3) Danville
4) Southwestern
5) Pulaski County
6) Lincoln County
7) Boyle County
8) East Jessamine
9) Rockcastle County
10) McCreary Central

Based on my district predictions, I'm reserving the right to change the bottom 2 teams.....:biggrin:

9) McCreary Central
10) Casey County

There, that looks better.....:Thumbs:
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Let's get this thing back on topic!

It was on topic. Steve Adams is the best coach in the region, IMHO. Thankfully, he isn't going anywhere.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:mercer should win district & I agree that Pulaski will win a regional tournament at some point, if they get the Williams kid from McCreary which is rumored cause his mother works in Pulaski, they will make a run at state in 2013.

Read on another site that a 12th region coach is in the running at Dunbar, anyone know who this would be, Steve Adams, Damon Kelley, Chris O'Bryan, those are the only ones i can think of?

PurplePride92 Wrote:They are saying it will be an 11th region assistant coach taking the Dunbar job.

PurplePride92 Wrote:It was on topic. Steve Adams is the best coach in the region, IMHO. Thankfully, he isn't going anywhere.

Just to clarify Dunbar and the 11th region is not part of the 12th region! But I will agree that Steve Adams is a class act I talked to him over Christmas Tournament.
I dont really know what you saying dunbar and the 11th region is not part of the 12th region has to do with anything.

The statment was made on another site that it was a 12th region head coach getting the position. Then someone else came in, a different poster and said that it will be an 11th region assistant getting it.

So everything you just said was basically calling the sky blue, we already new that.
Lol! Can't we all just get along ...
Platinum & Gold Wrote:I dont really know what you saying dunbar and the 11th region is not part of the 12th region has to do with anything.

The statment was made on another site that it was a 12th region head coach getting the position. Then someone else came in, a different poster and said that it will be an 11th region assistant getting it.

So everything you just said was basically calling the sky blue, we already new that.

Exactly THIS thread states 12th Region 2010/2011 NOT Dunbar/11th Region No one cares about the 11th Region or Dunbar.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Exactly THIS thread states 12th Region 2010/2011 NOT Dunbar/11th Region No one cares about the 11th Region or Dunbar.

Relax. Instead of saying a 12th region coach is leaving for Dunbar and not sayin anything further I chose to complete the news story by saying it is an assistant from an 11th region school who would be taking the job. Calm down.
Anyways.. so who is going to get the job at Garrard County
I haven't heard of anyone myself. Looks like they would want to get someone in as soon as possible to try and turn things around for the Golden Lions.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Anyways.. so who is going to get the job at Garrard County

I heard it's going to be an assistant from an 11th region school.(just kidding)

I was told that the job was posted on March 23 so the 30 day period is over today. No word on the applicants and if a new coach isn't hired it is likely that the interim coach will remain the coach on an interim basis. That's the way I understand it.

I wonder if Derrick Springate is interested. Seems like his name has floated around recent job openings but nothing has stuck. I know he wanted the Boyle County job when Coach Adams got it.
Derek's name has floated around job openeings this year, or just job openings over the past couple years? I haven't heard his name for any jobs this year, but I was shocked I havent heard his name for any this year.

Henry will be down a little next year but have some up and coming freshman and 8th graders
Has any other names been thrown in the hat that anyone else knows about?
Has anyone heard of anyone being named head coach at Garrard County over the weekend?
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Has anyone heard of anyone being named head coach at Garrard County over the weekend?

Jim Bob Hicks from Bath County and Brad Sizemore, an assistant at South Laurel are the names I have heard. I heard Sizemore has interviewed a couple of times and that the principal is from Bath County. I also heard they offered it to Ronnie Bottoms and he declined.
Well I'm sure many have read the other thread but, Brad Sizemore is to be named the head coach of the Garrard County Boys Basketball team.
did offer to bottoms as soon as it opened.. sizemore is a good choice
Sizemore is a good choice but personally I think Bottoms would have been a better choice.
Bottoms didn't want it, he was the first choice but said no
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Bottoms didn't want it, he was the first choice but said no

Does he want to coach anywhere else or is he calling it quits?
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Does he want to coach anywhere else or is he calling it quits?

I read on another site that his wife is a principal at a Garrard County school and that created a conflict of interest. The Mercer job is now open and there have been rumors in my neck of the woods for a couple of months now that he may end up at a 45th district school.Confusedhh::eyeroll:
Well what 45th district school would that be, because Mercer is in the 46th?
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Well what 45th district school would that be, because Mercer is in the 46th?

This 45th district school still has a coach. If it happens you'll know what school I am talking about. Stay tuned.

If Bottoms applies for and receives the Mercer job then the rumors will be empty. The Mercer job becoming open could render the rumors meaningless.
Wherever he ends up, good luck to him.
I hear Britt was a good hire for Mercer. I guess they knew what they wanted after fir... I mean, "releasing" Cundiff. LOL
SportzAnimal Wrote:I hear Britt was a good hire for Mercer. I guess they knew what they wanted after fir... I mean, "releasing" Cundiff. LOL

So Mercer has named a new head coach?
Yes. Britt was an assistant. They just moved him on up...

Knowing what PurplePride92 has said....Guess that still leaves the rumors flyin about Bottoms and the 45th District.
SportzAnimal Wrote:Yes. Britt was an assistant. They just moved him on up...

Knowing what PurplePride92 has said....Guess that still leaves the rumors flyin about Bottoms and the 45th District.

Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride! :popcorn: