•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian/Gospel Music
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd5IODevykM&feature=related"]YouTube- "Awesome God" By Mark Lowry/Marshall Hall/Jessy Dixon[/nomedia]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yPX7geU7dc&feature=related"]YouTube- "Where No One Stands Alone" By The Gaither Vocal Band[/nomedia]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI9XnAaM8js&feature=related"]YouTube- "Mercy Walked In" By Gordon Mote/Sheri Easter/Charlotte (08)[/nomedia]

LWC show me how to fix it where it is on the screen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Cougarpride08, when you go to the page with the video on it, click on the word "embed" and copy the code that pops up. Paste the code onto this site. Then you are set. BTW, the code will be REALLY long!
lwc Wrote:Cougarpride08, when you go to the page with the video on it, click on the word "embed" and copy the code that pops up. Paste the code onto this site. Then you are set. BTW, the code will be REALLY long!
I just copy the address from the address bar and paste it here and it works for me.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI9XnAaM8js&feature=related"]YouTube- "Mercy Walked In" By Gordon Mote/Sheri Easter/Charlotte (08)[/nomedia]

EDIT: It used to, but not now.

Yep, embed works.
Deleted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I'm not into gospel music, but for all you "The Primitive Quartet" fans, I rode my motorcycle through Hominy Valley,NC. this weekend and drove right by their Hominy Valley farm where there do those big gospel concerts. Looked like a couple of RV's were set up, so they might be close to having another one. They do have a good sound though, after listening to them on youtube. I like the old style quartet sound.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F9z54g30Eo&feature=related"]YouTube - Sanctus Real - Forgiven (Slideshow With Lyrics)[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrrjbTc0urk"]YouTube - Steven Curtis Chapman - The Great Adventure (Concept Video)[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXvIaaPIrlM"]YouTube - Third Day - Agnus Dei[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_36u-TkeQQ"]YouTube - Third Day - King of Glory[/nomedia]
Who is your favorite artist LWC?

My favorite song is "Peace in the Valley". My father has sang that song in church ever since I have been alive. Still at 83, he picks the strings and sings it in churches around Ezel today.

His music background started off playing back-up to Chet Atkins and Skeeter Davis many moons ago.
Stardust Wrote:Who is your favorite artist LWC?

My favorite song is "Peace in the Valley". My father has sang that song in church ever since I have been alive. Still at 83, he picks the strings and sings it in churches around Ezel today.

His music background started off playing back-up to Chet Atkins and Skeeter Davis many moons ago.

I have learned to classify my favorites, lol.

My personal favorite to hear in church is "Just As I Am" and those invitationals, they still pull on my heart and I have been saved by grace for 10 years, lol.

My favorite Gospel artist is the Gaither Vocal Band. I have to clarify that as well, the G.V.B WITH Bill Gaither, Mark Lowry, Guy Penrod and the greatest tenor gospel singer ever, David Phelps.

My favorite gospel band used to be The Crabb Family, but they have broken up with most members doing their own thing now. Jason Crabb is still somewhat successful, but they will never be as good as they all were together. I just love that style of gospel music, that reminds me of my mamaw's church.

My favorite Christian band is very hard to decipher. 3rd Day has had some not-so-good-songs, but when they have a good one, it is REALLY good. Mercy Me is probably my favorite but Casting Crowns first two albums were legendary. Voice of Truth, Lifesong, If We Are the Body, and Who Am I (maybe my favorite Christian song) just to name a few.

Christian music, as a whole, today, is better than it ever has been. Back in the 90's there was Michael W. Smith dominating and 4 or 5 other bands that were good, but to turn on the radio, you had to hope that a good song was on. Today, I don't even listen to CD's much anymore, I usually just tune in to KLOVE (when they are not doing their telethon) and listen away. Just about everyone that comes on, is good. And nobody is really dominating anymore. Mercy Me, Casting Crowns, 3rd Day, Sanctus Real, David Crowder Band, Skillet, etc... all of those are having big song, after big song, but nobody is dominating, and that is great news for Gospel/Christian Music.

My favorite Christian artist is hard as well. I grew up listening to a LOT of Michael W. Smith, my sister and the youth I used to teach in Sunday School, did a lot of interpretive movements, black-light skits, puppet dramas, etc... to his songs, so I have a LOT of fond memories of him. I also am a big fan of Jeremy Camp. A lot of personal memories of him as well. His music helped to draw me back into Christian Music. A lot of M.W.S's recent music isn't as good as his stuff in the 90's. Healing Rain, to me, was his last really good song.

There are a lot more good ones today as well: Chris Tomlin, Natalie Grant, Jeremy Camp, Matthew West, Josh Wilson and TobyMac (if you like his style)

I know that was a complicated answer to a simple question, but it is good to let people see how much good music there is today.
^ not complicated at all. I can fully follow you. I was raised in the Church of God my whole life and now attend Plum Creek Christian church. I was blessed by grace at a very young age.
Stardust Wrote:^ not complicated at all. I can fully follow you. I was raised in the Church of God my whole life and now attend Plum Creek Christian church. I was blessed by grace at a very young age.

How was the transition from Church of God to Christian Church?

One of my college roommates was a Church of God attender as well. He always told me there were two kinds, Church of God Anderson, Indiana and Church of God Cleveland, Tennessee. Which kind was that church, or do you know?
LWC Wrote:How was the transition from Church of God to Christian Church?

One of my college roommates was a Church of God attender as well. He always told me there were two kinds, Church of God Anderson, Indiana and Church of God Cleveland, Tennessee. Which kind was that church, or do you know?

Tough. I've never heard those two terms before.

But I married a beautiful catholic girl, who game me two wonderful children, and we had to find a home that would work for both of us. I'd say we have found a good medium, and bottom-line, I feel as blessed walking out as I did at any church of my upbringing. I learned a long time ago LWC, that's it's not the relationship with "Church" that will get me to heaven. Church is a conduit, but my personal relationship to Jesus Christ is my only ticket.

The church I attend is bible based. The message presentation of the Invitation is certainly different. I grew up being preached "at" with a message very much centered around how to get to ****. The message is different now and more centered on how to get to heaven. I certainly miss the "fire and brimstone", the shouting and glory of a Church of God service, but having a wife that was born and raised catholic was not conducive to allowing God's message to get to her without her turning her heart off with her "ears". We tried baptist, and she heard the message all too often that Catholics are sinners. We tried catholic, and I could not tolerate the ceremony. God has lead us to where we are at today.

Early in our marriage, I was telling Rhonda what was wrong with her faith. The whole time I thought I was doing Gods job and try to "Save" her. That's not my job, my job is to allow her to hear the message, and for her to make her own relationship with God. My job was to pray for her as well as my children and myself. Like I said, I have to maintain my own personal relationship with God, through Jesus and the Holy spirit, but for me to be naive and think that the only one's worthy of going to heaven are those who believe as I do and the way of the Church of God, then heaven might be pretty lonely!
Stardust Wrote:Tough. I've never heard those two terms before.

But I married a beautiful catholic girl, who game me two wonderful children, and we had to find a home that would work for both of us. I'd say we have found a good medium, and bottom-line, I feel as blessed walking out as I did at any church of my upbringing. I learned a long time ago LWC, that's it's not the relationship with "Church" that will get me to heaven. Church is a conduit, but my personal relationship to Jesus Christ is my only ticket.

The church I attend is bible based. The message presentation of the Invitation is certainly different. I grew up being preached "at" with a message very much centered around how to get to ****. The message is different now and more centered on how to get to heaven. I certainly miss the "fire and brimstone", the shouting and glory of a Church of God service, but having a wife that was born and raised catholic was not conducive to allowing God's message to get to her without her turning her heart off with her "ears". We tried baptist, and she heard the message all too often that Catholics are sinners. We tried catholic, and I could not tolerate the ceremony. God has lead us to where we are at today.

Early in our marriage, I was telling Rhonda what was wrong with her faith. The whole time I thought I was doing Gods job and try to "Save" her. That's not my job, my job is to allow her to hear the message, and for her to make her own relationship with God. My job was to pray for her as well as my children and myself. Like I said, I have to maintain my own personal relationship with God, through Jesus and the Holy spirit, but for me to be naive and think that the only one's worthy of going to heaven are those who believe as I do and the way of the Church of God, then heaven might be pretty lonely!

Amen! Stardust, I have been to so many different churches that it is scary, lol. It was tought to explain to a lot of my friends that I am preaching at two United Methodist churches, when the county I am from had ZERO of those churches, lol. Without confusing them and taking a very non-theological approach to explaining it, I told them it was like a calmer holiness church.

As i said before, that was the only was I could explain it to them because there is no church like it in my county. No more Nazarene churches, no methodist churches, and 4 or 5 different type of Holiness/Pentecostal/Church of God/Assembly of God, etc...

My 2nd sermon at the UMC churches that I preach at, I told them that I am a potpourii (spelling?) Christian and that as long as we all agree that Jesus is the only way to Heaven and that a personal relationship with him is essential, we can have a happy fellowship together.

I am gonna ask you a personal question, that you can feel free not to answer, answer here, or answer in PM if you choose. I have just always heard about protestant-catholic couples that allow their children to choose where to go to church, but they had to go to some type of Catholic schooling. Did you children go to Catholic school? Confirmation? Anything like that? I have always wondered how that works.

Also, praise the Lord that you two figured something out because I was raised in a Southern Baptist church with a mother that was raised Holiness, and I married a United Methodist preachers daughter. That was a struggle enough, I am glad that you two worked out something, so nicely.
LWC Wrote:Amen! Stardust, I have been to so many different churches that it is scary, lol. It was tought to explain to a lot of my friends that I am preaching at two United Methodist churches, when the county I am from had ZERO of those churches, lol. Without confusing them and taking a very non-theological approach to explaining it, I told them it was like a calmer holiness church.

As i said before, that was the only was I could explain it to them because there is no church like it in my county. No more Nazarene churches, no methodist churches, and 4 or 5 different type of Holiness/Pentecostal/Church of God/Assembly of God, etc...

My 2nd sermon at the UMC churches that I preach at, I told them that I am a potpourii (spelling?) Christian and that as long as we all agree that Jesus is the only way to Heaven and that a personal relationship with him is essential, we can have a happy fellowship together.

I am gonna ask you a personal question, that you can feel free not to answer, answer here, or answer in PM if you choose. I have just always heard about protestant-catholic couples that allow their children to choose where to go to church, but they had to go to some type of Catholic schooling. Did you children go to Catholic school? Confirmation? Anything like that? I have always wondered how that works.

Also, praise the Lord that you two figured something out because I was raised in a Southern Baptist church with a mother that was raised Holiness, and I married a United Methodist preachers daughter. That was a struggle enough, I am glad that you two worked out something, so nicely.

You heard right LWC about protesant-catholic couples. The practice of faith was the biggest obstacle that we have faced in our 25 years of marriage. It was a fight in many ways, and I was very adamant in my "fight". To the point where early in our marriage, we just didn't go to church. After our second child was born, we both realized that we were not fulfilling our obligation in raising our children with a Christian upbringing. Thus, we had to come to some compromise. There was a lot of fighting over it before I finally turned it over to God. When that happened, I made concessions, or at least I thought "I" was the one making them. My daughter was baptized in the catholic church and then went through religion classes (our children did not attend catholic school). She completed everything through First-Communion. At around this same time our son was baptized in the Catholic church as well, but he did not begin classes.

During this time, we were still going from church to church, both catholic and protestant. It was more to appease each other, but we no longer argued about the churches that we attended. After attending the church we are going to today, we were in the car headed home. My wife, without discussion with me she was going to do this, asked our two children, where they would rather go to church. Since both had attended both catholic and protestant, they had a very fair gauge and had participated in both forms of practice. Both kids said they wanted to attend Plum Creek Christian church. And that has been our home ever since. Over the years, they have attended midnight mass a few times with Rhonda's family, but as for our home, it has been Plum Creek.

I want to be very careful for anyone else reading this, this is only my story. Not a story that is right or wrong, and trust me, after many years of being judgmental, I now am not. Like I said in an earlier post, I learned that if my way is the only way, then I will be very lonely when I get to heaven. So, my way is what I feel in my heart.

LWC, I have many stories about faith that I could spend hours talking about, but anytime I speak of them, I now know they are not "MY" stories, but they are God's stories. And when I speak, I am only using my mouth to utter the words that God is speaking through me. Thus, trust me, I understand what ministering is.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next