Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Predictions
I agree and east ridge has a 6 10 guy and a 6 5 guy that can jump out of the gym so there go's that argument.
If Shelby Valley doesn't win the Region it will be because of A)injury/illness B)coaching (not saying Booher will lose it, I am just saying their talent level is that much better that the only way they dont win the 15th is if he just tanks it) C)foul trouble combined with a red hot three point shooting team

and those are ranked from highest chance of happening to lowest

They lost 2 bigs down low, but that actually will open up more scoring opportunity with a little less post defense. So I expect them to score more next season but give up a few more points as well. Also, they lost senior leadership of Bryant, which sometimes was him being a hot head but thats part of the passion of the game. His defense and occasion big time shot making was often a spark, but another year of a maturity in Elisha I think will have him doing enough to fill that postion (if he stays healthy). Also, the confidence he probably gained by playing so well in AAU ball is great.

Valley is at least 4 guys this year who will have 2 or more 20+ pt games [Justice, Hatfield (IF he keeps his head on straight, only time he doesnt play great is pure headcase syndrome), Tyler, and then either Taylor] with Varney and Ramey having the possibility of joining that group as well.
asdfasdf Wrote:If Shelby Valley doesn't win the Region it will be because of A)injury/illness B)coaching (not saying Booher will lose it, I am just saying their talent level is that much better that the only way they dont win the 15th is if he just tanks it) C)foul trouble combined with a red hot three point shooting team

and those are ranked from highest chance of happening to lowest

They lost 2 bigs down low, but that actually will open up more scoring opportunity with a little less post defense. So I expect them to score more next season but give up a few more points as well. Also, they lost senior leadership of Bryant, which sometimes was him being a hot head but thats part of the passion of the game. His defense and occasion big time shot making was often a spark, but another year of a maturity in Elisha I think will have him doing enough to fill that postion (if he stays healthy). Also, the confidence he probably gained by playing so well in AAU ball is great.

Valley is at least 4 guys this year who will have 2 or more 20+ pt games [Justice, Hatfield (IF he keeps his head on straight, only time he doesnt play great is pure headcase syndrome), Tyler, and then either Taylor] with Varney and Ramey having the possibility of joining that group as well.

I look for multiple 20 point games out of Tyler this year.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I look for multiple 20 point games out of Tyler this year.

Me too, I am excited for his season big time, got a lot of confidence in that kid.
You can say what you want, but SV will not win it this year.
warriors#55 Wrote:I agree and east ridge has a 6 10 guy and a 6 5 guy that can jump out of the gym so there go's that argument.

6'10" no...6'7" at best yes...walk and chew bubble gum no...

6'5" and jump out of the gym...does not win games...
nikeman1 Wrote:valley is a great team but anything can happen on any given night i just dont see them repeating this year

so who do you see winning this year?
There is no one in the region that can compete with Valley's speed and defense. Another year better for Elisha Justice and Ashley Hatfield. Even though the losses of Branyt, Adams, and Tackett will hurt with their depth the talent is still too high for this team not to win it.
Anybody that watched at least one Valley game last year knows that they were very deep. Without a doubt Valley will win every single game they play in the region. Regional champs again hands down!!!! Good luck Valley!
I know Valley is good but anyone can lose on any given night.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:6'5" and jump out of the gym...does not win games...

Bingo. :1:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
warriors#55 Wrote:You can say what you want, but SV will not win it this year.

warriors#55 Wrote:I know Valley is good but anyone can lose on any given night.

Of course anyone can lose on any given night. One could say that Holmes could lose to SV if they played this year, too. But barring an injury, they wouldn't lose to SV because Holmes is just too talented.

On the same token, barring injury SV is just too talented to lose a game in the region this year. It's just not going to happen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Valley will win every game they play in eastern ky devans size, kirbys toughness and bryants leadership will be a small loss, and elisha will bring the leadership, taylor plays like hes 6'6 and is tougher than kirby was...........imo deaven kind of slowed them down last year on offense and with a smaller lineup they WILL be better this year than last year the only team i think is capable of beating them is holmes, sure thats 7 out of 10 times but ill take 30 percent any day.........in baseball batting 300 is really good.
SV would have to be the favorite, but with a big bulls eye on their back it will not be as easy as they think.

SV should not get cocky, the 15th is the weakset region in the state!
Shelby Valley
Nefarious83 Wrote:Shelby Valley

stay out of the 15th region
Not to change topic but how good are the other teams in the region suppose to be this year? I just dont think that any other team can compete with the talent and defense that Valley can press on a team. The teams around here did not do well against SV's defense.
Valley undefeated... hands down. This is the classes AFTER all those "holdbacks" in grade school, most of the players on other teams are inexperienced as starters because they have sat behind holdbacks their whole careers.
most of you are too quick to judge the 15. valley will have a tough time with lc this year. the loss of tacket will have a huge effect on their post play. if lc coach gives his team the right mindset to take it one game at a time they will def. make some noise in the 15th. also jc may be alright depending on how many players they lost. and idk much about east ridge, but by the sound of things they must have some decent post play.
wildcatlover Wrote:Anybody that watched at least one Valley game last year knows that they were very deep. Without a doubt Valley will win every single game they play in the region. Regional champs again hands down!!!! Good luck Valley!

As of now who is the starting 5 and the main ones off the bench?
play_maker Wrote:As of now who is the starting 5 and the main ones off the bench?

If I had to guess

Elisha Justice
Cody Varney
Tyler Newsome
Ashley Hatfield
Taylor Newsome

then off the bench

Zach Ramey
Rusty and Trey Roberts
Logan Lucas??- not sure if that's his name
Jake Robinson
57th District
Lawrence County

58th District
Betsy Layne

59th District
Shelby Valley

60th District
Belfry

Region Champion
Shelby Valley
We (SV) should have made a deep run in the sweet 16 last year....but due to bad team chemistry at half time in the locker we fell short.....we did lose alot inside and a great defensive player in logan...but were just as good as last year...should be a fun 09/10 season!!!
Down and Out Wrote:This one is a no brainer , unless there is huge upset Shelby Valley is far and away the best team in thsi region and its going to take a perfect game for a team in this region to knock them off.

a perfect game by another team and a bad night from SV because if any team in this region plays perfect against SV i still think SV could come out on top as long as they played decent.

SV will win this region with ease. i think they should be favored in every region game they play by at least 20 points or more.
monster_energy Wrote:a perfect game by another team and a bad night from SV because if any team in this region plays perfect against SV i still think SV could come out on top as long as they played decent.

SV will win this region with ease. i think they should be favored in every region game they play by at least 20 points or more.
I don't know about 20 points. That's quite a bit. But Valley is by far the best team in this region! Just like last season, everyone else is playing for that runner-up trophy.
Shelby Valley no doubt.
well IMO zach ramey is not what people think. where has he played other than the ymca? i mean yea hes good but to say hes going to be a huge factor at valley this year, i dont think so.

i also have to say that if valley plays a game like they did when betsy layne came to valley last year then it just maybe a loss this season.
mister... basketball Wrote:well IMO zach ramey is not what people think. where has he played other than the ymca? i mean yea hes good but to say hes going to be a huge factor at valley this year, i dont think so.

i also have to say that if valley plays a game like they did when betsy layne came to valley last year then it just maybe a loss this season.

Elisha was just coming off an injury.
An injury-free Shelby Valley team should win the region easily. However, you never know what could happen???????? Just like the above post said "Elisha was coming off injury!" He's great but not immortal, accidents can and do happen. Best of Luck, nonetheless
Agreed, a less-than-100% Elisha Justice makes Shelby Valley vulnerable. Just like last year, if he misses games for any reason, Valley will likely suffer some losses.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]