Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Players in the 57th
SweetTea Wrote:I was just stating my opinion guys, I wouldnt call it thrashing.
Kid is a really good solid pitcher, but yes struggles quite often at the plate which = weak bat, and misjudges balls in the outfield.
Ive seen him play a few times against LC and he played a game with LC this summer and missed 2 flyballs.
So in my observations the kid is just a pitcher which is fine, aslong as hes good at it which he is.

Opinions are great. But , tact would be even better...:Thumbs:.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Joker Wrote:Jackson is a good kid, we have played together a lot over the years. Was he overrated when he threw the perfect game with LC over the summer? And he does struggle with the bat, but he played summer ball with us here at JC over the summer and hit a grand slam. You mentioned that he missed a couple of balls in the outfield, I guess he is the only one that has ever done that.

Not on that day.:biggrin:
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I don't pretend to know all the things that Jackson does on the baseball field. Most people agree that he can pitch. I can however tell you some things that he does not do. He does not cuss ,stomp , kick the dirt,throw the bat and destroy the dougout after a negative. He does not strut to the plate like a major leaguer with a 7 degit payday while throwing the bat following a K, like a fifty cent rookie batboy.These are few things that Jackson does not do.

Good attitude is key in being a good ball player. Jackson seems to have a great one! There should be more players like him on the field. Hoping to see him lead his team this year.

I'm sure he'll be pitching against LC this year, so it should be a great game!
why is everyone over looking johnson centrals players, they got will meek, dj ousley, johnathan scarberry. that is some great talent right here guys.
batter08 Wrote:why is everyone over looking johnson centrals players, they got will meek, dj ousley, johnathan scarberry. that is some great talent right here guys.
I've been pretty amazed at how JC has underachieved the past few years. It's like there is no fire in that program. Pikeville went through a similar phase during 07-08-early09. Johnson Central has a lot of individual talent but it doesn't seem they have gelled well the past couple of seasons.
Shep takes this one
Get your heads out of the dirt if you dont believe that Shep is the best player in EKY. Its amazing to me that some of the people on here know very little but still blatantly talk as if they know something. A few local schools have a great core and players but Shep is who he is for a reason. Get a clue on how great this kid is already when he is healthy.
StrayBullet Wrote:Get your heads out of the dirt if you dont believe that Shep is the best player in EKY. Its amazing to me that some of the people on here know very little but still blatantly talk as if they know something. A few local schools have a great core and players but Shep is who he is for a reason. Get a clue on how great this kid is already when he is healthy.

What's the point in getting all fuzzed up? Show me where someone said he wasn't.:eyeroll:
I think that Nathan Howard from Magoffin County is the best Short Stop in the district and possibly region.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:I think that Nathan Howard from Magoffin County is the best Short Stop in the district and possibly region.

He's decent. BUT, I wouldn't go that far.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I would love to know who is a better...
For one I would take your own SS (Meek) over him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
I would venture to say that if you were to ask our staff, they would take Howard in a heart beat! I have heard them numerous times refer to Howard as the best in the Region last year at the SS spot.
Want to make sure that everyone knows Im taking nothing away from Meeks... I think that he is a great player as well... I just think that Howard is better from a defensive standpoint, and he is just a sophomore as well.
^ Well, that's opinion. I guess we'll just agree to disagree.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
thewiz Wrote:Shep, best player not only in 57th but the region, i would go as far to say eastern kentucky. def. among the top 10 players in the state.if you cant agree with that you have issues.
aslong as he stays heathly its gonna be 14 all the way.
LC has a great pitching staff for the 2011 season

Stay on topic. You are the only one with issues.

This is a 57th thread, not a Chandler thread only. He is only part of it, not all of it as there are probably around 100 players in the 57th.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I don't pretend to know all the things that Jackson does on the baseball field. Most people agree that he can pitch. I can however tell you some things that he does not do. He does not cuss ,stomp , kick the dirt,throw the bat and destroy the dougout after a negative. He does not strut to the plate like a major leaguer with a 7 degit payday while throwing the bat following a K, like a fifty cent rookie batboy.These are few things that Jackson does not do.

Good post. Guess what it doesnt matter if he can catch or hit, because what he will do is stop the opposing team from putting too many runs up themselves. I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of him. He is a great young man.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:I think that Nathan Howard from Magoffin County is the best Short Stop in the district and possibly region.

Give me Will Meek or Tate Banks either one over him. Both those can field it and stroke the baseball.
You know he's not the best SS in the region. I know he doesnt play it anymore, but Shep is probably one of the best defensive middle infielders in the region and this area. He has great foot work and it seems to be his natural position, but I understand the amount of throws you'd have to make from there, so I know why he doesn't play there?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:You know he's not the best SS in the region. I know he doesnt play it anymore, but Shep is probably one of the best defensive middle infielders in the region and this area. He has great foot work and it seems to be his natural position, but I understand the amount of throws you'd have to make from there, so I know why he doesn't play there?

i agree. shepherd,if i remember correctly, has always played middl infield until soph more year? but he has what it takes. the arm, the speed(6.65 60 from what i was told by coaches) and the head for the game. moving to outfield was not a bad idea though. he is just as talented out there as he is in the infield. and guess what. he can swing it a little bit. .530 with 10 homeruns. pretty impressive if u ask me..
Tyler kesner from jc...IS one of the best pitchers in the 57th. He is jc's stud pitcher. I've seen him throw a couple of games and Im impressed with this kid. His last nights performance against sc blew my mind. Kid hovers around 81-83. With Kesner on the mound for the eagles anything is possible..he has been much overlooked. Idk what hall is doing with his pitchers down there but I say we keep an eye on this kid..he does work.