Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top ten teams in the 14th this year
Baseballkid10 Wrote:just wondering if most of you guys know that your putting estill, powell and lee all in the top 10. thats all fine and dandy but only two teams can come out of the 54th...
So who is your pick for top two?
Benchwarmer Wrote:You need to read rule 12.

rule 12 say to attempt to use correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation not that u are required to use them but if your going to cry about me not using them I will make you happy by using them. There you happy.
Now work on the run on sentences.

After the initial week or two, should be able to see who belongs in the top ten.
you-wish23 Wrote:1. Letcher Co Central
2. Hazard
3. Perry
4. Letcher
5.Powell
6. Knott
7. Lee
8. Breathitt
9. Wolfe
10. Leslie
Knott is not top 5 team in the region b/c of their easy schedule last year you can't say they are a great or a good team with that schedule they had hopefully this year it opens everyones eyes they r not as good as you think couch pulled a fast one to make you think they were good but in reality he has no idea how to coach he ask his players what would Gary Hammonds would do in this situation if he was a good coach he would know and btw who keeps in a pitcher when the other team is up 8-0 on you in the first inning its stupidity
what game are you referring to? you must not have saw the regional game buddy. they were not down 8-0 in the first inning, they lead 1-0 after 3 or 4 innings. Then the wheels fell off, but it wasnt the pitchers fault, it was errors on the fielders. The runs were unearned. there other good pitcher was hurt, and had only younger guys to turn to. Get a clue. They should have a solid team this year and have a chance to win the region. He also does not ask what would Hammonds do. thats retarded.
you-wish23 Wrote:1. Letcher Co Central
2. Hazard
3. Perry
4. Letcher
5.Powell
6. Knott
7. Lee
8. Breathitt
9. Wolfe
10. Leslie
Knott is not top 5 team in the region b/c of their easy schedule last year you can't say they are a great or a good team with that schedule they had hopefully this year it opens everyones eyes they r not as good as you think couch pulled a fast one to make you think they were good but in reality he has no idea how to coach he ask his players what would Gary Hammonds would do in this situation if he was a good coach he would know and btw who keeps in a pitcher when the other team is up 8-0 on you in the first inning its stupidity

You must have forgotten that two time defending regional champion Estill County is still in the 14th region. They joined the region back in 2006.
I don't know if they can win the region this year or not, but they're definitely in the top 10 somewhere. More like top 5 if anything.
knott, hazard, lcc, an estill are all good teams top 4 imo.
14thregionrules Wrote:i think buckhorn is better cause after leslie losing there ace and do they got much from last years team returning

Leslie mercies Buckhorn 15-0 in the All "A" tourny. Theres no question about that one.
Baseballkid10 Wrote:just wondering if most of you guys know that your putting estill, powell and lee all in the top 10. thats all fine and dandy but only two teams can come out of the 54th...

true but everyone knows that most years there is a dog fight :ChairHit: by the 2 and 3 seed in the 56th and then the championship is even tougher. you can pretty much toss a coin and pick the winner because the best team doesnt always win like they should. I think that the rankings are good and towards the end of the year you can eliminate a team but until then you cant because all 3 teams in the 56th are good ball clubs with good traditions in baseball
letcher is #1 and thats all that matters in cougar country!!!!!!!!
cougar_54 Wrote:letcher is #1 and thats all that matters in cougar country!!!!!!!!

how is Letcher Number 1, when Perry Central has only lost 3 games, but Perry Central also plays 2 games tonight in the Tanner Dodge Classic at Powell County

5:30 - George Rogers Clark

8:00 - Estill County
Leslie county beat breathitt and wolfe i believe they should be in front of both of them. As for number 1 it should be Lethcher they have a great ball club.
Strikeout King Wrote:how is Letcher Number 1, when Perry Central has only lost 3 games, but Perry Central also plays 2 games tonight in the Tanner Dodge Classic at Powell County

5:30 - George Rogers Clark

8:00 - Estill County

Perry Should definetly be number 1. They won both of these games last night and GRC was ranked 22nd in the state. This made Perry 23-3. Pcc is the number 1 team in the region IMO.
Definitely agree that Perry should be up their, along with Knott, Letcher, Hazard and Estill. I would say on any given night any of these 5 could win. So it's all how each plays in certain games at the end to see who comes out on top. I think Perry has the advantage in the hitting department, but Letcher in the fielding and pitching. Knott, Hazard, and Estill are average in all areas which make them dangerous. Should be a great region.
1A Letcher
1B Perry
2A Knott
2B Estill
3 Hazard
Don't think anyone else could beat any 2 or 3 of these teams to win the region. Possibly upset one of them, but one of these 5 will win the region.
Hazard is really struggleing this year. dont know whats going on up there.
I have seen Leslie, Letcher, Hazard, Knott and Perrry. Perry appears to be best team.
Perry is 24-3 and beat some big team I would put them on top IMO
jed Wrote:I have seen Leslie, Letcher, Hazard, Knott and Perrry. Perry appears to be best team.

after Perry Central Went and played in the Tanner Dodge Classic and Beat Clark County (which is ranked in the state), there the favorites to win the region this year....but i wouldn't count Estill out just yet....last year everyone thought and said that they wouldn't win the region after what they lost, but they lost i believe 10 or 11 games last year and went to the region and hit a game winning home run against hazard after hazard beat Estill Twice Last year...
What makes this region so great is it is always wide open! No team really runs away with it. Of course PCC is the favorite right now but I promise the regional tournament will be a good one.
Also may have to add Powell into the mix. They have a solid group of sophomores that like to hit the ball, I believe they drilled Estill on Saturday morning. I agree will be a great region. MY PICKS:
53rd Letcher, Knott
54th Hazard, Perry
55th Wolfe, Breathitt
56th Powell, (Estill/Lee)toss up
GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS.
D1Recruiter Wrote:Also may have to add Powell into the mix. They have a solid group of sophomores that like to hit the ball, I believe they drilled Estill on Saturday morning. I agree will be a great region. MY PICKS:
53rd Letcher, Knott
54th Hazard, Perry
55th Wolfe, Breathitt
56th Powell, (Estill/Lee)toss up
GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS.

Powell Did Run Over Us...12-2....Estill should have the edge over Lee County...Lee Did beat us Down Here by 1 run, Estill Went To Beattyville and Beat Them by 9 or 10 i believe
Leslie beat Hazard 10-0 in the 5th inning. So I believe Leslie should be a little higher on that list. Not to mention they beat Breathitt twice and Wolfe once the one time they played them.
Leslie beat Breathitt 7-5 with Richie on the mound.
The 54th Draw:
Hazard plays Buckhorn
Perry plays Leslie

Leslie beat Hazard 10-0 last night, so it could be a tough game for Perry if they don't show up to play.
D1Recruiter Wrote:The 54th Draw:
Hazard plays Buckhorn
Perry plays Leslie

Leslie beat Hazard 10-0 last night, so it could be a tough game for Perry if they don't show up to play.

i believe (Not 100% Sure) that the 56th goes like this

1) Powell

2) Estill

3) Lee

4) Owsley

(1) Powell vs. (4) Owsley

(2) Estill vs. (3) Lee
I dont see hazard going far at all in the region.
D1Recruiter Wrote:The 54th Draw:
Hazard plays Buckhorn
Perry plays Leslie

Perry did mercy Leslie in their last match-up. But if Perry overlooks Leslie, there might be an up-set in the 14th region.
1. Lcc
2. Pcc
3. Knott
4. Estill
5. Powell
6. Leslie
7. Hazard
8. Breathitt
9. Wolfe
10. Lee