Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate the 15th
thewiz Wrote:LC played a schedule ranked among the top 10 in the state.
What does that have to do with anything?

Also LC pitched off throwing Banks the entire game for LC and most of pikeviles runs came in the last 2 innings.
Fair enough, but LC throwing off and Pikeville throwing off are two different animals.

yes if the game last year was played over LC would win 99/100 times.
I have no clue, I have tried to reason, other than you play for LC or played, because that is a statement a mature person does not make. It is just stupidity.

and LC beat belfry all 3 times played last year
Once again, What does this have to do with anything?
See Bold. I also noticed you failed to refute the championships argument, which you brought up.
what does any of this matter? Just wait until the season gets here and lets see who comes out on top. Maybe a thread should be started, who is better Pikeville or Lawrence Co.
candi Wrote:what does any of this matter? Just wait until the season gets here and lets see who comes out on top. Maybe a thread should be started, who is better Pikeville or Lawrence Co.
You will see that I have conceded LC as #1. All I am after is a little freakin respect.
Pikeville definitely #1. Last time I saw LC on the field with Pikeville it looked like men against boys.
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville definitely #1. Last time I saw LC on the field with Pikeville it looked like men against boys.

Hmm you sure? I don't remember it being that bad?
:please:

should be a great game this year, im sure both teams will have great seasons.
enough is enough, we will just have to wait it out i guess.
Panther Thunder Wrote:See Bold. I also noticed you failed to refute the championships argument, which you brought up.

strength of schedule has to do with everything.

belfry was mention on an earlier post.

stupidity?
your intelligence level should be high enough to understand that using 99/100 times as an exaggeration to show the extent of how much better LC was last year.

yes pikeville won, i know this, they won fair.
LC lost the game themselves. from top to bottom the wrong decisions was made and that cost them.
they didnt show up. LC was the favorite to win and handed it to pikeville.
LC played poorly and couldnt catch any breaks they roped some balls but nothing seemed to fall.

earlier this year in college football south Carolina lost beat alabama.
even though south carolina won you cant honestly tell me that they are better than bama, because they arent, they got lucky.

just like pikeville, and a win is a win pikeville won straight up.

everyone beef is people talking about how much greater pikeville is and how LC is overrated and how pikeville is so much better this and that etc.
It'll be settled on the field guys..... It was settled last year and will be thsi year... Period- END of story! Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:It'll be settled on the field guys..... It was settled last year and will be thsi year... Period- END of story! Smile

Agreed! :Clap:
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Forgive me but I am not familiar with Musik. Football player? As I have said you will see Salyer from time to time. I was especially impressed with his show this S/F against BC.

Musik is a football player, but he has played baseball every year.
3rd baseman.
he can be effective when the dawgs run out of pitching.

salyers is very young and is not of close to being compared with shep or anyone else.
he wont touch a vasity mound until next year when the dawgs lose every pitcher they have.
he has raw talent, need to develope and get bigger, who knows if that will happen.
I'd keep a close eye out on the Paintsville Tigers, they return a very young team from last year that was really competitive at the beggining and midway through the season. I believe they return a lefty by the name of Jackson? Who i think is capable of beating anyone from what i saw from him last year.
thewiz Wrote:Musik is a football player, but he has played baseball every year.
3rd baseman.
he can be effective when the dawgs run out of pitching.

salyers is very young and is not of close to being compared with shep or anyone else.
he wont touch a vasity mound until next year when the dawgs lose every pitcher they have.
he has raw talent, need to develope and get bigger, who knows if that will happen.
Thanks for the info on Musik. As to little Mr. Salyers ,of cource he is not a top five pitcher. He bears of cource no resemblance to Shep. My opinion is that he will see the mound on a selected basis.If he sees 2% of what he got this summer he will be a happy little guy. No he is not going to be in the regional finals but BC will probably be happy if you are correct in your assumptions. This makes me think you did not see him this summer because he had some innings better than a selected few older heads. Oh by the way check his K count.I don't think youwill find it too shabby considering his advancing age.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Thanks for the info on Musik. As to little Mr. Salyers ,of cource he is not a top five pitcher. He bears of cource no resemblance to Shep. My opinion is that he will see the mound on a selected basis.If he sees 2% of what he got this summer he will be a happy little guy. No he is not going to be in the regional finals but BC will probably be happy if you are correct in your assumptions. This makes me think you did not see him this summer because he had some innings better than a selected few older heads. Oh by the way check his K count.I don't think youwill find it too shabby considering his advancing age.

Confusedhh:
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Thanks for the info on Musik. As to little Mr. Salyers ,of cource he is not a top five pitcher. He bears of cource no resemblance to Shep. My opinion is that he will see the mound on a selected basis.If he sees 2% of what he got this summer he will be a happy little guy. No he is not going to be in the regional finals but BC will probably be happy if you are correct in your assumptions. This makes me think you did not see him this summer because he had some innings better than a selected few older heads. Oh by the way check his K count.I don't think youwill find it too shabby considering his advancing age.

i saw alot this summer and fall, please note
he pitched against the young teams and after a veteran pitcher that throws much harder, hard to adjust from facing 83+ to 55.

he has a future with the dogs im not taking anything away from him or knocking on him, im just being straight up, he doesnt need the big head cause hes nowhere near where he needs to be.
he will be successfull but in the future, that will be sometime from now.
hes got great raw stuff but he has to get taller, stonger, and faster to be effective.
he is young after he matures im sure he will be a good pitcher in the future for the dawgs, sitting behind a great pitching staff like the dawgs have now will help groom him if he can pick up somethings, goodluck dawgs
thewiz Wrote:i saw alot this summer and fall, please note
he pitched against the young teams and after a veteran pitcher that throws much harder, hard to adjust from facing 83+ to 55.

he has a future with the dogs im not taking anything away from him or knocking on him, im just being straight up, he doesnt need the big head cause hes nowhere near where he needs to be.
he will be successfull but in the future, that will be sometime from now.
hes got great raw stuff but he has to get taller, stonger, and faster to be effective.
he is young after he matures im sure he will be a good pitcher in the future for the dawgs, sitting behind a great pitching staff like the dawgs have now will help groom him if he can pick up somethings, goodluck dawgs
Wait a minute wiz. Nobody said that the kid would side into a starting position.When you pitch against a pretty good Boyd Co. team the way he did ,you deserve a look every now and then. Because you don't like him that's your problem. The people that matter will take care of business.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Wait a minute wiz. Nobody said that the kid would side into a starting position.When you pitch against a pretty good Boyd Co. team the way he did ,you deserve a look every now and then. Because you don't like him that's your problem. The people that matter will take care of business.

P.S. The top three guy are going to be a little bit disturbed about your 83:eyeroll:
Oh by the way to all the mature posters let me say "A happy time in Dawgtown soon". I don't expect everyone to understand that one either.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Wait a minute wiz. Nobody said that the kid would side into a starting position.When you pitch against a pretty good Boyd Co. team the way he did ,you deserve a look every now and then. Because you don't like him that's your problem. The people that matter will take care of business.

when did i say i didnt like him?
im just saying hes too young and hasnt developed no where near enough.
pitching is an art.
in due time he will grow and develope into a mature good pitcher.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:P.S. The top three guy are going to be a little bit disturbed about your 83:eyeroll:

i dont understand?

He never said he didn't like him? :please:
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:P.S. The top three guy are going to be a little bit disturbed about your 83:eyeroll:

:please:
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Oh by the way to all the mature posters let me say "A happy time in Dawgtown soon". I don't expect everyone to understand that one either.

Mature posters? who is being immature? Your the one saying you don't expect anyone to understand your posts? :please:
Shep Healty = LC #1
About jackson from paintesville.. yes ive seen him pitch. not sure about velocity. but very good control, and he gets outs. he will a force on the hill for the tigers thats for sure. just haft to get him some run support.
FiveStar Wrote:About jackson from paintesville.. yes ive seen him pitch. not sure about velocity. but very good control, and he gets outs. he will a force on the hill for the tigers thats for sure. just haft to get him some run support.

hes good, being a lefty also gives him advantages but, hes not even close to shep.
isnt worthy of clean sheps cleats.
sorry but that how i see it.

shep = mr. baseball of KY

hes gonna have another great year for the dawgs
SweetLemonade Wrote:Mature posters? who is being immature? Your the one saying you don't expect anyone to understand your posts? :please:
SL if you are a mature poster,you should have no question as to wheither or not you are. Secondly did you understand the posts? If you did that appears to settle both issues. Not "anyone" but rather those who are immature and certainly not all posts should be referenced.
SweetLemonade Wrote:He never said he didn't like him? :please:
Posts 39 and 43 ."Anyone"-" Bighead". Are you familiar with the concept of player development? You can't shove a player, who has been identified as having certain skills ,to the back burner because he needs development. You know who makes those determinations. Yep that's right " The coach" and LC has an excellent staff.
thewiz Wrote:hes good, being a lefty also gives him advantages but, hes not even close to shep.

Gee-Wiz. I can't believe that you made these statements especially the cleat deal. That was wrong man!!!! Let me tell you something about that Lefty. First he thows in the 80's,has excellent control,gives up very few BB,has a good curve ball that tails off real nicely on a Rt. handed batter. He has always had a high K rate with relatively low pitch count. By the way he threw in a red uniform one game this Summer/Fall. Is he as good as Shep? Heck no!!
His bat ain't there and let's face it' Shep is the real deal'. Now finally why don't you ask the baseball staff if they would let Lefty clean cleats.I bet you they will. In addition :biggrin:LC has 3 pitchers that throw above 83. Have you gunned them? I have. Sorry guys I can't play any longer. Got to go to work.
thewiz Wrote:hes good, being a lefty also gives him advantages but, hes not even close to shep.

Post like this make you look like a total a** clown. Jackson shut LC down all year last year. And to make the comment that he isn't worthy of cleaning his spikes? About a high school kid? Really?

You are playing into my theory that you play for LC or are the most immature adult on BGR.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Gee-Wiz. I can't believe that you made these statements especially the cleat deal. That was wrong man!!!! Let me tell you something about that Lefty. First he thows in the 80's,has excellent control,gives up very few BB,has a good curve ball that tails off real nicely on a Rt. handed batter. He has always had a high K rate with relatively low pitch count. By the way he threw in a red uniform one game this Summer/Fall. Is he as good as Shep? Heck no!!
His bat ain't there and let's face it' Shep is the real deal'. Now finally why don't you ask the baseball staff if they would let Lefty clean cleats.I bet you they will. In addition :biggrin:LC has 3 pitchers that throw above 83. Have you gunned them? I have. Sorry guys I can't play any longer. Got to go to work.

SHEP, BURTON, CLINE, and MOORE all throw above 83
Panther Thunder Wrote:Post like this make you look like a total a** clown. Jackson shut LC down all year last year. And to make the comment that he isn't worthy of cleaning his spikes? About a high school kid? Really?

You are playing into my theory that you play for LC or are the most immature adult on BGR.

PT. I do believe you may have hit the proverbial nail on the head in your assessment. Jackson seemed to have the combination to the lock. Nothing glamorious or particular special, just went out and did the job.