Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate the 15th
thewiz Wrote:SHEP, BURTON, CLINE, and MOORE all throw above 83
Have you added or deleated anyone?
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Have you added or deleated anyone?

deleted*

i do not understand what you mean by added or deleted anyone.

i also do not understand why you criticize sweetlemonade for grammar usage, etc and then you spell deleted wrong. :Thumbs:
i say Pikeville is going be ranked #1
Pikeville is the top dog until someone knocks them off...time will tell when that will happen and who does it.
thewiz Wrote:deleted*

i also do not understand why you criticize sweetlemonade for grammar usage, etc and then you spell deleted wrong. :Thumbs:
Hey W thanks for the spell check mine obviously wasn't working. I would explain that you need to capitalize your sentences,but I won't.Finally and by the way Eric Salyers pitched several real nice innings as an incoming Freshman. He did so against quality high school programs some of which were fully represented. At times he threw much better than the upper classmen. I am a Baseball fan and be assured he will see the mound at time in 2011. He is the best underclass pitcher they have. I don't know if he hits or not but the coaches will take care of that as he progresses. With his control and concentration he will go a long way as a pitcher. The L.C. staff has shown a great deal of confidence in him as was exibited by a lot of time on the mound in the Summer and Fall. After this season the Dawgs will be building and if the fans,students and community can get behind this young man he can be a much needed part.
thewiz Wrote:deleted*

There is another pitcher that throws above 83 on the team and one you mentioned who somedays has trouble getting 80. You figure it out.
all 4 starters throws above 80, banks can get it up there to sometimes
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:There is another pitcher that throws above 83 on the team and one you mentioned who somedays has trouble getting 80. You figure it out.

i guess you bring radar guns to the games?
i was at every game and i know thats not true.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:SL if you are a mature poster,you should have no question as to wheither or not you are. Secondly did you understand the posts? If you did that appears to settle both issues. Not "anyone" but rather those who are immature and certainly not all posts should be referenced.

I had no question?? I do post as a mature poster, I said nobody could understand what you were saying.

Secondly, who else throws above 80 on the team? I know Banks does, but I'm certain Wiz was just listing pitchers.
SweetLemonade Wrote:I had no question?? I do post as a mature poster, I said nobody could understand what you were saying.

Secondly, who else throws above 80 on the team? I know Banks does, but I'm certain Wiz was just listing pitchers.

Lemonade, you seem to know the facts and as for Charlie Confusedhh:
Get out of here Charlie
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Hey W thanks for the spell check mine obviously wasn't working. I would explain that you need to capitalize your sentences,but I won't.Finally and by the way Eric Salyers pitched several real nice innings as an incoming Freshman. He did so against quality high school programs some of which were fully represented. At times he threw much better than the upper classmen. I am a Baseball fan and be assured he will see the mound at time in 2011. He is the best underclass pitcher they have. I don't know if he hits or not but the coaches will take care of that as he progresses. With his control and concentration he will go a long way as a pitcher. The L.C. staff has shown a great deal of confidence in him as was exibited by a lot of time on the mound in the Summer and Fall. After this season the Dawgs will be building and if the fans,students and community can get behind this young man he can be a much needed part.

if your so well educated then you shouldnt need to run spell check
and if i wanted to capitalize my sentences i would but i dont on here
This a 15th thread and has used by LC to play on. I got involved and should not. Let me say that I believe L.C. has four pitchers who can go into the 80's consistantly. Two of them can hit in the upper 80's. I believe one of them hit 87-88 at Dunbar and later clocked 91-92 at the E-W game. One I can verify the latter I cannot.
SHEP, BURTON, CLINE, MOORE.
all throw about 80.
I know this for a fact.
MOORE- good fast ball mid 80's, sweeping curve, great change up, has good changing of speed, very smart on the mound and uses all of his tools to be very effective, always gives his team an edge

CLINE- good fastball with movement mid 80's, insane 12-6 curve possibly best in the region, changeup is decent needs some work, chews up innings and gives the team a good chance to win. Still developing experience as a 2nd year pitcher.

BURTON- good heavy hard fastball mid to upper 80's, nice sharp curve ball, and a cutter, needs to work on changeup and overall control. When he is on he is very hard to deal with Has overall great stuff.

SHEP- what do I have to say, we all know about this kid, ALL AMERICAN STUFF, no info needed. simply a force to be wreckend with.

BANKS- decent fastball with pretty good movement, swift curve, and good changeup.
will chew up innings when needed, gives team chance to win. (as I read earlier, a utility pitcher/primarily a shortstop)

best pitching staff in the 15th and eastern ky
SweetTea Wrote:MOORE- good fast ball mid 80's, sweeping curve, great change up, has good changing of speed, very smart on the mound and uses all of his tools to be very effective, always gives his team an edge

CLINE- good fastball with movement mid 80's, insane 12-6 curve possibly best in the region, changeup is decent needs some work, chews up innings and gives the team a good chance to win. Still developing experience as a 2nd year pitcher.

BURTON- good heavy hard fastball mid to upper 80's, nice sharp curve ball, and a cutter, needs to work on changeup and overall control. When he is on he is very hard to deal with Has overall great stuff.

SHEP- what do I have to say, we all know about this kid, ALL AMERICAN STUFF, no info needed. simply a force to be wreckend with.

BANKS- decent fastball with pretty good movement, swift curve, and good changeup.
will chew up innings when needed, gives team chance to win. (as I read earlier, a utility pitcher/primarily a shortstop)

Excellent Post :Thumbs:
SweetTea Wrote:MOORE- good fast ball mid 80's, sweeping curve, great change up, has good changing of speed, very smart on the mound and uses all of his tools to be very effective, always gives his team an edge

i agree aswell great post, very accurate in your observations.:Clap::Thumbs::notworthy:1:
yeah thanks, I didn't understand all of this arguing. LC fans shouldn't argue with each other even if you don't see eye to eye.

:Thumbs:
so what do you guys think about the rest of the dawgs since we have established pitching as a strong point?
SweetTea Wrote:so what do you guys think about the rest of the dawgs since we have established pitching as a strong point?

They should have a great group of hitters this year as well.

Shepherd
Banks
Compton
Burton
ETC, are all excellent hitters.

LC will be tough to handle this year IMO.
SweetTea Wrote:so what do you guys think about the rest of the dawgs since we have established pitching as a strong point?

Clark Rice should have a big year, Only a sophomore, this kid has a bright future ahead of him.
Rice should have an outstanding year for the dawgs

FiveStar Wrote:Rice should have an outstanding year for the dawgs

LC loses one heck of a first baseman in parsons and a good outfielder in pack, can anyone pick up the slack in those 2 areas?
Im not concerned about behind the plate all they lost their was a bat, possibly improves behind the plate this year with rice maturing
SweetTea Wrote:LC loses one heck of a first baseman in parsons and a good outfielder in pack, can anyone pick up the slack in those 2 areas?
Im not concerned about behind the plate all they lost their was a bat, possibly improves behind the plate this year with rice maturing

Agreed Rice should have an outstanding year and a bright future.

As for the the two spots you are talking about:
1st- I guess Moore or Parker would have to take in this roll, I'm not for sure if anyone else has played this position besides them two and Cline. But when Cline isn't pitching he will probably be playing outfield. Parker has pitching experience so I'm gonna say he may get some innings. If so, then Moore would play first and vis versa, Moore pitching - Parker at first.
LF-If Shepherd pitches I could see Burton, Compton and Cline in the outfield. Burton pitching would put Shepherd in center and Cline pitching would have Burton in right, Shep in center and Compton in left.
Let's make sure we keep the thread civil and on-topic.
SweetLemonade Wrote:Agreed Rice should have an outstanding year and a bright future.

As for the the two spots you are talking about:
1st- I guess Moore or Parker would have to take in this roll, I'm not for sure if anyone else has played this position besides them two and Cline. But when Cline isn't pitching he will probably be playing outfield. Parker has pitching experience so I'm gonna say he may get some innings. If so, then Moore would play first and vis versa, Moore pitching - Parker at first.
LF-If Shepherd pitches I could see Burton, Compton and Cline in the outfield. Burton pitching would put Shepherd in center and Cline pitching would have Burton in right, Shep in center and Compton in left.
:Clap::rockon:

Good post I would have to agree, I was thinking the samething except, Parker quit in the middle of the season last year, I believe Moore, Musick, and Cline will all see time at 1st.

The dawgs will have a pretty good outfield with Shepherd, Compton, Burton, Cline and dont forget about Balaklaw.

The infield will be good but I believe 3rd base will again continue to be a weakness with the Dawgs for the 3rd year in a row.

Also does anyone have any idea as to who will be playing 2nd base?
Could we possibly see Shep back in the infield?

I would also like to point out to some of the immaturity of other posters on here needs to stop, dont take things too far people.
SweetTea Wrote::Clap::rockon:

Good post I would have to agree, I was thinking the samething except, Parker quit in the middle of the season last year, I believe Moore, Musick, and Cline will all see time at 1st.

The dawgs will have a pretty good outfield with Shepherd, Compton, Burton, Cline and dont forget about Balaklaw.

The infield will be good but I believe 3rd base will again continue to be a weakness with the Dawgs for the 3rd year in a row.

I would also like to point out to some of the immaturity of other posters on here needs to stop, dont take things too far people.

3rdbase has been a problem for the LC for the past 2 years and i see no difference this year.
the rest of the infield will be solid though
SweetTea Wrote::Clap::rockon:

Ah yes can't forget about him, he could be crucial at 1st.

As for third base, I understand that Ethan Daniel transferred to LC from Paintsville. He is a solid player and could maybe take the roll as the third baseman this year.

With Tucker leaving I would assume Chandler could play short or second when Moore pitches, allowing Burton, Cline, and Compton to be in the outfield. I also was thinking maybe having Daniel to second, Banks at short and Musick could play third. I seen him play there a couple of times last year.
I think Tucker's family decided not to move, but i would like to see ethan danials at third