Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region
Leslie is always decent.
Didn't Powell Win Regions last year? If so they should be moved up quite a few spots close to if not right in front of estill.
Hey Just to make sure everyone is on the same page these were rankings from January of LAST YEAR.........but its still funny to look at and seein how the season turned out lol
Lets look at these rankings and how it turn out......
1. Knott-- them like owsley alittle over hyped still a good baseball team
2. Lesie-- finshed #2 this was actually right WOW!!
3. Lee-- Good team this was the right spot for them
4. Perry-- Another good team...them and lee about even all year
5. Estill-- Strong team just put in a tough district (56th) they will be very strong this year.
6. Hazard--
7. Powell-- alittle under estimated seeing how they were Region Champs and played well to get there and yes the balls fell their way for the first time in 3 years
8. Wolfe-- switching districts was good for them they picked up a district title and got a chance at regions where they played some good ball
9. Owsley-- I think this team was a bit over hyped with alot of people sayin they should be in the top 5
10. Letcher- another team that didnt get any credit with new coach Bryan Dean we can except alot out of them for many years.
90FeetFromHome Wrote:Lets look at these rankings and how it turn out......
1. Knott-- them like owsley alittle over hyped still a good baseball team
2. Lesie-- finshed #2 this was actually right WOW!!
3. Lee-- Good team this was the right spot for them
4. Perry-- Another good team...them and lee about even all year
5. Estill-- Strong team just put in a tough district (56th) they will be very strong this year.
6. Hazard--
7. Powell-- alittle under estimated seeing how they were Region Champs and played well to get there and yes the balls fell their way for the first time in 3 years
8. Wolfe-- switching districts was good for them they picked up a district title and got a chance at regions where they played some good ball
9. Owsley-- I think this team was a bit over hyped with alot of people sayin they should be in the top 5
10. Letcher- another team that didnt get any credit with new coach Bryan Dean we can except alot out of them for many years.
Wow,im really suprised. How can you give Knott the first spot. Even if it was last year, who was crazy enough to put them first???
1. knott
2. Lee
3. Leslie
4. Perry
5. Estill
6. Hazard
7. Powell
8. Wolfe
9. Letcher
10. Owsley

I think that lee has alot of talent this year.
LCC_Cougar Wrote:Letcher 10th?? Wow! Can you say under rated? I think they will surprise some people this year!

True That.
Big Cat76 Wrote:1. knott
2. Lee
3. Leslie
4. Perry
5. Estill
6. Hazard
7. Powell
8. Wolfe
9. Letcher
10. Owsley

I think that lee has alot of talent this year.

are these your predictions for this upcoming year the 2007 season?
Godspeed Wrote:Wow,im really suprised. How can you give Knott the first spot. Even if it was last year, who was crazy enough to put them first???

Those were from last year and that is to high for Knott about 6th was a better spot for them.
Ha ha. predictions from last year.
i dont see how knott and lee can be #1 and #2, especially with lee losing their 3 best players and their head coach...and i just dont understand the thing with knott...i believe that in any order perry, estill and powell should be your top 3.
1. Perry central (with most players back and a top pitcher in the rewion-John Couch.)
2. Powell County (over Estill because they just won the region. They will suprise a lot of teams this year.)
3. Estill County ( Extremely talented team and everyone back)
4. Letcher County Central (lots of talent)
5. Leslie County(lost a lot, but still lots of talent and great coach)
6. Hazard ( usually has a great team and talent)
7. Knott County Central ( not so good last year, but young player get older and better)
8. Lee County( lost a lot, but the new coach will rebuild)
9. Breathitt County(like KCC young player get better)
10.Buckhorn (Who else?)
JustTrying Wrote:2007
1. Perry central (with most players back and a top pitcher in the rewion-John Couch.)
2. Powell County (over Estill because they just won the region. They will suprise a lot of teams this year.)
7. Knott County Central ( not so good last year, but young player get older and better)
10.Buckhorn (Who else?)

I Agree with this top 10 and deff agree PCC should be #1 they return jus bout everyone from last yr including the top pitcher Jon Couch.....How Should Cordia look in the 07 season??
10.Buckhorn (Who else?)
Yea that looks just fine with me :Clap:
Leslie is better than #5 spot.
explain why you think so? Thw four above them didn't lose very much from last year and Leslie did.
Look for LCC to make some noise before the 07 season is over. They have the best young coach in the 14th in Bryan Dean, but I got a feeling if the Letcher Co Board don't build a field it may be his last @ Letcher Central and who can blame him the football field was done last year and the gym was ready this year, why isn't the baseball field done? Or at least started on, but wasn't even that the last time I was up there. You're gonna lose a great baseball coach if dirt doesn't get turned soon in Whitesburg.
JustTrying Wrote:explain why you think so? Thw four above them didn't lose very much from last year and Leslie did.

That doesn't matter it's what you have not what you lost. Leslie went through a stretch last year where they had 3 or 4 starters out to injury and it didn't hurt them any. Plus this is the same team that played senior league togather and went to the state semi finals. They are just better than #5 spot you will see.
I don't understand how or why Coach Dean is the BEST YOUNG coach in ther region. I've heard that a lot, but I wish someone could explain for please.
LCC best team
1.Estill
2.Perry
3.Leslie
4.Knott
5.Powell

then the others in no particular order.
Total Domination Wrote:1.Estill
2.Perry
3.Leslie
4.Knott
5.Powell

then the others in no particular order.

It is your opinion, but totally crazy to have Knott that high. How many games did you watch last year?
It's going to be a down year for most teams in the 14th. Some will have returning players. The thing about the 14th, is that they can't compete with the 15th or 13th. Until then, the 14th will be the laughing stock of Southeast Ky.

As for Knott, if they get some good quality players, they'll be ok. Powell, Perry central, and Letcher Central are sure top 3. The rest are a toss up. Leslie will be down ad so will be Lee.
baseball_dad Wrote:It's going to be a down year for most teams in the 14th. Some will have returning players. The thing about the 14th, is that they can't compete with the 15th or 13th. Until then, the 14th will be the laughing stock of Southeast Ky.

As for Knott, if they get some good quality players, they'll be ok. Powell, Perry central, and Letcher Central are sure top 3. The rest are a toss up. Leslie will be down ad so will be Lee.
I don't see how you can say Leslie will be down this season? This is the same team that went to the state-semis a few years ago in senior league. Lee will be a good team also. Leslie and Lee are two teams that can always represent the 14th region well and compete with all the teams from the 15th region and 13th region.
TakeItToTheHouse Wrote:I don't see how you can say Leslie will be down this season? This is the same team that went to the state-semis a few years ago in senior league. Lee will be a good team also. Leslie and Lee are two teams that can always represent the 14th region well and compete with all the teams from the 15th region and 13th region.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh. But, I have expected the 14th to compete better. With the teams that they have had in the past 3 years. There should have been a representitive from the 14th to show up. Leslie was the best of the 14th last season, but couldn't get it done. Hazard was the last team from the 14th to get to get to the state. In 2004 they were beat by a very good Johnson Cetral team. Ad a lot of players that made the 14th competitive, are't there this coming season. We'll see. I'm looking for a lot of teams in the 14th to be o the same level this season.
10.Buckhorn (Who else?)

I think that Powell and Estill should be ahead of PCC. Estill may have the edge over Powell this year. Estill returns everyone Powell lost some key members to there team so IMO Estill should be in the top spot.
last year riverside had 9 foregin exchange students from china or something and they didnt have a team as for owlsey and their transfer i havnt heard anything but i think ppl are looking over letcher they have 5 big players coming back and i have heard that there couch is working hard. and i think that buckhorn got a new couch
PLAY2 Wrote:I love KCC but I do not think they are ready to be NO. 1 in the region. They will be improved, but have a lot of sweat to put in and a lot of mental work. Their bulk of their best players are still underclassmen. But they have good expectations about themselves and that is a good sign. I think Leslie Co. should be No. 1 until they play themselves out of it or another team takes it.

kcc has 7 seniors where is the bulk 7 seniors and i am thinking they all will start this year i do agree they have to work hard and probably not ready for no 1 but however they do have a lot of players with the mind set and baseball knowledge to play
KCC 12-21 last year and if they didn't lose anyone, then that just means that they still have all the same players from a 12-21 team!!! And 7 wins in the weakest district in the 14th.
i think leslie co will have a good season.. and will have a chance to be in the region chamionship again this year..