Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SECTION 8 SEMI-STATE Lawrence Co./East Carter
Batpuff Wrote:Cody has pitched the 15th Regional Championship the past two years and was the winning pitcher the past two years.... That is pretty impressive to me.... He does what is asked of him and does it pretty good.....

It is, and if you remember I was the very first to post the final score of the regional tournament championship game and congratulate him on the fine game he pitched. I agreed with all of that. I just countered your claim that he was at this point time in the elitest "stud" category. He is just not there as of yet. I'm sure that he will improve as time goes on.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:It's more like it's caused by the childish idiocy that just never ends from you.

Says bubby. Confusedhh:

Moore is thought to be a stud because he is a great pitcher, who in fact recieve 15th region MVP as a sophomore. You cant argue that..
Chandler S. is a great sophomore pitcher as well and was published in the newspaper last year as PHENOM. what im saying is, that its just a word and you poop your pants over it Kimball. Just like bubby, you bold and italicized it 7 times in one post.. wow get over it they are just words. crybaby :thatsfunn

:Thumbs:

GO LC !!!

Cody Moore------> :1:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:It is, and if you remember I was the very first to post the final score of the regional tournament championship game and congratulate him on the fine game he pitched. I agreed with all of that. I just countered your claim that he was at this point time in the elitest "stud" category. He is just not there as of yet. I'm sure that he will improve as time goes on.

So what puts him or any other player in your eyes as a stud then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:So what puts him or any other player in your eyes as a stud then.

His own
Batpuff Wrote:So what puts him or any other player in your eyes as a stud then.
I can only name a few out of the whole 15th region in the last few years that has those credentials.

Shepherd is.

Hayes was.

Blevins was.

Those guys were/are on a different level. Get the drift?
Triple Crown Wrote:His own

LOL....Only one member of "Triple Crown" was. Confusedhh: Sorry!!!
SolidOxygen Wrote:Says bubby. Confusedhh:

Moore is thought to be a stud because he is a great pitcher, who in fact recieve 15th region MVP as a sophomore. You cant argue that..
Chandler S. is a great sophomore pitcher as well and was published in the newspaper last year as PHENOM. what im saying is, that its just a word and you poop your pants over it Kimball. Just like bubby, you bold and italicized it 7 times in one post.. wow get over it they are just words. crybaby :thatsfunn

:Thumbs:

GO LC !!!

Cody Moore------> :1:

And just like a bunch of cockroaches they all crawl out of the woodwork once again. :yikes: Where did they all go after the district tournament? It was like someone sprayed Raid over the internet.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:And just like a bunch of cockroaches they all crawl out of the woodwork once again. :yikes: Where did they all go after the district tournament? It was like someone sprayed Raid over the internet.

Really not alot to say after losing a game that we should have won.... But I wouldnt go around and calling us cockroaches.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I can only name a few out of the whole 15th region in the last few years that has those credentials.

Shepherd is.

Hayes was.

Blevins was.

Those guys were/are on a different level. Get the drift?

Well they are great players just as Cody is... Is he a stud well in my book he is and yours he isnt... so that where we have to agree to disagree.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Really not alot to say after losing a game that we should have won.... But I wouldnt go around and calling us cockroaches.
Why should LC have won?

Anyone got a fly-swatter instead? That Raid stuff gives me a headache........
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Why should LC have won?

Anyone got a fly-swatter instead? That Raid stuff gives me a headache........

Well its not rocket science like some try to make it out to be.. We were winning going into the 7th and blew the lead come on now... All I can say is you better get a big *** fly swat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Oh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Really not alot to say after losing a game that we should have won.... But I wouldnt go around and calling us cockroaches.

Should have won? A game is composed of 7 innings. It takes performing well for all 7 of them to get a win. A`lot of games go back and forth all the time. The key is to be on top after 7 complete.

The problem you had was that your pitcher was beginning to tire, and lost focus. He was throwing in the 84-86 MPH range in the 6th. Then in the 7th he gave up 3 hits and began to panic, as displayed by the wild throw to first. Actually all 3 hits were hit at exactly 87MPH. He had the adrenelin flowing and began trying to overthrow in the 7th. What happens when you do that is you either start throwing the ball high or begin throwing it in the dirt, or start throwing it across your body. Shepherd of course starting throwing high because he has an over the top delivery and hen got behind in the count. He did hit 89 in the 7th after he got frustrated, but when he started to try to throw the ball by eveyone, that is what caused the walls to start crumbling in. He was just completely unfocused and out of control at that point.

By the way the use of the word cockroaches was used as an anachronism. It wasn't personal.
Batpuff Wrote:Well they are great players just as Cody is... Is he a stud well in my book he is and yours he isnt... so that where we have to agree to disagree.
OK thats fine.

But he is nowhere near the level as the others I mentioned. That is what I base my standard from. A right hander throwing just 74-76 is not numbers that go along with stud. I will go out on a limb and say that you would not be calling him a stud if he were playing for a team other than Lawrence, would you? Probably a little homerism, but I guess there's not much wrong with that.
Bulldogs will shut them out
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Should have won? A game is composed of 7 innings. It takes performing well for all 7 of them to get a win. A`lot of games go back and forth all the time. The key is to be on top after 7 complete.

The problem you had was that your pitcher was beginning to tire, and lost focus. He was throwing in the 84-86 MPH range in the 6th. Then in the 7th he gave up 3 hits and began to panic, as displayed by the wild throw to first. Actually all 3 hits were hit at exactly 87MPH. He had the adrenelin flowing and began trying to overthrow in the 7th. What happens when you do that is you either start throwing the ball high or begin throwing it in the dirt, or start throwing it across your body. Shepherd of course starting throwing high because he has an over the top delivery and hen got behind in the count. He did hit 89 in the 7th after he got frustrated, but when he started to try to throw the ball by eveyone, that is what caused the walls to start crumbling in. He was just completely unfocused and out of control at that point.

By the way the use of the word cockroaches was used as an anachronism. It wasn't personal.

as usually thier mr. k wrong again...i sat in front of you at district...you sure seem to get mixed up alot.. maybe age but anyway, chan didn't make the wild throw to first, the catcher did on ousley's dribbler in front of plate that they gave him a hit on.....if you know so much about pitching and the pitchers around here come on down and help us.. if not you need to keep the analyzing to a minium....as i have told you in the past if you need to know something about chan just ask me. i am always around the field.....if your your team is as good as you say they are then it dont matter who is on mound by the 7th they should have him figured out....but just my opinion..oh and the comments you make in stands...well thay speak for themselves too..no wonder you get mixed up alot.........
Blueheat Wrote:MVP SOUNDS LIKE STUD TO ME..Confusedhh:

To YOU, yes 15th region MVP does sound like a stud. To ANY college coach 74-77 MPH sounds more like batting practice. Congrats to the young man, but don't try to pump him or anyone else up to be something that they are not.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:To YOU, yes 15th region MVP does sound like a stud. To ANY college coach 74-77 MPH sounds more like batting practice. Congrats to the young man, but don't try to pump him or anyone else up to be something that they are not.

My goodness he is just a sophomore so I am sure he will get stronger... And its not always about how hard your throw its if you can get batters out and he has been doing that very well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:My goodness he is just a sophomore so I am sure he will get stronger... And its not always about how hard your throw its if you can get batters out and he has been doing that very well.

No doubt he has been getting guys out and I hope he does get stronger and gets recruited and drafted and makes his way to Cooperstown on day! However, calling him a "stud" at this point is simply not true and hurts the cred. of the person making the statement as well as the site as a whole.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:No doubt he has been getting guys out and I hope he does get stronger and gets recruited and drafted and makes his way to Cooperstown on day! However, calling him a "stud" at this point is simply not true and hurts the cred. of the person making the statement as well as the site as a whole.
You have lost your flipping mind.....How is it he isnt a stud then and how does it hurt the cred of the person making the statement... Thats just right down funny on my book.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:To YOU, yes 15th region MVP does sound like a stud. To ANY college coach 74-77 MPH sounds more like batting practice. Congrats to the young man, but don't try to pump him or anyone else up to be something that they are not.

GOOD Point! I think this is what Mr. K. was trying to say. He may have had a STUDLEY performance a couple of big games, but no way makes a complete STUD 24/7. He is still young, let him work @ becoming stronger instead of claiming his stud status early. That is what destroys kids. They have great early careers and think that they don't have to work hard to reach their potential. I am impressed with Sheppard though. He seems to be getting better each year. Keep up the good work!