Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central in 2006
"achsrebels25" Wrote:I see John Bryant becoming a dominant force in the 58th and maybe even the 15th. This year will definitely be his coming out party. His bat will be a big part of the 2006 Rebels success.

John Bryant who's he?
hes a Junior this year....and he will be one of the key players for AC this year
How will he be a key player when nobody has heard of him. What position does he play?
"#_4" Wrote:How will he be a key player when nobody has heard of him. What position does he play?

John Bryant will barely see time off the bench this year. He may hit every now and then. Allen Central has a tough team coming back this year only losing 2 seniors Ryan Hammonds and Wilfredo Dominguez. They return 7 startes 5 of which are seniors and 3 of them, Nick Music, Justin Jacobs and Tyler Turner, will make their 4th year starting as they started for the Rebels their freshmen year in 2003 when the Rebels won the 15th region as a cinderella team. They will have an experienced team and will have to give Little better run support in big games. Turner will have to step up on the mound as will other key players in order for AC to win the region. They are skilled and are one of the better teams in the 15th just ask Mike Hall about that. AC will go in as a top seed in the tourny this year as they should walk through the 58th easily but never underestimate any teams in the 15th such as Paintsville, JCHS, SC, or Pikeville cause those 4 teams are talented as well and all will compete solidly this year.
I've seen a lot of thier players play in little league or some other league and they are all very talented and they seem to do everything well.
What i hear john bryant doesnt even get to play on the varsity team for the rebels....what positon does he play ?
I think allen central has the best team around. They will have no worrys about beating any team around here. The starters are kidd,turner,music,little,alex,bryant,mckinney(if arm is ok)and jaccobs
:CheerleadGO AC
Allen central will be the best team this year, i think john bryant is a pretty good player. hopefully, mckinney's arm will be ok this year. :wenumber1
Bryant was the DH in some varsity games last year at Stumbo Park Really don't recall him doing much as DH. Watched him play 3rd base in a JV game- the middle school players were outplaying him there. Don't see him making much of an impact at ACHS - based on his playing from last year. Of course this will be a new season and only time will tell.
Thats what i think A.c. will win regoins this year easly
I think AC will have a solid club this season, and will be one of the top teams in the 15th Region. They have a core of seniors who are very talented, and seem to be well coached.
they will win district again easily
I agree there.
I think AC is going to be top in the region this year, they didnt lose much last year and i feel like the team is in a way mkore dedicated this year, the AL signing of Kidd and Jacobs will make them more dedicated. and freshman Josh prated will bring some good to the team. Josh Mckinned is back after being injured and i know his head is in the right place.

:Cheerlead
P -- Little, Turner, Kidd, staff

C -- Kidd

1B -- McKinney, Bryant (Hammonds was tough defensively and a good hitter)

2B -- Jacobs

3B -- ??? (Turner will prolly play short where he was in the tourn last year)

SS -- Turner

LF -- Hammonds

CF -- Music (Dominguez was good in center... i think the music boy will move to the outfield tho)

RF -- Little (played there a lot last year...) Who plays right when he pitches.. ???????

Who does AC have knew this year? Who will step up and fill the holes?
P - Little, Turner, Kidd, Music, Prater, McKinney (if arm is alright by March), Jacobs

C - Kidd

1B - Bryant or McKinney; McKinney played well last season at 3rd, but also played a lot at 1st; Bryant played a few games at 1st last season

2B - Jacobs

SS - Turner or Prater; Turner played a great SS last year, but may move to 3rd if Josh Prater decides to play

3B - McKinney or Turner; Both are good defensively IMO and have experience at the "hot corner"

LF - Hammonds

CF - Music

RF - Little (when not pitching) or Prater; Josh Prater may need to play some OF when Little is on the mound, but has the ability to play anywhere
I would be shocked to see Bryant at first. The games I saw last year- he played 3rd in JV games. He was to slow- I can't imagine him at 1st and can't recall him playing any games at 1st last season. Of course- I mostly saw the AC and BL games that were played at Stumbo Park. But I think AC has some boys who can out play Bryant- that should give him a run for a position. Bryant will have to show big improvement from last season (IMO) to get the starting spot.

If Prater comes out and picks up where he left off (since he didn't play last season). He could be a major player for AC.
How about this:Mckinney at 1st, Hammonds at 2nd, Turner at SS, Jacobs at third, Little in right, Music in center and whoever deserves it in left. Just have to handle your pitching rotation.
"hacyco" Wrote:How about this:Mckinney at 1st, Hammonds at 2nd, Turner at SS, Jacobs at third, Little in right, Music in center and whoever deserves it in left. Just have to handle your pitching rotation.
Looks good, hacyco. But i owuld probably switch Jacobs and Turner. They both have strong arms for 3rd, but I just think Turner is better at the position. Jacobs has the range and quickness to play short, and he is more experienced at the middle infield, IMO. As for left field, I think Prater would be a good fit if he proves himself in the pre-season once basketball is over with.
they cnat hang wiht pikeville, never have and never will, anderson blows away rebels in the semi's
AC is much improved from last year, and last year they were very talented. This is the same team that beat Pikeville in District play during Senior League a few years ago, and I'm pretty sure Pikeville has a few of the same players as well. I'm not saying AC is better, because Pikeville is #1 until someone takes the title away, but AC is arguably one of the best in the region this pre-season. Should be exciting!!!
well that team that played against the allen central senior leage had two high school pikeville player on it, matt sexton and chase huffman and that was when chase couldnt throw a strike and matt wasent very good. all of the other player were on the summer baseball team, and i know they couldnt of stoped that team.
I wasn't for sure, jackson5. I remembered a few players, but I know not all of Pikeville's players played. Thanks for clearing that up. With the addition of Lawrence County, this should be an exciting year in the 15th Region, huh?
Good Luck To The Rebels. A Great Squad And To A Great Bunch Of Boosters That Care About The Program.
AC will have an awesome team this year along with seniors Tyler Turner Nick Music Josh McKinney Justin Jacobs and Brock Kidd they will lead the 15th!!!