Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Chicken Fighting Part of Our Heritage?
rustyankle Wrote:The money part if they would tax it

Ahhhhhh, ok. By the way you worded your post, I thought you were just stating that chicken fights bring in big money for the guys fighting them, lol.

I still don't think that if it was legalized and taxed that it would bring in any substantial amount of money...lol, if marijuana was legalized, a week, or even 3-4 days worth of those sales would amount to more than chicken fighting could bring in in a year. Chicken fighting isn't near as common around here as it used to be, not even close.

I wonder what would be legalized first, weed or chicken fighting? Definitely be weed if there was a vote, most normal people don't like the idea of people gathered around a ring watched roosters kill each other, lol. Plus people love weed!

I don't even know what's so cool and fun about fighting chickens anyway...what is fun about it? Going and hangin out with a bunch of redneck dudes betting money on little birds all day..doesn't sound like much fun to me. That's a real question by the way, I'm not just making fun of you.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You do make some good points there - but I do not believe that there is any federal law against chicken fighting. If there was, the current administration would have revenuers crawling all over the hills of eastern Kentucky looking for chickens. Obama might even name a Chicken Czar to lead the fight. :biggrin:
You are for animal cruelty. What else is new in your warped head?
rustyankle Wrote:I respect your opinion but if it something you don't like then why worry bout someone who does like it and for one read the post bout the revenue. If you research the money part of it that brings to the community its well worth it.

If i like killing cats would u care? Or dogs? Horses?
It would be interesting to see the stats for the number of people who oppose chicken fighting but support abortion rights. I am pretty sure that more unborn children are slaughtered in this country each year than the number of chickens who die in combat. This country is facing too many important issues to be squandering resources trying to stamp out rooster fighting.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It would be interesting to see the stats for the number of people who oppose chicken fighting but support abortion rights. I am pretty sure that more unborn children are slaughtered in this country each year than the number of chickens who die in combat. This country is facing too many important issues to be squandering resources trying to stamp out rooster fighting.

Little different of a subject isn't it? And not a very good comparison.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Little different of a subject isn't it? And not a very good comparison.
Yes. You are absolutely right. Comparing the deaths of innocent chickens to the deaths of tens of millions of innocent unborn babies is not a fair comparison.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It would be interesting to see the stats for the number of people who oppose chicken fighting but support abortion rights. I am pretty sure that more unborn children are slaughtered in this country each year than the number of chickens who die in combat. This country is facing too many important issues to be squandering resources trying to stamp out rooster fighting.
Like stamping out rallies?
TheRealVille Wrote:Like stamping out rallies?
Absolutely not. I hope that all of the stinky Obama-supporting Occupy Wall Street crowd continue to camp out in city parks around the country, skipping showers, defecating and urinating wherever they please, and generally making a nuisance of themselves until after the 2012 election. They serve as a constant reminder of what kind of clueless individuals still support Obama after four years of watching the unemployment rate rise and remain far above what it was when he took office. Maybe after another year, the protesters will actually be able to articulate what it is that they are protesting.
no

aint never fought no chikns, aint never been to no chikn fightin either
No.....If you want to fight, then jump into a cage isntead of letting an innocent chicken fight and make your money for you...I hate this persona and this is exactly why we have the view that this area has...HATE IT!
^ Amen to that brother. It's chicken hearted individuals that don't have the guts to do fighting themselves that do this crap! In today's society, youth sports has turned into our new "Chicken Fighting". The parents who live their lives through their kids who are complete idiots in the bleachers yelling, screaming and blaming the inabilities of their childrens performance or playing time all on someone else. It's because those parents were failures in their day, and they have to have their kids do the "chicken fighting" for them!
The gamecock harvest industry brought in more than $113,000,000.00 annually to Oklahomas rural areas. It is vital for Oklahoma's survival to bring the gamecock harvest industry (cockfighting) back to rural Oklahoma and we need constitutional minded legislators and elected leaders that possess the courage to stand up and do so.

Those elected officials so obviously willing to trample the constitution to please animal rights extremists, well funded out of state special interests organizations, UN Agenda 21 supporters and put chickens above human lives become very transparent when forced to publicly take sides on the cockfighting issue.

Remember Brad Henry in 2004 and Jari Askins in 2006 and Drew Edmondson in 2010. Rural Gamecock owners have the voting strength to get rid of every United Nations Agenda 21 supporting sellout at our state capitol if we will use the gamecock industry to unite and energize them into political action.

It really is very clear choice:

Option 1, Oklahoma's elected officials support and defend our Constitution, American citizens rights, freedoms and agriculture industries and our rural farmers and ranchers lives.

Option 2, Oklahoma's elected traitors support and defend the animal rights extremists, special interests organizations, chickens rights and the UN Agenda 21 destruction and take over of America.

Clear enough for everyone?

The criminalization of the gamecock harvest industry was brought about by a corrupt animal extremist organization working with political cronies and a corrupt Oklahoma Supreme Court Judge named James Winchester.

The gamecock harvest industry is just that an animal agriculture industry, farmers and ranchers attempting to earn a living and provide for our families by harvesting our livestock in the same method of harvest gamecocks have been harvested in for more than 3000 years the same method of harvest that gamecocks are being harvested by in many countries around the world today.

Every raid by law enforcement officers creates a situation where law enforcement officers may have to kill a human being. That is an inherent and obvious fact with the enforcement of every law, traffic stop, domestic disturbance call, drug enforcement raid, and every cockfighting raid. There have ben 10 cockfighting raids in Oklahoma from 2004 through early 2010. We started going public with our ads in Dec 2009 and since that time cockfighting raids have stopped.

Because our legislators and law enforcement officers have recognized that the cockfighting law is unconstitutional and endangering rural Oklahomans lives using the excuse of defending chickens. It's about time our legislators take the next step, display the common sense and courage to uphold their oaths of office "to support and defend the Constitutions of the State of Oklahoma and the United States" and repeal this unconsitutional law, bring this important agricultural industry back to Oklahoma and end the danger to rural Oklahoma farmers and ranchers lives over chickens.

In Oklahoma too many urban people put a higher value on chickens and advocate sending law enforcement officers out to make raids and create situations where law enforcement officers may kill a rural Oklahoma gamecock owner (farmer and rancher) using the excuse of defending the farmer's livestock (chickens) to stop the Oklahoma farmer from harvesting his livestock.

Of course the chickens will be handed over to the animal rights extremists of the humane society so this corrupt organization can get paid to kill the same chickens for their economic harvest of the gamecock owners livestock (chickens).

While some of our apathetic wishy-washy legislators like OKC representative Kris Steele sit by and wait on rural Oklahoma farmers and ranchers to be killed using the excuse of defending chickens because they don't have the courage to uphold their oath and defend the constitutional rights of Oklahomas' rural gamecock (livestock ranchers and farmers) owners.

This fight is absolutely a fight against the direct implementation of United Nations Agenda 21. Everyone must understand that this was the initial step and where the legal precedence was established that is being used to destroy Americas agriculture industries by placing a higher value on chickens (animals) than human lives.

This is as unconstitutional as it gets and such an obvious violation of our Constitution it isn't even remotely funny.

IF OUR LEGISLATORS DON'T HAVE THE COURAGE TO STAND UP AND UPHOLD THEIR OATH TO DEFEND OUR CONSTITUTION AGAINST A LAW THAT SO OBVIOUSLY PLACES CHICKENS ABOVE AMERICAN CITIZENS LIVES THEN ONLY A CIVIL WAR WILL RESTORE OUR CONSTITUTION AND BRING AMERICA BACK TO THE LAND OF THE FREE.

Thank you,

U.S. Army ret SFC B.L. Cozad Jr

I dont fight chickens i just eat them lol
^Ditto.

LWC fights chickens. He chokes them too is what I heard.