Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate the 15th
9-POINT Wrote:I think Tucker's family decided not to move, but i would like to see ethan danials at third

Sorry if I'm wrong, I heard he was moving to North Carolina.
If he stays then he will play second for sure.
SweetLemonade Wrote:Sorry if I'm wrong, I heard he was moving to North Carolina.
If he stays then he will play second for sure.

He was supposed to move, the latest I heard was that his parents are staying here to finish out this year for sure; a possible move next year but it is likely he will finish out at lawrence county.

I think musick will see the majority of the time at 3rdbase, and I would love to see Shep take some at 2ndbase - maybe after he pitches or something because outfield would put too much strain on his arm.
thewiz Wrote:SHEP, BURTON, CLINE, and MOORE all throw above 83

Saw both Cline and Moore throw during summer ball this past year. Not too bad (Cline) to be a beginning pitcher...

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
SweetTea Wrote:He was supposed to move, the latest I heard was that his parents are staying here to finish out this year for sure; a possible move next year but it is likely he will finish out at lawrence county.

I think musick will see the majority of the time at 3rdbase, and I would love to see Shep take some at 2ndbase - maybe after he pitches or something because outfield would put too much strain on his arm.

Thats good that he will get to finish out his year here.

Shepherd, without question, can play any position on the field and would make an excellent 2nd base this year for the dogs after pitching.

As for third base, you dont think Daniel with be starting there and play alot?
Daniels will lock up third. musick needs to pick up the slack to fight for a position. i would go as far to say that he might end up at first.. with moore on the mound.
phs1986 Wrote:Saw both Cline and Moore throw during summer ball this past year. Not too bad (Cline) to be a beginning pitcher...

cline just started pitching for the dawgs last year.! not to bad at all
FiveStar Wrote:Daniels will lock up third. musick needs to pick up the slack to fight for a position. i would go as far to say that he might end up at first.. with moore on the mound.

I agree.
FiveStar Wrote:cline just started pitching for the dawgs last year.! not to bad at all

Last year he was an excellent closer, and had 5+ saves.
FiveStar Wrote:cline just started pitching for the dawgs last year.! not to bad at all

now that cline has some experience under his belt I look for him and the rest of the LC pitching staff have a great year. He was coming out of the pen early in last years season, to starting toward the middle and end, I have saw vast improvement, experience was the X factor there.

After watching summer and fall ball I can say that every LC pitcher has gotten even better. Pitching will be the strong point with this years team and will carry them back to applebees.
FiveStar Wrote:Daniels will lock up third. musick needs to pick up the slack to fight for a position. i would go as far to say that he might end up at first.. with moore on the mound.

I had a typo
Musick will split time at 3rdbase and 1stbase was what I was meaning.
No easy road for Region 15 champion 2011, Lawrence can't throw Shep every game. Like I said before Lawrence is beatable without him on the mound. Lawrence has some good throwers, but beatable.:popcorn:
CleanupMan Wrote:No easy road for Region 15 champion 2011, Lawrence can't throw Shep every game. Like I said before Lawrence is beatable without him on the mound. Lawrence has some good throwers, but beatable.:popcorn:
I think I remember both Austin Lyons and Cody Parker beating him.
SweetTea Wrote:MOORE- good fast ball mid 80's, sweeping curve, great change up, has good changing of speed, very smart on the mound and uses all of his tools to be very effective, always gives his team an edge

CLINE- good fastball with movement mid 80's, insane 12-6 curve possibly best in the region, changeup is decent needs some work, chews up innings and gives the team a good chance to win. Still developing experience as a 2nd year pitcher.

BURTON- good heavy hard fastball mid to upper 80's, nice sharp curve ball, and a cutter, needs to work on changeup and overall control. When he is on he is very hard to deal with Has overall great stuff.

SHEP- what do I have to say, we all know about this kid, ALL AMERICAN STUFF, no info needed. simply a force to be wreckend with.

BANKS- decent fastball with pretty good movement, swift curve, and good changeup.
will chew up innings when needed, gives team chance to win. (as I read earlier, a utility pitcher/primarily a shortstop)

best pitching staff in the 15th and eastern ky
I believe you kind of exaggerated those numbers just a tad.
Bob Seger Wrote:I think I remember both Austin Lyons and Cody Parker beating him.

Maybe before, but with what Chandler had offered to him this past summer with Midland and professional type skills and training. Chandler will be rough to hit off of this year.
Bob Seger Wrote:I think I remember both Austin Lyons and Cody Parker beating him.

Thats why Lyons is at pikeville while Shep is going to UK, possibly as high as
2nd round in the draft? right?

Shep didnt pitch at all last year for the dawgs, and has fully recovered coming back stronger than ever.
Bob Seger Wrote:I believe you kind of exaggerated those numbers just a tad.

Those numbers are not exaggerated at all.
Thats a complete and honest evaluation that I believe anyone on here will vouch for.

Jealous your teams pitching staff isnt that deep?

Probably so,
Feb. 15th will be here soon so I guess you will just have to come check them out for yourself.

Parker has never beat Shep and I believe Austin beat him Sheps sophmore year by 1 run
SweetTea Wrote:Thats why Lyons is at pikeville while Shep is going to UK, possibly as high as
2nd round in the draft? right?

Shep didnt pitch at all last year for the dawgs, and has fully recovered coming back stronger than ever.
Pikeville? Well, OK.

2nd round? Hardly.
SweetTea Wrote:Those numbers are not exaggerated at all.
Thats a complete and honest evaluation that I believe anyone on here will vouch for.

Jealous your teams pitching staff isnt that deep?

Probably so,
Feb. 15th will be here soon so I guess you will just have to come check them out for yourself.

Parker has never beat Shep and I believe Austin beat him Sheps sophmore year by 1 run

Yeah , I think they are all highly exaggerated. While it is possible that Moore might have hit the low 80's he throws in the mid to high 70's game speed wise. I do believe that he is a very good pitcher, perhaps possessing all of the attributes you mentioned, except for the velocity statement. But then again, there is nothing more highly over rated than velocity when it comes to pitching. It ranks way down the list of the criteria of what makes a good pitcher to me. And if you ask Gary Henderson at UK, he will tell you the same. How do I know? Because he told me that that is his opinion as well. So to me, the exaggeration of numbers is not needed to state your case.

Jealous? Grow up. Dont start with this same ole silly Lawrence Co. little school kid rhetoric. Do you want to talk intelligently or not?

You may have forgotten, but Parker did beat Shepherd in the 2009 district finals. Brad Bohannon was in the stands as well as a Milwaukee scout. Ask them.
Bob Seger Wrote:Yeah , I think they are all highly exaggerated. While it is possible that Moore might have hit the low 80's he throws in the mid to high 70's game speed wise. I do believe that he is a very good pitcher, perhaps possessing all of the attributes you mentioned, except for the velocity statement. But then again, there is nothing more highly over rated than velocity when it comes to pitching. It ranks way down the list of the criteria of what makes a good pitcher to me. And if you ask Gary Henderson at UK, he will tell you the same. How do I know? Because he told me that that is his opinion as well. So to me, the exaggeration of numbers is not needed to state your case.

Jealous? Grow up. Dont start with this same ole silly Lawrence Co. little school kid rhetoric. Do you want to talk intelligently or not?

You may have forgotten, but Parker did beat Shepherd in the 2009 district finals. Brad Bohannon was in the stands as well as a Milwaukee scout. Ask them.

You are ridiculous, I have seen all of these kids listed above on the gun. I am in no way exaggerating.
It isnt rare to see a low to mid 80s fastball anymore.
Bring a gun and see for yourself.
These kids was also clocked at showcases the radar gun doesnt exaggerate.:dontthink:Thumbs:
Shepherd if i recall correctly didnt get much run support that game.
SweetTea Wrote:You are ridiculous, I have seen all of these kids listed above on the gun. I am in no way exaggerating.
It isnt rare to see a low to mid 80s fastball anymore.
Bring a gun and see for yourself.
These kids was also clocked at showcases the radar gun doesnt exaggerate.:dontthink:Thumbs:
Shepherd if i recall correctly didnt get much run support that game.

Ridulous? Hardly.

Dont need to rely on anyone else's gun. I have my own, and I use it quit often, thank you. I'm pretty much up to date on all that stuff, son.

Now it's the best you "recall"? I thought you said that Parker had never beaten him? Which is it? Perhaps you're not as well informed as you let on, or is your memory just selective?

Lack of run support? Yeah, that's what happens sometimes. Sometimes you have to give credit for the opposing pitcher for causing that too. That is why he may not be so unbeatable this year. I'm just not seeing all the heavy lumber this year. One run may be all it takes. Anyway, the best I recall, Chase Richardson put on a hitting clinic against him in that game as well.
Bob Seger Wrote:Ridulous? Hardly.

Dont need to rely on anyone else's gun. I have my own, and I use it quit often, thank you. I'm pretty much up to date on all that stuff, son.

Now it's the best you "recall"? I thought you said that Parker had never beaten him? Which is it? Perhaps you're not as well informed as you let on, or is your memory just selective?

Lack of run support? Yeah, that's what happens sometimes. Sometimes you have to give credit for the opposing pitcher for causing that too. That is why he may not be so unbeatable this year. I'm just not seeing all the heavy lumber this year. One run may be all it takes. Anyway, the best I recall, Chase Richardson put on a hitting clinic against him in that game as well.

Shepherd has gotten so much better since then and I dont see a team in the region beating him.
LC went on to win the region and go to applebees that year too.
So what if parker did beat him it was 2 years ago.

You obvious dont follow Lc very often or you would know that I didnt exaggerate at all. I know for a fact you havent had that gun of yours at any LC games last year because I attended every game.
My advice would be to bring you gun which you probably dont even have one and clock for yourself.

This thread is talking about your predictions for this season, and it seems everyone aggrees LC has the best pitching staff and is favored to win the district and region this year.

Whats your prediction?
Bob Seger Wrote:Ridulous? Hardly.

I too have a gun Bob. Had a good opportunity to use it a few times this summer. On one such occasion we were pulling the trigger at a Legion game at Paintsville. The Lexington team was playing Morehead.A young fellow was standing beside me and said "say buddy what is that pitcher from Lexington throw'un". I looked at the dial in the 2nd and it read 85. The kid and I were both suprised. The pitcher on the mound was Trevor Gott and by the last of the 3rd he had got my old plug gun to 91. My whole point is one needs to speak of mid 80's with respect. Not a lot of high school pitchers can do it. It concerns me that Shep with a 60 pitch limit during rehab is not really full house throwing. It is of cource understandable during the process. I believe he will however,be up to the task. He threw, asI said previously, 87/88 at Dunbar.(verified) AT the East/West I understand 90/91?
SweetTea Wrote:Shepherd has gotten so much better since then and I dont see a team in the region beating him.
LC went on to win the region and go to applebees that year too.
So what if parker did beat him it was 2 years ago.

You obvious dont follow Lc very often or you would know that I didnt exaggerate at all. I know for a fact you havent had that gun of yours at any LC games last year because I attended every game.
My advice would be to bring you gun which you probably dont even have one and clock for yourself.

This thread is talking about your predictions for this season, and it seems everyone aggrees LC has the best pitching staff and is favored to win the district and region this year.

Whats your prediction?

Parker was just a sophomore then as well. Perhaps he is much better now too. Again if you knew that Shepherd was beaten by Parker why did you say that he wasn't?

Know for a fact that you didn't......... LOL....And no, and you dont know that either. :Clap: I seemed to know a lot of other pertinent information that you either didn't know or failed to mention, didn't I? lol

I dont think everyone agrees with anything. Hamilton or Cecil are both very capable of shutting down LC bats on any given day. Anyways, like I said, all it takes is 1 run to win a ball game.

My prediction is a competitive 57th district tournament. LC may not even make it out of that if they have to face a Parker or a Zack Jackson early and cant put a few runs on the board. It is also my prediction that you better worry about that first before you have a regional tournament already "in the bag".
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I too have a gun Bob. Had a good opportunity to use it a few times this summer. On one such occasion we were pulling the trigger at a Legion game at Paintsville. The Lexington team was playing Morehead.A young fellow was standing beside me and said "say buddy what is that pitcher from Lexington throw'un". I looked at the dial in the 2nd and it read 85. The kid and I were both suprised. The pitcher on the mound was Trevor Gott and by the last of the 3rd he had got my old plug gun to 91. My whole point is one needs to speak of mid 80's with respect. Not a lot of high school pitchers can do it. It concerns me that Shep with a 60 pitch limit during rehab is not really full house throwing. It is of cource understandable during the process. I believe he will however,be up to the task. He threw, asI said previously, 87/88 at Dunbar.(verified) AT the East/West I understand 90/91?

Nobody is denying Shepherds numbers. I know pre injury, what you state is legit. I also am very much aware of the rarity of consistant mid 80's in high school. That's my whole point.
Bob Seger Wrote:Nobody is denying Shepherds numbers. I know pre injury, what you state is legit. I also am very much aware of the rarity of consistant mid 80's in high school. That's my whole point.

I agree that the 57th will be quite competitive. JC will be in the mix come tourney time and Jackson is hard to beat if he gets some runs. You know that Miller will run if he gets base runners.
The velocity of a pitch is become as funny as the 40's that the football kids in EKY run.
Panther Thunder Wrote:The velocity of a pitch is become as funny as the 40's that the football kids in EKY run.
Couldn't agree more.
Boys.... boy.... play nice! For once can we have a baseball thread stay open? Geez.... it isn't even in season just yet! Keep it on topic, state your opinions, and refrain from comments that a 5 year old would use! ONLY WARNING!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Lol PHS you know these baseball threads are competitive.

Well I agree with Charlie Hustle Jc will defiantly be in the mix making a great run for it. LC has a great pitching staff, no doubt. But their bats must be better than last years to achieve what they desire.
Panther Thunder Wrote:The velocity of a pitch is become as funny as the 40's that the football kids in EKY run.

Hey now those 40's are legit! :biggrin: