but it is a nice field.
Another view of Hazard's field....
[Image: http://inlinethumb47.webshots.com/42734/...600Q85.jpg]
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Being a Red Sox fan, I miss the wall that use to be up in left field! It gave the field it's own identity! I SAY PUT IT BACK MEEHAN, lol! Always love/loved watching/playing/coaching a game at Hazard!

I really liked the wall as well!! Would like to see it back, c'mon Coach Meehan!! :Thumbs:
14thregionrules Wrote:first off your crazy cause kcc is the same way and kcc has an much nicer field hands down

there is no room to put anything. all there is a little room behind left/center field that they might be able to put somehting small but thats it.