Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does UK NEED a new coach!?
I think Tubby is a great coach and he needs to improve on his coaching before all UK fans tun to Louisville fans ! If kentucky did fire him they should get Billy Donoven (Florida). He played for rick pitino at Princeton and they played just great there and he understands the UK history.
"alfus21" Wrote:Who do you have in mind that's available?

Billy would be a nice fit!

:watch:
Billy isn't available.
yes
"CatDawg" Wrote:Billy isn't available.

We could work something out, or he will be someday. OK catdog, if something does happen and Tubby is gone who can we get? Because it might happen.

:yesno:
Smith is a good coach...just not the right coach for our beloved Cats. He won the Final Four in 1998...with Pitino's team!!! And hasn't been as far since. The ****hst he has advanced since that championship run was the Elite Eight in 1999 before being knocked out by who else? Michigan State. Smith is too scared of recruiting star players who are actually good enough to leave after their freshman or sophomore year, and he's too concerned with finding players who will stay all four years, and they just aren't cutting it. Tubby Smith is a fine coach, but I think his lack of recruting skills has finally taken it's toll on Kentucky basketball. As for the rest of you all, I'm tired of watching the same 'ole thing happen to the Big Blue, but I don't see much changing in the near future unless Tubby brings some "real talent" to Lexington.
"StrikeoutKing" Wrote:Smith is a good coach...just not the right coach for our beloved Cats. He won the Final Four in 1998...with Pitino's team!!! And hasn't been as far since. The ****hst he has advanced since that championship run was the Elite Eight in 1999 before being knocked out by who else? Michigan State. Smith is too scared of recruiting star players who are actually good enough to leave after their freshman or sophomore year, and he's too concerned with finding players who will stay all four years, and they just aren't cutting it. Tubby Smith is a fine coach, but I think his lack of recruting skills has finally taken it's toll on Kentucky basketball. As for the rest of you all, I'm tired of watching the same 'ole thing happen to the Big Blue, but I don't see much changing in the near future unless Tubby brings some "real talent" to Lexington.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:We could work something out, or he will be someday. OK catdog, if something does happen and Tubby is gone who can we get? Because it might happen.

:yesno:

If I had to pick anyone else right now I would go a bit north to Lansing.
Anyway we could get Uk's women coach to coach the men's too?
Tubby is one of the best coaches in college basketball IMO.
"blackcat_student" Wrote:I think Tubby is a great coach and he needs to improve on his coaching before all UK fans turn to Louisville fans ! If kentucky did fire him they should get Billy Donoven (Florida). He played for rick pitino at Princeton and they played just great there and he understands the UK history.

When did Pitino ever coach Princeton? And I am 100% positive that Eddie Munster aka Billy Donovan never played there. Plus, Donovan has no clue how to even spell defense and he sure can't teach it.
yes...yes...and..yes
"RedMan" Wrote:yes...yes...and..yes

That's deep.
"alfus21" Wrote:That's deep.
Yea it is, they need a new coach...
"RedMan" Wrote:Yea it is, they need a new coach...

Deep again..Reasoning, replacement, thoughts?
"alfus21" Wrote:Deep again..Reasoning, replacement, thoughts?

Man everything is deep to you. it obvious they need a new coach, just watch UK play, its been a continous thing over the past few years..they need a new guy or tubby needs to make some changes to his style of play
"RedMan" Wrote:Man everything is deep to you. it obvious they need a new coach, just watch UK play, its been a continous thing over the past few years..they need a new guy or tubby needs to make some changes to his style of play

You're not even giving reasons...You're just stating a matter of opinion which is you don't like his style of play...Just because you don't like a coaches style doesn't mean you should bring in a new one...
no...yea UK fans r used 2 being spoiled..but tubby smith didn't win with his recruits he won with rick potino.
yes they do
aww
i think tubby is a pretty good coach...
he's just doin the best he can with what he's got to work with
The caoch can only do so much. It is up to the players to put the ball in the bucket!
yea i think its about time for a new one