Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the best boys middle school basketball players in EKY?
Case will be the best in Floyd Co. next year. BL also has Rogers and Jarrell who are pretty good. Adams has the Hall kid. 7th graders should include Zack Hall of AC and Dalton Frasure of Adams.
If you want to talk about the best all around player, then you have to talk about everything from ball handling ability to shooting, passing, rebounding, defense and even heads up plays. after watching everyone who played last year and looking forward to who is returning next year, there is a few who come to mind. Cameron Justice is nearly unstoppable going to the goal if he wants too, have not seen anyone who can stop him. Peyton Case maybe the deadliest offensive player I have seen from the wing but the best player I have seen, which might come as a major shock to a lot of people is Jarrell from Betsy Layne. The boy can handle the ball as good as anyone, has a great first step toward the basket. He can run the point very effective and can shoot the really well from outside. But what I think gives him the edge over everyone else is his ability to play defense and play it with a silent swagger. The boy shut embarrassed and shut down some of the best point guards in the state at KBA last year. He just gets lost in the dream team that Betsy Layne has.
Yes, Jarrell and Rogers was the other 2 from BL that I was thinking of. Just couldnt get the names lol
Wildcatpride Wrote:What I have watched out of eastern Kentucky I saw hunter hall from mjp
hunter hall moved to cowan this year
whitesburg middle school have got 2 hod back and some transfers sop they will proboly be the team to beat in letcher co.

GO JACKETS:1:
Andrew Newsome from virgie, this kid is the real deal. Has anyone seen him play?
All i do is win Wrote:Andrew Newsome from virgie, this kid is the real deal. Has anyone seen him play?

haha who,if your talking about that 3 year holdback from virgie,he is not the real deal because if he was he would be able to score over 3 points a game,what do you think,any good??????????
The Punisher Wrote:haha who,if your talking about that 3 year holdback from virgie,he is not the real deal because if he was he would be able to score over 3 points a game,what do you think,any good??????????

Excuse me? You must not know a thing about this young man.
He avrages more than 13 a game? atleast 10 rebounds! Before you start talking about holdbacks get your facts strait first! The kid wouldve been 12 starting highschool and 16 graduating! You get the reason he held back only twice? yea not the three year hold back he was only held back twice.Why dont you tell me one person on your team that is better than newsome?
Very skillful with untapped potential. Going to be a nice player!
Dorton
Most of the more dominate players this year are from JC. #8, #12, #22, #2, and #10
middleschoolfootball Wrote:Most of the more dominate players this year are from JC. #8, #12, #22, #2, and #10

You do know this is a bball thread right? JC is down this year. They graduated there starting 5 last year. The best player in the county this year could either Be Newsome from Virgie or Richardson for Virgie. Thye both have great potiential and are on the same team a dynamic force between a deadly gaurd who can burn you form the outside or in. And a powerhouse who will rebound wiht anyone and score almost at will when he gets to the basket.
JC started 2 8th graders last year. The other 3 may not play middle school. Still will be top 3 or 4 in region. One player did not play last year due to injury and is very good.
cart man Wrote:JC started 2 8th graders last year. The other 3 may not play middle school. Still will be top 3 or 4 in region. One player did not play last year due to injury and is very good.

Well i guess we will have to see when they play virgie who is preseason ranked 3rd in the state :1: But It don't matter because JC lost the only player that could gaurd Newsome. I don't see anyone gaurding Richardson either and They are probably going to have a tough time with Chandler Rowe. I hope that player is D1 cause thats the only way i see them making virgie have a game.:Thumbs:
Virgie is a very good team and Rowe is a good coach. If Johnson County has everyone this year they will be very good too. They finished in the final 8 last year at state, which is tied for 5th I guess. At the Betsy Layne tournament last year they beat Lex Catholic, Hazard and Betsy Layne without Hall. Hazard wasn't playing their best at the time and Betsy Layne didn't have Hamilton. Virgie is probably # 1 in the region but I don't think that they will rollover JC. The kid that did not play last is good enough to start on a team that did make the final 8 last year, so he is pretty good especially in the mountains. Don't take it so personal that I think my team is good.
cart man Wrote:Virgie is a very good team and Rowe is a good coach. If Johnson County has everyone this year they will be very good too. They finished in the final 8 last year at state, which is tied for 5th I guess. At the Betsy Layne tournament last year they beat Lex Catholic, Hazard and Betsy Layne without Hall. Hazard wasn't playing their best at the time and Betsy Layne didn't have Hamilton. Virgie is probably # 1 in the region but I don't think that they will rollover JC. The kid that did not play last is good enough to start on a team that did make the final 8 last year, so he is pretty good especially in the mountains. Don't take it so personal that I think my team is good.

Woahh, I'm sorry but I don't believe that Hall was not playing when you beat Hazard. Maybe if Hollan or Mobalini was out. Hazard is very good and proably would've won 8th grade state last year if they wasen't cheated. Hollen made a last second shot to win and it was an and 1 and they called it off and said he walked. I believe you about Lex cath and Betsey Layne though. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Johnson County get beat out last year by North or South Laurel or was it Pulaski? I'm not taking it personal I'm just saying I think Virgie will win this game.
All i do is win Wrote:Woahh, I'm sorry but I don't believe that Hall was not playing when you beat Hazard. Maybe if Hollan or Mobalini was out. Hazard is very good and proably would've won 8th grade state last year if they wasen't cheated. Hollen made a last second shot to win and it was an and 1 and they called it off and said he walked. I believe you about Lex cath and Betsey Layne though. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Johnson County get beat out last year by North or South Laurel or was it Pulaski? I'm not taking it personal I'm just saying I think Virgie will win this game.

7th grade was beat by Knox County in the state tourny, a game that could have went either way. Hollan and Mobalini both played as well as the other three starters, but I believe that were missing a sub.
cart man Wrote:7th grade was beat by Knox County in the state tourny, a game that could have went either way. Hollan and Mobalini both played as well as the other three starters, but I believe that were missing a sub.
I was talking about the 8th grade state tourney. JC must have played exceptionally well and Hazard had to do pretty bad in this game right? Because Hazard is a very god basketball team.
Just to clear a couple things up to keep people from arguing...

Johnson Central got beat out of the state tournament last year by Southern from Pulaski County, and I believe it was in the Sweet 16 at state, not the elite 8...that part is all I'm not sure about. Last year at Betsy Layne's tournament, Southern was the only team to beat them as well. Shane Hall did not play at the Betsy Layne tournament during the late games. Johnson Central beat Betsy Layne twice last year in the Betsy Layne tournament but Dylan Hamilton sprained his ankle early in game one. Also, Lex Cath's grade school team is a AAU team...there is no Lex Cath grade school team, which means they may not be the best judge against other schools.

As for other tournaments last year from state, I believe Virgie finished third in the 7th grade tournament, Betsy Layne was beat out early after Case sprained his ankle and could not play is what I was informed last year. In the 8th grade tournament, Betsy Layne finished third and only lost to the State Champion by 2 points.

However, there will be a lot more talented teams in this region then people are giving credit too (Adams, Allen Central, Johns Creek) and Pikeville just to name a few)! No team in this region this year is head and shoulders above everyone else, nor is there a small group of teams that are better then others.

Point being made, last year means nothing now...stars graduate, role players move on and new pieces have to be found. Teams around here return a lot, but they have to have people pick up the slack too in order to pick up what was lost.
bball_fan Wrote:Just to clear a couple things up to keep people from arguing...

Johnson Central got beat out of the state tournament last year by Southern from Pulaski County, and I believe it was in the Sweet 16 at state, not the elite 8...that part is all I'm not sure about. Last year at Betsy Layne's tournament, Southern was the only team to beat them as well. Shane Hall did not play at the Betsy Layne tournament during the late games. Johnson Central beat Betsy Layne twice last year in the Betsy Layne tournament but Dylan Hamilton sprained his ankle early in game one. Also, Lex Cath's grade school team is a AAU team...there is no Lex Cath grade school team, which means they may not be the best judge against other schools.

As for other tournaments last year from state, I believe Virgie finished third in the 7th grade tournament, Betsy Layne was beat out early after Case sprained his ankle and could not play is what I was informed last year. In the 8th grade tournament, Betsy Layne finished third and only lost to the State Champion by 2 points.

However, there will be a lot more talented teams in this region then people are giving credit too (Adams, Allen Central, Johns Creek) and Pikeville just to name a few)! No team in this region this year is head and shoulders above everyone else, nor is there a small group of teams that are better then others.

Point being made, last year means nothing now...stars graduate, role players move on and new pieces have to be found. Teams around here return a lot, but they have to have people pick up the slack too in order to pick up what was lost.

I actually disagree i do belive Virgie and JC is heads above the rest...but there are some other good teams such as Betsy Layne and Feds creek,
I agree that last years 8th grade teams mean nothing now. That is why I was talking about the 7th grade group. Knox finished runner-up in the state and gave Wayne a very good game. JC had a lead on Knox in the 4th, so I feel this group can play with anyone in the state.

As far as getting facts straight, Betsy Layne lost to the state-runner up by four and not the champs by 2. Johnson lost in the sweet 16 to Southern. Both teams could have won the whole thing as well as about 8 other teams.

Johnson beat Fleming at Fleming last year who was the only team to beat LTMS. So compairing games that are not heads up is tough to do.

Our group played well against Hazard last year. Would you say the only way Virgie beat them last year is that because they played terrible or is that the only way JC can beat anyone is when the other team plays terrible?

Last years 7th grade team lost to Betsy Layne by 2 at the Dome without 4 starters from this years team.
cart man Wrote:I agree that last years 8th grade teams mean nothing now. That is why I was talking about the 7th grade group. Knox finished runner-up in the state and gave Wayne a very good game. JC had a lead on Knox in the 4th, so I feel this group can play with anyone in the state.

As far as getting facts straight, Betsy Layne lost to the state-runner up by four and not the champs by 2. Johnson lost in the sweet 16 to Southern. Both teams could have won the whole thing as well as about 8 other teams.

Johnson beat Fleming at Fleming last year who was the only team to beat LTMS. So compairing games that are not heads up is tough to do.

Our group played well against Hazard last year. Would you say the only way Virgie beat them last year is that because they played terrible or is that the only way JC can beat anyone is when the other team plays terrible?

Last years 7th grade team lost to Betsy Layne by 2 at the Dome without 4 starters from this years team.
Well i know Hazard beat you all 2 or 3 times last year with Hall, I just think its ironic that when you don't have Hall that you beat them. Wouldn't you agree? Yes and Virgie only lost by one to Wayne county ( the champion) by one on a last second shot. So that makes me think that Virgie can and will compete with anyone in the state. Ltms is good but the only reason Felming beat them is because there best player didn't play He starts on Varsity instead now. I think his last name is either Jackson or Johnson. He is on youtube if anyone does not belive me.
I agree that Virgie can play with anyone in the state this year. Jackson Davis never played at LTMS or even went to school there. The game Fleming beat them is the same team that won the state. Snoop Johnson, Jordan Greene, Teddy Ware, Donnie Lewis were all on the same AAU team as Davis in 7th grade but not the school team.
cart man Wrote:I agree that Virgie can play with anyone in the state this year. Jackson Davis never played at LTMS or even went to school there. The game Fleming beat them is the same team that won the state. Snoop Johnson, Jordan Greene, Teddy Ware, Donnie Lewis were all on the same AAU team as Davis in 7th grade but not the school team.

It showed him on youtube with an LTMS jersey on playing at KBA i don't know what year it was all i know is that he has played for them once before, or it wouldent have showed him with it on unless they picked him up or somehting.
Corey Dillon for Allen is gonna be a real floor general this year.