Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
67.86%
Johnson Central
32.14%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Johnson Central 8/20
Wow!!!! Boyle is a real deal. Posters seem to be giving the Eagles no chance to win and only few to play it close. I have no horse in the race but there seems to be something out there that tells me close and maybe that the birds will pull it off. This game would have been real interesting if played later in the season.
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:Not saying JC will win but i promise BC players and fans will not have the same thoughts after playing JC this year. I honestly believe we will move the ball and play a tight game with Boyle. Will we rack up 400 rushing, probably not but it will not be the same team you saw last year. If Boyle comes in thinking what they saw last year is the JC of this year they will head back home with an early loss. I hope it is a great game and both teams come out clean. Go Eagles!

i love boyle county but i am think jc will win this 10-7
If Johnson Central controls the time of possession, I believe that they will win. If they don't, I don't think that they will have much of a chance. If JC wins, I don't think that it will be a low scoring game.
I like what JC is going to be fielding this year... but I LOVE what Boyle County has coming back. I honestly think this will be one of the most dominant Boyle teams since the run with the squads featuring Tamme, Brandon Smith, the Leffews, and Matt Quinn.

There are only 4 or 5 teams who I can see standing toe to toe with Boyle and beating them without assistance. JC is not one of those teams, but I do feel if JC plays their A game and Boyle turns it over we could possibly see the upset.
I may eat my words but i think if Boyle comes in with the attitude of some of their followers they may have a bad night. Last year is still a mystery to me, not just the Boyle game but pretty much the entire season. We are not the team Boyle hammered last year. Yes Boyle has an amazing team once again but the Eagles are pretty good themselves. We WILL move the ball this year and if Boyle runs Belly like i have heard it really plays into our hands. If we are ready for any offense it would be BELLY! Can't wait for the 20th and i hope both teams play well and injury free. Go EAGLES!
I can't wait to see these new and improved eagles that's going to MOVE the ball on the rebels state winning defense.
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:I may eat my words but i think if Boyle comes in with the attitude of some of their followers they may have a bad night. Last year is still a mystery to me, not just the Boyle game but pretty much the entire season. We are not the team Boyle hammered last year. Yes Boyle has an amazing team once again but the Eagles are pretty good themselves. We WILL move the ball this year and if Boyle runs Belly like i have heard it really plays into our hands. If we are ready for any offense it would be BELLY! Can't wait for the 20th and i hope both teams play well and injury free. Go EAGLES!

The bolded part really confuses me. Boyle will run the same O that has gotten them 6 State Titles. If anything they will be more balanced this year, than in the past on both passing and running. On the other side the only way I see JC moving the ball is in the air. 7 passing attemps for the game plays right into our bread and butter (our rushing defense).

Looks like 2 big bullies going to meet on the street corner, and I'm looking forward to see the outcome.
Looks like 2 big bullies going to meet on the street corner, and I'm looking forward to see the outcome.[/QUOTE]

I love this statement.
Please don't take it as if i am being cocky or rude because i don't mean top come off that way. I just feel that this may be a harder road than some may realize when you face Central this year. Its just my opinion and i hope you guys have a nice time at The NEST as well as a very safe trip. Look forward to being able to talk to some of you guys. Go EAGLES!
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:I may eat my words but i think if Boyle comes in with the attitude of some of their followers they may have a bad night. Last year is still a mystery to me, not just the Boyle game but pretty much the entire season. We are not the team Boyle hammered last year. Yes Boyle has an amazing team once again but the Eagles are pretty good themselves. We WILL move the ball this year and if Boyle runs Belly like i have heard it really plays into our hands. If we are ready for any offense it would be BELLY! Can't wait for the 20th and i hope both teams play well and injury free. Go EAGLES!

Boyles offense will be more balenced this year.they will pass more than last year hale is a better QB than Boyle has had the last 2 years.as for JC moving the ball ill eat my hat if they have over a 100 yds of total offense against Boyles starting defense.:biggrin::biggrin:
They haven't changed there offense. Still going to run the same 12 or so plays they always have.

I can't imagine Boyle County running the belly.

What is the attitude that the Boyle County followers have? That we believe that we have a great defense? Not many of "our" followers believe that Boyle County is going to blowout Johnson Central. Many of "our" followers believe that is going to be a close game. It seems to me that you still hold a grudge against Boyle County from last year's game.

Also, I believe if Johnson Central runs the ball the whole game then the game that the game will be in Boyle County's favor as I feel that there aren't many teams that can run against Boyle County. I'm going to stick by what I say. If I have to eat crow then I will. I will fess up "IF" I'm wrong. Only time will tell. :Thumbs:
64black&gold Wrote:They haven't changed there offense. Still going to run the same 12 or so plays they always have.

Yeah I thought so. I couldn't imagine Boyle County switching the offense around. "If it ain't broke don't fix it".
Ring'Em Up Wrote:He wears 14.

You think! I have been to every practice since Hale started football in 4th grade with about 15 other seniors. I hope it pays off for all they have been through. These kid are very hard hitters and very determine! Defend the Pride Rebels!!:worthy:
BoyleCounty Wrote:I can't imagine Boyle County running the belly.

What is the attitude that the Boyle County followers have? That we believe that we have a great defense? Not many of "our" followers believe that Boyle County is going to blowout Johnson Central. Many of "our" followers believe that is going to be a close game. It seems to me that you still hold a grudge against Boyle County from last year's game.

Also, I believe if Johnson Central runs the ball the whole game then the game that the game will be in Boyle County's favor as I feel that there aren't many teams that can run against Boyle County. I'm going to stick by what I say. If I have to eat crow then I will. I will fess up "IF" I'm wrong. Only time will tell. :Thumbs:

You mention "our" followers what do you mean? What is the general concensus about the game among the Boyle County faithful? Of couse I'm excluding the crazy ones that we all have.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyles offense will be more balenced this year.they will pass more than last year hale is a better QB than Boyle has had the last 2 years.as for JC moving the ball ill eat my hat if they have over a 100 yds of total offense against Boyles starting defense.:biggrin::biggrin:

I'll bring the bib. We have really good grilled burgers as well.
HestersManiacs10 Wrote:You'll not see the same Boyle team either I can promise you that. Or defense is better than last years if you ask me. Were ready for more and this team is on a mission for number 7 and it just so happens that your eagles are first up.

The more I read posts like this the more I look forward to this game. It's amazing that you get on here and run your mouth and we havn't even started the season yet. How can you know how good your going to be on either side of the ball? I mean most teams are practicing against there own practice squads that are basically made up of jv players. Look man I like your enthusiasm but you need to use your head a little bit. You may get the same result this year that you did last year but you may not either. Games are not won on message boards and I'm sure the good fans that follow Boyle County cringe when you get on here. I met some great courteous fans last year when I made the trip to Danville last season so I hope the good fans of Boyle County doesn't think that I grouping Hester here with the rest of you. I know we all have some crazy ones.
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:I'll bring the bib. We have really good grilled burgers as well.

Can i send my hat up a few days early so you can soak it in some good marinade for me.i know i made a bold statement about our defense,but i expect to it to be the best we have had since the Chuck Smith era. i just think JC will have a hard time moving the ball unless they throw it alot and very well,anyone Boyle plays this year will find it very difficult to run the ball.you will have to be very balenced to move the ball on this years defense.:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Hester is a little cocky,but any Boyle fan can tell you how good this years senior class is they have played togather since the 3rd or 4th grade.as freshmen they went to trinity and beat trinity.this is the best and most talented group of seniors we have had since Chuck Smiths last state title team.i expect JC to be better than last year to.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Can i send my hat up a few days early so you can soak it in some good marinade for me.i know i made a bold statement about our defense,but i expect to it to be the best we have had since the Chuck Smith era. i just think JC will have a hard time moving the ball unless they throw it alot and very well,anyone Boyle plays this year will find it very difficult to run the ball.you will have to be very balenced to move the ball on this years defense.:Thumbs::Thumbs:

Sounds good to me. I sound a whole lot like you myself. I enjoy this poking back and forth. I am glad we both have confidence in our teams cause it shows we may actually have something to be proud of at some point this year. I really hope you guys come down and enjoy the atmosphere at JC including the burgers and the people. Don't take me wrong I still hope you lose but i hope you have a good time otherwise. LOL, See you the 20th.
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:Sounds good to me. I sound a whole lot like you myself. I enjoy this poking back and forth. I am glad we both have confidence in our teams cause it shows we may actually have something to be proud of at some point this year. I really hope you guys come down and enjoy the atmosphere at JC including the burgers and the people. Don't take me wrong I still hope you lose but i hope you have a good time otherwise. LOL, See you the 20th.

:thatsfunn

It's mutual.

I'm glad that we can all poke back and forth. I always try to show respect for the other teams and their fans. No matter what, I expect a great game. I look forward to seeing the Johnson Central stadium. Also, I hope the boys from both teams come out of the game healthy and I wish all Boyle County alumni a safe trip up there. :Thumbs:
JC will easily gain more than 100 yards but I still feel Boyle will win a low scoring battle. I just think our offense has a better chance of moving the ball against your defense than vice/versa. I'll just stick with my original guess. 17-7 Rebels.

I expect to see a tough hard hitting game.
http://amnews.com/stories/2010/08/09/spo.377580.sto

A good article from the Danville Advocate Messenger. Talks about the returning players of Boyle County and expectations.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Hester is a little cocky,but any Boyle fan can tell you how good this years senior class is they have played togather since the 3rd or 4th grade.as freshmen they went to trinity and beat trinity.this is the best and most talented group of seniors we have had since Chuck Smiths last state title team.i expect JC to be better than last year to.

I'm not cocky Jack just confident in our defense. I feel with out a doubt that Boyle County will have the best defense in the state this year.
Don Carlo Wrote:The more I read posts like this the more I look forward to this game. It's amazing that you get on here and run your mouth and we havn't even started the season yet. How can you know how good your going to be on either side of the ball? I mean most teams are practicing against there own practice squads that are basically made up of jv players. Look man I like your enthusiasm but you need to use your head a little bit. You may get the same result this year that you did last year but you may not either. Games are not won on message boards and I'm sure the good fans that follow Boyle County cringe when you get on here. I met some great courteous fans last year when I made the trip to Danville last season so I hope the good fans of Boyle County doesn't think that I grouping Hester here with the rest of you. I know we all have some crazy ones.

Im glad your looking forward to this game because I know we are. Some of us took offense to some of the post game remarks last year when your followers blame your beatdown on turnovers. Well buddy who do you think forced those to's? Thats right the Boyle County defense and get ready because we're a whole lot better this year! Your stone age offense didn't work last year and it's going to be even worse ths year because some of us hasnt forgotten what was said. We are the best defense that your Eagles will see this year. No team moved the ball on us at Jabez and we're better since camp and we're going to be even better when we play your team next week. I'm not in here running my mouth either man I'm just telling you the truth... The 2010 Boyle County Rebels will go down as one of the best defensive units that this state has ever seen and it just so happens that your eagles is first up in our quest for seven tour. We all know that defense wins championships.
HestersManiacs10 Wrote:I'm not cocky Jack just confident in our defense. I feel with out a doubt that Boyle County will have the best defense in the state this year.

I can agree with this statement. Boyle County had one of the, if not the, best defense in the state late year. They return the majority of that defense with one more year of experience. Also, Boyle County has the best linebacker crew in the state this year. I honestly do believe that much.
HestersManiacs10 Wrote:I'm not cocky Jack just confident in our defense. I feel with out a doubt that Boyle County will have the best defense in the state this year.

Hester,its fine to be cocky or confident.remember treat the other posters on here the way you want to be treated.i to think Boyle will have the best defense in the state this year,but remember a foot ball can take some funny bounces.:Thumbs:
Jack Lambert Wrote:Hester,its fine to be cocky or confident.remember treat the other posters on here the way you want to be treated.i to think Boyle will have the best defense in the state this year,but remember a foot ball can take some funny bounces.:Thumbs:

Nice post.
HestersManiacs10 Wrote:Im glad your looking forward to this game because I know we are. Some of us took offense to some of the post game remarks last year when your followers blame your beatdown on turnovers. Well buddy who do you think forced those to's? Thats right the Boyle County defense and get ready because we're a whole lot better this year! Your stone age offense didn't work last year and it's going to be even worse ths year because some of us hasnt forgotten what was said. We are the best defense that your Eagles will see this year. No team moved the ball on us at Jabez and we're better since camp and we're going to be even better when we play your team next week. I'm not in here running my mouth either man I'm just telling you the truth... The 2010 Boyle County Rebels will go down as one of the best defensive units that this state has ever seen and it just so happens that your eagles is first up in our quest for seven tour. We all know that defense wins championships.

See case in point HM10 you need to settle down and take a deep breath son. I know Boyle is a fine team. I'm not knocking them at all. All I'm saying is you need to be more humble and as Lambert put it " treat other posters on here the way you want to be treated". Games are not won or lost on message boards.I'm telling you I kinda hope Boyle does repeat because I met some fine folks down there last year and I'm sure you all have some great kids. I just want you too lose week 0.:biggrin:

Now to the bolded part in your previous post. What do you mean no team moved the ball on you at Jabez? Did you scrimmage at camp?
HestersManiacs10 Wrote:Im glad your looking forward to this game because I know we are. Some of us took offense to some of the post game remarks last year when your followers blame your beatdown on turnovers. Well buddy who do you think forced those to's? Thats right the Boyle County defense and get ready because we're a whole lot better this year! Your stone age offense didn't work last year and it's going to be even worse ths year because some of us hasnt forgotten what was said. We are the best defense that your Eagles will see this year. No team moved the ball on us at Jabez and we're better since camp and we're going to be even better when we play your team next week. I'm not in here running my mouth either man I'm just telling you the truth... The 2010 Boyle County Rebels will go down as one of the best defensive units that this state has ever seen and it just so happens that your eagles is first up in our quest for seven tour. We all know that defense wins championships.
How did you play teams at Jabez.Are you saying your team already has their scrimage in.Just saying most teams shouldn't scrimage at camp so they can get in their regular scheduled scrimage in.But since they have scrimaged that gives them an extra week to get ready for JC.Maybe a smart move.I just know that JC vs.Boyle is week zero.So you would want a scrimage game the week before your first regular season game.Instead of doing your scrimage at camp.Just wondering.:dontthink
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next