Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
September 8th - Obama Speech in Schools
Stardust Wrote:It's no big deal, every President since Roosevelt has done the same thing. Kids are smart enough to know Obama is an idiot:biggrin:

:Clap:
TheRealVille Wrote:You teach them tons of respect for the President. :eyeroll:

Sometimes I wonder if you are really for real. Funny how respect for the president is now a big issue for liberals all of the sudden. Where was that need for respect when Bush was President? Give me a freakin' break. For the record I respect what Obama has accomplished, but I don't want him running my country or teaching my children. I have absolutely zero in common with him or his radical views.
outdoorsman43 Wrote::Clap:

So we have had two idiot presidents in a row. If we elect Sarah Palin next time, we will have three of a kind.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:So we have had two idiot presidents in a row. If we elect Sarah Palin next time, we will have three of a kind.

Or a Democrat.:biggrin:
It is third party time. Gatewood for president. I even vote for Ron Paul.
jetpilot Wrote:Sometimes I wonder if you are really for real. Funny how respect for the president is now a big issue for liberals all of the sudden. Where was that need for respect when Bush was President? Give me a freakin' break. For the record I respect what Obama has accomplished, but I don't want him running my country or teaching my children. I have absolutely zero in common with him or his radical views.
I have always told my kids to respect the office, no matter who was in. If Bush had did a video like this for the kids, I would have made my kids watch it.

I am very ashamed of the Paintsville school system today.
I don't have a problem with the President speaking to school children. I don't see the big deal. As long as he doesn't push politics onto them. Which i seriously doubt he will do. I heard just an exert and it sounded like he was just calling for people to take responsibility for their own education. Thats pretty much what i believe. More personal responsibility less social programs. The only thing i fear is the federal government imposing on the state governments. We have a federalist system for a reason and it worries me when someone pushes for a larger central government with more powers. Before someone mentions Bush, I am completely against the no child left behind act. I think its lacking the funding and oversight for it to work. Just another example of big government not working.
How political was his speech today.
This was in my opinion, one of the top 2 or 3 speeches given in the last 20 years. I find it hard to believe that anyone heard this, and still thinks it was a bad idea.

I would have killed to heard such a powerful speech from such a powerful man at that age... The office of the presidency is something all kids should know about, respect, and someday influence. I had my life influenced heavily by a president, and it has changed my life. Some of the kids listening to that speech, will become something great because of it. I can promise that.
congressman Wrote:This was in my opinion, one of the top 2 or 3 speeches given in the last 20 years. I find it hard to believe that anyone heard this, and still thinks it was a bad idea.

I would have killed to heard such a powerful speech from such a powerful man at that age... The office of the presidency is something all kids should know about, respect, and someday influence. I had my life influenced heavily by a president, and it has changed my life. Some of the kids listening to that speech, will become something great because of it. I can promise that.
:thatsfunnsuch a power speechyet it's been almost a month since he gave it. :lmao:
nky Wrote::thatsfunnsuch a power speechyet it's been almost a month since he gave it. :lmao:

Something must be missing from this post, because it literally makes no sense? Actually, its been nearly 2 months, and yes it was a powerful speech. What was the purpose, or point?
congressman Wrote:Something must be missing from this post, because it literally makes no sense? Actually, its been nearly 2 months, and yes it was a powerful speech. What was the purpose, or point?
If it was so powerful why wait 2 months to post about it. Have a hard time digesting the significance the words?
nky Wrote:If it was so powerful why wait 2 months to post about it. Have a hard time digesting the significance the words?

I've been a member for a few weeks now. And the day the speech was giving, I was doing something a little more important. Preparing for deployment to Iraq 3 days later, on 9/11.

So if your point is it took me a few weeks to realize this thread was on here, considering its already on page 2.. then awesome. If its because you don't agree with the premise, then just say so. Obama is one of the greatest when it comes to giving speeches. Only a handful of politicians in the 20th century had the charisma and ability that he has. Reagan comes to mind. Clinton, not so much. Bush 43 had his moments. Bush 41..not so much.

Anyways gotta go.. duty calls. What say you?
:igiveup:

by the way the speech was uninspiring and will have no real lasting effect on the students who saw it. Infact if you ask any who did(I have) they don't remember the speech.
nky Wrote::igiveup:

by the way the speech was uninspiring and will have no real lasting effect on the students who saw it. Infact if you ask any who did(I have) they don't remember the speech.

:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn

Check it out, I won't even respond to that. Some 60 million school aged kids in this nation... and 'if i ask any', 'they don't remember the speech'. :lmao:

Just curious though.. Why do you remember it? Feel compelled to ask kids about it? and did a thorough scientific study about its 'real lasting effect' on students? :confused:

At least you were inspired to do that much...:Thumbs:
congressman Wrote::thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn

Check it out, I won't even respond to that. Some 60 million school aged kids in this nation... and 'if i ask any', 'they don't remember the speech'. :lmao:

Just curious though.. Why do you remember it? Feel compelled to ask kids about it? and did a thorough scientific study about its 'real lasting effect' on students? :confused:

At least you were inspired to do that much...:Thumbs:
Came up in a monthly review with students in a current issues class. They had a difficult time remembering what the speech was about and the issues surrounding it. Finding this interesting I surveyed other classes and found similar results. Scientific not really.
congressman Wrote:I've been a member for a few weeks now. And the day the speech was giving, I was doing something a little more important. Preparing for deployment to Iraq 3 days later, on 9/11.

So if your point is it took me a few weeks to realize this thread was on here, considering its already on page 2.. then awesome. If its because you don't agree with the premise, then just say so. Obama is one of the greatest when it comes to giving speeches. Only a handful of politicians in the 20th century had the charisma and ability that he has. Reagan comes to mind. Clinton, not so much. Bush 43 had his moments. Bush 41..not so much.

Anyways gotta go.. duty calls. What say you?

We appreciate you, Congressman. Stay safe !Confusedalute: