Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 7 - Breathitt Co. 5 (14th Region)
Im sure that neither of them will make a big deal of it and that is not really what I was getting at. I just don't think that things should be done that way. If Creech was Wolfe's best player by far, which I don't think anyone will argue with, and if he played the best in the regional game for Wolfe, which there is absolutely no doubt, then he should have been rewarded for that and not punished because he is only in the 8th grade. That is all that I am saying.
PCBaseball Wrote:Sounds good. All of these youn kids need to use their fastball more and learn how to spot it. How hard do you think he's throwing right now and does he have the potential to get up into the 90's like his dad. I had to face him in high school. Gas all the time. Low to mid 90's consistantly. Is there any shot at him throwing that hard by the time he is a Jr or Sr?
I saw him pitch a few times and at times he would get up around 80 to 82, but consistantly he was around 75 to 77. As to whether he will get it up in the 90's by the time he is a junior or senior, I would say as hard as he works, it could be possible.
lickbranchlegend Wrote:No. Still can't believe he caught them. Those catches sure did come at crucial times in the game. He made a diving catch against Hazard, too.
Who was that kid anyway?
foxhound Wrote:Ridge and PC I've known Campbell since he played Little League. I hope he doesn't feel like he was put in a bad spot. He's friends with the Creech kid and I think they are both mature enough to not make a big deal of it. After all, they both tolerated WCHS baseball. That tells me they both have character!
foxhound, I agree that between those two kids there will be no big deal made of it at all. They are both first class guys and seem to be very good friends. the problem here is not with the kids, but whoever made this decision sure looks an idiot.
PCBaseball Wrote:Yes, I would have to agree you may have won it all. Where do you think Creech will end up next year? I hope we get him, but I hear that Knott, Estill, Hazard and PCC are in the mix as well as you guys. If you guys had had him in that line up in front of Ritchie this year you all would have really been dangerous. He also has an absolute cannon behind the plate. The scarry thing is, he will only get better and that arm will get alot stronger. Scarry, very scarry.

has Creech said where he would like to play baseball next year?
Strikeout King Wrote:has Creech said where he would like to play baseball next year?
I haven't heard anything except that every coach in the region wants him very bad. Whoever gets him will be very lucky and will be getting a great talent and a very hard worker.
Ridgerunner Wrote:I haven't heard anything except that every coach in the region wants him very bad. Whoever gets him will be very lucky and will be getting a great talent and a very hard worker.

yes they will. i myself i would like to see Creech in a Engineer Uniform next season. who ever gets him will be getting a great ball player and from what ive heard a great kid too.
Strikeout King Wrote:yes they will. i myself i would like to see Creech in a Engineer Uniform next season. who ever gets him will be getting a great ball player and from what ive heard a great kid too.
Did you get to see him play last week?
Ridgerunner Wrote:Did you get to see him play last week?

no i didnt get a chance too but all ive heard is been great things about him
Strikeout King Wrote:no i didnt get a chance too but all ive heard is been great things about him
Who was the kid he threw out from his knees. You should have seen that. He got him by 3 or 4 steps. Estill had a runner on 3rd as well and he threw the guy out at 2nd so fast that your coach didn't even try to send the runner at 3rd home.
Ridgerunner Wrote:Who was the kid he threw out from his knees. You should have seen that. He got him by 3 or 4 steps. Estill had a runner on 3rd as well and he threw the guy out at 2nd so fast that your coach didn't even try to send the runner at 3rd home.

i cant remember who it was but i remember hearing about it. now thats pretty fast.
Strikeout King Wrote:i cant remember who it was but i remember hearing about it. now thats pretty fast.
A kid like that can sure control the other teams running game. Also, according to maxpreps.com he finished the season with a .607 batting avg. He probably led the region and maybe the state in hitting.
Ridgerunner Wrote:A kid like that can sure control the other teams running game. Also, according to maxpreps.com he finished the season with a .607 batting avg. He probably led the region and maybe the state in hitting.

thats pretty impressive. where ever he goes i wish him the best of luck and hope he has a great baseball career.
Strikeout King Wrote:thats pretty impressive. where ever he goes i wish him the best of luck and hope he has a great baseball career.

I do to, but I am sure going to miss watching him play on a regular basis, but I will make it a point to go watch him a few times if at all possible. I understand why he needs to go, but I hate to see him leave. He's a real good basketball player too and played alot of varsity for us this year, especially at the end of the year and in the district and regional tournaments.
i just wonder what school is his top choice to, transfer?
I'd like to know that as well.
well if you find out anything please let us know and if i hear anything ill be sure and to let you all know
I believe I will call his dad and try to get him to bring him down to Powell. Sure would love to have him here.
Ridgerunner Wrote:Who was the kid he threw out from his knees. You should have seen that. He got him by 3 or 4 steps. Estill had a runner on 3rd as well and he threw the guy out at 2nd so fast that your coach didn't even try to send the runner at 3rd home.
I saw it and when the runner tried to steal second with a runner on third and he didn't get up I thought he was just throwing it hard back to the pitcher and boom, the shorstop had the ball, waiting on the runner to get there. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Best arm from behind the plate that I saw all year long and he's an 8th grader. Unbelievable.
Ridgerunner Wrote:I saw him pitch a few times and at times he would get up around 80 to 82, but consistantly he was around 75 to 77. As to whether he will get it up in the 90's by the time he is a junior or senior, I would say as hard as he works, it could be possible.
I wish he had been able to pitch against Estill because I would have liked to seen him throw.
This thread is about Hazard - Breathitt. Let's take the Wolfe-Creech debate/commentary to its own thread.
Who picked the All-Tournament team? Coaches ? Media? ???
How many seniors does Hazard lose? Who?
mandan Wrote:How many seniors does Hazard lose? Who?

Josh Feltner

Tyler Olinger

T.J. Searcy

Ryan Combs

Jody Grigsby
Ridgerunner Wrote:I do to, but I am sure going to miss watching him play on a regular basis, but I will make it a point to go watch him a few times if at all possible. I understand why he needs to go, but I hate to see him leave. He's a real good basketball player too and played alot of varsity for us this year, especially at the end of the year and in the district and regional tournaments.

Wolfe Co. will miss him. He's an outstanding athlete.
Strikeout King Wrote:5

Josh Feltner

Tyler Olinger

T.J. Searcy

Ryan Combs

Jody Grigsby

They will be hard to replace.
lickbranchlegend Wrote:They will be hard to replace.

They sure will. Not only are they good baseball players but they are fine young men. We're sure gonna miss em.
I thought Meehan wa a senior. Seems like he's been there forever!
mandan Wrote:I thought Meehan wa a senior. Seems like he's been there forever!

he's a junior