Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the best boys middle school basketball players in EKY?
want about that michael fields from ec he is as good as those from fc not saying they boys are good to
michael fields from ec :redboxer: let put the heat on:rockon:
I think #24 Slade Mcpeek from JCMS is by far a great player..He is always in control ..He's someone to watch out for..Theres always something going on when he enters a game..He makes things happen...You go # 24:Cheerlead:devilflam
what about those cougars, they came ready to play tonight against those virgie eagles. After half-time I thought Elkhorn had it all, but in the end they blew up in the 4th quarter:flush:. Elkhorn has a right to leave belfry middle with their heads held high and a smile on there face:rockon: because they might have gotten beat, but they did not get out played.:Clap:
The truth be known one way to tell how good a grade school player is .Is how many people is trying to get them to go to a different high school instead the high school they would go to ,just for that sport.ummm
If any 7th grader is better than Cameron Justice I want to know the name so I can see what I am missing. Because Cam can flat play. I just watched him and his Feds Creek team win a county title and he was great in every part of the game. This kid gets everybody involved and is very, very, smart on the basketball court.
I watched that video and that's impressive for an 8th grader.. so where does he go to school?
Trevor Sherman is 8th grade from JCMS 6'2", 165LB very athletic and has been playing JV for the JCHS eagles...he has great ball handling skills, shooting , can dunk the ball , has one of the best aggressive defenses around.He is someone to be watching!
cashccb Wrote:I watched that video and that's impressive for an 8th grader.. so where does he go to school?

That video was Shane Hall not Trevor. Shane can rise up. Will he be playing in the 8th grade state tourney this weekend?
just to let cj is in the 7 grade and so is mf both boys can play bball and that is why er will have good team with all those boys cj ,mf, jm ,all good kids
bdub Wrote:That video was Shane Hall not Trevor. Shane can rise up. Will he be playing in the 8th grade state tourney this weekend?

Yes he will be playing. Thanks for the kind words. He does it off his left or right leg and that is not that easy to do.
How tall is the Justice kid ?
Jacob Skeens is the best player for Elkhorn City. Field is good but Skeens is better. Neither can play with Cameron Justice or Johnny Miller.
Dalton Sizemore from Whitley 8th Grade. He had 28 points and 36 points and 11 rebounds in two games at the KBA two weeks ago. I heard he was moving to Letcher. They should be happy get his talent.
Of the players that I have seen.

Braxton Beverly
Owen Caudill
Sam Robinson
Cody Belter
Josh Hollan
Collier Mobelini
Cody Arnett
Cameron Justice
PatPatterson Wrote:How tall is the Justice kid ?

around 5-8 to 5-10
I cant really say any of the ball players are THE best, but they are for sure ALOT of talent in Pike Co. and we will se it on the court next season.
there is some teams in the eastern ky that have some good young players coming up Hazard has some alone with Breathitt, Buckhorn, Wolfe and Estill Co have some good players coming to they will be fun to watch them in high school
I have seen several of the teams in the area play. There are 10-15 really good 7th to 8th graders that could make this list. As far as 6th grade kids the best that I have seen is from Lawrence County and there are two of them. Austin Chaffin and Bobby Anderson. I have not seen the Beverly kid but I heard he is for real.
dozerdawg707 Wrote:I have seen several of the teams in the area play. There are 10-15 really good 7th to 8th graders that could make this list. As far as 6th grade kids the best that I have seen is from Lawrence County and there are two of them. Austin Chaffin and Bobby Anderson. I have not seen the Beverly kid but I heard he is for real.

He is FOR REAL!!!!! He walked through the 6th grade AAU state championship. NO ONE CLOSE to him there. Also, doing a great job on the 7th grade KY Elite team. He and Cameron Justice are the 2 BEST in the state IMO. I would love to anyone better at their age. They are NASTY.
Justice is great and has a very high basketball IQ being the son of an coach
Well, i do have to say that the JCMS eagles have the 6 of the top 10 players in the state. Shane Hall, he is just an amazing scorer. he can do just about whatever.
I've also seen the Trevor Sherman kid play on the off season... people that boy has improved. just like the other day, i seen him at the Paintsville rec center... he was flat out balling. i haven't seen anyone like him in a long time. what a good boy.
Truman Salyers is another beast in the state. he's pretty solid. its a strong post player that can stoke.
Hunter Ratliff, what a baller. he's gonna go somewhere. he has the skills of a guard. and he looks about 6'3 to 6'4 like the Sherman and Salyers boys.
Braxton Blair HAS to be the best point guard in the state.. he's a freak(good way)
And lastly, Slade Mcpeek. He's coming to be one of the best guards in the state too. the fastest ball handler in the state. he is a solid player.

All these boys are in middle school. I'm gonna predict that all of these boys will go to a division 1 college. i mean, these boys have a class A act. they don't get into trouble and they know how to keep their cool on the court. i wish these boys a great career.:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:
What I have watched out of eastern Kentucky I saw hunter hall from mjp
Shane Hall and Trevor Sherman i know forsure are playing varsity next year. they'll be freshmen. they was the only 8th graders in the starting lineup last year:worthy:
Paintsville has a great group coming up next year!
if you young men were smart , take my advice. talk it over with each other and your parents . Start your High School careers together at a school that knows how to win , and how to bring a young team along together. One that is losing lots of players . Go there and grow together. Pick a school that has a good coach that can produce a Mr basketball one of you may be a Mr Basketball material with the right coaching . If you come together play together and learn to win together . You will get better scholarships in college . But Come together
Allen Elementary will be a real competitor next year. They return a very experienced starting 5, who of which have been starting on A-team for 3 seasons now. They have size and experience.
30 in verticle!! wow
Didn't Dorton have a few players that were rather good? at least this is what i have heard.
Next season for Floyd Co, some players to keep your eye on. One would definitely be Peyton Case from Betsy Layne. He was puttin up 30 in A team games last year, so this year should be no different. Mason Nelson, and the Lawson twins from AC should all be solid players as well. Like I said in a earlier post, Allen Elem returns there whole starting 5 (Dillon, Tibbs, Grigsby, Mullins, Woods), This group has been starting A team for 3 seasons now. How much will they improve before next season?, I dont know, but you can bet they will compete. Wesley has some good players as well, Their names are failing me right atm though.
Floyd Co. bball will be pretty good overall, with some teams that could compete with anyone. There are plenty of other good players here as well, so If you feel I left you out, I didnt mean to. Im having a hard time remembering some names lol.