Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate the 15th
Bob Seger Wrote:Nobody is denying Shepherds numbers. I know pre injury, what you state is legit. I also am very much aware of the rarity of consistant mid 80's in high school. That's my whole point.

I agree, the players he listed are capable of hitting those numbers but some of them wont do it consistently as he recalls. Shepherd on the other hand can hit mid 80s consistently with a fastball, not sure about the other players though.
Bob Seger Wrote:Parker was just a sophomore then as well. Perhaps he is much better now too. Again if you knew that Shepherd was beaten by Parker why did you say that he wasn't?

Know for a fact that you didn't......... LOL....And no, and you dont know that either. :Clap: I seemed to know a lot of other pertinent information that you either didn't know or failed to mention, didn't I? lol

I dont think everyone agrees with anything. Hamilton or Cecil are both very capable of shutting down LC bats on any given day. Anyways, like I said, all it takes is 1 run to win a ball game.

My prediction is a competitive 57th district tournament. LC may not even make it out of that if they have to face a Parker or a Zack Jackson early and cant put a few runs on the board. It is also my prediction that you better worry about that first before you have a regional tournament already "in the bag".

Bob....some people just can't handle the truth...lol. :notworthy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
phs1986 Wrote:Boys.... boy.... play nice! For once can we have a baseball thread stay open? Geez.... it isn't even in season just yet! Keep it on topic, state your opinions, and refrain from comments that a 5 year old would use! ONLY WARNING!

PHS, would you be so kind as to point out what posts you consider out of line, or at least those that may be borderline offensive. I know that I dont, and I am sure others as well, dont want to be guilty of that offense. It's just that after reviewing what has been posted for the last day or so I honestly dont see what you may be referring to,(unless something has been deleted since I was last on the board and cannot see now). Could you help out with some guidelines here? Thanks in advance for your clarification.
Where is the mention of pitch location and change of speeds? According to MLB.com and those who have pitched and played the game for years, there are three important aspects to major league pitching, and they are location, movement, and velocity ( and they are in that order). While it's fantastic that anyone can pitch at the 90's+ velocity, just what exactly is that guy doing with the pitch? Is he able to locate it where he wants? Does it have any movement on it or does it just set there in the same spot? Velocity is good for one thing in my humble opinion, it helps when your location or movement isn't spot on for you that game, but to rely on velocity alone is a mistake I believe.
blackwidow Wrote:Where is the mention of pitch location and change of speeds? According to MLB.com and those who have pitched and played the game for years, there are three important aspects to major league pitching, and they are location, movement, and velocity ( and they are in that order). While it's fantastic that anyone can pitch at the 90's+ velocity, just what exactly is that guy doing with the pitch? Is he able to locate it where he wants? Does it have any movement on it or does it just set there in the same spot? Velocity is good for one thing in my humble opinion, it helps when your location or movement isn't spot on for you that game, but to rely on velocity alone is a mistake I believe.
Exactly:Thumbs:
blackwidow Wrote:Where is the mention of pitch location and change of speeds? According to MLB.com and those who have pitched and played the game for years, there are three important aspects to major league pitching, and they are location, movement, and velocity ( and they are in that order). While it's fantastic that anyone can pitch at the 90's+ velocity, just what exactly is that guy doing with the pitch? Is he able to locate it where he wants? Does it have any movement on it or does it just set there in the same spot? Velocity is good for one thing in my humble opinion, it helps when your location or movement isn't spot on for you that game, but to rely on velocity alone is a mistake I believe.

Good Post
Bob Seger Wrote:PHS, would you be so kind as to point out what posts you consider out of line, or at least those that may be borderline offensive. I know that I dont, and I am sure others as well, dont want to be guilty of that offense. It's just that after reviewing what has been posted for the last day or so I honestly dont see what you may be referring to,(unless something has been deleted since I was last on the board and cannot see now). Could you help out with some guidelines here? Thanks in advance for your clarification.

Just for YOUR clarification, YES there have been many posts deleted and edited for content. I have done it myself and would not have posted the warning post had I not. Please, do not think I will "rain on your parade" but then again, please know that if it gets out of line, I or another moderator/administrator will shut it down if the banter continues!
Thanks and I hope this clears everything up for ya!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Bob Seger Wrote:Parker was just a sophomore then as well. Perhaps he is much better now too. Again if you knew that Shepherd was beaten by Parker why did you say that he wasn't?

Know for a fact that you didn't......... LOL....And no, and you dont know that either. :Clap: I seemed to know a lot of other pertinent information that you either didn't know or failed to mention, didn't I? lol

I dont think everyone agrees with anything. Hamilton or Cecil are both very capable of shutting down LC bats on any given day. Anyways, like I said, all it takes is 1 run to win a ball game.

My prediction is a competitive 57th district tournament. LC may not even make it out of that if they have to face a Parker or a Zack Jackson early and cant put a few runs on the board. It is also my prediction that you better worry about that first before you have a regional tournament already "in the bag".

I dont see how you can compare parker to shep?
Parker is a "headcase" on the field with his attitude and temper, and look at sheps numbers compared to parkers. Shep = UK SEC. not even on the same level as jackson or parker. compare burton, cline, and moore to parker. those are more even comparisons.

The only thing that would keep the dawgs out of winning region is if they shut their bats down like last year, and I dont see that happening again.
Batting will be the weakness with pitching and defense mainly pitching as the strong point.

If you dont believe me please bring your gun to bulldog lane and Im sure our pitchers will be more than willing to prove you wrong.
The radar gun doesnt lie:Thumbs:

Better yet you will see when the season rolls around when we are shutting out teams.

You keep talking about our bats but we cant be beat if we dont give up runs.
SweetTea Wrote:I dont see how you can compare parker to shep?
Parker is a "headcase" on the field with his attitude and temper, and look at sheps numbers compared to parkers. Shep = UK SEC. not even on the same level as jackson or parker. compare burton, cline, and moore to parker. those are more even comparisons.

The only thing that would keep the dawgs out of winning region is if they shut their bats down like last year, and I dont see that happening again.
Batting will be the weakness with pitching and defense mainly pitching as the strong point.

If you dont believe me please bring your gun to bulldog lane and Im sure our pitchers will be more than willing to prove you wrong.

Better yet you will see when the season rolls around when we are shutting out teams.

No need to put down Parker, he is a 3 sport athlete and is a very good one at that.

Nobody said those pitchers couldn't throw what you claimed, they are saying they don't throw in consistently. Sure they can reach mid 80s but very doubtful they throw it more than average. which is consistent.
SweetTea Wrote:I dont see how you can compare parker to shep?

Nobody compared anyone to anyone, but since you insist on bringing up attitudes and the other comment you made , who threw the fit when he was taken off the mound in the '09 district finals? And since you want to throw Jackson in the conversation, I'll just tell you my opinion on that. With Jackson coming from the left side he is much more of a commodity than Shepherd is, with a much higher upside. In UK's SEC World, Shepherd's are a dime a dozen. Please dont take that as putting him down either. He just offers nothing that every team in the SEC doesn't already have a full staff of. Anyways, enough of that stuff, I am not trying to be negative on any player as I hope he and every other player around here has a great career.
SweetLemonade Wrote:No need to put down Parker, he is a 3 sport athlete and is a very good one at that.

Nobody said those pitchers couldn't throw what you claimed, they are saying they don't throw in consistently. Sure they can reach mid 80s but very doubtful they throw it more than average. which is consistent.
I have never seen Moore top out higher than 77. Perhaps he can, but I have never seen him more than 74-77. And like SweetTea said, "the gun dont lie." So I want to re-emphasize that velocity is way over rated to begin with and those exaggerated numbers were not needed to state your case. I, and everyone else knows they are all pretty good pitchers for this area.
Bob Seger Wrote:I have never seen Moore top out higher than 77. Perhaps he can, but I have never seen him more than 74-77. And like SweetTea said, "the gun dont lie." So I want to re-emphasize that velocity is way over rated to begin with and those exaggerated numbers were not needed to state your case. I, and everyone else knows they are all pretty good pitchers for this area.

Excuse me lemon, that should have been stated as his rather than your.
^ No problem, Personally I havnt seen Moore hit higher then 81.
Bob Seger Wrote:Nobody compared anyone to anyone, but since you insist on bringing up attitudes and the other comment you made , who threw the fit when he was taken off the mound in the '09 district finals? And since you want to throw Jackson in the conversation, I'll just tell you my opinion on that. With Jackson coming from the left side he is much more of a commodity than Shepherd is, with a much higher upside. In UK's SEC World, Shepherd's are a dime a dozen. Please dont take that as putting him down either. He just offers nothing that every team in the SEC doesn't already have a full staff of. Anyways, enough of that stuff, I am not trying to be negative on any player as I hope he and every other player around here has a great career.

I think UK's recruiting staff would have recruited and signed jackson if he would offer more than shepherd.
In todays college and pro baseball there are just as many left handed batters than right, so that really dosent matter.

Shep has proven he is worthy and that why he has signed with UK.
SweetTea Wrote:I think UK's recruiting staff would have recruited and signed jackson if he would offer more than shepherd.
In todays college and pro baseball there are just as many left handed batters than right, so that really dosent matter.Shep has proven he is worthy and that why he has signed with UK.

I said upside.

Just as many? Hardly.

And oh BTW, You probably couldn't tell me a whole lot on what the coaches at UK think. I have been through it all before with John Cohen, Gary Henderson, and Brad Bohannon at one point in time. I pretty much know what they expect, want, and theorize. Kind of a been there, done that sort of thing. I'm really doubting that you may have that first hand information and experience though. I do thank you for your expert advice and wisdom however.

Ironic that your own teammate, (classmate?) is countering your velocity claims as well.
Bob Seger Wrote:I have never seen Moore top out higher than 77. Perhaps he can, but I have never seen him more than 74-77. And like SweetTea said, "the gun dont lie." So I want to re-emphasize that velocity is way over rated to begin with and those exaggerated numbers were not needed to state your case. I, and everyone else knows they are all pretty good pitchers for this area.

Velocity is overrated to a certain extent, which is why in the original post that started all of this I talked of movement, changing of speeds etc.

I would not blow these kids up.
I have seen Burton, Cline, and Moore all hit 83-85. Of course not ever pitch all game long or all bullpen long is that high but they hit it multiple, multiple times.

Infact burton toped out at 88 according to the headcoach of berea who clocked him just a couple weeks ago.

Cline and Moore has toped out at 86.

topped out doesnt mean consistency.

I think anyone would be willing to agree that LC has the best pitching staff with Burton, Cline, Moore and Shepherd.

The bats will be the big thing for LC, if they get rolling, no stoping the dawgs
I am a big fan of Shep's. Having said that I have a question. Has anyone stopped to think that the UK staff may have had many things on their minds when they signed Shep? He is an excellent hitter and fields the ball nicely. The UK coaches have not shared anything with me. How about you guys?:biggrin:
listen.. shep is pitching at uk obviousley. he is also signing as a dual player to play outfield and hit to go along with his pitching... and as far as u saying this ignorant stuff about the coaches at uk and what they expect? shepherd could have went to anywhere in the sec except georgia and florida, as well as arizona state and tcu. dont tell me that hes a dime a dozen. yes there are very good pitchers and players in the state that are very good. and fyi this is 100 percent honesty. i know shepherd personally and his family. actually probably closer than anyone on this website. shepherd is not even gonna see the college field anyway. if he does its because he got 700,000 instead of 1.4 million. thankyou.
alright, first of all.
All you fakers out here in bgr land need to calm down,
listen here.
you dont know the uk coaches and you arent a scout and you dont own a radar gun and you for sure dont come to LC games with this gun,
the only thing you do is sit at home and pretend to know what your talking about here on BGR.

i know shep very well and i know all the coaches at lc and in the area and also ive spoken with the uk scout that has recruited shep.

every team in the state would love to have him on their team and every college team would be glad to have him. so why is he a dime a dozen
look at his stats and you tell me then if hes not worthy or good enough.
zach jackson doesnt have anything on shep or he would have a signing day with uk coming up, imo hello pikeville college.

also shepherd has been approched by multiple mlb scouts how many other players have been contacted by mlb coaches and scouts? i know who hasnt and thats zach jackson or anyone else. 1.4 million sounds good and there no doubt he can do it.
maybe he will donate a large sum of it to bgr and have you fakers banned.

please come down to bulldawg lane and any of our pitchers will throw for you and we will even let you use our radar gun since you dont have one nor do you come to any games with them, im at every single game and i know you dont.
these pitchers are all legit. bottom line LC DOMINATION.
the wiz is back holla at yo boiiii
:igiveup::igiveup:
thewiz Wrote:alright, first of all.
listen here.
you dont know the uk coaches and you arent a scout and you dont own a radar gun and you for sure dont come to LC games with this gun,
the only thing you do is sit at home and pretend to know what your talking about here on BGR.

i know shep very well and i know all the coaches at lc and in the area and also ive spoken with the uk scout that has recruited shep.

every team in the state would love to have him on their team and every college team would be glad to have him. so why is he a dime a dozen
zach jackson doesnt have anything on shep or he would have a signing day with uk coming up, imo hello pikeville college.

also shepherd has been approched by multiple mlb scouts how many other players have been contacted by mlb coaches and scouts? i know who hasnt and thats zach jackson or anyone else. 1.4 million sounds good and there no doubt he can do it.

please come down to bulldawg lane and any of our pitchers will throw for you and we will even let you use our radar gun since you dont have one nor do you come to any games with them, im at every single game and i know you dont.

:igiveup: :closed: :1: :ChairHit: thanks night:zzz:
listen here.

You know usually I do not condon arguing and stuff but you made some good points here and I think it was neccesary, this was all provoked.

SHEP and this LC staff is LEGIT.
very much agreed:1::rockon:
listen here.

Hm, do ya think the WIZ should be:ban:
listen here.

lol
sweettea Wrote:velocity is overrated to a certain extent, which is why in the original post that started all of this i talked of movement, changing of speeds etc.

I would not blow these kids up.
I have seen burton, cline, and moore all hit 83-85. Of course not ever pitch all game long or all bullpen long is that high but they hit it multiple, multiple times.

Infact burton toped out at 88 according to the headcoach of berea who clocked him just a couple weeks ago.cline and moore has toped out at 86.

Topped out doesnt mean consistency.

I think anyone would be willing to agree that lc has the best pitching staff with burton, cline, moore and shepherd.

The bats will be the big thing for lc, if they get rolling, no stoping the dawgs

huh? Berea's coach has a radar gun? Jk
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:huh? Berea's coach has a radar gun? Jk

Sure he does, he licks his finger, points it in the air and feels the wind as the ball goes by.:biggrin:
This one is done! Feel free to start another thread specifically for Lawrence County if you all wish and another thread for the 15th region. THE ENTIRE REGION, not only LC. This was a region thread which has now turned into nothing but strictly LC. By no means am I knocking those young men. If you all want to discuss them, open up a thread on it!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]